Start by marking “Wounded (Rylee Adamson, #8)” as Want to Read:
Wounded (Rylee Adamson, #8)

Wounded

(Rylee Adamson #8)

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  3,859 Ratings  ·  179 Reviews
"My name is Rylee and I am a Tracker."

When children go missing, and the Humans have no leads, I'm the one they call. I am their last hope in bringing home the lost ones. I salvage what they cannot.

The clock is ticking and I can feel the weight of the final battle with the demon hordes looming over my head. The puzzle pieces are becoming clearer, but the casualty list is gr
Published September 9th 2014 by Hijinks Ink Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Wounded, please sign up.
Natalie Santana No. I just finished reading it and it's not the final book.

Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Jul 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

In my last review I complained that this series lacked feels. I really should have put two-and-two together, and realized that Shannon Mayer was saving the heart shredding for WOUNDED because the title says it all. The first paragraphs tally up the ally / RIP count thus far, and the numbers are pretty significant on both sides; one tombstone was missing though, and even though the author has been trying to mentally prepare us for several installments now, I was still ill
Susan  Baratta
Sep 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Beth

Please give me a moment of silence, I'm currently in mourning over a fictional character!!!

Why!! Why!! How can you do this to me!

Once again Shannon Mayer brilliantly enraptures me in her marvelous writing, making me laugh and cry and completely enveloped me in this dystopian fictional world.

Spring of 2015 can't come soon enough!

Written by: Shannon Mayer
Series: A Rylee Adamson Novel
Sequence in Series: 8
Page Count: 270 pages
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Publication Date:
Sandi Potterton
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Arggghhh! Now we wait until 2015, say it isn't so!

I pre-ordered Wounded and was excited to find it on my Kindle first thing this morning! I just finished it and the tears are still drying on my cheeks. I know it is not the end but the love and the sacrifice touched my heart, despite the story being fiction.

When I can live a story with the characters I count myself honored to find a writer so skilled that they can draw me in. There are a few out there and Shannon Mayer has joined their ranks. Th
Sue
Sep 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Unrelenting action but almost no humor in this installment. Way too dark for my tastes. Not a ray of hope or happiness anywhere. (view spoiler) I think I'm done with this series unless (view spoiler).
Monica
Nov 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
This series is in my top favourites of all time. Its super exciting and nearly non stop action. It has made me laugh and cry within moments. The feels are strong with these. ;)
Bernadette
Sep 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
LOVE this series. Rylee is one of my absolute favorite leads in this genre. Kick butt, witty, yet also has a soft side. Really enjoy the world Shannon has created and all the characters.

Read this book way too fast and Spring 2015 seems so far away! :(

I full on cried towards the end, even though we knew it was coming at some point. Maybe somehow is Rylee's world it can change? *sniffle*

Suz
Jun 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, urban-fantasy

The narrator change wasn't as jarring as I expected it to be. In fact I think I prefer Fortengang's Liam.

Loren Weaver
Sep 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wounded is book eight in the Rylee Adamson series by Shannon Mayer and follows as Rylee's demon adventures continue.

With the Four Horseman's arrival imminent, and four demon packs loosed on earth, Rylee's got to figure out how to keep fighting. She's losing those in her care, and she can't save them. There's a gift on the horizon, but even that struggles to keep her spirits up.

I like this book because it shows the true struggle to keep fighting for what's right and good in the world. Evil exists
Jenne
Oh me…I'm speechless after finishing this one. (view spoiler) This was one hell of a ride though. I've been told to read Stitched after this one that it helps. So guess I'll do that, then it's light and fluffy reads for a minute lol.

If you like PNR/UF and h
Jessica Frances
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nooo! I sort of knew what was coming but hoped so badly I was wrong. That there would be a twist to stop this. I’m devastated. Mayer sure doesn’t hold back her punches. This is a war and there is no doubt that no one is safe. I hope this can be reversed or sorted out in some way, but for now I am intrigued on how this is going to play out. A must read for fans of this series.
Megan
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fuck me. I know that we all knew it was going to happen but just... fuck me. I can barely write this. I am crying so freaking hard. So I'm not even going to try to write a review.
Denisa
4.5 (5 GR stars for the courage though).

I really can't believe what Mayer did with this book, I expected anything but this. (view spoiler) But well done Mayer! You did what not a lot would dare do and you did it well!
I can't believe how many things happened in so few pages, it's a talent I appreciate and love in any book I read and a
Karen
Sep 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, urban-fantasy
My only problem is that the next book is not out yet.. I really like the characters in this series and you gotta love alex.. I really can't wait for the next book. though this book did have me in tears. I will not say anymore than that
Melody
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh Liam
Barb Shuler
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book starts off right where Veiled Threat ends. Rylee is trying to find a way to stop Orion and his demons. After a meeting of the council, Rylee, Liam, Doran, Erik, Faris and Berget get a rude awakening while questioning Bert (a demon doppelganger bound to Erik). Rylee wanted to know what Orion was planning. But since Bert, as were most demons, he was bound to Orion, he could not tell her. Rylee threatens to torture him for the information and he tells her to track demons and evil spirits. ...more
Tiffany
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Often series have gone so far off track by the eighth book in the series that I lose interest. Not once has this author strayed from the original feel of the series. I love these characters and it is not often that books or movies move me to tears, but I was crying at the end of this one.

The series moves along. Orion wants Rylee dead. There are four packs of demons that are the precursor to the four demons that are akin to the four horsemen of the apocalypse. These packs are either already here
Denise
Sep 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, favourites, read-2014
Without a doubt the darkest and most intense book to date in an already dark and intense series. The final pieces in Orion's plan of conquest are almost in place, and Rylee and her allies must stand and fight against ever greater odds, facing death at every step. The war is far from done claiming the lives of those standing at Rylee's side, and one will pay the ultimate sacrifice as long foretold in prophecy... (view spoiler) ...more
This Literary Life
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Brace yourself...

This book, like the last few, has been a non stop action packed ride. I am ready for poor Rylee to take a breather for a day or two!! Shannon has an uncanny ability to weave interesting tidbits of information into the story as it goes. You are always getting important facts, but only enough that you need to know for now, keeping you going in the story, always wanting more! I can not get enough of this story! Even though I was warned, this book broke my heart and made me ugly cry
Shannon
Love always wins...

I have loved every book in this series, and this one is no different. I wept and laughed. I loved how holes were filled in, and how certain characters grew. I am looking forward to next book and rereading the series.
Melissa luke
Sep 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow....

once again I am left speechless.. almost. I gave this book a five star rating even though my heart is broken..seriously! How could you do this to me Shannon? I cannot wait until the next book comes out!!
Nikki Thompson
May 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
We were warned

This one hurt. She warned us for about five books, but it didn't make it any easier. I guess I was hoping it wouldn't really happen. Too many loved ones dying, but it is the demon apocalypse...so what do you expect?
Pamela
What an amazing read. For those who absolutely love this series, you're in for a treat as this one is filled to the brim with action. I suggest you keep a box of Kleenex by your side as you'll need them once your tears start to flow as they most definitely will.
Christine Green
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If I could give this more than 5 stars I would. It was fantastic.
Linda
Sep 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shannon expressed; hope, despair and love in such a way as to hold the "Rylee Adamson" series forever close to my heart.
Angela
Oct 04, 2014 rated it liked it
I am through with this series until the last book comes out. Not that it's not a good book but it's too good that I am too heartbroken to continue reading.
Joseph Kramer
May 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
excellent. entering recovery period. lost someone close.
Nicole
Nov 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book broke my heart
Shelly Reddinger
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Things never seem to slow down for Rylee. As Orion coming through the veil gets closer things keep getting crazier. Rylee keeps saving people, saving family/pack, and fighting demons.

Rylee misses her days of just being a regular tracker, tracking down kids that went missing. Now a days she is tracking kids that are kidnapped to be used for demon possession. There is no shortage of people that need to be saved with the crazy things happening in the book.

Nothing is closer to Rylee than her famil
Heather
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this series, especially seeing how it intertwined with the Elemental Series. However, I'm not so sure my teenagers would enjoy it. There is a fair amount of language and gore that even I skipped through. In addition to that there are some sex scenes to skip over, and a few crude/lewd moments that I could have done without. I understood the language was a way of distinction with the Trackers in that world, and if it hadn't been for how well done the story was I don't think I would have ...more
  • Pretty When She Destroys (Pretty When She Dies, #3)
  • Keeping Secret (Secret McQueen, #4)
  • Ties That Bind (The Spire Chronicles, #2)
  • Raven (Storm Chronicles #5)
  • Blood and Bite (Rune Alexander, #2)
  • New Order (Bo Blackman, #2)
  • Burning Bright (Ivy Granger, #3)
  • Dark Heir (Jane Yellowrock, #9)
  • Under the Final Moon (Underworld Detection Agency, #6)
  • To Hell and Back (Hellcat, #4)
  • Of Blood and Passion (Vamp City, #3)
  • Reckoning (Fallen Siren, #2)
  • Spellfinder (Cassidy Edwards, #2)
  • Thicker Than Blood (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress #6)
  • Witch is When All Was Revealed (A Witch P.I. Mystery #12)
  • Maggie Get Your Gun (Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker, #2)
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
A long time ago, in a galaxy far away, I was born into a family of Star Wars nuts. I have a lot of siblings (somewhere I lost count but I think there was more than could be numbered on one hand) and being one of the young padawans I was subjected to Star Wars marathons, on a regular basis. If you've read any of my books you'll see there is often a reference to said movies as a small homage to my u ...more

Rylee Adamson (10 books)
  • Priceless (Rylee Adamson, #1)
  • Immune (Rylee Adamson, #2)
  • Raising Innocence (Rylee Adamson, #3)
  • Shadowed Threads (Rylee Adamson, #4)
  • Blind Salvage (Rylee Adamson, #5)
  • Tracker (Rylee Adamson, #6)
  • Veiled Threat (Rylee Adamson, #7)
  • Rising Darkness (Rylee Adamson, #9)
  • Blood of the Lost (Rylee Adamson, #10)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fortune's Rising (Outer Bounds #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Beginning of the End (Apocalypse Z, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
  • Renegade: The Lost Books, Book 3
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Let the Right One In: A Novel
  • Come Out Tonight
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul of the Fire (Sword of Truth #5)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • The Witch's Vacuum Cleaner and Other Stories
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
  • A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel: Volume One
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Temple of the Winds (Sword of Truth Book 4)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • The Witch's Daughter (The Witch's Daughter, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Winter King: A Novel of Arthur (Warlord Chronicles)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Red Knight (The Traitor Son Chronicles, #1)
  • 14
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Riot (Peter Grant, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • I, Robot
    $7.99 $2.99
“They are always with you, the ones you love. They never leave you. They fight for you even after they’re gone.” 8 likes
“Too many leaders fail when they are afraid to do what is right because it is hard, or they are afraid of how it will make them look.” 3 likes