Start by marking “Restoring Us: Complete Series” as Want to Read:
Restoring Us: Complete Series

Restoring Us: Complete Series

(Restoring #1)

Two years.

It’s been two long years since Ava packed everything and left the life she once knew far behind her seeking a new adventure. All, except for her broken heart.

Once upon a time Ava and Ethan were in love. Their relationship was perfect, and they both planned a future together, filled with promise and hope. It wasn’t until an unwelcomed event storms into their
Published January 11th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Restoring Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Restoring Us

Start your review of Restoring Us: Complete Series
Fre06 Begum
Dilek VT
Jan 24, 2019 marked it as never-no-way
Just when I think that the most horrible hero and his story has been written, some writer comes up with an even more disgusting idea that they call "romance"!!!

So how about reading a masterpiece in which the hero leaves "the love of his life!" when she had cancer because he couldn't cope with it and then f*cks his way around for 2 years and when she survives cancer, he comes back and the idiot takes him back?

Wanna read this "awesome" love story?
Anyone who wants to buddy-read it with me :))??

Vintage
Cheating hero, doormat with cancer.

A hero that ditches his girlfriend when she has cancer is not a hero, and she's the idiot that beats cancer to take him back. And who said romance is dead.
London
The hero breaks up with the heroine because she has cancer. He fucks other women all throughout the separation while she's fighting cancer. She ends up beating it only to take the sorry son of a bitch back.

Who writes this garbage?
scribes23
Apr 22, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: finished
WTDH DNF 40%

Once again, I fell victim to overrated reviews from goodreads.

The underdeveloped characters pissed me off to no ends. If you've read one or two of my other reviews, you know how much I hate DNFing, I consider it as an insult to the author.

But this book kept on insulting me, first of all, I can't comprehend how the heroine can stand the hero, immature and an ass, I hated how un-hostile (if that's a word) she was to him, when she returned.

I'm very disappointed because, I took a
Raj
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
*******************spoiler within*******************

What I did not like about this book:

Ethan

This guy is a piece of work.He abandons his dying girlfriend aka the love of his life on her deathbed.He just could not bear being around her because she was no longer so hot looking.She was pale,shorn hair,sunken eyes,riddled with cancer.Who needs to be around such a diseased being.So he dumps her without even telling her he is doing so.

His excuse was that he was too young for such a burden
Lynn
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
Honestly, I don’t know what to feel but anger. I love books with angst, cheating, manwhores with a heart of gold... but this book rubbed me the wrong way. Ava has cancer and the love of her life leaves her. Then two years later, after beating cancer and going to Europe, she’s back. And being in Ethan’s head as he tries to justify leaving Ava made me hella uncomfortable.

This is a direct quote from Ethan’s friend
“Yeah, but you were also twenty-two and scared. You need to stop obsessing over the
Rose
Mar 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
Horrible hero. Weak h. One of worse heroes ever written, dafuq was that?

He left her when she had cancer... ok fine BUT she ALSO hardly made him fight!!!!! And another pet peeve? When the supporting characters try to make an h get back with a horrible H.

I also never felt his pain from losing her .. at all.

Also, it makes me wonder. If something happens again that's bad, would he stick around? The fact I didn't think he would by the end of the story, and that he'd run off and screw many OW, meant
Renégade ♥
Reason and reminder:

Image result for you've got to be kidding me

My response:

(view spoiler)
Rachel
Jul 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I had the lucky pleasure of reading an ARC of Restoring Us...and I adored it.

A sweet and painful, highly emotional read, Restoring Us is not the hand-gripping, angst-filled type story that I normally gravitate toward. Yet, I'm thrilled I read it. And I read IT fast. Francisco kept me riveted with her witty dialogue, picturesque parties and delicious descriptions.

Of course this story includes pain and suffering (the h has/had cancer), but in the end survival prevails. Not just survival from an
Chantel
Jan 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Who doesn’t love a good second chance at love. I know this is the second time in the past couple of weeks that you’ve read I cried reading a book but it doesn’t happen that often but it did in the two days I read this book and into another the next day. Fabiola grabbed me from page one. She gutted me with what the main character went through and how the break up happened. Her writing has changed so much from Perfectly Imperfect to this one. It was refreshing. The voices never changed and the ...more
Danielle ⚾️ (Danielle's Escape)
**5 Heart Melting Stars**

Wow let me just say I was stunned that I was grabbed so quickly in this book. I enjoyed it from start to finish. There was a few times I wanted to jump in the book and slap Ava and give run to Ethan and give him a big bear hug. But then at time I kept saying Why? Why did you do that?

The journey we get to share with these two is unlike anything. Being apart they have been through so much and as a couple they stand so much stronger. True love is a blessing and you need to
Jamie
Nov 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
This review can also be found on: http://bbf-book-boyfriends.blogspot.de

I was truly excited to be able to read this story. And it didn't disappoint!

This is a wonderful story about forgiveness, the ability to love beyond the hurt and about two people finding their way to each other.

Ava has won the battle against cancer, but lost the love of her life on the way. Devastated, she goes and travels throughout Europe, hoping to loose the shadow that's still haunting her. Now, going back to Chicago, to
Christy Pastore
Jul 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-reads
Five Wonderful Heart Warming Stars!

I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of this book, and it grabbed me from page one! I have to say that I went through a range of emotions with the prologue told from dual POV's!

With Ava I was like WHAT IS HAPPENING!!??

description

With Ethan I was like NO!!! NO Freaking Way this just happened!!

description

Me after reading the prologue...

description

Then... I started to devour this story...

Restoring Us is a poetic story about recapturing and restoring an amazing once in a lifetime love - the
Cheryl
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review of Restoring Us by Fabiola Francisco

Review done for Hooked on Books

4 out of 5 stars

I am not sure how much pain and suffering a person can take until they are totally broken but I truly believe that Ava was close to that point.

Being so young and having your life completely blown apart is heartbreaking. This poor young woman has been to hell and back. She is beautiful, caring, and unbelievably strong.

The Book Lover
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Okay so where do I start with this book.. oh yes the author! her name is Fabiola Francisco, I had the pleasure of meeting her through a friend at an awesome book party! she is really down to earth and awesome to talk to! follow her on twitter and add her on facebook!

The story of Restoring us will break your heart at the beginning of the book just in the prologue.. you will meet the beautiful Ava and Ethan (the douche) as I liked to call him back them, not to give much about the book, but its a
Book Fancy
Jan 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
An ARC received in exchange for an honest review.

This is the first book I've read by author Fabiola Francisco, and I really enjoyed it. Restoring Us is the story of Ethan and Ava. They used to a couple years before, but when life got tough they're relationship didn't make it. Fast forward two years and they meet again. Ava is learning to live her life again but Ethan is still swarming in guilt for leaving Ava when she needed him the most.

Do second chances really exist? Fabiola takes us on the
Ana Laura
When I read something like this, I inevitably think: My God, women for so many years have been repressed from expressing their desires and opinions. Still in many countries they are! And when women finally make space to publishing their ideas, what SOMEONE of them do ???? They write this kind of shit !!! This is repulsive and disrespectful to people who experience this kind of reality and still reflects distorted and absurd values. Please just stop. Stop embarrassing our gender with this ...more
Izzie d
Not for me.
Heavenly
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. First 2 chapters made me cry and cursing Ethan. I wasn’t his biggest fan. I even thought that Ava should fall in love with someone new, someone who won’t walk away whenever hardship is thrown their way. But when the story progressed I fell in love with him. I understood his reasoning and to be honest I started wondering if I would not react the same, if something like that happened to me when I was young, stupid and whole life was ahead of me. Of course leaving Ava was his ...more
Susi
May 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been reading many second chance romance books lately and they are truly my favorite. I believe that everyone deserves a second chance. Restoring Us is a second chance romance that hooked me from the start.

I loved the entire cast of characters in this book. Ethan and Ava are a special couple. Their chemistry sizzles.

The supporting characters are funny and complete this story with their playful banter and loving personalities. Katie, Dan, Jessie and Aiden are lovable in their own ways.

Hooked On Books
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it

Review done for Hooked on Books

4 out of 5 stars

After Ava is diagnosed with cancer, her true love, Ethan, up and leaves her when she is going through her treatments. Ava is
Melissa Miller-Mattern
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for A Wanton Book Lover Blog

Fabiola Francisco’s Restoring Us is a story about second chances and happy endings. The readers follows the story of Ethan and Ava whose parents are friends as are Ethan and Ava, who eventually become a couple in as young adults. Tragedy strikes when Ava is diagnosed with cervical cancer. Ethan loves Ava with all his heart but to protect himself from possibly losing her, he breaks up with her during her cancer treatment. Ava eventually receives a clean bill
Joanne Mountford
Jan 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Restoring Us

WOW!! Second chances. Who deserves one in your life? Ethan fights for a second chance with Ava. He broke her heart in the worst way, I was devastated reading the first few chapters of this story. I couldn't understand how someone could love someone so much but yet still walk away. He literally needed to un-break her heart. I felt her pain, everything she had to deal with and not have the one person in the world who she loves the most. Ethan and Ava have known each other since they
Chris
Nov 28, 2016 rated it did not like it
Nerissa
Feb 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
I've never met a more disgusting male lead. What a complete a$$hole. Words can not describe how little I like him. Almost didn't continue after first book but will try...

I normally will not mark a book on characters alone. If I don't like the characters, that is just a part of 5 different areas I rate. Unfortunately for the first time ever, I have to change this. I am giving this one star only and purely on my intense dislike and hate of the Male lead. I was so disgusted by this male character
« previous 1 3 next »

• What Happens After...
  • Ditch Flowers
  • Ripple
  • Sweet Temptation (Men of Honor, #2)
  • With Every Breath (River Bend, #1)
  • Saved (Wanted, #2)
  • Forsaking All Others (From This Day Forward Duet #2)
  • The First Time
  • The Marriage Renewal
  • The Space Between Us
  • Lies
  • Finding the Way Back (The Forgiving Hearts Trilogy #1)
  • Jessie Belle (The Women of Merryton #1)
  • Taylor Lynne (The Women of Merryton, #2)
  • Black Swan Affair
  • If You Were Mine (Just Friends Duet,  #1)
  • Home Song
  • Code Triage (Mercy Hospital, #3)
I am an indie author who writes contemporary romance and women's fiction. You'll often find southern gentleman in my books and a love for country music. Coffee fiend and star gazer.

Website | Facebook | Instagram| Reader Group

Restoring (2 books)
  • Resisting You (Restoring Series, #1.5)