Start by marking “FAT GIRL (Perfectly Imperfect)” as Want to Read:
FAT GIRL (Perfectly Imperfect)

FAT GIRL (Perfectly Imperfect)

Years after fleeing small-town Springvale, Illinois, Deanna Chase has picked up the pieces of her shattered heart and built a new life for herself as a child advocacy lawyer. Her food addiction is quasi under control, her secrets are buried, and she has even made a tenuous peace with her plus-size body. Until…

Micah Peters—the very sexy and now famous man she fled— walks t
Published June 24th 2014 by Carron Publishing

To ask other readers questions about FAT GIRL, please sign up.
Recent Questions

Penelope ✘ that awkward girl that doesn't go here ✘
FOUR AND A HALF STARS!

So, from time to time, GR will troll me and recommend me books that are similar to the ones that I've shelved as "all-dat-flippityfloppitystupideedoo", "communication-is-a-dirty-word" and, my personal favourite, "knee-him-in-the-balls-please". I have no idea why, but I never get any good book recommendations.

That is, until now.

FAT GIRL is the second chance romance between the recently retired NBA star, Micah Peters, and curvy child advocate, Deeana Chase. Told in dual POV
Stephanie*
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
~Steph K~
First off, this is a HFN, the story isn't finished yet, which I started to figure out it wouldn't be around 80% in. But, I really enjoyed Mick and Dee's story, their past and now them figuring out the future. Can't wait for the next book to see how everything finally plays out.
Mspraise50
Dec 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My review for Fat Girl can be found by clicking this link.

This is my first story by this author. This is Deeana Chase (“Dee”) and Micah Peters’ story.

The first part of their story is all about Dee and Micah having broken lives and coming from backgrounds that were filled with suffering, either emotional or physical pain.

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)

Deanna Chase's never expected to see her childhood sweetheart, and the only man she has ever loved, again. When he broke her heart she ran far away from not only him but her whole family and hasn't seen them since. But when he turns up at her office, angry with her but asking for her help, still as sexy as he was when she ran, it becomes increasingly difficult to say no. As they get closer Deanne is terrified he will break her heart all over again, especially when she tells him a secret she has
Olivia-Savannah  Roach
Dec 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on Olivia's Catastrophe: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/20...

Well, this was a book that really wasn’t what I was expecting, but I still managed to really enjoy. Leigh Carron did a wonderful job of making incredible characters that had a lot of depth to them.

I will give you a word of warning though – this is very much for mature readers of 18+. I knew this was a romance, but I didn’t know the sexual scenes were going to be so descriptive; otherwise I probably
Reese Ryan
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
FAT GIRL is the deeply emotional love story of Mick and Dee who have some serious history that neither of them has managed to get over. Back when they were dating in high school, Dee disappeared from Mick's life and from the lives of the foster family who loved and adored her. Their paths cross again when Mick, a retired professional basketball player, must come to the aid of a little boy who is about to lose the family he loves. There is only one person he can trust to take on the boy's case--D ...more
Mandie Trahan
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love it! I love it.
I hate that #2 isn't out yet!
I want more.
I want to know about the case.
I want their relationship public.
I want her pregnant.
This book was a tear jerked for me in a few spots.
I enjoyed the heck out of it.
Romance Novels in Color

Dee is a curvy woman who has big women insecurities and secrets which she has not shared with anyone. Being with Micah heightens her body issues because he is such an attractive man and she cannot understand why he wants to be with her.
Jeannine Allison
This was amazing!!!! It was well written, had engaging and likable characters, and kept a steady pace without being crazy dramatic. I also really appreciate that mistakes were owned up to as mistakes, and not crazy misunderstandings that would never happen. Because good people and people who are in love make mistakes too... and it always pisses me off when novels try to make them all "misunderstandings." Micha is a great guy, and those times when he was being purposefully cold or when he made th ...more
Renee
Aug 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The main character in this book Dee aka Deeana Chase is amazingly REAL. I loved her as well as her faults. I will say the author does a wonderful job by creating Dee and her issues. Sometimes I didnt think they were issues I thought maybe she was normal and looking at Elle or Vogue wanting a "look" she saw but NO. There is a little eating disorder, therapy, binges and real life within these pages. I really recommend this one.

Now for the others. It is not easy to give a review without a synopsis
 Spanxmcb (Yovanka)
I really enjoyed this! It's really well done.

I've read a lot of annoying "fat girl" stories/romances. This one finds the balance and gets it right! Great character development and intriguing plot twists! It also doesn't hurt that Mick is smokin' hot!

Despite the drama and more serious themes in the story, there are still smexy scenes and they're actually worked appropriately into the plot!

Can't wait for "A Naked Beauty"! Carron looks like an author to watch!
Laurycardona
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Why nobody warned me about the cliffhanger!!! OMG! What am I gonna do? How much do I have to wait? Ughhh... Besides all that, I loved the story, I love Dee, I love Mick, loved it, loved it!
Cassi
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love Dee & Mick

I love Dee & Mick.
I just did not want to put this book down. I had to know what happened next. Now, I need book to go found out what happen with everything.
Darlene
Oct 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: adults, romance readers
Oh boy do I have a goody for you today I rec'd a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest opinion and this is my very honest opinion -- It's called "Fat Girl" by Leigh Carron- now you can't judge a book by it's name as this book is not about a girl being fat. But about a women that is a children's advocate. And she must face her past and the man , and foster family that she left in the past. She had her reasons - she felt betrayed by the man that she was going to marry - . How ...more
Erica
Aug 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Fat Girl is a journey through Dee's life, what made her who she is and her
lifelong battle with food addiction and self image.
Dee is a plus size girl, the upper teens while her two best friends are model
skinny. Dee has a certain comfort level with her body size but that's mainly
because she constantly dresses to hide every inch of skin she can.
Dee's struggle with food comes from early childhood and her relationship with
her mother but continues into her adult life where she finally has
Susiq
Jan 01, 2016 rated it liked it
This book could have a higher rating if there wasn't a cliff hanger. I missed the part were it stated it was a cliff hanger. I know cliff hanger are the in thing. I'm so over them. Rant over.

Fat Girl ( eye roll), is a story of Deanna Chase a child advocate lawyer. She is hired by Mick her childhood boyfriend/ ex NBA player. Deanna and Mick have a sad history of misunderstanding. Both suffered some forms of child abuse. That have lingering effects in their adults lives.

Deanna has a eating disord
Marty-chan
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I really liked this book. I loved the two protagonists. I love him. I want him to be my boyfriend. Where are you Mick? Where are you? I'm waiting for youuuuuu!! If Deanna makes up her mind I volunteer!! Ahahahah He is so sweeeeet, so head over heels for her, crazy in love, so attentive toward her, hot, a bit naughty and the list could last forever. He is description
Obviously Mick is part of my fictional boyfriends'list now *_* Deanna have (view spoiler) and I can totally relate
Charlotte Lynn
Sep 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Fat Girl wasn’t what I expected. It isn’t about a “fat” girl who lives a “fat” girl life. It is about Deanna Chase, who lives the life beating herself up about everything. She is heavier than she thinks is socially acceptable, she lived a life in foster care never finding the family she thought she wanted, and that everyone who she ever loves will end up leaving her. Although this wasn’t a really heavy story to read it was not a light and easy one either. I struggled with all of Deanna’s lack of ...more
P.A. DePaul
Aug 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Leigh Carron has a smooth, easy writing style that allowed me to get sucked into the story. Since other reviewers already summarized the plot, I'll move on to my review:

Pros: Fully developed characters who I could believe in, fast-pacing--nothing in the story dragged, sexy, hot scenes between Mick and Dee, well-defined theme about accepting who you are--Leigh found a balance with getting this point across without jamming it down my throat.
Cons: I found myself getting very frustrated at times wit
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 STARS!

This was a very emotional, heart warming book about a girl trying to reclaim her life so to speak and learning to accept herself the way she is and learn to love herself. This book was sweet, sexy, and put on me one hell of an emotional rollercoaster.

This is the beginning of Dee and Micah's story. Dee is struggling. Low self esteem and being plus size are just a couple of issues in Dee's life. When someone from her past barges in her life and demands her constant presence, will her issue
Boxy Frown
Deeana Chase is a woman with a lot of baggage. As a young child, she dealt with an abusive and depressed mother. As a teen she was taken in to the Torres family as a foster child and despite their love and understanding, she never felt secure about her place in the family. When she was eighteen, she ran away from home leaving behind a concerned foster family and a secret boyfriend. Fifteen years later she is still dealing with yoyo dieting and a healthy mindset, but she has been getting help and ...more
Kym
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fat Girl Review...Tear Jerking Good Read!

At first I thought this was going to be a boring read to wordy, I even skipped ahead little......Big mistake the love story between two tormented souls broke my heart, Dee and Micah deserve an HEA, this love story has brought tears to my eyes and I can't wait for the final book, great read I promise:) One more thing this book is very emotional and filled with love I am hoping Dee will fight for her man and be strong enough to fight her insecurities. I hop
Pamela
Jun 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful! I absolutely loved this novel. Loved all of the characters. Loved the back and forth between the present and the past and the 1st person point of view that knocked back and forth between the main male and female characters. Yes, there is suppose to be another book after this one as a continuation of the story line, but the ending is not a panic inducing cliff hanger. That's all I will say about that.
Wynne Channing
Jul 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
From its absorbing first pages, Leigh Carron’s novel delivers passion, suspense, and truth. We’re introduced to Mick and Dee, former lovers that you immediately recognize and bind yourself to. They are honest and hurt. Flawed but fiery. They are perfectly imperfect. I can’t imagine a more perfect literary treat.
Precious Thomas
Jul 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
I can't express how much I enjoyed this book and highly recommend it. It has a great love story with just enough heat but not overboard and a great story of self acceptance. Here is the link to my review

Rachel
Oct 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Started off well and then at some point I got over it. The whole book revolved around a court case and then nothing happens, which means another book. This all could have been solved in one book. I need to get out of my book slump :(
CDBW
Jul 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-for-review
I received this in return for an honest review.

4.5 Crazy Stars!

I absolutely loved this story. It was so engaging and loved how I got wrapped up in the angst of it all. Dee and Mick's emotional story is one that is a must read. I can't wait to read what comes next.
Stacy Theodore
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
<3 fat girl

amazing fell in love with characters I want more now!!!! Dee was my favorite she felt week but was the strongest
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Crimson Dahlia (Svatura, #3)
  • Bold & Beautiful (Future Alphas, #1)
  • The Covering
  • The Wrong Woman (Unexpected Love, #1)
  • Fat Chance (The Kingsley Series, #1)
  • A Special Kind of Love
  • Gingham Bride (Buttons and Bobbins, #1)
  • Marine Ever After (Always a Marine, #14)
  • Another Woman's Man (Gibbons Gold Digger Novel #3)
  • Reason (Greystone, #3)
  • Dating a Cougar II (Never Too Late, #6)
  • A Year in the Life (Courtlands - The Next Generation, #1)
  • Her Venice Affair (The Albury Affairs, #1)
  • Sharing Space (The Complete Series)
  • Crimson Footprints II: New Beginnings
  • Falling
  • Love And Other Things
  • First Comes Love (New Castle, #1)
An American living in Canada. Chocolate snob. Recovering yo-yo dieter. Devoted mom and wife, blessed with a brilliantly witty daughter and unintentionally humorous husband. My wacky family feed my creativity and fuel my passion. Most nights, you will find me either curled up with a great book or, more often, sitting at my computer, tapping out the countless visions in my head.
To me, there is noth