Start by marking “Love Letters” as Want to Read:
Love Letters

Love Letters

3.52  ·  Rating details ·  349 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
It's always nice to have an admirer - to feel like you're special. But there's a difference between sweet, flattering notes and full-on obsession. Vicky's in deep before she knows it - and when you're in, sometimes it feels like you're never getting out.
Published September 4th 2006 by Scholastic,

To ask other readers questions about Love Letters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Letters

Meg  Moggs (Cynical Herbivore)
Aug 28, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, action
This was a quick read - it was only, what, 200 pages? But still, it was so exciting and a bit creepy.
It took the lead character forever to figure out who the sender of the love letters was, which did get a bit irritating, aswell as her lack of evidence and occasional slip-up :/
But still, it hold a valuable lesson: Be careful, and only trust those you really know, not the ones that put on a fake smile.
I've always liked Anne Cassidy's books, the way she uses realistic problems in THIS world, and
Karen Barber
Not particularly believable. Sadly, the characters were rather weak and the plot needed some fleshing out. A chilling tale of obsession and betrayal? Hardly!
Thankfully this was a very quick read. I am sure there will be some who'll enjoy it, but I'm not even sure how relevant it is in this time.
Ophelia
Jul 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After a fairly long phase of being obsessed with Jacqueline Wilson, I stumbled across this book in the dark, quiet corner of my local bookstore many years ago. Back then, the cover had a red 'T' rating on the back, which was something I had certainly never seen on a book, films of course, but only then numbers obviously, not letters - I was a young teenager and the fact that this was a 'specially written' book for me nearly sent me into hysterical excitement, and eagerly began reading. I was not ...more
Leah
Jul 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Teenage Girls
Recommended to Leah by: The blurb attracted me
Shelves: teen
Another great Cassidy book, that although very short, was a great, thrilling and gripping read.

I could completely understand Vicky thinking that it was the boy who fancied her that was sending the letters, and I too understood that the letters must have been flattering in times when self-esteem was very low. I loved the party scene where she changes he mind on him, and the ending was decent.

I just felt that she should have realised it was her boss after telling him Chris was her boyfriend and Ch
Book -O-Holic
Apr 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
**2/5**

Love was a funny word. We used it all the time for all sorts of people. Maybe it was just a sort of exaggerated way of saying I like you. Take notice of me"

I had a lot of problems with this. I like the premise and how it warns girls to be careful of everyone but somethings didn't just sit right with me. Her parents reaction, and even the cops verdict did not sit right with me.
Jacki
Apr 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: girls
Recommended to Jacki by: Joanna ( my bestii)
It was a really good book about a girl called Vicky. She starts to get love letters and she thinks they're from the boy she fancies but they aren't. It turns out they are from her 33 year old work boss Paul Messenger. She is really worried but another girl tells her that it is OK because he is a real peedo and he's done it to alot of girls. She has to wait until the night of the school dance before she is really free.
Den
Jan 31, 2012 rated it it was ok
A young adult book (read to see who it would appeal to at school) - quite an easy and quick read. Could see how the main character thought it was her friend's brother sending her love letters as she'd become a bit fixated with him. It does tell teens though to be careful about who they hang around with, chat to etc, as it turns out the secret admirer is someone old enough to be her dad who she works with and as she discovers it is not the first time he has approached a young girl.
G
Feb 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a very creepy, intriguing story. I honestly did love it but it was quite haunting. I read this quite a long time before I joined goodreads, so I can't remember little details of the book, but it did have a big impact on me. It was moving and I seriously suggest it for a short, capturing read.
Lisa
Aug 19, 2011 rated it it was ok
There's not much to say about this one. It was a very quick read(less than 200 pages long). The story was too fast to have an effect on me.

It was okay. I've read worse. "Looking for J.J" was a more interesting book by Anne Cassidy.
Emily-Jade
Sep 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very well written and I enjoyed the unexpected twist at the end.
Lynette
Oct 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Its always lovely to find that you have got a love letter... isn't it ? Well it was at the start but then it got weird and creepy. Very creepy. I recomend this book to read.
Alice Doherty
Read this ages ago.
Sara
Dec 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Very good thriller kept you guessing until the very last page, unfortunately main character was a bit annoying :(
Diana
Jul 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
OMG such an awesome book.
Iolanda
Jan 25, 2013 added it
Shelves: contemporary
Absolutely amazing. Complicated. Frustrating. I could connect with the characters well and was surprisingly into the whole stalker thing. This was definitely a memorable read!
Madi
May 24, 2013 is currently reading it
Very crepy book but great
Anna
Aug 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
brilliant, brilliant and fantastic !!!!!
Jade Slee
Jun 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I learned from this book that no matter how good something seems, I should keep it a secret... and keep it because you need evidence for the police to believe you.
Noemi
Oct 08, 2011
Connie
Feb 07, 2014
*TheWrittenWord*Mo
rated it did not like it
Mar 13, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
What's The Name o...: SOLVED: Teen girl stalked by teacher 2000s [s] 5 55 Nov 10, 2017 06:46PM
  • Alone at Ninety Foot
  • Loving April
  • Spot the Difference
  • Boy2Girl
  • Martyn Pig
  • He's After Me
  • Bang, Bang, You're Dead!
  • Starseeker
  • The Bailey Game
  • Halinka
  • Abomination
  • Kuidas elad, Ann? / Mis teha, Ann?
  • Baltos durys
  • It's Not All About You, Calma!
  • Atžalynas