Start by marking “Obsession (Obsession, #1)” as Want to Read:
Obsession (Obsession, #1)

Obsession

(Obsession #1)

Obsession knows no bounds...

Anna Jameson can't wait to escape the hell hole that her cousin has left her in. Desperate to escape her past, the idea of moving to stay with Holly whilst she got her head together sounded like the perfect plan... Until Holly upped and left, leaving Anna to pick up the mess that she left behind.

Jensen Blake knows what he wants and will not be t
Published December 8th 2014 (first published December 7th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Obsession, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Obsession

S.M. Phillips
Aug 14, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Christy McCurry
Jun 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Wow, what a ending.. I am a first time reader of this S.M. Phillips, and I found Obsession to be a very good read.
There is very little background given on the main characters Jensen and Anna, but It leaves a since of mystery to them and I confident it will all come out in the end. Jensen and Anna definitely have great chemistry. However do not expect any steamy hot sex scenes, they start off that way, but are cut off immediately jumping to later that night or next day. This was a little disappo
Tracey
Meet Jenson he's arrogant and appears to have no people skills...... then again that's just around Anna. Anna she's no angel either, she has a sharp mouth on her, put these two together in room and there's going to be fireworks. They really don't like one another but can't deny the attraction. Anna is very reluctant to admit she fancies Jenson as his the type of guy she's trying to keep away from, slowly Jenson changes his way of dealing with Anna and things warm up nicely.

I really didn't like J
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
3.75 Stars.
*arc from author*

I really didnt know what i was getting into when i started this story.
Obsession, is a great afternoon read, I didnt like Jenson to start with, but in the end I Loved him.

A enjoyable read, with great characters and a interesting, different storyline that had me turning the page quickly.

Why only 3.75 Stars??

Im not a Fan of Cliff Hangers, And this Beauty Left me With WTF!!!

Looking Forward To The Next Book!!

Lady Living  In Bookland
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Full review to follow! 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Tricia
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
My review: ARC provided

4-4.5 stars!

Major cliffy

"Hate mixed with attraction doesn't mix well, or at least that's what I'm learning quickly the longer I'm around him."

I love me a bad boy and a take no shit girl! Jensen is mean and always in control he also has some mystery about him, add that with his totally hot exterior and you get the whole package, our love to hate Hero. He doesn't expect to be challenged by Anna (h) and totally drawn to her. He tells himself she's just a hot piece
Heidi Sturgess
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-books-read
She bought me Max and now she's bought me Jensen! Damn girl , you know how to spoil a gal pal!

So Anna goes to her cousin , Holly , to clear her mind and sort herself out . But, Holly ups and leaves with her latest beau leaving Anna to run her bar
" Temptation" with Joey , the local man whore , to help . I shouldn't be so hard on Joey he's a real pisscat but he's got a good heart . Well Anna is not charmed , to say the least but life is about to get a whole lot more interesting when , unknown to
Books Laid Bare
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Well, now now- life just got very interesting!!! Jensen Blake is in the house!!

I just couldn’t help myself as politically incorrect he may be at times, the man just has something about him that sent a tingle right to my toes.

Anna is holed up at her cousin Holly’s house and has been dumped straight in at the deep end looking after Holly’s business a popular bar * Temptation” , when Holly takes off with her new man.

Not the shrinking violet type, Anna is fairly abrasive, to be honest I wasn’t sure
Clara Harding
Obsession by S.M. Phillips was a welcome release from the regular plot lines that seem to have become common yet again among New Adult Romance Novels. Although it does start off a little slow it does pick up after a few chapters and the plot lines within Obsession are different enough to put its hooks in you creating a constant craving for more, a true moreish novel with a twist!

Anna has something she needs to run from, something she needs to ensure that she keeps moving from place to place so s
Julie Reveles (ILST BLOG)
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

**** I Love Story Time was gifted an ARC in exchange for an honest review ****

4 Stars!

" How can you hate someone, but want to know more about them at the same time? My head is well and truly done in."

This was a great story! I really enjoyed all characters, and the story made me laugh and swoon. Jensen is one HOT alpha male. The way he takes over in every situation that has to do with him, was priceless!

Anna leaves her home town to get away from her past. She moves in with her cousin and starts
I Love Story Time
Jan 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, julie-jules

**** I Love Story Time was gifted an ARC in exchange for an honest review ****

4 Stars!

Justine Mcfadyen
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"You're my fucking obsession Anna and there's not a goddam thing that I can do about it . I've tried my best to ignore how I feel about you , but it's fucking killing me ."

Anna Jameson has a past of her own and decided to move away from everyone she loves in a hopes that she'll keep them safe and not hurting them more than she thinks she already has . Packing up her belongings she moves away to move in with her cousin Holly who just ups and leaves, leaving Anna to pick up the mess she left behi
Lora
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 out of 5 stars

I want to say that I loved the story line. Jenson & Anna left me wanting more of them, BUT the novel was full of grammatical and spelling errors which really distracted from the story.

Anna is definitely running scared from something in her past. Jenson is a hot-headed, alpha male who doesn’t really know how to be nice (or so it seems in the beginning).

The two of them collide in a big way when Anna’s cousin (who she lived with, but split town soon after Anna arrived) sold Je
ByoBook Club
Jan 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lindsey
What happens when you’re running from your past to safety but find yourself but thrown into something else that’s not even your mess? Well that’s the question running through Anna mind when she thinks she can depend on her friend but finds her security blanket severely shaken. One day every day is find the next day there is a stranger at the bar saying he’s her new boss.

To say Anna and Jensen do not hit it off is an understatement he drives her crazy and he finds her hot but her attitude unattr
Gemma Weir
Dec 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Check out more of my reviews on my blog http://gemmareadstoomuchforittomenorm...

Obsession is the first book in the obsession series by SM Phillips.

I was lucky enough to be given an ARC of obsession by the author.

Jenson is an asshole!!! I absolutely love him! He's cocky and obnoxious he's so sure of himself that I literally found myself laughing at how unsure Anna made him.

Now Anna is a proper cold fish, but there's so much fear that she's struggling to hide that I'm really not at all sure who sh
Gloria Herrera for As You Wish Reviews
Obsession... when it deals with love can be overwhelming. In the case of this book, it is an all encompassing passion for someone where control, ownership and jealousy play equally on the mind.

The undercurrent of impending doom flows through the pages of this book from the very beginning. After finishing reading it, I am still not quite certain what it is that Anna did to Dominick that set off her current predicament. I also do not know what exactly did Mitchell do to Dominick that has caused h
Kelly Mccurdy
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
~~I received this in exchange for my honest opinion~~

I’m just going to throw this out there…. I NEED MORE!!!! Like now, not tomorrow not two days from now, NOW. But, I will be patient and wait. This book starts off kind of slow, but not enough to bother a reader. It starts to pick up and when it does, you are not going to want to ever quit reading. I love the chemistry that Jensen and Anna have. It is a love-hate relationship, and they just hate to love each other.

Anna is hiding, and the only on
Linda Field
Oct 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Obsession by Steph Phillips

5*****

Well I thought Max Wild was it, but no Steph brings in Jenson, think Max might have a bit of competition.

Anna has moved to live with her cousin to get away, but what is Anna running away from? I liked Anna she is very strong and feisty. Running her cousin Holly's bar, (who has decided to run off with a man for a good time), I suppose Anna needs to be strong especially working along side Joey.

Anna couldn't bring herself to just walk away from the mess her cousin
Helen Barnes
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
**REVIEWED ON BEHALF OF YOUR NEXT HOT READ** http://www.facebook.com/YourNextHotRead
Firstly, the cover of this book totally drew me in. I'm not usually a cover whore but this one is just stunning!
The matter inside is equally as hot. If you're looking for a ballsy female lead you have got that in spades with Anna. This girl is independent, self-sufficient and well fired up to put any BS straight. Although we find she does have a soft spot for the bad boys. You know those sexy, dark & broodin
Missy Harton
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was gifted this book for an honest review. Although this book was poorly proof read, the content was phenomenal! There is very little back story on the main characters but, with the cliffhanger ending, I'm hoping more will be revealed in the next book. The author did a fabulous job at creating the characters and bringing them to life. I look forward to the continuation of Jensen and Anna's story!

Anna ran to her cousin's in search of a new start. Leaving everyone and everything behind in the ho
She Hearts Books
Jan 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anna left home and went to her cousin's to hide out. She helps out at her bar and goes to school while at the same time trying to keep hidden. Then her cousin leaves without a word and sells the bar and her home to Jensen. Jensen and Anna do not hit it off at the beginning at all and mix as well as oil and water. They are constantly at each other's throats. I have to admit that I didn't much like Jensen at the start. He was rude and abrasive and Anna responded in kind. I wanted to kick him every ...more
Jade Simcox (3 Degrees Of Fiction)
Wow oh wow. Steph you have done yourself proud with this book. So yes I loved Max Wild in Down Under Trilogy, but Jenson Blake is something else.
I loved Anna from the start, she is a very strong female character. She has had to make it on her own and fights for herself. Jenson is a fantastic character, even though he can be arrogant and controlling, he is still very loveable.
I didn't know what to expect with the story, and it wasn't your typical girl meets boy, both hate each other then realis
Fee (Ebook Addicts)
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015, arc
yMeet Anna - she is living with her cousin Holly and working at her bar. She is running from something, but we don't fully know (as of yet)

Then meet Jensen. He is arrogant and his people skills are much to be desired, but then they are only worse when around Anna.

He arrives at the bar one day and claims he is the new owner, much to Anna's confusion - and top it all off she cant get in touch with her cousin. It turns out that she has sold her bar and house to Jensen so looks like Anna is going to
Tish
Nov 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous start to the series.

Where to start.

Meet Jensen & Anna.
Two headstrong people who have been dealt a rough hand.
When they're bought together in a rather unlikely way it becomes apparent that this pair are going to love to hate each other.

I love Anna's whole attitude. This girl rocks.
Jensen <3 he's just been added to my list to bbf's he is just so real, cooky & sweet. Odd combo I know but he is lmao. When you read you will totally get it *covers eyes*

I'm hooked I need more an
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
* * ARC given on behalf of obsessed by books for an honest review * *

omg this book is AMAZING, but I don't think I've ever wanted to slap two people so bad before. Jenson is arrogant, seeks control in all things, even his feelings toward Anna. Anna is a spitfire, she's not falling for a bad boy especially one like Jenson. well the heart wants what the heart wants, but these two hate each other as much as they love each they just want admit it. The chemistry is amazing between these two , it's h
Judie
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: alpha, sexy, romance
*An ARC copy was provided in exchange of an honest review*

I thoroughly enjoyed this read! The story of Anna and how she came to be where she is now. I totally get her apprehensive behavior towards new people. Oh... And Jensen! I was hooked to him from the beginning. Total Alpha, sexy as sin, male. Love it!

As for Holly... I would love to slap her upside the head. Enough said there.

Jed... I swear something's up there but I don't know what!

Quite the cliff hanger but I'm counting down for the next
Lisa
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Jensen Blake man what a hottie he is but he's also strong and keeps things to himself when he needs to let out his feelings. Anna has been threw hell and it just seems like things will not be getting better for her and when Jensen walks in and throws up everything she has worked so hard for. When her cousin up and leaves her to run the bar and then she finds out she not only sold the bar but her home as well. Things start to heat up. Jensen has secrets and Anna has a jealous streak she never kne ...more
'mad'manda Moses
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
loved the HOT story line in this, i asked for the chase and i got it.
Anna & Jensen are a great hot love/hate couple.
he extremely rude, arrogant, dominant, loves him self sooo much...BUT jeez is he sexy as fook.
he has a right to be arrogant lol
i recieved this free from the author,im desparate to read book 2, but in the mean time im searching her other reads, as i cant get enough.
if you love the chase with a hot sexy mysterious man then this book is for YOU !!!!
Renee at Book Happiness
Jan 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this for an honest review.. I have to say that this was a very good read...In this book we meet Jenson and Anna. Both are very volitle characters and I think that is what makes them the ideal couple and their chemistry is off the freaking charts. I cant wait for the next one (I feel like there has to be a next one). This book will keep you interested from the beginning to the very end.. Jenson is that man you love to hate but will grow on you.... Such a good read!!!

Ashley Stevenson
Jun 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received ARC copy of this book for a honest review. Anna tried to stay fearful but how close is the danger. Jenson thought he was careful but didn't know he was being in the line sight of the prey who want to make his brother pay. Would she be able to see her love one again. Will he have a chance of seeing her before they kill him. Read this book to found out.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Piece by Piece (West End #3)
  • Tears of Ink
  • Wicked Needs (Wicked Bay, #5)
  • Cornish Crusaders MC (South Coast Brothers #2)
  • Seeking Nirvana (Dark Evoke, #1)
  • Saving Avery
  • I Am Atlas (Playing God, #1)
  • Bound (Bound Hearts Book 1)
  • Freed by Him (Fighting Free, #1)
  • Souls ReAligned (Bound4Ireland, #2)
  • After the End
  • Accepting the Moon (Moonrising, #0.5)
  • Raising the Stakes
  • Falling into You (Falling, #2)
  • Tangled Hearts (Passion in Paradise, #3.5)
  • Just Between Us
  • Tortured (Tortured Soul, #1)
  • Never Say Love
S.M Phillips is a fun loving mum from Manchester. When she’s not busy writing, you’ll most likely find her head buried deep inside her kindle with a cup of coffee in hand. Talk to her when she’s reading and things could get pretty colourful, pretty fast, just ask her Hubby.
She is a lover of chocolate, especially if it has peanut butter inside and loves a good cocktail or two. She often wonders if

Obsession (2 books)
  • Betrayal (Obsession, #2)