Start by marking “Kick the Clutter: Clear Out Excess Stuff Without Losing What You Love” as Want to Read:
Kick the Clutter: Clear Out Excess Stuff Without Losing What You Love

Kick the Clutter: Clear Out Excess Stuff Without Losing What You Love

3.28  ·  Rating details ·  40 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Is your stuff pushing you out of your home?

Find hundreds of proven (and painless) tips for clearing out your clutter room-by-room and top to bottom in Kick the Clutter. For each room, you'll learn how to identify key objects you really love or need, how to separate yourself from stuff you never liked but feel you "have" to keep, and how to let go of those sentimental keeps
Published August 19th 2008 by Rodale Books (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Kick the Clutter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kick the Clutter

Jul 14, 2016 marked it as did-not-finish
Shelves: organizing
Taking this book back to the library, not finding it very useful. Too big, too detailed, a lot of it just common sense. I have a small apartment and not much stuff, just an excess of paper clutter and "memorabilia." This book is more suitable for families, people who live in houses with a basement and a garage, people who have a lot of things to organize. Not a bad book, just not for me.
Stephanie
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
It would be an OK read if you just read the chapter about the room you wanted to declutter. It's very repetitive. Every chapter follows the same format and I could just skip each chapter's intro and conclusion. If the same type of item belongs in multiple rooms her suggestions for how to clear or organize them would be copied word for word.
Tiffany
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reading this book was like having an actual conversation with someone. It was instructional and informative, but in a way like you were sitting down and discussing with someone. If the Konmari method isn't for you, I'd suggest reading this book. Though it's a little on the old side and some of the businesses and websites listed in the book are no longer able to be used.
Ruthmgon
Jun 29, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: decluttering
Skimming through this and reading some is exhausting. And not just a little intimidating. Its very thick. Its very perky! There are tips for putting away your kids stuffed animals in different colored hampers. Tips for storing stuff on top of the fridge, and locking up chemicals that are bad for kids (really!--not a huge news flash there) and keeping your holiday decorations separated by season--chronologically! Thanks but no from me.

This book veers from the clutter title and is really an idea
Kristi Strong
Nov 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
A must-read for anyone with emotional ties to "things". While I could see that this book is not for everyone, especially those who are organized, it is wonderful for those with emotional ties to clutter.
Kick the Clutter not only gives ideas for how to get rid of/organize the clutter, but also why we accumulate it in the first place. It is only once we address the emotional ties to the clutter (gift from a deceased parent? tie to childhood?)that we can truly let it go.
I feel like this is the firs
Julie
Jun 02, 2009 rated it liked it
This book has some good ideas in it for managing clutter, but regurgitates them over and over to turn what could have easily been a ~100 page book into a whopping 450+ pages of repetition. At least is it a pretty quick read, and the chapter titles and index make it a decent resource if you need to refer back to something.
Danni
Oct 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Holy Cow what a lot of information. While reading this book I got the courage to clean my laundry room. It looks so much better. For the last two years it has kind of been construction head quarters. Now it is a laundry room. I am going to clean out my make-up bag next. I am glad I read this book.
Denise
Feb 02, 2010 rated it it was ok
This is a big book, 472 pages. Most of the book is just common sense. There were some helpful hints on getting rid of your stuff. All I can say is the book was okay, but maybe I was expecting too much.
Samantha
Nov 12, 2010 rated it liked it
Full of lots of good tips that I've heard before. I mostly skimmed it for renewed motivation.
Marilynn Shea