Start by marking “Operation Chimera (Far From Home)” as Want to Read:
Operation Chimera (Far From Home)

Operation Chimera

(Far From Home)

Generations of war with the savage Draxx have left humanity desperate for a way to gain the upper hand.
A chance to turn the tide in their favor is all legendary Captain Nicholas Driscoll needs to hear to lead an expedition behind enemy lines to the Chimera Nebula - a region of space so unstable it remains largely uncharted.

Lieutenant Michael Summers sees an opportunity to
Published October 20th 2014 by Curiosity Quills Press

To ask other readers questions about Operation Chimera, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Operation Chimera

Start your review of Operation Chimera (Far From Home)
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
*Book source ~ A review copy was provided in exchange for an honest review.

The Terran Union’s newest, biggest, baddest ship, the Manhattan, is going to the Chimera Nebula on its maiden voyage. The war with the Draxx is not going well and have left the Union with little choice but to do the unexpected. So exploring the Nebula and what the Draxx are doing in there has become top priority. Can they overcome the Nebula’s effects, will they surprise their enemy, have they confused the spies, but most
Jeff Soyer
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Curiosity Quills Press has a hit on their hands as far as I’m concerned, with Operation Chimera, by Tony Healey and Matthew S. Cox. (Amazon link.) This entry into the science-fiction field offers likable characters, a good plot, and non-stop action including one of the best (and longest) space-battle scenes I’ve read in quite some time.

Earth, along with some allies, is fighting an interstellar war against the Draxx Alliance, a reptilian race that believes the entire universe belongs to them. As
Lady
Dec 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Must Destroy The Evil Lizard People Once And For All!!!

This series must be read in order. This is the first book.

Captain Driscoll had had enough of war... Especially as they are losing. So when the time comes to launch an offensive against the Draxx unlike any other he is totally on board. He hand picks his crew and sets out on their secret mission.... Little does he know what he is getting himself into! The crew (almost all) look up to him for being a decorated war hero... All except the
Jolene Nelson
Apr 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was simply fantastic! Not only is the action perfectly written giving the reader complete understanding of what is going on while instilling the feeling like you are part of the effort to conquer the enemy. That being said, the best part about this novel was the seamless way the authors moved from character to character, showing insights into each person's background and personality. I have seen this tried in many books and was always disappointed by either having single-layer ...more
Doug Hoffman
As I said previously, this is scifi, science fiction with little science and only appropriate for young people. The characters are shallow and simply constructed, the plot simple yet drawn out to the point of tedium. I swore to keep reading until the first battle sequence, just to be fair, but that dog fight was as contrived as the dialog among the young pilots. There are some authors who can write about military things having not been in or around the service, Mr. Healey is not one of them. A ...more
Vic Falconer
Mar 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Great Start

The crew of Green Wing are a true mixed bag of characters. The antics of the quirky android Keg add well placed humour into the battle scenes, and the flying prowess of Green Wing helps Captain Driscoll lead the mighty Manhattan to victory over the hated Draxx. Lots of promise here for an excellent series.
Jim
Decent Story -

Got a couple of days read out of this one. The author spins a decent story, and I enjoyed reading the Kindle version. There is a bit of editing that's needed in places, though. But that doesn't stop the enjoyment of the story.

If you are looking for a decent read, give it a shot.
Nicholas Masters
Thoroughly enjoyed this.
Might have something to do with it being the first Sci-fi novel I have read in quite a while :).

At times I had to conciously slow down or re-read a paragraph to ensure I was enjoying the full offering of the detailed fight scenes. I am looking forward to the rest of the series.
Thomas Lott
Mar 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
great book

To short by far. Very exciting loved the characters. Can not wait to read what comes next. Really sucked me in.
Lonnie
Mar 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, sci-fi
The beginning was a little slow but it sure was worth it! The action packed ship fights with unexpected twists suck you into the book. The ending is great and leaves you wanting the next book.
Sarah-Jayne Briggs
Oct 21, 2014 rated it liked it
(I received a free copy of this book, from Curiosity Quills Press, in exchange for a review).

(This review may contain spoilers).

I did find this book to be a little disjointed to read at times. I’m not sure if it was actually the first in a series, but I wasn’t really sure exactly why there was the whole war going on.

I felt there was quite a good variety of characters, but I did get a bit confused between the characters at times. The banter was amusing, but one of the characters seemed
James Hutcheson
Seriously? Ships can go 5000m per second? And that's the slow ones? That's 18,000,000 km per hour! And they dogfight at those speeds? I know it's sci-fi but this just bugs me to a point where that's all I can think about when reading.
Just drop it by a factor of 10 and I'd be happy.....
Oh well.....on we go
Gary LaPlante
Light reading...possibility far fetched. Characters enjoyable, fragmented action, technical jargon is futuristic.

Reading actually slightly below adult Age level. definitely not one of those you would like to read again. Definitely not one to save for rereading
David jones
Nov 23, 2014
Frank
Sep 06, 2017
Tom McDonald
Nov 07, 2015
Raederle Phoenix
rated it did not like it
Feb 01, 2016
Feb 25, 2018
Milton
Mar 15, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• That Risen Snow: Snow White & Zombies (Scary Tales #1)
  • The Altar Girl (Nadia Tesla #0.5)
  • Sea Sick
  • New Orleans Mourning (Skip Langdon, #1)
  • Theodora's Descent
  • The Fire Seekers (The Babel Trilogy, #1)
  • The Branches of Time
  • Charnel House
  • The Grave Artist
  • The Hour Before Dark
  • I Hope You Find Me (Find Me #1)
  • Jayne Doe
  • I Am Livia
  • The Atomic Sea: Volume One (The Atomic Sea, #1)
  • The Forgotten Ones (The Danaan Trilogy, #1)
  • Younger
  • Migrators
Tony Healey is the bestselling author of the Far From Home series. He has written alongside such award-winning authors as Alan Dean Foster and Harlan Ellison.

Tony is currently working on book two of his Harper & Lane series, of which Hope’s Peak is the first installment. He lives with his wife and four daughters in Sussex, England.

Visit his website at www.tonyhealey.com
Like his Facebook Page

Far From Home (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • The Stars My Redemption (Far From Home #0)
  • Legend (Far From Home, #1)
  • Commander (Far From Home, #2)
  • Hero (Far From Home, #3)
  • Directive (Far From Home, #4)
  • Allies (Far From Home, #5)
  • Foes (Far From Home, #6)
  • Balance (Far From Home, #7)
  • Warrior (Far From Home, #8)
  • Defiant (Far From Home, #9)
“of the classics. Most he finished, some he didn’t. He” 0 likes