Start by marking “Blind Servitude” as Want to Read:
Blind Servitude

Blind Servitude

"We both looked deeply into each other's eyes and I knew that he felt the same fears and concerns I was feeling. Planning escape was very different to actually escaping and in that moment when our cell door sprung open, and freedom beckoned to us both, so did doubt and worry."

Blind Servitude is the tale of a young boy's journey to find his courage in a world where fear is
Published July 21st 2014 (first published July 4th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Blind Servitude, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blind Servitude

Bruce Gargoyle
Full review at http://thebookshelfgargoyle.wordpress... (Sept 24)

I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for review.

Ten Second Synopsis:
Eli stumbles upon a possible way to flee his underground life, but is hope enough to guide him out of the darkness?

Blind Servitude is a reasonably short story that has a definite feel of the old-time fable about it. Eli, the young boy at the centre of the story, is the unlikely hero, shifted from the complacency of his everyday life collecting
Catherine
Oct 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone!!
Recommended to Catherine by: thebookshelfgargoyle
Blind Servitude is an incredible book about Eli, a young boy. He and his family are forced to work in the mines. They live in the mines because centuires ago, they were driven below ground. There are tales of fights and beasts that have been passed on through generations. Plus, most people are kept in line by a handful of guards. When the rest of his family believes that his mother is dead, Eli still has hopes that he can find her alive somewhere. Soon after that, his brother and sister are take ...more
Bev Walkling
The author dedicated this book to his Godson in the hope that when he is old enough to understand the message inside it will help guide him toward being a confident and courageous young man. I believe that it will.

Blind Servitude is a 99 page novella which tells the story of Eli, an eleven year old boy, who lives underground with his family and works in very difficult conditions in a mine which produces “Goo” ( My take on this is OIL!). They have lived below ground so long that the memory of wha
Christoph Fischer
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
“Blind Servitude” by David Chattaway is a both, grim and inspiring story about people living in slave like conditions in a mine under the surface of the earth.
Our story introduces a young boy named Eli and his daily routine as a worker in the mine with its network of tunnels. Almost daily a loud siren announces death, adding to the miserable and lifeless living conditions.
Eli and a friend make some fascinating discoveries and suddenly Eli begins to question the set-up and develops a sudden sen
Kelly Smith Reviews
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
We are only as free as we want ourselves to be. So many self-help books have said this. We create our own prisons and our own limitations.
Rarely do those books ever really get the point across to hit home. Blind Servitude, a novella by David Chattaway, does what they can't: it makes you believe.

Humans have been driven from the surface of the Earth for generations, no one knowing exactly why. They are prisoners in the underground mines, where the only things one has to look forward to us either p
Nathan Chattaway
Disclosure: I am the author's brother.

This is only David Chattaway's third published story. He is improving very quickly, and at this rate of writing, will have given Stephen King a run for his money in 20 years' time.

This novella is written for youth and up. I found it to be very immersive, quickly building atmosphere in such a short story. David does a fantastic job painting a world where decisions are literally black and white, and where destiny and self esteem are directly related.

An excitin
Chloe
Jul 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This is the best book I have read in ages. David Chattaway delivers another incredible story.

Blind Servitude revolves around a young boy named Eli and the dark and oppressive underground world that he has grown up in. It is a story of bravery, hope, and the inspiring actions of a young boy. This story is full of amazing characters with some surprising twists along the way.

I absolutely loved this book, I could not put it down. It is an amazing read for all ages.

I hope there are further books
Paula
Jul 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Wonderful 'believe in yourself' YA paranormal novel! I loved the story and the characters. Good read!
Louise
Nov 20, 2014
Jorge Chattaway
Panda
Apr 29, 2019
Mary
Aug 07, 2014
Denise Jones
rated it did not like it
Feb 23, 2015
David Chattaway
Jun 26, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Coreena Hessen
Daryl Moad
Amira Rutherford-Moore
Carol Ann
Jun 30, 2014
Making Connections: 3324. - BLIND SERVITUDE by David Chattaway 1 16 Jul 19, 2014 10:21AM

• Time Chaser (The Time Runners, #1)
  • Escape in Time: Miri's Riveting Tale of Her Family's Survival During World War II
  • What a Kiss Can Do
  • A Conall Christmas (Morna's Legacy, #2.5)
  • Momma Days, Mommy Days: A Story of Love, Change and Hope
  • Now and Then, Complete Series (Now and Then, #1-5; Now and Forever Western Time Travel, #1)
  • Shades of Grace (The McKinnon Legends, #3)
  • Be Still My Breath
  • Clara's Song
  • Hot Sinatra
  • The Shadow Garden (Nightfall Gardens, #2)
  • Saved by the Enemy
  • Livingstone, Vol. 1 (Livingstone, #1)
  • Helga: Growing Up in Hitler's Germany
  • The Ratastrophe Catastrophe (The Illmoor Chronicles, #1)
  • The Ninja Librarian (The Ninja Librarian, #1)
  • Kill the Silence: A Survivor's Life Reclaimed
  • Joy to the Worlds
Adelaide-born David Chattaway has been writing since he was a teenager but only took his passion to the next level when he released his debut novella 'Singing Sand' in October 2013. Its sequel 'Quietus' quickly followed, released in February 2014 and not long after Chattaway re-released the books as one, complete volume - 'The Singing Sand Story'.

'Singing Sand' received warm reviews - even making