Start by marking “Cherish (Covet, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Cherish (Covet, #1.5)

Cherish

(Covet #1.5)

Fans of Covet by New York Times bestselling author Tracey Garvis Graves will be delighted by this novella-length sequel.

When Daniel Rush wakes up in the hospital after suffering a gunshot wound to the head, the last person he expects to see at his bedside is his ex-wife Jessica. Their marriage disintegrated after the death of their infant son Gabriel, and Daniel gave Jessi
Published October 28th 2014 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Cherish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cherish

Jill
Jun 25, 2014 rated it really liked it

For readers who have read Covet and wanted Daniel's story

While carrying out his duties as a policeman, Daniel Rush is shot in the head. His emergency contact is still his ex-wife, Jessica. After the death of their son, their marriage collapsed under the weight of Jess's grief and depression. Now Jess steps up to be the strength this time for Daniel, giving him a second chance at life. And them both a second chance at love.

No one writes realistic contemporary fiction like Tracey Garvis-Graves. Sh
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Wow...well, really all you need to do is read the blurb and that's the story in a hand basket. Daniel gets hurt in the line of duty and Jessie is the one they contact. She realizes she wants to be there for Daniel. Now, she just has to wait and see if he wants her to stay.

I LOVED Daniel in Covet and while I didn't want anything to happen to Claire's marriage, I was really disappointed that nothing happened for Daniel. He was left high and dry and so I was thrilled when TGG wrote this novella.

I
Sophie  **2 Greek Girls Reading**
I believe that this novella was necessary because I felt like Covet was slightly unfair when it comes to Daniel. Don't get me wrong. I didn't want him between the couple of Claire & Chris and in no way I wanted him to break them up. I had really enjoyed his character though. He was the fun, good looking cop, always there for Claire who was really lonely. A supportive friend who treated Claire with respect (view spoiler) ...more
TL
Feb 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
A beautiful novella, I liked 'Covet' but I loved this more, getting to see Daniel's side of the story and what happened after he was shot and recovering.

It was also wonderful to meet Jess, she was a good match for Daniel and a delightful person.

More of their past history gets explored here.. it's heartbreaking and I was constantly giving them hugs in my head.

I thought Miss Graves handled everything perfectly, there was a thread of hope throughout everything.

I admired Jess for sticking with Da
Ezinwanyi
Boy, this author knows how to write a great adult romance. This felt like closure! I feel satisfied like I just ate dessert after my meal!

Daniel Rush was the officer from book 1 who formed a friendship with married woman Claire until he was shot in the head during a traffic stop. We knew Daniel was still grieving and trying to find his way after his divorce from his wife Jessica. This shooting began a journey of healing for Daniel physically and emotionally. It was well paced, not too sweet and
Jaime Arkin
Shelves: series, read-in-2014, 2014
 photo 9223978_zps89d39e07.gif

Really loved getting to see the rest of Daniels story!! Completely lovely!
Tez
Jun 27, 2014 rated it liked it
CONTENT WARNING: Grief after infant death.

Non-ranting part of the review first. Cherish has a HEA, so romance fans can read the novella without fear. And though I haven't yet read Covet, I wasn't lost at all here, and was really enjoying in the story.

WAS, past tense. Certain scenes probably won't bother other readers but rather annoyed me.

Jessie goes out for a night at a restaurant with her sister and best friend. Daniel tries to police what she wears, says men will stare at her chest, and convi
вιвℓισρнιℓια {кιηgѕℓєу & ѕøяєη ƒσяєνєя}
description....
Can a once in a lifetime love find a second chance? ..... loved this so much.

Andrea
Look. I loved Daniel in Covet. He was a good man who fell in love with a woman who, ultimately, would never be his. Nor should she have been. Claire was still in love with her husband, but needed someone desperately. Daniel definitely had unresolved issues with his former wife Jessie. As soon as I finished Covet, i asked Tracey Garvis-Graves to give Daniel and Jessie their story. It goes without saying, I'm beyond thrilled she gave us Cherish.

This is a second chance love story, between two peop
KimberlyRose
Extremely disappointing. I highly recommend the story before this one, entitled Covet: it's exquisitely written--complicated, emotional, realistic, thoughtful.

This one reads like a brochure for grief recovery, for depression, for brain injuries. Ugh. It was tolerable, though, until I got to the whole reunion cliche of "ex-husband wasn't celibate, but ex-wife was," which MAKES ME CRAZY MAD. I was all, ugh, NO. Fcukin' NO. Skim read the rest (it was only about twenty more pages), gagged and then a
Haidoulina
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Daniel got his happy ending after all. I liked it. I loved that we saw Daniel after the end of Covet in this short story. I leave these characters with a smile on my face.
"We take our anger out on the ones we’re closest to because we know they can handle it."
Mandy
Oct 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
A couple of weeks ago, I was looking through my TBR and Covet by TGG caught my attention.  I had been putting off reading for a while and I guess I felt like the time was right to read it.  Long story short, I really enjoyed that book.  It completely pulled me in and ate my brain.  After I finished it, I was talking with a blogger friend who also reads TGG and I was gushing about it and then....poof! I was offered a review copy of Cherish by the author.  Being that I had just finished Covet and ...more
Kayla
Oct 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Michelle (Undeniably Book Nerdy)
(e-book $2.99 via Amazon Kindle)

I read this one in one sitting and I loved it.

I love the reuniting trope. I love Jessie and how she stayed by Daniel's side. I didn't like Daniel in Covet because I rooted for Claire and Chris to fix their relationship and I was uncomfortable with the whole emotional cheating thing.

I liked Daniel in this one. I did thought he dismissed his whole relationship with Claire a little too easily on his part after everything that happened in Covet, but, hey, it's a nove
Hildy
Jun 25, 2014 added it
I really enjoyed reading this book. I never knew how much I wanted this story until I found out that Tracey Garvis-Graves was writing it. Then I couldn't wait to get my hands on it! If you enjoyed Covet then you need to read this. I must insist on proper book order. :)

I can't write a full review since I was one of her beta readers and there may be some bias.
Belkis
Nov 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Yay! Loved Daniel's story and especially that he finally got his HEA. I LOVE happy endings!!
Arlene
Jul 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2014, adult, romance
I’m an absolute avid fan of Tracey Garvis-Graves since falling in love with her novel On the Island. Her subsequent book Covet was just as emotional and captivating, which is also where we meet Daniel Rush who is the protagonist for Cherish.

I’m so glad TGG decided to give Daniel his own time in the spotlight. I truly fell for him in the first book and it saddened me that the first installment never brought closure to his story. In Cherish, we meet up with him again when he’s involved in a tragic
GraceMyBookSnack
More of Daniel to Cherish!

After having read Covet, there was no doubt that I wanted and needed more of Daniel Rush’s story.

As you can tell from my rating that I LOVED Cherish! I loved that this was a second chance story for two people whose lives were ripped apart in the past when they experienced something so tragic. The process of recovery from his gunshot wound to the head is long and painful, but for Daniel having his ex by his side could very well be a blessing in disguise.

I liked Jessie! I
Derna
Jun 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
After finishing Covet I was looking forward to reading Cherish, Claire had her ending, but what about Daniel Rush I had a big soft spot for him I needed to know what was going to happen to him.

Daniel & Jessie story was both heartwarming and heartbreaking, and my heart went out to them. Tracey took me on an emotional rollercoaster while reading this book. Chapters 23 & 24 were so emotional they had me reaching some tissues it was if I was grieving along with Daniel and Jessie.

Cherish is
Aguedalandia
Jun 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Read it in a few hours, not that I'm surprised. This follows Daniel story, who we got to meet in Covet, another Tracey Garvis Graves great book.

The ones that did not fall for Daniel in Covet will do it with this book, if such a female exists. My only complain is that it was too short, this could have been, should have been a full book.
Martha
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story, so well written. About accepting, forgiving, letting go, and 2nd chances. I liked it a bit more than Covet. You should read Covet before reading this one.

Love Tracey Garvis-Graves. One of my all time favorites is On The Island which is also written by her.
Jen
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I finished this on my lunch break and it made my lunch time so much more enjoyable! This was a novella that followed the book Covet. I loved this just as much as the full book and could definitely read about these characters for a few hundred more pages.
Anna
Jun 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm glad we got to continue with Daniel's story; his recovery and reconciling his marriage and life. You can't help, but feel for him!
Flo Grugel
Sep 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
So glad Daniel got his hea...lovely little read
Carissa
Apr 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! I honestly wish it was an entire novel, not just a novella.
Maxwell03
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Tracey Garvis-Graves wrings every last drop of emotion from every page.
Sky Greene
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a fantastic continuation of Covet, but if you haven't read Covet, you'll still like this. Daniel is injured on the job and his emergency contact is still his ex-wife, Jessie. Not only does she immediately go to the hospital, she is the one that takes care of him when he is released. Even though his brother is there as well as his parents, their lives don't allow them to be a full-time care taker. She can. This is a story of love, respect, and being able to move past previous difficultie ...more
Melissa
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017
2.5 stars. I really enjoyed the main novel (Covet), but I read it a really long time ago. However, I did want Daniel to get his HEA so I decided to read this novella. It was short...maybe too short to really build a connection between the two main characters. I may have rated it a little higher if I had read Covet more recently, but not by much. Even though Daniel and Jessie hadn't spoken for years, they are all of the sudden back together without much talking/working it out. If you skip this no ...more
Silvia
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved

I love 2nd chance romances! This short follow up to book 1, Covet, warmed my heart. Where Covet had me hating the main character, Claire, who I thought was selfish and self absorbed, with Cherish both main characters had me hoping for their reconciliation. Perfectly executed I must say. 5 perfect stars.
Greyland Reviews
Nov 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Glad we got story Daniel.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Jock
  • Fallen For Him (Darkest Fears Trilogy, #1)
  • Indecent... Exposure (Indecent, #1)
  • The Trouble with Paper Planes
  • Point of No Return (Point, #3)
  • Faith
  • Smoldered (The Electric Tunnel, #2)
  • Bigger Things
  • Delicious (Delicious #1)
  • The Sheriff Takes a Bride (Las Morenas, # 4)
  • Seasons of Sorrow
  • A Little Bit of Everything Lost
  • How to Bake the Perfect Pecan Pie
  • The Sweet Spot (Boston Harbor Romances, #1)
  • Completely Wrecked
  • Heir Today Gone Tomorrow (It's Reigning Men #2)
  • Capricious (Back to Bad, #1)
  • The Consequences Beginnings (Consequences, #1-2)
Tracey Garvis Graves is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author of contemporary fiction. Her debut novel, On the Island, spent 9 weeks on the New York Times bestseller list, has been translated into thirty-one languages, and is in development with MGM and Temple Hill Productions for a feature film. She is also the author of Uncharted, Covet, Every Time I Think of ...more

Covet (1 books)
  • Covet (Covet, #1)
“I never wanted you to leave, but I didn’t know how to ask you to stay.” 3 likes
“In my experience, people treat the ones they love the worst.” 1 likes