Start by marking “Dante's Fire” as Want to Read:
Dante's Fire

Dante's Fire

3.55  ·  Rating details ·  481 Ratings  ·  130 Reviews
It’s Time To Meet A New Kind Of Hero...

Dante Stark has a dark secret--a legacy left to him by his father which is both a blessing and a curse. A traumatic experience as a small boy gave him special powers of healing, but it comes with a price. Destined to wander the world alone to heal others, he's accepted his fate. Until Selina Rogers forces him to confront his deepest
ebook
Published August 26th 2014 by Cool Gus Publishing

Emma
Jul 16, 2014 rated it liked it
I love Jennifer’s writing style I really, really do and while I really liked Dante’s Fire, I’m not going to lie I had some issues with the storyline *sigh* It may just be me projecting my own insecurities onto the characters but there were aspects especially close to the end that I would really like to see altered. It may make me a selfish bitch with the context of these issues but you know what, I DON’T CARE.

In true superhero style, Dante has a dual identity – Daniel the mailroom clerk by day,
Melissa
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It's time to meet a new kind of hero...

"Her gut screamed there was something so much deeper hidden within his piercing eyes...And then there was that scar. A chill skitted down her spine. She'd never asked what had happened to him, and he'd never offered. Most people averted their gaze pointedly - the jagged, deadly gash marked so deeply into his olive skin you could almost imagine the slice of the blade. Still, she believed it only added to his good looks. With his long dark hair that brushed h
Sunny
Jun 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5 Stars - ARC Review

This book feels like a labor of love. How do I know? There is a genuine care in the writing. The characters are infused with warmth and love that emanates from the them to the reader.

The story itself is a bit unusual with a Bruce Wayne type character possessing a unique superhero skill. It is a gift not only of strength and paranormal ability, but also of empathy. Truly, creating this character must have been an inspiration from the heart.

Within this crime-fighting context
Casey Peeler
Aug 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Which superhero stands out to you? Spiderman? Wonder Woman? Batman? Thor? What if the superhero brought pain to people that harmed women in the worst way possible? In Dante’s Fire, that’s exactly what happens with Dante. He has been given a gift that honestly, I wish was real. Dante has been given the gift of fire. Each time a man or men abuse women he marks them, and they are never able to harm another women. To me I think this superpower kicks ass.

Dante has to decided in life that he will neve
Gloria Herrera for As You Wish Reviews
Are we ready for a new kind of hero?

Left alone after the death of his parents, Dante is left to a life of a loner. " The women he involved himself with were alway brief companions meant to ease his isolation, with no expectations on either side. He had connected physically with many, intellectually with a few, and emotionally with none. Until Selina... "

The attraction of course is mutual. Selina realizes he is not just what he seems. There is something more to this man that intrigues and draws h
Debra
Aug 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Mesmerized! Once I started reading I could not put this book down until the last page. Absolutely awesome, beautifully written and a must read for everyone! Selina and Dante (Daniel) are a powerful couple. Dante lives with a dark secret by night and works as a mail clerk by day in a company he owns by no one knows the truth except his best friend, Chase who runs it for him. Dante feels that he is destined to be alone, Selina works for Dante's company and is friends with him. She is ambitious and ...more
Ashleigh ~RSR
Aug 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: standalone, series
Jennifer Probst released a paranormal? Say what?!? I really enjoyed this book. It's a quick read. I usually consider her books beach reads. This one is a little bit darker than that. Though this is NOT a dark book. Dante really is a new kind of hero. I haven't read about one like him. This is the story of two people who have yet to truly find their place in the world. They both are successful, strong characters. Yet they lack in emotional connections to others. They have fantastic chemistry. The ...more
Shari Kay
Jan 27, 2017 marked it as not-for-me
Cheating (view spoiler) What. The. Hell? I wanna know if the h knows. Errr gah this stuff kills me
Hannah
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Dante’s Fire by Jennifer Probst is probably one of the best superhero stories I have read in a while. Jennifer Probst has the ability to take a genre and make it her own whether it just Contemporary or Paranormal she stands out. Trust her when she says a new kind of hero, Dante is the best kind of hero. I already love Jennifer’s writing style and the bits of humor she instills in her stories the touching moments between the main characters that stand out in your mind and it all makes for a memor ...more
Lindy
Aug 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another great story from Jennifer Probst! This novella was extremely fast-paced, sexy, and intriguing! When I heard that Ms. Probst had written a paranormal story, I was really excited to learn what it was all about. Dante's Fire was creative, unique, and refreshing! We get a new concept to paranormal adult romance; the sexy superhero!!!

By Day, Dante Stark goes by "Daniel." He is the secret owner of the prestigious, successful, and flourishing, Inferno Enterprises. He has a secret identity that
Sultan * Baby Mama Smut-a-teer*
Jul 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Before you start this book the synopses states "a new kind of hero", let me just tell you that is exactly what Dante..er Daniel is. He is a modern day superhero who puts together broken and damaged women who have been the victims of abuse, and and all minds. I won't spoil it for you on what he does to terrible men who hurt others to make them selves feel bigger. Let's just say it burns like hell * snickers*. I loved watching the relationship grow between Selina and Dante and with Daniel ( who is ...more
Lara
Sep 02, 2014 rated it liked it
If you say "Jennifer Probst" I'll drop what I'm doing and come running. That's how much I love her books. Unfortunately, Dante's Fire didn't quite connect for me. I liked the idea behind a modern day hero with special "powers" that connect him with the victims he saves and marks the villains who harm. I even really enjoyed our Hero and heroine, Dante and Selina. But I wanted more...yes I fully am aware this was a novella but aside from the back story of when Dante's power developed, I wanted mor ...more
Sofia Lazaridou
Secrets Revealed, Dante's Fire by Jennifer Probst
Secrets Revealed

Dante's fire is the first book in a new series by Jennifer Probst. I know, I know, I was also surprised when I found out that a book which I thought was stand alone is actually the first book in a series. Two more books are coming up. At least the main characters will be different.

The book didn't offer me anything special and I thought the story had some rushed parts. I found weird that Dan was in love with Selina for two years and
Crystal
Jul 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this novella. It was a take on a modern day superhero of sorts. Dante has a gift that allows him to mark men who attack women and then helps to heal the women from the attack. He sometimes feels that it is more of a curse. He feels that he has to live his life alone because most women don't understand why he just disappears when he is called to help a women who is in trouble.

Selina Rogers is different. He feels the connection with her right away but does not act on it. Instead h
Cynthia
Jul 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
AWESOME read. A story of doubt and trust.

When I first received this ARC I thought Paranormal?? Jennifer Probst hmmmm.... As I trust & love her writing, I read Dante's Fire - SO GLAD I DID - its FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!

Dante's Fire SIZZLES because its so HOT. I could not put it down!

Dante is the ultimate hero, he has strengths and weaknesses. He sacrifices and protects on all levels. After Selina is attacked, her "safe world" crumbles. Dante/Daniel helps Selina pick up the pieces,find her way
Selly - Leggere Romanticamente
Carino... Ma troppo corto!!!!
Romance and Fantasy for Cosmopolitan Girls
Romance and Fantasy for Cosmopolitan Girls
Dopo il successo avuto grazie alle serie “Searching for...” e “Marriage to a Billionaire”, Jennifer Probst ci propone una nuova serie, questa volta sul genere paranormal romanze, intitolata “Dark Blessings Series”.

“Con i capelli neri lunghi quasi fino alle spalle, gli occhi scuri e quella bocca scolpita e sensuale, quell’uomo era l’immagine romantica del ribelle”

Dante Stark ha una doppia vita, creata allo scopo di consentirgli di svolgere la sua missione
Heather
Jul 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Dante’s Fire, I believe, is the first book I have read by Jennifer Probst. It’s a shorter book (85 pages) making it a good way to get a little taste of Jennifer’s work.

Dante has this secret, a legacy that he received from his father. It keeps him, while not living in the shadows, not fully making a name for himself, so he can continue on with his work.

Selina is a workaholic who is making a name for herself. She wants nothing more than to succeed at her job after working so hard to get where she
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
*Book source ~ A review copy was provided in exchange for an honest review.

Selina Rogers has worked her tail off and it’s about to pay off with a nice fat promotion at Inferno Enterprises. However, just before she closes a big deal she suffers an attack that throws her off her game. Saved by a masked stranger who helps her deal with the aftermath of nightmares and panic attacks, her self-confidence takes a hit and she’s suddenly questioning herself. Dante, the masked stranger, is more than just
Amanda Sheila
Dante's a different kind of hero and I sort of like him.

His power is indeed different; to protect women and comfort them, but somehow reminds me of Ghost Rider without the skull and the motorcycle. I guess it's because Dante's element is also fire. I don't know if this book is Jen Probst's early books or not but I really think her writing is a bit weak. I don't see her signature style and yes, I so can mistake this as someone else's writing. It's good, the writing, but somehow not as.. Strong a
Chelsea
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book, and I am so stoked that Jennifer will be writing more in this particular world! I can't wait to read about Chase! Dante/Daniel was amazing, he is the ultimate male, and honestly I want to meet him! Not the way a woman normally meets him *shudder* but still. I loved how Selina was such a strong woman, even with what happens to her, and wow the heat between these two is beyond explosive! Dante's Fire is smoking hot, and reading it will melt your heart while burning yo ...more
Jan Meredith
Jul 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A new genre for one of my favorite authors--and a hero of a whole different kind. Not only does Dante mysteriously arrive in a time of need, rescuing a female from her attackers, but marks the villains in a way that unables them from harming a female again. Then he stays, watching over them, helping them to heal and trust again. This is an emotional story of pain and healing for both the hero and heroine, cloaked identities and love. And oh, the love! Scorching hot.

If you're looking for a quick,
☆.。.:*・°☆Love2Read♡HEAs☆.。.:*・°☆ {Anne}
DNF (DID. NOT. FINISH.)

I have enjoyed quite a few of Jennifer Probst's books. She's a fabulous author. I just think that maybe she should stay away from PNR or maybe this is her first attempt and she should give it another try.

Whatever the problem is, I just could not for the life of me finish this book. I actually liked the first quarter of it but after that, I lost interest.

I was really bummed out cuz I was excited about this story.
Kelcey Gonnerman-rienhardt
Aug 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I got this book as an ARC for an honest review!! I love everything I have read so far by Jennifer but I think this one takes the cake!! Best paranormal book I've ever read!! Dante is freakin hot and Selina I'm totally girl crushing on!! Love that this is going to be a series, Dante and Selina's story can not be over!! He thinks he's evil but what he does is amazing no matter if he can save them all or not!! I'm totally in love!! Ready for Saga and Chase's story!!!
Bette Hansen
Jul 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
What a fun departure from Jennifer Probst's standard fare. This is a wonderfully sweet romance with a twist of light paranormal. Dante is a superhero with a huge heart and has a strong desire to have more in his life. The objection of his desire, Selena Rodgers, has no idea who or what he is but is drawn to him. When circumstances bring Selena and Dante's superhero persona together, both their lives are changed forever.

This is a wonderful story that I recommend to everyone.
Rehab
Aug 02, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5
the story isn't great or original, there were many points that I found not logical or even passable.
the end was pretty forced.
However, I did like the writing style.
the characters were sweet and loving and I enjoyed that.
I think I will give the series another try when the next part is published.
Sogni Marzapane
Dec 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recensione

Quando ho preso in mano questo libro la copertina mi ha colpita molto, perché l'ho trovata molto sexy. Il titolo poi... Diciamo che mi ha incuriosita un bel po'.

Cassy
Jul 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014, arc
A heartfelt and sexy romance! I loved Dante and Selina's story. Both are strong and intelligent but are vulnerable from their past. Their chemistry jumped off the page and I loved how they learned how to open their hearts to love. I am excited that there will be more stories in this series!
Hope :)
Mar 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Un po' più lunghetto, no? Doveva essere più ricco, l'ho trovato troppo sbrigativo..
Gaia Savini
Apr 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
carino, non c'era molto da dire quindi la lunghezza è giusta, ma proprio per la brevita e il poco approffondimento di certi passaggi non posso dargli di piu
  • Road Tripping
  • Gargoyle Addiction (Otherworlds Summons, #1)
  • Breaking All the Rules (The Seen Trilogy, #3.1)
  • To Have and to Harm (Remedy, #2)
  • East of Ecstasy (Hearts of the Anemoi, #4)
  • A Perfect Fit
  • A Beautiful Purpose (The Beautiful #6)
  • The Mistress Experiment (Mistress, #1)
  • Bad Intentions (Bad Intentions, #1)
  • The Bondage Club
  • This Year's Black (Killer Style, #2)
  • Unsinkable Vampire: A Begotten Bloods Novella
  • Back to Life (Back to Life #1)
  • His Dark Ways
  • Come Hell or High Desire
  • Smoldering Nights (Underground Encounters, #1)
  • A Fighting Chance (Running Into Love, #4)
  • At His Mercy
Jennifer Probst wrote her first book at twelve years old. She bound it in a folder, read it to her classmates, and hasn’t stopped writing since. She took a short hiatus to get married, get pregnant, buy a house, get pregnant again, pursue a master’s in English Literature, and rescue two shelter dogs. Now she is writing again.

She is the NYT, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
  • A Messy, Beautiful Life
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Pestilence (The Four Horsemen, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Twisted Up (Taking Chances, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Fangs and Fennel (The Venom Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)