Start by marking “Closer (Taint Duet, #2)” as Want to Read:
Closer (Taint Duet, #2)

Closer (Taint Duet #2)

4.53  ·  Rating details ·  53 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Levi Quinn has it all—money, groupies, a panty-melting smile, and a really big d*ck.
At least, he had it all. Until an angry redhead joined the Taint world tour and turned his life upside-down. Levi fell in love with her. His bandmate did too. It did not end well.

Brielle Kagawa doesn’t keep company with rock stars, but when this gifted cellist finds herself kicked out of th
Published August 21st 2018

Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Never mind, I'll find someone like youuuuuuuuuuu
I wish nothing but the best for youuuuuuuuu

description

I swear as if Adele wrote/sang this song for Levi, the Axe-Man of Taint! The foot long guy who stole our hearts in Revelry, the douchebag smirking Bastard was just too much to handle in Book 1, wait till you see him in book 2. He'll make you laugh and make you weep your eyeballs out!
I started the book laughing as a fiasco takes place on a special day for the Band and then burst into sobs. A cello breaks
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰

ARC Received for an honest review

This book should come with a warning - take out shares in Stolichnaya Vodka and Kleenex before reading, as you are going to need both.

Carmen Jenner has absolutely wrecked me with this story. After the way book one, Revelry ended, I knew Levi's story was going to hurt, but no word of a lie, I spent the entire first 25% of Closer reading through ugly snot crying tears. I swear, I was an absolute mess!

And just when I think things have calmed down and
Diary Of Book Fiend
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 You are Missing From Me Stars!

Closer picks up pretty much where Revelry left us, only from Levi's point of view. It was after Cooper had left for Sydney to get Ali back.

Levi had my heart breaking in the first few chapters, I honestly thought this was going to be a disaster and that Ali would be the biggest hurdle between him and his love interest. I was way wrong.

I hate this.
I hate her.
I hate him.
But mostly I hate myself because if I'd never touched her in the first place, if I hadn't take
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Closer (Taint #2)
By Carmen Jenner
4.5 Stars

Closer is book 2 of the Taint duet. This book can be read as a standalone. I would however, recommend reading Revelry (Taint #1) first to get the full effect.

Levi is broken. After having the best MMF relationship with his band mate and the PA for the band, those two have gone their own way and left Levi broken. Spiraling out of control, drugs, booze, women, you name it. Anything to overcome the loss of the girl that made him feel.

Chucking all feelings
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I love that Carmen Jenner had the balls to write a story that is so unique and emotionally charged. Closer was not what I was expecting it to be. I expected it to be a fun, hot rock star romance and it was a romance, and there was hot sex and humorous moments, yet that's not the focus of Closer. Levi Quinn and his screwed up self, lead the way on this one and I loved it.

Closer is a character driven story. Having the leading man, Levi, be the most aggravating, selfish, narcissistic and out of co
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)

"I'm safe, because you cannot lose your heart if you no longer have one."

Levi, Levi Levi...sigh. Your broken heart broke my heart. 💔 Not only can I not resist a sexy rocker, a broken one is even more irresistible. Closer pulled my emotions to the surface and then stomped on them, forcing me to feel so many things I wasn't prepared to experience. But, isn't that the best kind of story? The one that takes you on a ride and you end up somewhere you weren't expecting to go, and the memory of
She's a Lip Biter
Multiple Reviews Below

5Stars
I eagerly dived into this second book about the rockstar band, Taint and I can honestly say I was enthralled with this incredible story.

Levi is a self absorbed rockstar, that is a bit harsh but he really is! He’s just lost the girl he loves to his lead vocalist, Cooper Ryan, and is on a very self destructive path. Let’s not forget the poor pedestrians in his way too! This is how he meets Brielle Kagawa. She is a cello player who was hired by Cooper to play at his wed
JoAnna G
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**5 Angry French Girl Stars**

This is book two in the Taint Duet and is not for the faint of heart. This one took a lot of guts to write. Carmen Jenner is a one click for me. No matter what and this is part two so it was a must. Damn, it even took a lot to read it. This was dark, gritty and oh so real. It’s not pretty, its life. I loved him in Revelry, but I fell even more in love with him in Closer. It felt everything was against him. It is so hard to put this into words. I am really trying. Fir
Lauren
Closer is book two in the taint series and it is Levi’s story. I have been eager to read Levi’s story since reading book one in this story a while back. I have to admit, I had a soft spot for Levi in book one and I wanted Ali to pick him. I am so glad that she didn’t. Although my heart hurt for Levi going through the heartbreak of loving and losing Ali, he was so much better off without her. In this story, I hated Ali and Cooper, mainly Ali. A lot of the time, I wanted to tell her to do one. Her ...more
Books Laid Bare
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Take everything you think that you want from a 5 star read and throw it away because when Carmen Jenner is driving the bus, she makes darn sure that she’s driven the wheels off it – this is sooooooooooooo much more than a mere mortal could even contemplate.
Looking for a hot Rockstar romance…Yes? Well, this is not the book for you, because you need to set your sights so far above that particular bar to find where this little beauty has landed, this isn’t “hot” it incendiary… and sensationally so.
Caz
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
God i love my rocker books and love them when they are so damaged and Levi’s book was no exception he was one, out of control, damaged, unloved rock star and i had no idea how his story would go.

I am so glad that this series is now a duet and i am glad that Carmen Jenner waited until she was ready to write this story because i would rather wait and get the characters perfect story than a rushed one that was ok.

As we left Coopers book we knew that Levi was going to wrecked but i didn’t expect him
DrivenbyBooks
*3,5-4 stars*
I don't really know where to start. I think I missed a huge part of this story 'cuz I haven't read the first one, Revelry, yet when I thought this was a standalone. Even though you could read it as a standalone, I think you'll get more of this book when you've read the first one first. But nontheless, after a chapter or two, I finally got into it. I really felt for how Levi was feeling but sometimes his whining put me off even though I know what it's like to have your heart being ri
Donna Wright
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Omg! Where do I begin to say just how I feel about this book and just how it made me feel. I cried loads through this book and it wasn't all tears for Levi or maybe it was. I cried for the state he let himself become and also what he became. I didn't know if I want to scream, shake or punch him at times.

I loved Levi in Reverly but this book made him and brought him and his struggle to the forefront. I grew increasingly frustrated with him and his treatment of the world and himself. God we have
2OCC Reviews
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gemma
It has been a while since I read a rock star romance, and this definitely had everything I love about a good rock star romance. An arrogant broken rock star with a strong female heroine that doesn’t care who the rock star is. I really enjoyed the way that the author was able to write this story with a lot of angst but also with moments that made me laugh out loud and make my heart melt at the same time.

Brielle was a strong heroine that I absolutely loved because she was not afraid to put Levi i
Ann  Goubert (Driven by Books)
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
*3,5-4 stars*
Hmm I don't really know where to start. I think I missed a huge part of this story 'cuz I haven't read the first one, Revelry, yet when I thought this was a standalone. Even though you can read it as a standalone, I think you'll get more of this book when you've read the first one first. But nontheless, after a chapter or two, I finally got into it. I really felt for how Levi was feeling but sometimes his whining put me off even though I know what it's like to have your heart being
Dimaris rossy
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Put in simple words... this story is just RAW. It evoked many emotions in me. Sometimes I felt sad, frustrated and mad but all in all it made me see that this story has a messy beauty to it. It is ugly and messy in the way that the characters behave. They disappoint you, make you want to shake them or slap them and then makes you want to hang your head in resignation because that is just how they are and you still love them like that. From the very beginning or if you read the first book you wil ...more
Shasta Hope
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I Voluntarily Reviewed an Avanced Reader Copy of this book!

It's official! I am in love with Levi Quinn! He took us on a rollercoaster of a ride through Carmen's writing. He made you hate him and love him at the same time. I can see why she struggled with this Alpha dog! It was magic and I think this is one of my top favorite books of hers right beside Harley & Rose!

Levi Quinn the hot and sexy guitarist from Taint is a complete mess. He chose to get involved in a love triangle and when he re
Marta Bo
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
CARMEN !!!! I still can’t decide what should I do...??? Hug You for giving us FINALLY Closer or be mad at You that we had to wait soooo long.

How could You do this to me ???? ME - Oridinary woman, with simply reading needs ?😅😅😅

I LIKED Revelry very much, but Closer ???? Sigh.... I fall in love with Taint's guys AGAIN.

Forgive my reactions, nad maybe stupid talk but I'm still feeling aftershocks from this book.

It was wonderfull to come back and recall all good times with Taint from the first book
Konny
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Closer by Carmen Jenner is the second book in her Taint series. Closer can be read as a standalone, I recommend to read the books in order - youll have a much better understanding. The previous book is Revelry.
Closer picks up where Revelry was left off. Cooper and Ali are a couple and madly in love. Ali choose Cooper over Zed. Zed is the one that was left behind. Hes so in love with Ali, it nearly destroyes him.
And to top it off, Ali and Cooper expect him to show up to a special function - -no s
Margay
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Take every stereotype you have for a famous rock star, add in a dash of charm and an unlimited supply of sexiness and you have Levi Quinn. He is just deliciously dirty and so unrepentant, you kind of have to just love him. And that's what Brielle Kagawa is faced with when she takes a temporary job with him. Sparks fly when they first meet, but they combust when she comes to work for him. Everything about their relationship is explosive so of course they don't fall for each other quietly. In the ...more
Sarah Dale
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the 2nd book in the Taint series and whilst it is billed as being a standalone I would recommend reading Revelry first so you know the backstory as it think this one will make more sense then.

When Carmen Jenner brings out a new book I get super excited and she didn't disappoint me with this one. Once I started this book I was hooked from page one. I really felt the pain that Levi was going through when he has lost the woman he loved to his best friend. Carmen's writing always brings the
Robyn Corcoran
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If I could give this more stars I would!

Without any doubt at all this book has to be one of the best I have read so far this year!

Although it was supposed to be a four book series I can truly see why it ended up as a duet and applaud the author for her decision. Levi is one of the most frustrating characters you could read about but he is also loveable under all his vulnerability.

Be prepared for some shocks..and I mean ‘Get out of town’ shocks! Twists that sneak up and grab you by the throat...
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
Emotional freaking roller coaster! Wow! I wasn’t sure what to expect from book 2 because I wasn’t sure how or who could help Levi be whole again! And yet all it took was the love a strong beautiful French woman! A woman who wouldn’t let Levi get away with shit, put him in his place and love him with her whole heart!

A very beautiful but emotional ride that it worth every second! The journey with this band has been one that has been rough at times but so flipping worth it! Taint is a band that wi
Clare
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book for an honest review. This is the second half of a duet. I really liked this book. I felt both love and hate for Levi, as he behaved both selfishly and stupidly in the beginning. However, once Margaux and Dog, and finally Brielle, entered his life, the love overtook the hate. And Brielle, I absolutely loved her. She was the perfect yin to Levi’s yang. At times both funny and sad, this book was the perfect end to this duet.
Tammy
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I'm not even sure what else to say about this book right now. No review will do this read justice. So much happens I don't even know where to start. I loved we finally got to hear Levi's story, it's full of sadness, anger and love. The boy who was always second best , or so he thought , now finds someone who will put him first. This book made me laugh at some parts and cry at others but it's a must read forsure.
Heather andrews
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brie and Levi tend to go head to head a lot of the times:
“Again, you’re not wearing pants, you’ll forgive me if I can’t take anything you say seriously right now.”
“You seem awfully interested in my lack of pants, Angry French Girl, this isn’t going to be a thing for you, is it?”
Levi takes us on a rollercoaster ride, the man has so many ups and downs, and Brie handles the man like a champ. I liked this book.
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
What a wonderful book, it will break you and put you back together again. We've all had heartbreak and we've all had to overcome it. This was a wonderful story of finding yourself and overcoming hardships and making things better. I loved every word of it and can't wait for the next one.
Reading with 2 book lovers
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story gave me all he feels and made me swoon regularly.
Levi is such a good character.
This is book 2 in this duet, it can be read as a standalone but I highly recommend reading the first book before this one.
Carmen Jenner
Jun 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Veronica Mostel
Aug 19, 2015
  • The Prospect
  • Fatal (Fierce, #4)
  • Jack (Devils Bend, #3)
  • Captivate Me (Ravage MC, #5)
  • Untitled (Everything, #2)
  • Untitled (Sinners on Tour Encores, #5)
  • Lainey's List (Jackson Boys, #2)
  • Give Me Hell (Give Me, #4)
  • Verdict (Alfha Law Firm, #3)
  • Stepbrother 2
  • Covered (Trent Brothers, #3)
  • Love on the Edge of Time
  • Shoot The Moon (Scorpio Stinger MC, #6)
  • Devil's Vengeance (Sydney Storm MC, #3)
  • Dignity (The Breaking Point, #2)
  • Charming Bastard (Silver Valley, #1.5)
  • A Veil of Vines
Carmen Jenner is a thirty-something, USA Today and international bestselling author.

A tattoo enthusiast, hardcore makeup addict, cake fanatic, and zombie fangirl, Carmen lives in sunny Australia, where she spends her time indoors wrangling her two wildling children, a dog named Pikelet, and her very own man-child.

A romantic at heart, Carmen strives to give her characters the HEA they deserve, but

Taint Duet (2 books)
  • Revelry (Taint Duet, #1)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
  • A Messy, Beautiful Life
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Pestilence (The Four Horsemen, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Twisted Up (Taking Chances, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Fangs and Fennel (The Venom Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Hot Ice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • At the Stroke of Midnight (The Naughty Princess Club, #1)
  • Wreckage
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)