Start by marking “The Ship to Look for God: Book 1 of the Ship Trilogy” as Want to Read:
The Ship to Look for God: Book 1 of the Ship Trilogy

Read Book* *Different edition

The Ship to Look for God: Book 1 of the Ship Trilogy

(The Ship Trilogy #1)

Book 1 of the Ship Trilogy:

As battle engulfs Star City, Otto Boteman hustles aboard the ship moments before it launches. Now a useless stowaway (or dead weight, depending on the view), Otto must constantly prove his worth or get shown the airlock door. But a stunning encounter at the Pearly Gates changes the entire purpose of the ship, and Otto, along with the rest of the
Published June 18th 2014 by DOA Enterprises, Inc (first published June 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Ship to Look for God, please sign up.
D. Krauss Yes, because it is more metaphysical than polemical.

Nick

____________________________________________
The joy in God is not like any pleasure found in physical or intellectual satisfaction.Nor is it such as a friend experiences in the presence of a friend.But,If we are to use any such analogy, it is more like the eye rejoicing in light. -St.Augustine, The City Of God

____________________________________________

☆☆☆☆4 WHOLY STARS!☆☆☆☆

description

Before reading this I had some doubts.From the title looks religious,and I am not into religious books.I thought this

Archit Ojha

Such imagination!

Plot:

Think of a heaven without a God in it!

Don't you find it amusing? Otto, the protagonist is out and about to find where God lives. He's not certain if he's in the kind of heaven usually one ponders of. In his quest, there are people to help him out but more importantly and essentially, peril is waiting patiently for him.

Earnestly, this year had been a great experience for me as I keep encountering books with such fantasies!

The concept of Heaven and how people get there, was
Mark Allen
Oct 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Browsing through the giveaways on Goodreads one encounters many Christian books. Some are testimonies, others fiction and generally they fall into the 'not for me' pile. This one is different. The blurb for this one intrigued me and I was lucky enough to get a copy. On arrival I remained intrigued - is this a Christian book or a book about Christians?
Having read, and thoroughly enjoyed, the book I suspect the former. Even so, it is a refreshing, often humurous and very thoughful story that becom
Dixie Conley
Sep 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Won a Goodreads giveaway for this book; in return, my honest review:

I'm greatly reminded of Farmer, Philip Jose's To Your Scattered Bodies Go, although this book lacks his grisly sense of realism. It's also a quest with many unknown factors and the very unknown is what draws you into the book, the wanting to know more and find out the secret.

Spoiler alert: You don't find out in this book. It should really be labelled as book 1 in the series; that it's not is the worst letdown about this book.

Wha
John S Roth
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Book!

It's weird, quirky, humorous and above all a bit thought-provoking. Great characters, a storyline that jigs and have and gives some measure of wonder as to what the afterlife is really like.
M
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction-series
At first the book seemed a bit corny, but as I got further along it sucked me in with both the suspense and (believe it or not) the theological implications. By the time I reached the end I was hooked, and ended up buying the next two books in the trilogy.
Jessica
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How do I put this? It's hard to find words for my thoughts on this book, because there was so, so much to think about. That's as good a place to start as any, I guess. There is a lot of food for thought in the first several chapters of this book, and I read through them slowly. I was surprised at the range of emotions caused by what I read, the number of contentions I had with the view of 'Heaven' I was presented with, and my personal realizations about my own need to find God.

But it doesn't lin
K.A. Tomasovich
Sep 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book in a First Reads Giveaway on Goodreads and I am delighted that I got to be one of the first to read it. When I cracked it open yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised by the first words I read, which happened to be a quote from Augustine of Hippo that sets the tone for the entire story. I ended up reading this book in one sitting, a rare treat that I don't have often anymore. I was taken on quite a ride. This book is essentially an adventure story filled with interesting, famous an ...more
Deborah
Jul 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Disclaimer: We received a free copy of this book directly from the author.

I won't call this an easy read because, for me - an avid reader - it was not. It's not a "religious book," but it's full of history and historic references, intrigue, and adventure. In short, it was not at all what I expected. At times I wished the pace would pick up a bit, but then there were other pieces that just sucked me in. Read it. Take your time with it. Put it down and come back to it if you need. But finish it.

I
James Fant
Jan 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Ship is a humorous look at one man's heaven and perhaps a reminder to bible scholars to carefully comb the scriptures for the take home meaning. One theme that kept surfacing was how certain people got to heaven: Darwin, for example. Another theme was what love really looked like and how it differs from the lustful, worldly view of it. The book was quite didactic at times and I think it took away from the fun of the prose. The author could have been slicker at the teaching moments. But overa ...more
Aryn
Jan 26, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Faizan
Nov 13, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
finished at last .. . .

i won the book in goodreads giveaway

it is boring to the core or am i not mature enough to understand this significant piece of literature...
whatever the reason ,,, i just not like it... takes me a lot of time to finished it wasted my time...
.so confusing that lot of the time it just asking questing and not giving any answer..
Vikram
Oct 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I got this book through goodreads giveaway. Though the book primarily focuses on Christianity, it is a good read for everyone. A heaven without God, and the efforts to find the almighty, beautifully written.
Rosalind Hanson-Alp
Aug 25, 2018
Dennis C Badgett
Dec 12, 2018
  • Sunspots
  • Sandstorm (Sandstorm #1)
  • Rustkiller (The Coilhunter Chronicles, #2)
  • Soulkeeper (The Keepers, #1)
  • Next Exit, Three Miles (Exit, #1)
  • Machine City (Detective Barnes, #2)
  • Them Bones
  • Path of the Dead (Arthur Nakai Mysteries #1)
  • Sorrowful Road (Allan Stanton, #3)
  • A Motherland's Daughter, A Fatherland's Son
  • The Great Rift (The Cycle of Arawn #2)
  • Where the Hurt Is
  • The Three Deaths of Magdalene Lynton (Ngaire Blakes, #1)
  • Blackwaters (Kate Reid #4)
  • Roman Mask
  • The Wonder Engine (Clocktaur War #2)
  • Z 2134
  • Delayed Justice (Marc Kadella Legal Mystery #6)
D. Krauss currently resides in the Shenandoah Valley. He's been a cottonpicker, a sod buster, a surgical orderly, the guy who paints the little white line down the middle of the road, a weatherman, a gun-totin’ door-kickin’ lawman, a layabout, and a bus driver, in that order.

The Ship Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Ship Looking for God