Start by marking “Come to Me Recklessly (Closer to You, #3)” as Want to Read:
Come to Me Recklessly (Closer to You, #3)

Come to Me Recklessly (Closer to You #3)

4.23  ·  Rating Details ·  2,307 Ratings  ·  296 Reviews

Until she turned him on…

Christopher Moore gave up on the idea of love years ago. Now, his life is an endless string of parties and an even longer string of girls. Enjoying the physical perks with none of the emotional mess, he's convinced everyone that he's satisfied—everyone but himself.

Samantha Schultz has moved on with her life. Finishing her s
Published April 7th 2015 by NAL

Christy
4 stars!

photo e7e64d64-a5e6-432f-9a81-0dc73b1c8cb7_zps2rh6xtty.jpg

AL Jackson does second chance romances frequently, and she does them so well. All of her books stress me out, they make me feel, they make me infuriated at times, but she also has this way of making me fall in love with the characters. To sympathize with what they’re going through even when they aren’t acting right. I love a romance that’s real, that’s not always easy. Samantha and Christopher’s story was just that. Real. And not easy.

Samantha met the love of her life in high school. S
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 AMAZING STARS

I loved this book so much! Once more AL Jackson managed to captivate me with her beautiful, heartbreaking,sweet and compelling story!!What I love more about this author is that always manages to make me have so many feelings when I read her books.In this one there were moments I was sad and wanted to cry and others that I was so happy!This book isn't a simple romance it's a story about true love...This story is about loss,love and family.

Are you ready for Samantha and Christoph
Jacqueline's Reads
Feb 13, 2015 Jacqueline's Reads rated it it was amazing
5 AWWWW Stars

Come to Me Recklessly is a standalone and is part of the Closer to You series.

It’s Chris and Samantha’s story! YAY!!! I love A.L. Jackson so much!!!

They say time mends all things. I say they are liars.

You have to be in a certain frame of mind when you read a Jackson book. You have to be willing to go on a journey and it will have heartache, tears and sadness, but it will also be beautiful.

Chris is Aly’s brother and Jared’s best friend. Once upon a time, Chris and Samantha were
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)
Feb 21, 2017 Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee) rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Come to Me Reckless was definitely a step up from Come to Me Quietly! I ended up skipping the second book in the series because I was getting annoyed with Jared's self-pity and after looking at the reviews, I'm glad I decided to skip it.

From the very beginning, I was intrigued by Christopher's character and I was really looking forward to his story once Samantha was mentioned in Come to Me Quietly. As much as I loved Sam and Christopher's story, I did have a few complaints.

First, I'm getting sic
(Source: I received a paper copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Little Brown Book Group.)

"Promise me you'll never lie to me,"

This was a sexy adult contemporary romance, but boy did these guys make some mistakes!

Samantha obviously felt like Christopher had wronged her in this book, but it seemed clear that both Samantha and Christopher still cared about each other, even when they claimed not to. They really needed to work on their communication though.

The storyline i
Beverly
Apr 02, 2015 Beverly rated it really liked it
Shelves: alternating-pov
LIVE on AMAZON

Come to Me Recklessly is the third book in the Closer to You Series. In this installment we get Christopher and Samantha’s story.

'Would I risk it all on a boy who was the ultimate risk?'

I love a second chance romance and I think AL Jackson is one of the best authors at these types of stories. I love how when I start I always know what to expect in regards to me getting plenty of anxiety, but I never know what to expect in regards to how things will play out for our couple.

Chri
Anna
Jun 29, 2014 Anna rated it it was amazing
Completely, crazy in love with this book !! I loved it !! 5 stars !!!
AJ
Oct 26, 2014 AJ rated it it was amazing
A litany of prayers?
If I shouted them, would you hear? If I whispered them, would you believe? If I fell at your feet, would you forgive? If I asked, would you start again?”

4.5 swoontastic second-chance stars

I absolutely loved this book! So beautiful, so full of feels, and so absolutely, heart-clenchingly, passionately romantic.

The third book in the Closer to You series, this book tells the story of Christopher, big br
Vilma's Book Blog
Nov 16, 2014 Vilma's Book Blog rated it it was amazing
A gripping, emotional, beautifully written second chance romance.

A litany of prayers?

A.L. Jackson concludes the emotional Closer to You series with Christopher’s story… a story which is rife with regret, misunderstandings, pain and an almost unbearable, aching, soul-
Olga therebelreader
Come to Me Recklessly has a strange combination of things I love in a book and things that drive me completely crazy. I had a hard time on how to rate this book. I loved the storyline, really liked the main characters and liked the concept it just didn’t do it for me all the way.

The two main characters are Christopher Moore and Samantha Schultz and they are both suffering from a past that haunts them.

photo tumblr_ngw3iuUDuy1rizz8go1_500_zpsprlsmrju.jpg

Samantha is living with her childhood boyfriend Ben but she isn’t too invested in the relations
Aestas Book Blog
Jul 18, 2014 Aestas Book Blog marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-yet-released
New Closer To You series book. This is a second chance romance about Christopher & Samantha.

There is one boy she never forgot—her first love—and she keeps the memory of him locked up tight. She will never allow any man to break her the way Christopher did...

Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Apr 07, 2015 Donna ~ The Romance Cover rated it really liked it
Come to me Recklessly (Closer to You #3) by AL Jackson
4.5 stars!!

“Letting go of those fears was so difficult, but when I finally did, the greatest joy was unearthed”

Although this book is part of the Closer to You series this can be read as a standalone as it is not about the same characters as the previous two books. However, I would highly recommend you do as not only are they a fantastic read, but Christopher does appear in them and you will have a better understanding of the man and the o
Mrs. JesseWard
Apr 09, 2015 Mrs. JesseWard rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 "Just Me&You forever" Stars

They say time mends all things. I say they are liars.

This is the third book in the "Closer to You" series, this one is Christopher's book, big brother of Aly, and best friend of Jared and can be read as standalone

“What does it take to delete the past?
A thousand apologies?
A litany of prayers?

If I shouted them, would you hear?
If I whispered them, would you believe?
If I fell at your feet, would you forgive?
If I asked, would you start again?”
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Aug 07, 2014 Christine (Shh Moms Reading) rated it it was amazing
A.L Jackson has a way of captivating you with her words from page 1 - simply breathtaking, poetic and lyrical. I have been waiting for Christopher's story since we met him in Come to Me Quietly and Ms. Jackson has yet again shown us that she is a force to be reckoned with. I do want to mention that Come to Me Recklessly can be read as a standalone however I adore this series and these characters so I encourage you to start from book 1 :)

Samantha Schultz is living a lie - she believes th
Erin
Jan 28, 2015 Erin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is only the second book of AL Jackson’s, that I have read. She is the queen of 2nd chance romance stories. The angst that comes along with these types of books, is what I live for!

Come to Me Recklessly, is Christopher and Samantha’s story. I have not read the first the first 2 books in this series, and never once felt lost, or like I was missing anything. So feel free to read it as a stand alone.

My heart ached for Samantha, and the life she was living. She was doing what she thought was saf
Grace
Jul 21, 2014 Grace rated it liked it
This is a story of second chances, with two people who are made for each other in every way, yet have a number of forces that continue to try and pull them apart.

Having read the first two books in this series, which focused on Aly, Christopher's sister, and Jared, his best-friend, I always wondered about him and what made him the type of player he became. With this story, I now have the answers.

Back when they were teenagers . ..
Christopher broke Samantha's heart.
Samantha broke Christopher's hear
Nancy's Romance Reads
Jul 18, 2014 Nancy's Romance Reads marked it as to-read
Shelves: arcs
COVER REVEAL!! We're getting Christopher's story on 7 April 2015!! :D

description

Blurb:

Until she turned him on…

Christopher Moore gave up on the idea of love years ago. Now, his life is an endless string of parties and an even longer string of girls. Enjoying the physical perks with none of the emotional mess, hes convinced everyone that hes satisfied—everyone but himself.

EgyptDiva
Aug 11, 2014 EgyptDiva rated it really liked it
3.5-4 stars.

“What does it take to delete the past?
A thousand apologies?
A litany of prayers?”
- Chris

This is a second chance romance story between Christopher (Aleena's brother from Book 1,2) and Samantha, his first and only love.
So If you read the first 2 books in the series , you'll know that Christopher is a complete man-whore , but a good guy and a great brother nonetheless.

This book alternates between the past and the present . The past being the start of Sam and Chris's
Bing
Apr 18, 2015 Bing rated it really liked it

Christopher was Ally's brother and Jared's best friend, and this was his story.

This was a story about Christopher and Samantha, a story of a love that might have started when they were so young but made a profound impact on their lives. A love so great that it had the potential to break them in immeasurable proportion. And it did.

The story started with the hero and heroine obviously living their lives on autopilot. Christopher drowning his pain with reckless lifestyle in one hand and his family
Laurynne Gouws - BookReviewBay.com
Oh My Gosh! I freaking adored this book! A 2015 Favorite.

Until she turned him on…

Samantha Schultz has moved on with her life. Finishing her student teaching and living with her boyfriend, shes deluded herself i
Madeline A.
Jul 02, 2016 Madeline A. rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing!!! I literally couldn't put it down. Its a must read !!!! Samantha and Christopher's story have such an intense relationship. Their love for each other never dies. Author A.L Jackson really brings life to the characters and elicits raw emotions. Not only did I love the main characters, I also loved the secondary characters as well. Ally , Jared and Ella were the cutest family. The story is unlike anything I have ever read. The story gives us the background on how Samantha an ...more
Abbie
Dec 06, 2015 Abbie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The change in main characters was a nice change at first, but after a bit they both annoyed me.

This was an okay read, but it felt rather long. All three books have had the same problem, and unfortunately, it causes them to drag for me.

Overall, A long, but okay read.
Cocktails and Books
Review to come.
Amy
Jan 06, 2015 Amy rated it really liked it
Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars!

Finally, we get Christopher’s story. We first met Christopher in Come to Me Softly and I’ve been dying to know more about him ever since. Come to Me Recklessly is Samantha and Christopher’s story. Christopher gave up on love many years ago. After some events took away everything that he cared about, Christopher went to a very dark place. He spent his years drinking, partying and going through girls like crazy. Never letting anyone get close to him and never opening up hi
Megan
Mar 11, 2015 Megan rated it it was amazing
Another brilliant book from this beautiful wordsmith! Amy has a way of drawing ALL the emotions from me when I read her work. Her words flow powerfully and drag you into the world of her characters. This book broke my heart repeatedly, yet still managed to be uplifting, heart-warming and downright sexy.

Samantha had her heart shattered into a million pieces by Christopher which allowed her to become this meek and mild person, only half-living and too broken to fight for herself. She settled for l
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Although COME TO ME RECKLESSLY is the third book in the Closer To You series, it’s one of those books that I think can work as a standalone well. Since the hero’s sister and family are a big part of this book, it will help to have read their story as well but not totally necessary to enjoy this book.

It’s just that Aly wants her brother, Christopher Moore and his ex-girlfriend Samantha Schultz to get back together. While Samantha has set up a decent life for herself, she still finds something m
Judy
Jul 18, 2014 Judy rated it really liked it
Shelves: teary-eyed, tattoos

This is the third installment of the Closer to You series. If you haven't read the first two, you'll be ok. This book can be read as a standalone. But why would you do that? Jared and Aly, from the first two books have an amazing story, so I encourage you to read those first. Besides, you'll be seeing a lot of those two in this one.

Christopher and Samantha meet in high school. She's the shy, quiet, pastor's daughter. He is the outgoing, flirtatious, punk. They come from different worlds, yet cli
Wendy
I liked this book, but I think it would have been better if I had read the previous books. Christopher was an asshole half of the book and I was so irritated with the fact that he felt he was the one who was wronged. I didn't really feel a connection with Samantha either. She was kind of pathetic to me. she was pining for a boy she was with when she was sixteen. I mean 7 years later she was still crying over him while living with someone else. It was all a bit to much for me. I can't relate to t ...more
Debra Presley
Apr 01, 2015 Debra Presley rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS

#BuyNow ➜ http://amzn.to/1DQ4orY

I love A.L. Jackson and all her books. Come To Me Recklessly is no different. This is the third book in The Closer to You series but it reads as a stand alone. In this book we get Christopher's story.

Christopher was the party guy who shuns responsibility but with his baby sister got married and the addition of his little niece he begins to crave a family of his own, the only problem though, he let the girl of his dreams slip through his fingers in high sc
Jackie Lane
Jun 27, 2014 Jackie Lane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another awesome A.L. Jackson book.

I absolutely adore each book she has written. I think because the characters are flawed. Love is never easy and Amy runs us through the gamut. We have ups and downs love and hate, sympathy, empathy and a truly wonderful story. This book is no exception.

Christopher Moore and Samantha Shultz were an item when they were 16.

Years later Christopher and Samantha meet again. Christopher is into partying and one night stands having given up on love years earlier.

Samant
  • Irreversible Damage (Irreparable, #2)
  • Call on Me (Loving on the Edge, #8)
  • Lies Beneath the Surface (Buried Secrets, #2)
  • Becoming Rain (Burying Water, #2)
  • A Shattered Moment (Fractured Lives, #1)
  • Chasing Abby (Shattered Hearts, #6)
  • You Loved Me At My Ugliest (You Loved Me, #3)
  • Desperate Chances (Bad Rep, #4)
  • My Obsession (Club Desire, #1)
  • Chasing Butterflies
  • Feel the Rush (Hard Feelings, #2)
  • Awakening You (Unraveling You, #3)
  • Wrapped in You (Waiting for You, #2)
  • Unforgiven (Unbreakable, #3)
  • Pulled Within (Bar Harbor, #2)
  • Belong (Seven Year Itch, #3)
  • Broken Course (Wrecked and Ruined, #3)
  • Quiet Angel
A.L. Jackson is the New York Times & USA Today Bestselling author of contemporary romance. She writes emotional, sexy, heart-filled stories about boys who usually like to be a little bit bad.

Her bestselling series include THE REGRET SERIES, CLOSER TO YOU, as well as the newest BLEEDING STARS novels. Watch for the last installments, STAND, coming in 2017.

If she’s not writing, you can find her
More about A.L. Jackson...

Closer to You (3 books)
  • Come to Me Quietly (Closer to You, #1)
  • Come to Me Softly (Closer to You, #2)

7 likes
“I didn’t want to pretend anymore. Didn’t want to keep pretending she was dead when she’d been the only person who’d ever made me feel alive. Didn’t want to keep pretending she meant nothing when she meant everything.” 5 likes