Start by marking “Old Town Nights (Blood & Company, #1)” as Want to Read:
Old Town Nights (Blood & Company, #1)

Old Town Nights

(Blood & Company #1)

Alternate cover edition for B00DZ106QO

Old Town, Chicago: Hub of culture, history, and home to a family of modern-day vampires that have resided there for over a century…

Abby Lawrence is a successful North Side realtor. When she shows a house to Ambrose Slater, of the renowned Slater’s Bakeries, she has no idea she’s about to become “addicted to love.” Unable to
Kindle Edition
Published (first published July 15th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Old Town Nights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Old Town Nights

Nikki Barrett
Aug 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a story about a vampire family.

They aren't your typical vampire. They're not alpha males. They aren't vicious bloodsuckers. They aren't saving the world from demons.

No, they aren't any of these things. Linda Lee Williams takes a different spin. Her story of Old Town Nights has it's paranormal element, but other than being vampires, the issues are normal. Okay, not fully normal of course, because what's normal about vampires? Nothing, that's what.

Abby meets Ambrose and she's
Heather Crouse
Jul 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have one word for this book...unforgettable. Old Town Nights is unlike any vampire romance I've encountered. Abby and Ambrose are such remarkable characters that you cannot help but adore them. The family dynamics in this story add a refreshing touch of normalcy. This book will make you question the way a paranormal romance should read. Linda Lee Williams' approach to the genre is touching and incredibly compelling.

Abby is a realtor with a pretty unsatisfying life until she meets Ambrose, who
Kelly Cozzone
Jun 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Old Town Nights wasn't what I expected in a vampire book. It was a different approach that made "vampires" seem more normal. I absolutely loved it. I couldn't put it down and stayed up late to finish it. I'm not one for spoilers so I'll just say that if you love paranormal romances, this is a must read!
Rosie Amber
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Old Town Nights is an adult paranormal romance. Think of an Adult Twilight mixed with The Cake Boss. Ambrose Slater and his family run the Slater Bakeries in Chicago. Abby Lawrence is a real estate agent.

Ambrose has been in love with Abby for several months, he's a gentleman but he has been stalking her. He sets up a house viewing appointment with her just to finally meet her, but his intentions are selfish.

Abby finds him very attractive, but when he takes matters into hi
Mercedes
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A typical paranormal romance with a twist.
A unique love story.
Love the feelings that Abby & Ambrose have for each other.
Had some anguish that had me in tears.
If you like a unique love story give it a try.

Received this book-free for R@R.
Susan Tarr
Although vampires are not my usual reading genre this book came recommended, and I am so happy it did.
From the first pages I was captivated by this fascinating, beautiful and gentle take on vampires. No violent or threatening behavior, no blood and gore, just a genuine love for each of their family members.
As I progressed, the characters became real for me, and I truly cared what happened to them. I could also relate to their very real emotional conflicts.
That the settings are
Essie
Sep 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book

This was a good book. It had a happy ending. I received this book free in exchange for a honest opinion. Loved it.
Ethel
N.W. Moors
May 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Old Town Nights is the first book in the Blood & Company series. Ambrose Slater helps his family run a series of excellent bakeries in Chicago. Oh, and he's a vampire. But such a nice vampire. In this take on the vampire genre, the vampires are normal people who happen to have a blood disease. They live almost normal lives, no extra long lives, no can't go out in the sun, etc. They do have powers of persuasion and they do bite.
Ambrose falls in love with Abby, a realtor, who he pretends
Jayne Hyatt
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kudos to Ms. Williams for doing such a stellar job of creating a new vampire myth … one so completely plausible and easy for this reader to accept that I found myself wondering if perhaps Ms. Williams has inside knowledge. (Could it be she’s got it right?) The heart and soul of this novel, though, are bound up in the relationships amongst friends, family members, and lovers. Not many books have coaxed tears from my eyes and brought a lump to my throat, yet Old Town Nights did just that. The char ...more
Renee Smulkowski
Feb 04, 2015
Kerry Donovan
Sep 04, 2014
Iza
rated it did not like it
Sep 05, 2013
Beth Vance
Jan 31, 2016
Michael
Apr 20, 2016
Linda Lee Williams writes "contemporary romance with a paranormal twist." Her stories revolve around imperfect characters, their families and friends, and a host of life issues.

After moving to Denver from Chicago, Linda taught creative writing classes and formed a writers' group. An outdoor enthusiast, she enjoys hiking, biking, and birding. She loves critters of all kinds. During her