Start by marking “Pretty Wanted (Pretty Crooked #3)” as Want to Read:
Pretty Wanted (Pretty Crooked #3)

Pretty Wanted

(Pretty Crooked #3)

Willa’s string of good-hearted but ill-conceived thefts at her former high school catapulted her into a life she hardly knows. She became a cult hero, but soon afterward, her mom disappeared, leaving only a cryptic message. When Willa hit the California highway to find her, she discovered a dark family secret: Joanne Fox is not who she says she is-and neither is Willa. Now ...more
Published March 17th 2015 by Katherine Tegen Books

To ask other readers questions about Pretty Wanted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pretty Wanted

Colette
Apr 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
Sadly, this series is over, and not on the best note. After reading the first two books, I felt invested in the characters' lives, but then Willa's ending didn't satisfy me. I won't go into spoiler details, but I will say that Willa and Tre need more closure. Overall 2/5 stars; I was glad to see Leslie have her happy ending.
Paula  Phillips
Jan 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One thing that I often dislike as a reader, is when you get hooked on a series and then it finishes, you know it has to finish but it's sad at the same time as you have to say Goodbye to those characters forever, unless you are a re-reader which sadly I am not. Reading the last book in the Pretty Crooked series, made me remember back when I picked up the first book on Amazon as it sounded like a fun read and readers, it has definitely been a heck of a ride with this series as in Book #1 it start ...more

This was a really good end to the series, and in my opinion the best book in the trilogy.

I liked Willa in this, she still made some silly decisions, but she seemed a little more mature, and thought about things a bit more rather than acting quite so impulsively. I think Aidan helped with this a bit though, as he seemed a little more sensible in this book too.

The storyline in
Nicole Wang
Jan 23, 2015 added it
Shelves: dnf
Find more reviews at

Pretty Bad.
prettywantedquote

I thought I would love this one--I really did. As a fan of Pretty Crooked and Pretty Sly, I was ready to devour and fall in love with the last installment in this series. And, unfortunately, that just never happened.

Right from the beginning, there were small things that started to annoy me. Willa's character, Aidan, their attitudes, and even the writing. There didn't seem to be anything major--just a few bad word choices here, a stupid action there, and a cou
Bri
Mar 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
What I liked: I love being able to read an entire series in one go, because if one ends in a cliffhanger then I can immediately pick up the next one and continue on without having to wait sometimes a few years for the next book (I'm looking at you, Shadow Scale. I have wait for you since I read Seraphina three years ago) but at the same time, It's always a little nostalgic in a sense if I get attached to the characters. And funnily enough, I got attached to Aiden and Willa through their crazy a ...more
Once
Feb 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Hands down, in my opinion, Pretty Wanted is the best in the trilogy. The puzzle was complete, things made sense, Willa has grown to mature young adult and did the unexpected. It was a good ending to the series.

We learned in Pretty Sly, Willa’s mother is actually her older sister. She learns her mother has been murdered. Even though she is in trouble with the law, she wants to uncover the truth of her past and takes a journey to reveal the truth. Pretty Wanted is this journey.

I was pleased with t
Jeff Raymond
Man, I didn't love the first two books in this series, but revisiting it for the third really shows how this series kind of slowed into a mishmash of overly familiar plotting and the tire Bonnie and Clyde thing. Given the struggles with the first two I had, throwing in the towel on book 3 made sense for me even if Elisa Ludwig is forging her own interesting path in the greater YA genre.
Kim Morris
Jul 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great end to a fun trilogy!! Loved these books.
Cassie Johnson
Jun 27, 2019 rated it liked it
kareulla
Oct 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars-below
Finally finished this series. It was OK. There were some exciting moments, also dull moments. But overall, it was an OK book.
Bibliojunkies
Nov 28, 2014 rated it liked it
If I had any worries about being able to catch up with Willa and company in book three, they were quickly erased within the first few pages. Ludwig does a nice job of bringing the reader up to speed on Willa’s exploits – they’re heading to St. Louis to put the final pieces of the puzzle regarding her mother. Aidan, that trusty mischief-maker is with her as they dodge the authorities and make due with what little cash and resources they have. I can’t believe they’re still at it but Willa’s a stub ...more
Pretty Wanted picks up where Pretty Sly leaves off, although it’s interesting how each book in the series focuses on it’s own part of the story. Put together they make the whole picture. In Pretty Wanted, Willa and Aidan are still on the run but are now trying to track down information on Willa’s mother. There is no way to avoid spoilers from the first books in this review, I just want to put that out there.

This leg of the series has us put on our crime solving thinking caps on. After Willa disc
Sarah-Jayne Briggs
Mar 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
(I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a review).

(This review may contain spoilers).

I haven’t read the previous two books in this series, but I didn’t find that it detracted from my enjoyment of this book. I was able to pick up the storyline quickly and easily and I was able to understand the motivations of the main characters.

I found Willa a really easy character to get behind. It was nice that I was able to learn more about her past through little snippets and mentions of it thro
Elisabeth
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015
Thus ends a series that had so much potential but failed to deliver.
My attempt to finish books extends to series as well, so that's why I continued reading after the first book. Ludwig's idea for a modern Robin Hood did not quite register for me in the first installment, and the plot elaboration in the following two books felt like more of a chore to read than the excitement this genre promises. The books were not bad at all, and I did enjoy certain aspects of Ludwig's writing, but at times she
Kendall
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book picked up with Aidan and Willa in St. Louis trying to figure out more about Brianna, her mother. In the end Willa finds out that Brianna was part of a group with Chet, Granger, and Bailey that stole money from a bank in order to give it back to the community. After the heist there was a hit-and-run that resulted in a boy being paralyzed. After this Brianna wanted to be done with the group and wanted to come forward, so she moved to another place in St. Louis and changed her name. She w ...more
Ciara B
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Willa Fox is still on the run with Aiden at her side. After life changing revelations about Willa’s past and family, they find themselves in St. Luis investigating her mothers murder. Willa has to take a hard look at who she is, who she wants to be, and what she is doing. She reaches an ultimatum turn herself in and face the consequences or live a life on the run forever? Will the Sly Fox live on?

My Thoughts:

I loved this book, it is the perfect ending to the trilogy. You really got to see Willa
Mackenzie
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
I received a copy of this novel through the Goodreads First Reads program for free.

I enjoyed this trilogy at first, Willa Fox was the new girl in a small, rich town (because her artsy, mysterious, youg "mother" had a variety of business ventures that meant she had to move her and Willa all over the country) who was able to attend an extravagant private school. Soon, she realizes that the wealth is spread rather unfairly and decides to help the scholarship kids ala Robin Hood.
The novel was a bit
Diane Ferbrache
Willa and Aidan are on the run after a string of thefts that earned Willa the moniker of the “Sly Fox”. This time they aren’t on a crime spree exactly, but are looking for Willa’s mother – or at least the story behind why she was murdered.

A fast paced suspenseful story that’s a great adventure and a thrill to read. I admit that, as an adult, I had issues with how frequently Willa and Aidan “borrowed” cars and houses and food, etc. But when I think like a teenager, I found this book great fun. It
T.M. Carper
May 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense, ya
Solid ending to the trilogy with good pacing and plotting, plus it ties up loose ends from the previous books and solves the mystery of what happened to Willa's mom. Would recommend the trilogy to teens and older who like a little humor with their mystery.

Bonus - it doesn't feel too implausible and there are real consequences for the characters.
Reeda
Jun 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Compared to the first 2 novels, this last novel in the series just wasn't as addicting and gripping as the previous novels. Yet, the novel was very adventurous, but I personally wasn't a big fan of the ending.
eileen
Mar 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
i read this a WHILE ago but i just remembered it and this series is such a keeper i love love love the characters and the plot. great ending to a trilogy :)

(fun fact i read this series in like 2013 and then the two books got republished and i've been waiting since for this one to come out)
Louisa
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Man, this was such an amazing book, different again from the other two, and yeah, we finally find out what Aidan did! That ending, oh! Really great, and I can't wait to read more by Elisa Ludwig!
Alison James
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
You know when your not in the mood and you can't get into the book? that's me right now. Didn't even get passed the fort page.
Kara
Aug 09, 2015
Jaz
Dec 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
All About YA : This topic has been closed to new comments. Pretty Wanted Blog Tour + Giveaway 1 8 Mar 17, 2015 08:26AM

• Freefall
  • Not Your Average Happy Ending
  • The Pretty App (App, #2)
  • Obsessive (Issues, #2)
  • Utopia, Iowa
  • Transcendent (Starling, #3)
  • The Evil Within (Possessions, #2)
  • Holly Hearts Hollywood
  • Sound and Fury (Drake Chronicles, #5.5)
  • Dead Girls Walking (Dead Girls Detective Agency #2)
  • My Not So Super Sweet Life (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, #3)
  • I’m from Nowhere
  • Rebellion (The Elysium Chronicles, #3)
  • The Rising Star of Rusty Nail
  • The Oracle Rebounds (The Oracle of Dating, #2)
  • Phoenix Rising
  • Surrender  (Haunting Emma, #3)
  • A Phantom Enchantment (Unbound, #3)
I'm the author of the PRETTY CROOKED trilogy (HarperCollins) and COIN HEIST (Adaptive), now a Netflix Original film starring Sasha Pieterse. My story "About You Now" is featured in the forthcoming anthology BEHIND THE SONG (Sourcebooks). Visit me at elisaludwig.com, @ElisaLudwigYA and www.facebook.com/ElisaLudwigYA.

Pretty Crooked (3 books)
  • Pretty Crooked (Pretty Crooked, #1)
  • Pretty Sly (Pretty Crooked, #2)