Start by marking “Living Again” as Want to Read:
Living Again

Living Again

3.58  ·  Rating details ·  207 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Daniel Larson has walled himself off from any possibility of romance since his lover died violently five years ago in Afghanistan. The same bomb that ended his partner’s life took the lower part of Daniel’s left leg. The only support Daniel has, his Uncle Lawrence, is dead-set against anything homosexual, including Daniel.

Now, a popular language teacher at the local unive
Published July 21st 2014 by Dreamspinner Press (first published July 20th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Living Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Living Again

Gigi
I really, really hate writing negative reviews for books where the author obviously meant no harm. But this book was terrible and did nothing but constantly play on my emotions for a sick child while two men had the same stupid argument over and over again about a commitment to one another. By the time the story ended, the poor horse was dead, completely dismembered and stinking up the joint.

One small saving grace for a book like this would have been some hot man-on-man sex to ease the doldrums,
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~

I read the blurb and did a fist pump because: wounded man, male nurse, comfort/healing, disabilities. What's not to love?

Apparently quite a bit.

It started off promising. Daniel wakes up in a hospital only to be told he broke his non-amputated leg in a car accident. His home nurse is one gorgeous man named Jonah, who has a disabled son (his adopted nephew) whom he's raising alone.

Daniel and Jonah get to know each other.

And they get to know each other.

And they get to know each other
V
Jul 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Great potential for sure, but it was too long for a plot that it didn't hold my attention for long.
Not even a little tiny sex scene to look forward to and that in my humble opinion are very important, because the MC has a disability and I would love to know how they deal with it in the intimacy.
I have read hundreds and hundreds of m/m books and this story I'm afraid, wasn't what I was hoping for.
Perhaps other readers will love it and will find it flawless, and for those who don't like sex sce
AliciaJ
Whoo! *wipes brow* I made it through, and I didn't have to throw my kindle at the wall after all. I have to say, the kid was the saving grace for the story. Ethan was only four years old, but he was definitely a charmer, and his character managed to breathe some life into an otherwise dull and predictable story.

It was too bad that there just wasn't any real sparks of attraction and sexual tension between the MC's. I just didn't believe they were truly attracted to each other beyond friendship.

O
Manfred
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
In the beginning, I didn`t understand the negative reviews.
This story started quite nice and I liked the atmosphere, the way our m/c`s got to know each other and especially Ethan the 4-year-old handicapped son of Jonah.
The longer the story developed the more it was grating on my nerves, however.
How can it be, that 2 intelligent adults behave more childish than a 4-year-old kid?
And how is it possible that this back and forth of "I love you but I am not ready for more and I don`t know if you reall
Morgan  Skye
Nov 16, 2014 rated it it was ok
Full Review Here http://thebloggergirls.com/2014/12/12...

Book and Audio:
Daniel was injured and lost a leg in the same accident that killed his partner of many years. He is still very depressed about this when he’s in another car accident that breaks his remaining good leg. He must have round the clock care while it heals so his well-meaning uncle hires a nurse to care for him. However… his uncle is a huge homophobe and freaks out when he learns the nurse is male. Between the uncle and his past,
Sunne
Dec 10, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
If your child suffers from missing limbs, missing part of the lungs or a heart disease, you probably might not want to read about another child going into surgery. Stay away from this book.

I bought the book because narrator Randy Fuller is a good one.

And while his reading was - as always - perfect, the book just lacked ...and to be honest, it started okay, average, not really special but okay. Unfortunately it went downhill from there.

Let's just put the most important issues here:

Both MCs are
Aly
Jul 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was fantastic. I love books that show true emotions, that show conflict, that admit that love isn't always easy. Jonah and Daniel are instantly attracted, but fight the attraction, first to remain professional, then out of fear...fear of commitment on Jonah's part, fear of his uncle's backlash toward Jonah, on Daniel's part.

I also loved that it wasn't just about sex. Many male/male books are just about sex, but I read them for the romance, not the sex. There was plenty of romance here. It w
Catherine
*** 2.5 Stars ***

After slogging through the first half of the book, I was happy to see things pick up a little and get more emotional in the last 40% or so. Still, I feel like the MCs had the same 2 or 3 conversations on repeat the entire time and it was pretty tedious after a while.
carla
Jul 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was awesome. Unlike some of the other commenters, I didn't think it was slow at all. Strategically belabored at times, perhaps, in order to show just how much the stuff in the each man's past got in the way of moving forward. I liked that. It made it that much more satisfying when they did finally get together.

The way Daniel was there for Jonah and Ethan throughout everything was wonderful. I loved the characters. I didn't find them boring at all, as other commenters have mentione
Arzu
Jul 02, 2014 rated it liked it
3,5 stars
D
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was ok
Audio version. Meh.
Katy Beth Mckee
Jonah is a dedicated nurse and father to his nephew. He works hard and keeps his head down. Daniel has had more hardships then any one man should endure. But together they each have something to give and find ways to give to each other. They both have to learn to deal with their independent streaks but really are made for each other.
Ricardo
Jun 11, 2018 rated it liked it
2 1/2 stars.

This is one of those books that are perfectly “okay” but I cannot say are any better than that. It has a the required clichés, tons of second guessing, and despite a very predictabe plot it manages to engage the reader with likeable characters. Nothing exceptional but still an enjoyable read
CB
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A very sweet love story with 2 very lovely MC's and an adorable little boy. Some angst and outside drama but not really the focus on these 2 guys meeting and falling in love.
Crystal Marie
Sep 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Let me start this review talking about the book, then at the end I will explain my three star rating and hope that it makes sense to the readers. This is a story of heart break, disappointment, despair, love, faith, trust and strength. Yes all of those emotions were present for me in this book. The author took two men who had been beaten down by life and people and planted them together along with a precious little boy who had suffered already in his short life.
I am not going to spoil the stor
Love Bytes Reviews
Dec 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 star review by Lily

A well-loved language teacher, Daniel had a significant car accident and is now in need of home help. He already lost one leg five years ago in Afghanistan and the other one now is broken on top of the other injuries he sustained. As a result his only living relative who is his uncle hires a private nurse to care for Daniel. Although Daniel and his wealthy uncle are not close to each other, his uncle seems to be ready to help him financially but that is it, nothing more. Thi
Joyfully Jay
Sep 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kris
A Joyfully Jay review.

Oh, you guys, this was a good one. There were a few things I had a little trouble with, but overall, I really enjoyed this story and read it all in one sitting. Stein gives us a great story with a wonderful romantic build about two slightly broken men who needed to find each other in order to heal.

Can I start with the main characters? I loved these guys. Each had different qualities that endeared them to me. Jonah has such a huge heart, and he’s so kind and wonde
Chris Kottner-Kirschner
Als der junge Professor Daniel Larson bei einem Autounfall schwer verletzt wird, braucht er für die Zeit der Genesung eine Pflegekraft. Vom ersten Augenblick ist er von dem Pfleger Jonah fasziniert und fühlt sich zu ihm hingezogen. Das erste Mal seit er seinen Freund und Liebhaber im Krieg verloren hat, empfindet er wieder etwas für einen Menschen. Doch Jonah ist sein Pfleger und nichts deutet darauf hin, dass er Daniels Gefühle erwidert.

Dabei beruht diese Anziehung auf Gegenseitigkeit. Aber Jon
The Novel Approach Reviews
3.5 Stars

Living Again starts out with Daniel Larson waking up in the hospital where he finds out that on top of a broken arm and some broken ribs, he has also broken his only leg. This leaves him unable to get around on his own, so his Uncle has hired him a home care nurse. Daniel doesn’t have any illusions that he doesn’t need the help, but once he sees his hot nurse, he knows this is going to be pure torture.

As Daniel and Jonah start getting to know one another, Jonah opens up about his handic
Stephen
Nov 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
I cannot really review this audio-book as I was unable to finish it. I tried three times but gave up all three times for the same reason. To my taste it's a bit too treacly and the characters are just too piteous.

When I was growing up there was a television program called Queen for a Day. My grandmother liked it and I'd sometimes watch with her but no one else in my family really cared for it. The premise of the show as that women who'd had bad luck in life or were just in bad situations would
Neet
Aug 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
The path to true love never runs smooths and that holds true for the MC's in this wonderful story.We meet Daniel in a hospital regaining consciousness from a head on collision.Daniel is confused calling for his deceased boyfriend.Jonah,who is the nurse that Daniel's Uncle Lawrence has hired explains the situation.Daniel who was injured previously as a translator (his leg was amputated) now has a cast on his other leg,broken ribs,arms,and a concussion and bruises and his eyes are bandaged from th ...more
Inked Reads
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
FiveStars
I loved this book from the very start until the very end. Daniel has had a crappy hand dealt to him, his best friend and lover died and in the same accident he lost a leg. THEN several years later he is in a car accident and breaks the one good leg he has. I mean seriously, that is just a crappy hand! Daniel’s uncle hates the fact that he is, but since he is Daniel’s only family he just tries to ignore it and uses his money to hire a nurse to help Daniel until he is able to be self-suff
Melissa
Sep 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This was simply amazing, such a beautiful book about balancing love and responsibilities. Daniel is such an amazing character his strength and perseverance through all life has thrown at him is simply amazing, while Jonah is the most intelligent and caring man. But while Daniel and Jonah are the main characters of this book my favorite character is Jonah’s son, Ethan. His joy and zest for life in spite of all of his medical problems is contagious. I loved watching Daniel and Jonah’s relatio ...more
Shelley Chastagner
So sweet and beautifully written. I liked all of the main characters. Daniel has survived so much, but his life felt empty before meeting Jonah and Ethan. His instant attraction to both the man and little boy was heartfelt. Jonah has experienced loss; both his sister and what he thought was to be his 'forever' man. It's marked him, making him fearful. I loved little Ethan's vivacious spirit. The slow build of the relationship, even with each man at different times second guessing themselves, and ...more
Shelley Chastagner
Jan 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reread
Ardent
Sep 06, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. I enjoyed Daniel and Jonah’s story and the book held my attention as I followed their relationship developing. I found the book to be touching with humor mostly from Jonah’s wonderful son Ethan. There is a great scene where we get to watch Ethan “ gajjy-date” that brought tears to my eyes as I read it. Living again is a romance but if you are someone who likes a lot of sex in your MM romances you may be disappointed. I like my books with hot and heavy smexy scenes and this aspect was ...more
Janie
I thought this book was really good but had the potential for so much more. The 3main characters were great but the story fell a little short for me. There was no smexy scenes at all, that is a huge no no for me. Also I fell in love with Ethan and he just broke my heart and the ending doesn't tell me anything about how he is doing and what will happen to his future.
jules0623
2.5 stars. I liked the slow build that other reviewers disliked but the 'should I move in or not' conversation really was flogged to death. The MCs were nice enough but lacked a real spark, the uncle was cartoonish rather than menacing. The kid was pretty awesome, though.
Betryal
Jul 24, 2014 rated it liked it
***3.5 stars***
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Dreamspinner Press: Living Again by Brynn Stein 1 7 Aug 04, 2014 12:46AM
  • Bianca's Plan
  • Love Comes Silently (Senses, #1)
  • Three to Get Ready (Mannies Incorporated, #4)
  • A Fine Mingling
  • The Little Things
  • A Heart for Robbie
  • The Melody Thief (Blue Notes, #2)
  • I Can See For Miles
  • Never Let Go of Hope
  • Deefur Dog (Deefur, #1)
  • Love Life & Circumstance
  • The Coil
  • River Rising
  • Last First Kiss (Southern Comfort #1)
  • Turkey in the Snow
  • Designs of Desire (Desires Entwined, #1)
  • Making Ends Meet
  • Then the Stars Fall
Brynn Stein has always loved to write. Fan fiction, original fiction, whatever. While Brynn wrote in numerous genres—everything from mystery, to contemporary, to supernatural—she had always tended toward strong male characters. And then she discovered “slash,” male/male romance, and all those strong male characters were finally allowed to express their love for one another. It seems that there are ...more
More about Brynn Stein

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Scandalous Liaisons
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Story of O
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Unleashed (Ross Siblings #1)
    $3.99 $0.00
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Rock Me (Ross Siblings Book 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be