Start by marking “Sit, Walk, Stand” as Want to Read:
Sit, Walk, Stand

Sit, Walk, Stand

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  2,537 Ratings  ·  134 Reviews
An inspiring look at Ephesians and the believer's asociation with Christ, the world, and Satan. Written by the saintly Chinese pastor, Watchman Nee.
Published November 4th 1977 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published June 1964)

To ask other readers questions about Sit, Walk, Stand, please sign up.
Whitney Moore It's about letting God do -- instead of you -- in and through you.

Nole
Sep 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: you
Recommended to Nole by: Josh Smith
This is one of those books that took me longer to read than I would have thought when I looked at its diminutive size. I found myself reading a page and then going back to read it again several times. There were some very timely lessons for my own life in this book. This will be one of those books that I will go back and read again from time to time.
Joe Duffy
Jul 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
So many of us so easily become confused with the whole grace, works, obedience thing. we are told to rest and trust god one minute then fight and run the race to win the next. This fantastic little book succinctly and clearly explains the relationship between understanding what has already been done before responding to that truth. Née is my favorite new creation teacher because he exlains so much, yet writes so little.. Clarity and brevity at its finest!. Must read!
Tal
Jan 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
when it comes to books that make an impact, change your thinking and move you beyond where you thought you could go, this book was it for me! so much insight and understanding! so much pressure removed! WOW! i must admit that the "walk" section did not impact me as much as the other two did, but this book is what i have been looking for! oh to have this revelation sink into my heart and change who i am. this is a must read for anyone who really wants to walk with God.
Sydney (Сидни)
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christianity
It's Watchman Nee - you can never go wrong :)
Haymanot
Oct 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: experience
Sit, Walk, Stand is a small book with a big message. It’s sold as a study of Ephesians, but it’s much more than that. In 78 short pages the author describes the three aspects of the believer – to God, to man, and to the enemy. The best summary of the book is the one the author provides on the last page…

“The Christian life consists of sitting with Christ, walking by him and standing in him. We begin our spiritual life by resting in the finished work of the Lord Jesus. That rest is the source of o
Todd Hudnall
Jul 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sit, Walk, Stand is based on the three key words which divide the book of Ephesians into its basic sections. Our position in Christ is one of sitting, our life in the world is one of walking and our attitude toward Satan is one of standing. The Christian's entire life is to be founded and lived out from the finished work of Jesus. In it's 78 pages the book concisely sums up a massive amount of Biblical theology and applies it to the believer's every day life. Watchman Nee takes the grand theolog ...more
Ron
Jul 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing
“Too many Christians have all the doctrine but live lives that are a contradiction to it. The whole principle of Christian life is that we go beyond what is right to that which is well pleasing to him.”

A small, but well-presented book. Based on Paul’s letter to Ephesians, this book explores our position in Christ (sitting), our life in the world (walking), and our attitude toward the enemy (standing). This text is clear and easy to follow, yet profound. Far surpasses the wordy, self-referential
Jim Mather
Mar 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The first Christian book I ever purchased. I have returned to it year after year. Watchman Nee is a brilliant writer and his insights on the power book of Ephesians is remarkable. For a new Christian this is a remarkable book to get our spiritual growth on the right track... to be seated with Christ in heaven.... rest.... is the foundation stone for both our walk and warfare in Jesus Christ. I've read much of Watchman Nee's writing but for me, Sit,Walk,Stand is the best of all.
Richard Maffeo
Feb 23, 2009 rated it really liked it
I read this Watchman Nee classic nearly thirty years ago. It is as fresh today and as full of spiritual insight for me as it was then. Rotted in St. Paul's letter to the Ephesians, Nee takes the reader through the steps outlines by Paul to become an overcomer in the spiritual battle all Christians face.
Chan-Mi
Aug 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I've read. It's only 63 pages, but each page is filled with jewels. This book has set me free from false pressure and expectations I was putting on myself. "We must know how to sit with Christ in heavenly places and we must know how to walk worthy of him down here, [and] we must also know how to stand before the foe."
Whitney Moore
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a quick read – probably more like a booklet than a book, but essay or book, who cares? Watchman Nee (as always) startles with insights that are concise yet profoundly illuminating. For me, this piece was practically luminescent because it aimed a beam of light straight at something I believe the Spirit has been grieving. Then this book spoke right at what I can only describe it as The Martha Mentality.

Jesus Himself said Mary that had chosen the better part, yet so many of us Christians
Dawn Poulterer
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Watchman Nee is a precious soul. This book is easy to read and yet so profound. The most simple truths that hit me again and keep me anchored with trust that often wavers with the day's happenings. He addresses our need to first of all SIT and be still with the Spirit of God and the Word and prayer. I wish every American human would read this chapter because we rarely do this. We have such a hard time getting our minds to quiet. How do we ever hear from God?

"It is paradoxical, but true, that we
Lisa Blair
Excellent teaching by Watchman Nee! Sit in our position in Christ; walk our position in the world; stand our position with the enemy.

I read the paperback version back in college, but recently bought this audio version so my children could listen to it. I listened and was greatly encouraged by this christian classic. Highly recommended.

The narrator, Steve Vause, did an excellent job reading Watchman Nee's work.
Saphraneet
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Watchman Nee has a wonderful way of explaining spiritual truths. By using just the three little words sit, walk, stand, found in the book of Ephesians, he reminds us of the power available to us to live our Christian lives.
Josh Balogh
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites-read
This is a great concise break down of the book of Ephesians. I try to read this book yearly as it's simplicity helps clear the clutter and refocus on the essentials of the faith.
Charis Jackson
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A rare book, full of simple truths. I find it hard to believe I've never read one of Watchman Nee's books before.

That will definitely change.

Not only is his writing full of genuine sincerity, but somehow he's able to take all the complexities we Christians get distracted with and make them simple truths so easy to understand and believe.

God's word is "Stand!" "Put on the whole armor of God that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." The Greek verb "stand" with its following
Esther Hong
Nov 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ministry, nee
Key words in Ephesians
1. Our position in Christ — 'Sit' (2:6)
2. Our life in the world — 'Walk' (4:1)
3. Our attitude to the enemy — 'Stand' (6:11)

...His experience has now become my spiritual history... (pg. 16)

We sit forever with Christ that we may walk continuously before men. (pg. 28)

...you were wrong in seeking that love as something in itself, a kind of package-commodity, when what God desires is to express through you the love of His Son.
God has given us Christ. There is nothing now for us
Davina
Jun 26, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked the book because it encouraged me, fixed my eyes on the Lord and tought me some very important things, like resting in what Jesus did for me. There were however parts of the book I couldn't agree on or rather said I didn't like, how Watchman Nee wrote very confident about parts of scripture that many people would understand completely differently. I have a hard time when theologians don't explain that there are other ways to understand this particular scripture and don't argue why they c ...more
fleegan
Aug 13, 2007 rated it liked it
It was a good book because it's short (64 pages) and very much to the point. He kind of reminds me of Joyce Meyer in that they're both "Here's what you need to do; do it." kind of people. Although when Joyce says it it's more like, "Stop being an idiot and do what you're supposed to do." The premise of this book is basically Christians should first learn how to sit (or rest) with God. Then they should learn to walk (live a righteous life in Christ) with God, and finally they should learn to stan ...more
Sam
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nee organizes the book of Ephesians into doctrinal and practical sections, Sit (our position in Christ), Walk (our life in the world), and Stand (our attitude to the enemy). Excellent book!

"To say, 'I can do nothing to save myself; by by his grace God *has done* everything for me in Christ' is to take the first step in the life of faith. The Christian life from start to finish is based upon this principle of utter dependence upon the Lord Jesus."

"Adam began his life with the sabbath; for God wor
Dave Johnson
Sep 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This was so good. It took me quite a while to read because I really wanted to learn everything he talked about (I'm still working on that, btw). There's just too much stuff in here to mention it all, but the lessons I've learned about total reliance on Christ's finished work in me (sitting), allowing him to work that out in my daily life (walking), and the revelation that spiritual warfare is just holding the ground that God has already won for me (standing) and not "fighting" for it, has been i ...more
Taiwo Ayeni
It reveals the three progressive moves of God for Christian growth - all from the book of Ephesians. The need to sit (wait to learn at God's feet and be led) Eph 2:6; Walk (on the basis of what you have learnt and be able to make success of your life as God leads)Eph 4:1 Stand (Resist every move of the enemy to truncate your destiny) Eph 6:11
Trice
Jun 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all Christians
How much can you put into a book that's less than 70 pages long? Ah, if Mr. Nee weren't already impressive for his faithfulness before and during the (earthly) oppression he experienced in his life. Don't know how to describe what a gift this book was to me - peacebringer. :)
Ben De Bono
Jul 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: theology
Awesome, awesome book. It totally blew me away, especially the final section on warfare. I was fairly knowledgeable about spiritual warfare heading into this one, but Nee really added some perspective to the whole topic that I'd never considered before. This one's a must read.
Chris Hyde
Aug 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This is probably the best Christian book I've ever read. Every Christian should read it!
Eben
Jul 19, 2007 rated it it was amazing
READ THIS BOOK!
Patrick
Oct 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing
God really changed my life through this book.
Jmarie214
Nee is a guy who 'gets' it.
Melissa
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent little book about Paul's epistle to the Ephesians

1) Sit in the heavenly places in Christ. Rest in what God has done for you. This is the starting place for every disciple of Christ.
2) Walk. In love. Worthy of your calling.
3) Stand against the enemy.

Quotes:
Christianity is a strange business! If at the outset we try to do anything, we get nothing; if we seek to attain something we miss everything. Christianity begins, not with a big DO, but a big DONE. Ephesians opens with the truth that
Tim Genry
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a quick read ... or not. There are really good thoughts in this book as the author discusses Paul’s intent in his letter to the Ephesians in the Bible. These thoughts may cause you to slow down and give consideration to what the author is saying.
Sit, Walk, Stand is worth your time to read.
Snippets That Ins...: Power in Powerlessness? 1 2 May 27, 2017 07:48AM
  • Experiencing the Depths of Jesus Christ
  • A Christian Manifesto
  • A Tale of Three Kings
  • Jesus: A Theography
  • Organic Disciplemaking: Mentoring Others Into Spiritual Maturity And Leadership
  • From Eternity to Here: Rediscovering the Ageless Purpose of God
  • Dropping Your Guard
  • Death of a Guru
  • The Complete Works of E.M. Bounds on Prayer
  • Rees Howells: Intercessor
  • The Kneeling Christian
  • Holiness Truth and Presence of
Watchman Nee (Chinese: 倪柝聲; pinyin: Ní Tuòshēng; Foochow Romanized: Ngà Táuk-sĭng; 1903–1972) was a Chinese Christian author and church leader during the early 20th century. He spent the last 20 years of his life in prison and was severely persecuted by the Communists in China. Together with Wangzai, Zhou-An Lee, Shang-Jie Song, and others, Nee founded The Church Assembly Hall, later which would b ...more
“We must be brought to a place where, naturally gifted though we may be, we dare not speak except in conscious and continual dependence on Him.” 7 likes
“But Christianity is a queer business! If at the outset we try to do anything, we get nothing; if we seek to attain something, we miss everything. For Christianity begins not with a big DO, but with a big DONE.” 1 likes