Start by marking “A Faith of Her Own” as Want to Read:
A Faith of Her Own

A Faith of Her Own

(Middlefield Amish #1)

"Fuller understands what readers look for in her novels, and she more than meets all expectations." --RT Book Reviews of Faithful to Laura

Can Anna Mae heed God's call on her life, even if it means leaving behind everything she knows . . . and everyone she loves?

Published March 17th 2015 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about A Faith of Her Own, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Faith of Her Own

Karla
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excitement reigned in my home last week, when a courier truck pulled into the driveway!! The dog barked, I squealed !! I had been waiting for a book by a favorite author and knew it was on its way. It had finally arrived. The wait was over, and the reading could begin!! Kathleen Fuller has been a favorite author for some time and I was thrilled to be able to review her newest book from her Middlefield collection. As Amish Fiction is a genre that I love, this book compelled me to read and read an ...more
Tina Watson
Jul 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-release-yr
Have you ever asked this question after graduating high school or maybe college "What am I to do now?" or "Where do I want to be in 5, 10 years from now?" or "Is this the right path for me?" I can go on and on with the questions, but I think you get the idea. In A Faith of Her Own the characters are asking these same questions to themselves while also healing wounds from their past to move on with future plans.

Anna Mae Shetler has been deciding for nine years if her Amish community is where she
May 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Title: A FAITH OF HER OWN
Author: Kathleen Fuller
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
March 2015
ISBN: 978-0529102782
Genre: Amish romance
Series: A Middlefield Amish novel

Can Anna Mae heed God’s call on her life, even if it means leaving behind everything she knows . . . and everyone she loves?

Ever since Anna Mae’s childhood friend Jeremiah left their Amish community, she’s questioned her own place in the Amish world. The Amish life feels as if it’s closing in on her, and with her mother trying to set her up
Brittany
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love the fact that Kathleen Fuller has written another novel set in Middlefield, where she has set many of her other books. A Faith of Her Own actually contains characters who are from her Secrets of Middlefield series that was written for middle school aged readers. I have not read the books that feature Anna Mae, Jeremiah, Bekah, or Caleb, however my teenage daughter has and is now excited to read about these characters as adults. A Faith of Her Own stands alone just fine and is not dependen ...more
Lorraine
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
You won’t want this book to end!! You’ll get caught up in the lives of three Amish teenagers…Anna Mae Shelter and her friends Amos and Jeremiah Mullet. They've made a pact to be friends forever but then life happens. What will happen to their friendship now?

Jeremiah longs to be a veterinarian. His family already suffered heartache when his mother left them for the English world when Jeremiah and Amos were young. Will Jeremiah cause more pain now by doing the same thing?

This book is filled with e
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
4 1/2 stars!

Anna Mae, Amos, and Jeremiah were childhood friends, growing up in their Amish community of Middlefield, Ohio. They promised each other that they’d always be the best of friends, that nothing – not even their dreams – would come between them. But then, Jeremiah left (their town and their church) without saying goodbye, and he didn’t come back. That is, until now… nine years later, because his mentor Dr. Miller needs Jeremiah’s help with his local veterinarian practice. With his retu
Abbie
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What I liked: Anna Mae is being pressured by her mom to settle down and get married. As much as she loves her family and community she feels unhappy. When her childhood friend Jeremiah returns to work with the local veterinarian the friendship is rekindled and she really starts to question what she wants to do with her life. I enjoyed that this story dealt with how leaving the Amish community can affect a family and how it can work. Jeremiah had to face his father who he hurt deeply when he left ...more
Hallie Szott
Feb 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-for-review
This review is also posted on Book by Book.

Kathleen Fuller’s A Faith of Her Own tells a wonderful story of faith, forgiveness and community. Anna Mae and Jeremiah, along with a great cast of interesting, supporting characters, face daunting decisions of the future, while reconciling the painful hurts of the past. Each characters must rely on faith to move forward, however difficult that may be, and I found their journeys to be engaging and encouraging. An overall sweet story, A Faith of Her Own
Pam
Mar 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous

I gave this book a five star for being a great story with interesting characters. The struggles are real and heart felt and emotions run high at times. God is faithful and love is never really easy.....
Elizabeth
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kathleen Fuller doesn't disappoint! A compelling story of love & faith. The characters are so relatable as they struggle with decisions that we, in some fashion, all face in our lives. Fuller's writing is well crafted and readers of Amish Fiction will not want to skip this one.
Iola
Apr 05, 2015 added it
I went through a phase of reading Amish romance by Beverley Lewis about ten years ago, but gave up after realising that they seemed to be rehashing variations of the same plot over and over (and the one which had a different plot ended up having the same “twist” as the last of Michael Phillips’s Stonewycke books, which meant I found it too predictable).

Since then I’ve read a few mysteries set in Amish country by authors such as Mindy Starns Clark and Vanetta Chapman, and I enjoyed those more be
Kathleen E.
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Saturday, March 28, 2015
A Faith of Her Own by Kathleen Fuller, © 2015
A Middlefield Amish Novel

Thomas Nelson Publisher
Includes Reading Group Guide

This is my first Middlefield visit. WoW. So enjoyed meeting these families and the trials and hardships that came their way covered by caring and faith ~ in each other and in God.

In A Faith of Her Own, Anna Mae discovers it is God she is following beyond a creed taken up. How important this is for each of us; to make Him our own. I am looking forward to
Wendy
Mar 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
BACK OF THE BOOK BLURB
Ever since Anna Mae's childhood friend Jeremiah left their Amish community, she's questioned her own place in the Amish world. The Amish life feels as if it's closing in on her, and with her mother trying to set her up with potential suitors, Anna Mae feels trapped in a life she's not sure she wants anymore. But she's never told anyone that she longs for a tiny taste of freedom--freedom that could be very costly.

When Jeremiah suddenly reappears in Middlefield to help his me
Maureen Timerman
Mar 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
We are back in Middlefield and in the lives of teenage friends who are now adults. There are at least three romances going on here, and one of them is having a love hate one.
Bekah and Caleb were friends as growing up, but the usual stunts and pranks of teenagers. When the book opens they appear to really dislike one another, Caleb busy on his horse farm, and Bekah helping her sister, she is married to Caleb’s brother.
Then we have Judith, a widow, and David an Amish man whose wife left him, and
Pam Burke
Mar 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amish fiction is one of my favorite genres, and I've read hundreds of Amish stories. There are several authors I have come to trust, and I can be pretty sure I'm going to enjoy whatever books they write. Some of the stories, though, stand out above and beyond the others.

Kathleen Fuller's A Faith of Her Own is one of those standouts. Kathleen tells Anna Mae's and Jeremiah's story in a way that is gentle and touching. The questions and struggles are very realistic and very deep. There are issues o
Sally
Mar 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes joining the Amish church is not for every Amish person, as Anna Mae and Jeremiah are finding out.

Jeremiah leaves the Amish community to pursue his dream of being a Veterinarian. During the time he is gone Anna Mae finds herself questioning her place as Amish. She feels trapped in accepting the life her parents want for her and longs for freedom to choose her own path.

After being gone from Middlefield, Jeremiah returns home to help his Yankee mentor, Dr. Miller and hopefully to mend th
Beverly Lytle
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A Faith of Her Own revisits characters from Ms Fuller’s previous series, The Mysteries of Middlefield. I enjoyed entering back into the lives of these characters that were children in the series, but have since moved into adulthood. This book, however, reads just fine as a stand-alone novel. Living close to the Middlefield Amish community, I especially enjoyed the setting.
This book is an ultimate accolade of its compelling themes; faith, forgiveness, and family. Follow a couple of young adults o
Teresa Kander
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amish-mennonite
A great look at several romantic relationships in various stages. Johnny and Katie are an Amish married couple who have been trying for several years to have a child; Bekah and Caleb have known each other for years, and treat one another as pests in their lives; Anna Mae is still in love with Jeremiah, who left the church and his family to pursue his education and a career as a veterinarian; Judith, a widow, has feelings for David, the father of Jeremiah and of Amos, a special needs young man, b ...more
Janka H.
Feb 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Sweet story about understanding their own heart/s...while being Amish. Or not?

Anna Mae has not been herself since Jeremiah left their Amish community to follow his dream of being veterinarian. He left behind his father, brother with special needs (and gifts) and her, the best friend - and has never looked back. But she is not herself also because she doesnt know her path in the future.
But now Jeremiah is back. And her thoughts are in turmoil - as is her heart.
Bekah and Caleb has been fighting ea
J.C. Morrows
Oh my word… Kathleen Fuller is AMAZING!

Up to now, the only books of hers that I have read and reviewed have been short novellas inside collaborations/ novella collections and they simply did not prepare me for the awesomeness of her writing!

WOW!
And I mean WOW!

I refuse to spoil this book for you but I will tell you that A Faith of Her Own is most unlike any other story of it’s kind that I have read.

Most authors who write about a young person potentially leaving the Amish community write from the
Veronica
Jun 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this novel with two interesting story lines! It was interesting to see Jeremiah come back and how that affected Anna Mae and his family. He had a lot of fences to mend with them and it was sometimes frustrating as he tried to deal with his dad especially. Most of the characters were very likeable, especially Amos, Jeremiah's mentally challenged brother. I thought the plot line about Anna Mae and Jeremiah's cousins was funny, where two that seem to get on each other's nerves perh ...more
Loraine Alcorn
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Welcome to my review for the book A Faith of her own By Kathleen Fuller. I really enjoyed this book it was complicated in its story and a lot was going on that will keep you interested.

This is the story of Anna Mae she is an Amish woman who is not sure that she wanted to join the church. Her dream is to be a nurse but this goes against her family's wishes and she is very torn about what to do.

When Jeremiah returns to the community to help at the vets clinic,Anna is thrown into more turmoil becau

Judy
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Author Kathleen Fuller At Her Best!

Looking for a good Amish fiction read that isn’t a routine story? If you are, this book is for you. It is a story about two young people finding their own way. Decisions have to be made, some have already been made.

Healing and unconditional love needs to take place. Hurts that began at a young age and followed into adulthood. Forgiveness isn’t easy.

Pick up a copy of, A Faith of Her Own and follow the story of Anna Mae Shetler and Jeremiah Mullet, two of the ma
Cheryl Baranski
Mar 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A Faith of Her Own (A Middlefield Amish Novel), By: Kathleen Fuller
This is such an amazing book! I read it in less than a day, it was so well written! I was captured hook, line, sinker and drawn right into the story. Such wonderful characters that never left a dull moment. Amos captured my heart, he was such a wonderful inspiration for this story. There is such innocence, laughter, tears, heartache, anger, stubbornness with these amazing character brought to life in the telling of this story. Th
Stacy
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading A Faith of Her Own. It was a very charming and heartfelt novel. The Amish community was realistic and I got a glimpse into their world. I really connected with Bekah and Anna Mae in this book. I could empathize with them and how they were feeling when it came to finally facing the music and making their decisions. Even though some of the decisions made were hard it all worked out in the end. They each got their happy ending! On the other end of the spectrum Jeremiah and his fat ...more
Hannah
May 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing

A Faith of Her Own by Kathleen Fuller was one of the best Amish novels I have read in a while. I loved the sweet story that Kathleen masterly crafted. Jeremiah and Anna Mae were characters that really seemed to come to life for me. I have to admit that until about a year ago Amish stories were not my cup of tea but lately I have been finding several authors who have really got me hooked and Kathleen is now one of them. A Faith of Her Own is a beautifully written story about faith and God's plan.
Janet C
Aug 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amish-fiction
Fantastic read. I really enjoyed this book. Anna Mae has a childhood friend Jeremiah Mullett. He left the Amish faith and for 9 years was pursuing a degree to become a vet. He comes back to his hometown to fill in for a local vet (Dr Miller) who broke his leg....the man who got him interested in becoming a vet.
Anna Mae and Jeremiah get to know each other. A restlessness inside of Anna Mae wants to know what is truly God's path for her.

This book is very thought provoking and one you can't put do
Victoria Fulton
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome read for trying to figure out what to do and what God wants you to do.

This is my favorite book I have read from Kathleen so far. I have read most of her books from all her Amish series. After reading Hide and Secret, I wondered if Kathleen would write about what happened with Anna Mae, Jeremiah and Amos. I was intrigued when I read the first chapter and couldn’t stop reading.
Linda Heidelberg
Fantastic Read

I really enjoyed reading this book it's one of the best Amish books I have read I think this one tops them all..It was a joy th read and how God works in mysterious ways.and how Annie Maes and Jeremiah love for each other progressed. And all the characters in this book I could not put this book down I will look forward to reading more Amish books from this author.
Ammie
Mar 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful story. I fell in love with the characters right away and could not wait to see what decisions they would make. They were so real, so alive...it was hard to remember when I put down the book that they were not standing right beside me. I cannot wait to get this book into the hands of my grandmother. She loves a good book and a good cry and she will get both!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Rebecca's Christmas Gift
  • Love Still Stands (New Hope Amish #1)
  • A Road Unknown (Amish Roads, #1)
  • Saving Gideon (Clover Ridge #1)
  • A Woodland Miracle (The Amish Wonders #2)
  • Huckleberry Summer (The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill, #2)
  • A Wedding at the Orange Blossom Inn (Amish Brides of Pinecraft, #3)
  • A Dream of Home (Hearts of Lancaster Grand Hotel, #3)
  • A Simple Faith (Lancaster Crossroads, #1)
  • A Home for Lydia (The Pebble Creek Amish, #2)
  • Amish Sweethearts (Neighbors of Lancaster County, #2)
Best-selling author of Amish fiction. Also a wife, mother, crafter, coffee addict, football fan, and chocolate aficionado.
“Everyone had a place. Everyone fit. Everyone belonged. Everyone but Anna Mae.” 1 likes
“Then put this behind you. You don't have to change who you are because of one mistake. You only have to make sure you don't repeat it.” 0 likes