Start by marking “Boots Optional (Dead Heat Ranch, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Boots Optional (Dead Heat Ranch, #0.5)

Boots Optional

(Dead Heat Ranch 0.5)

Dead Heat Ranch Novella, #0.5

Note: This novella was previously published in the Some Like It Hot Anthology. Although the story has not changed, this version contains a short bonus scene.

New York Times bestselling author Nicole Edwards is heating things up with Boots Optional, a sexy new ménage novella which is the first book in a hot new series called Dead Heat Ranch.
Published July 22nd 2014 by SL Independent Publishing, LLC (first published May 20th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Boots Optional, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boots Optional

Wendy

Well this sure was a hot little read. This a mmf, and not just any kind of mmf. No we've got cowboys...two of them !!!

So far I liked all three characters, even Gracie. However.....since this was only the intro for the next book, which is a full novell about these three, I reserve the right to change my mind ;)

I don't read a lot of mmf/mfm, because I always want the girl to just go away...lol.

I did love "Travis" though, so I figured I would give this one a try too. We'll just have to see
Talltree
Apr 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: a-menage
Short but well written MMF menage romance novella. The H's were likeable but the h...she was hard to like....she rejected the guys so many times for so long and for no real reason that I could see - it was a wonder that the HEA happened at all!
3.5 stars.
Michelle
Jun 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loved this one! Two sexy Cowboys! Whew! There was smoke coming out of my kindle. I will defiantly be continuing on with this series.
Claudia
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is actually the start of the story Betting on Grace and I have no idea why it is a different Book. But seen as the first quarter of the next book it was great
Raine
All I gotta say was that this book was pretty damned hot. And it is only the prequel to the main story of Grace, Grant and Lane. I can't wait to read THAT book if this was as steamy as it was.
~ Becs ~
Jul 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Short, sweet and very very sexy. Great set up for what is to come in the Dead Heat Ranch series.
⚣Michaelle⚣
3.8 Stars

I know this is supposed to be the prequel to the first installment, but it felt a bit underdeveloped. All the characters felt really 2-dimensional and incomplete. I'm assuming more characterization and personality will be detailed in the fuller story?
Shera Layn ~ Book Lovers Obsession
I need a Grant and Lane sandwich, NOW, oh and a pair of cowgirl boots...PRONTO

I’ll start off by saying, I’ve never liked cowboy stories, BUT Grace, Grant and Lane have wrangled me like a wild horse and tied me up, leaving me wanting More, More, MORE!!!! I do believe I just got turned into a true Cowboy lover forever for sure!!!!

Grace lives on Dead Heat Ranch and is one of 5 sisters of the ranch owner. She’s beautiful, smart, funny and she’s a Cowgirl (you know they are all sexy). I love her atti
Leslie
Sep 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Nicole Edwards fans; thinking about reading the series
Ever since Zane, my first Nicole Edwards book, she has become one of my most consistent and reliable authors. I know what to expect from her: charismatic characters, dramatic storylines and some NSFW hot love scenes. It doesn’t matter if it’s a full length novel or a short novella, she still manages to deliver to my expectations.

With Boots Optional, a prequel (for lack of a better term) for her Dead Heat Ranch series, she produces a great opening performance for the main show. She was able to i
Casey
Jul 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novellas
 photo QFTB_DeadHeatRanch5_zps0bf19dd6.jpg

Addict. I. Am. Such. An. Addict.

I seriously canNOT get enough of Nicole Edwards' work! There is not a paragraph in all of her books that I don't absolutely love.

All of her characters, in every single series, have come to life in her work, and it's just amazing to read her stuff!

I've read the Club Destiny series and the Alluring Indulgence series. Now I'm starting the Dead Heat Ranch series with this amazingly sexual Boots Optional novella!

ZOMG!! I won an autographed copy of this book during a
Tangled Hearts
Jul 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
BOOTS OPTIONAL is a novella that introduces us to the characters and setting of the Dead Heat Ranch, owned and operated by the Lambert family. The plot is simple in keeping with the classical novella format and Nicole Edwards doesn't disappoint. The characters are deeply drawn and we get to see everything that goes on inside their heads as they work through their desires for each other and how to approach them. It’s clear that like in real-life, Grant and Lane struggle to find ways to be accept ...more
Lisa Cullinan
Jul 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mmf-read
This is the Nicole Edwards I know and love!!! Great prequel to this series...love the chemistry between Gracie, Lane and Grant. After Entrusted, I almost through my kindle out the front door. Sam, Logan and Elijah's relationship got me so mad because it was all about Sam and her selfishness. In this scenario, it's different and necessary and perfect because Gracie, Lane and Grant's relationship is of the same nature as Travis, Gage and Kylie's and Luke, Cole and Sierra's......
I can't wait for
Eye Candy Bookstore
Jul 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Grant, Lane and Gracie- Dead Heat Ranch's hottest threesome. Like any Nicole Edwards book, expect hot sex, lots of it, and points of view from each character. One thing I have always enjoyed about reading Nicole's work is that you get to know everyone and what they are feeling and thinking- you are never left wondering that by only getting the point of view of one character.

Gracie Lambert plays hard to get, acts like Grant is a thorn in her side, gives him all the Southern girl sassy mouth she
Joy
Jul 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm not gonna be shy here. I love a good ménage! But a ménage by Nicole Edwards is on a whole other level! This steamy, sexy, white hot novella introduces us to Gracie, Lane and Grant and I for one can't wait to dive into Betting on Grace! Because this is one polyamorous relationship that I won't miss!
~~Susan~~
Jan 03, 2015 rated it liked it
I'm a Nicole Edwards fan, so please don't ask why I am just reading this book now, as I have no idea what I was thinking.
Although by waiting, I do gey to carry on with the next book

Short, hot and sexy 5★read.
Tabitha Willbanks
Aug 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was an excellent introduction to the new Dead Heat Ranch series by Nicole Edwards.
This is an Edwards book so you can expect the heat to be turned up to full blast!
All I have to say is Gracie is one lucky woman, surrounded by all that cowboy deliciousness!
Keri
Aug 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
HOTTTTTTTT

HOTTTTTTTT

She did it again. What a steamy little story this one was. I can't wait to jump into the next book and here more about this trio. 2 hot cowboys and a cowgirl. What more could you want?
Nstefa
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
HOT AND HEAVY!!! Mmmm.... Lane, Grant and Grace MMF both men are bisexual and Grace is soul focus for both men even though she's been evading them till the one night!!!
Fernanda
Jun 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
just loved it. it was a short short story, but it caught my attention immediatly.
Gracie, Grant and Lane are truly lovable.
Shan ~ A ~
I can already tell from this little sneak peak that this series is going to be good. Not because of anything that happened to the main three featured in this novella, but because of Grace's sisters. I am so looking forward to seeing what sort of mischief those girls are going to get up to.

As far as this goes, which is a prologue to the relationship between Grace, Grant, and Laine, this was a pretty hot start. I will be reading this to see how they navigate their unconventional relationship, esp
T.
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received Boots Optional as a free paperback gift from the author during a giveaway. The gifting did not determine the review/rating, which reflects my honest opinion. This novella was a quick read, but readers got a chance to sympathize with the characters as we watch the story unfold. Steamy, sexy, and emotional-- another great offering by Nichole Edwards.
Eva Wiggers Holmbom
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am in love with all of Nicoles books and this one was no exception.

Grant and Lane are fine as sin and the way they come together, is freaking awesome and then Grace enters. I love how she try to stay away, but who can resist a cowboy who calls you Darlinin an accent, let alone two. I sure as hell cant and wouldnt!!

Loving it and Nicole knows how to write menage storys.
Erotic Romance Book Blog with Sandy
This was a very hot quick menage

I enjoy menages once in a while, they can be great stories with hot sex scenes. This was a good story with a couple hot scenes. Just too short for me, I am looking forward to the next book though.
Tania
Sep 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: menage, anal, gay
3.5
Novella about the beginning of a threesome. Grace is the daughter of the ranch owner and the 2 cowboys it s employee . Will it last ? I ll find out in the next book
Bec
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hot and heavy... just like cowboys should be. Great quick read
*Nan*
Samantha  Kurtz of Sammy's Book Obsession
5 Boot Rockin' Stars

This review first seen on Sammy's Book Obsession (blog)

TITLE~ Boots Optional (Dead Heat Ranch 0.5)
AUTHOR~ Nicole Edwards
GENRE~ Adult Romance-Erotica-Menage
PUBLISHED~ July 22nd 2014 by SL Independent Publishing LLC
PURCHASED/COST~ Copy provided for review
MY RATING~ 5/5

MY THOUGHTS~

I chose to read this book because I absolutely LOVE author Nicole Edwards and I was provided with a copy for review.
I'm generally not a fan of novellas/short stories, but I didn't hesitate to pick t
Kim
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing

There is nothing that Nicole Edwards could write that I wouldn't love. Every book of Nicole's that I've read (every book she has published to date), has been AMAZEBALLS. From the beginning of each book I am hooked by the way the story is written and the relationships between characters, I can't get enough of her work.

Boots Optional tells the story of Gracie Lambert, Grant Kingsley and Lane Miller. The 3 work and live on Dead Heat Ranch, a Dude Ranch owned by Gracie family. Grant and Lane both ha
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
This is my first Nicole Edwards book. My blog partner loves her so she was the one to put it on her list but when I saw the synopsis, I had to sneak it in onto mine as well. I already know is will be reading another one since I already bought Betting on Grace and starting on release day.

Grant and Lane work on a Dude Ranch in Texas and one night while they were hanging out in Grant's cabin things get hot. They were both holding the attraction to each other but they just couldn't take it anymore
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Some Like It Hot
  • Roped by the Team (Daly Way, #6)
  • Rescued (Three's Allowed, #2)
  • Artful Attractions (Attraction #1)
  • Cowboys Last All Night
  • Satyr's Myst (Satyr's Myst #3)
  • Shared Too (Shared #2)
  • The Games Destiny Plays (The Last Good Knight, #3)
  • One-Two Punch
  • Who Wants to Marry a Cowboy?
  • Claiming Addison (69 Bottles, #1)
  • Risk Is A Four-Letter Word (Four-Letter Word #1)
  • Sharing Their Lover (Crossed Wires, #4)
  • Anything But Vanilla (Anything But... #1)
  • If I Can't Let Go
  • Gavin's Submissives (Creek Valley, #1)
  • Rule of Three (Rule of Three, #1)
  • Her Two Men in London (Total Indulgence, #1)
New York Times bestselling author Nicole Edwards launched her professional writing career in July of 2012. Having been an avid reader all of her life and a huge fan of creative writing, it seemed the likely path for her to take. Since then, she has released more than forty books and has no plans to stop. As her full-time career/hobby, Nicole writes steamy contemporary and erotic romances.

Nicole is

Dead Heat Ranch (2 books)
  • Betting on Grace (Dead Heat Ranch, #1)
  • Overnight Love (Dead Heat Ranch #1.5)