Start by marking “The Berenstain Bears God Bless Our Country” as Want to Read:
The Berenstain Bears God Bless Our Country

The Berenstain Bears God Bless Our Country

The Bear family and their Bear Country neighbors celebrate the Fourth of July with a big parade. But not before the cubs get a lesson about the blessings of freedom for their country.  Features 12 full-color stickers.
Published April 14th 2015 by Zonderkidz (first published April 7th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Berenstain Bears God Bless Our Country, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Berenstain Bears God Bless Our Country

Jalynn Patterson
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
About the Book:

You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden.

Matthew 5:14

In the newest Berenstain Bear Living Lights 8x8 title, the glorious fourth has arrived and the Bear family is busy decorating with flags and bunting. Brother, Sister and Honey are anticipating the big parade and all the fireworks but aren t really thinking about the true meaning of the day.

But Mama and Papa make sure the cubs know just how much Bear Country is blessed with a quick lesson about the first
Apr 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Title: THE BERENSTAIN BEARS: GOD BLESS OUR COUNTRY
Author: Mike Berenstain
Publisher: Zondrekidz
April 2015
ASIN: 978-0310734857
Genre: Children’s book

“You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden.”
Matthew 5:14

In the newest Berenstain Bear Living Lights 8x8 title, the glorious fourth has arrived and the Bear family is busy decorating with flags and bunting. Brother, Sister and Honey are anticipating the big parade and all the fireworks but aren’t really thinking about the true m
Lynsey
Jun 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden.” Matthew 5:14

In the newest Berenstain Bear Living Lights 8x8 title, the glorious Fourth of July has arrived and the Bear family is busy decorating with flags and bunting. Brother, Sister and Honey are just waiting for the big parade and all the fireworks and aren’t really thinking about the true meaning of the day.

Lindsey Silvestrini
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Memorial Day and the 4th of July are coming and it's always a great opportunity to talk to your kids about the military and what part they play in our freedom and our country. I like having a tool like a book to start the conversation and then since a lot of information is introduced, they can then ask questions at the end.

The Berenstain Bears have been a mainstay in my children's lives since they were born and were actually a big part of my own childhood. God Bless our Country is a great patrio
Sally
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Berenstain Bears are busy getting ready to celebrate our country’s Independence on the Fourth of July. Before that can happens they are taught a lesson that our country’s birthday party is about the fight for our freedom and how our forefather’s created a new country, where people could be free and they learned to thank God for our freedom.

This is an adorably written book with great illustrations. Although the pages are filled with the preparations and fun of getting ready for the celebratio
J.C. Morrows
This is the first one of these books I have reviewed and it is definitely my favorite so far! Of course I haven't read all of the new ones so that may change.

WOW!

I remember reading these wonderful books when I was a kid... of course that was when Stan & Jan were writing them... and I am thrilled to see that their son Mike loved the books so much, he has continued with the very series his parents loved so much!

BRAVO Mike!

Thank you and God Bless you Mike! It is wonderful to have this amazing s
Brandi (Rambles of a SAHM)
May 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: juvenile-fiction
If you've ever been privileged enough to be a part of a small town Fourth of July celebration then you are going to enjoy sharing this book with your littles. The lovable Berenstain Bear family is back and they are about to celebrate America's birthday with their friends and neighbors.

A celebration in Bear Country wouldn't be complete without food and festivities. As the family prepares for the parade by decorating their bikes and trying on old military uniforms a wonderful discussion ensues ab
Christina
Apr 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The barenstine bears have been a long time favorite series of books,since I was a kid.I don’t currently have any kids but I will be reading to them plenty when I do and the barenstine bears will be frequents I’m sure of it.This is a great book that explains a bit about what the fourth of July means and how we came to celebrating it.It explains independence day and freedom that our country got in a kid friendly way that they will understand without going into a long technical story that’s to grow ...more
ACS Book-finder
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
For the small price of $4.99, you can acquire this republished Berenstain Bears book that has been beloved for years. God Bless Our Country is illustrated in the endearing Berenstain tradition that will charm the current youngsters just as it did many years ago.

The Fourth of July (Independence Day) celebration is approaching and the Berenstain Bears are making preparation to participate in their town's parade and other activities. They are learning about the history of the United States and how
Tima
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
Brother, Sister, and Honey Bear are excitedly decorating their bikes for the 4th of July parade. Mama and Papa are getting ready too. As they all prepare for the huge event the cubs learn a wonderful history lesson about their country and how it all began.

In classic Berenstain Bears style, the young readers will learn a lesson while enjoying a story. The bright colorful illustrations help tell the story and add richness to the lesson. Children will learn about history, about being patriotic, and
Julie Graves
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-reads, christian
The Berenstain Bears learn about Independence Day. The Cubs ask lots of questions about the birth of our country and why it is so special. Mama Bear answers all of their questions as she gets ready for the big celebration. Papa Bear wears his army uniform in the parade and the cubs decorate their bikes in red, white and blue so they too can participate in the festivities. Spiritual aspects of the story are how we should be thankful to God for allowing us the freedom to live in this country. As a ...more
Tima
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books

Nikki
Apr 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
In this new book from Mike Berenstain, the cubs ask questions about our country's "birthday," the Fourth of July. Mama and Papa tell them how and why our country was formed and how God has blessed it. As the children hear this information, their pride in their country grows.

This book is different from the last few Berenstain books I've reviewed; instead of dealing with a moral situation, this book tackles history. It's a nice introduction to how our country was founded and why, although it is pr
Ashley
Apr 28, 2015 marked it as to-read
I picked up this book from BookLook Bloggers in exchange for an honest review. I've been collecting all of the Berenstain Bears books that I find from BookLook Bloggers for my two and a half year old son, because he really enjoys them, and they bring back so many memories from when I was younger!

God Bless our country is about the Bear family and their Fourth of July celebration. The cubs learn a big lesson about the blessings of freedom for their country. The book also comes with stickers! It's
Jennifer Altman
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a great story for younger children to help explain Independence Day! Brother and Sister Bear get a lesson in how it is this country came to be and the sacrifices that were made to make it so!
My kids were drawn to this book the moment they saw it! I grew up with Berenstain Bears and my kids enjoy the series as well. We have several of the books and I am happy to be able to add this book to the collection! It was enjoyed by all 3 of my boys – ages 4, 6, and 8!
Erin
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
God Bless Our Country was a terrific new addition to The Berenstain Bears collection. This time they teach us about the importance of the Fourth of July and what it means to our country and the people in it. From coming to America to find freedom, to the signing of the Declaration of Independence, to the parade's to celebrate. This is another must have for the Berenstain Bear collection in your home.
Elizabeth Gaskins
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
I like this book for kids. It shows great respect for the military & it shows that there is nothing wrong with being patriotic & being proud to live in a free country. For Christians, it also rinds us that it was God who have us this wonderful country & that we should continue to thank Him for it as we celebrate!
Cassandra
Apr 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy of this book from book look blogger.

A great book that will get your children excited and teach them a great lesson.
Katie Casey
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-to-kids
Great holiday read

This one has a little American history lesson about the 4th of July built in, plus traditional Berenstain Bears' faith and family values.
Michele
Jul 10, 2016 rated it did not like it
were the Berenstain bears always this religious????

received a free copy at ALA from the publisher.
Jessica
Rebecca Johnson
Jun 27, 2017
Jennie
Jun 26, 2016
Mike Berenstain grew up watching his parents, Stan and Jan, working together to write and draw these lovable bears. Eventually he started drawing and writing about them too. Mike is married to Andrea and they have three children. They live in Pennsylvania, in an area that looks a lot like Bear Country.

Mike's earliest memory is of his parents studio in suburban Philadelphia. He remembers sitting on