Start by marking “Forget Me Not (Collective, #1)” as Want to Read:
Forget Me Not (Collective, #1)

Forget Me Not

(Collective #1)

Anamae is drawn into a world which shatters everything she knew to be true.

Since her mother vanished nine years ago, Anamae and her father have shared a quiet life. But when Anamae discovers a brooch identical to her mother's favorite pendant, she unknowingly invites a slew of trouble into their world. They're not just jewellery, they're part of a highly developed technolo
Published August 1st 2014 by HarperCollins AUS Impulse (first published February 20th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Forget Me Not, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forget Me Not

Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. JensenThe Young Elites by Marie LuThe Iron Trial by Holly BlackThe Murder Complex by Lindsay CummingsSnow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
First In Series (2014)
682 books — 1,571 voters
YA Novels of 2014
1,544 books — 9,143 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Forget Me Not (Collective, #1)
Sharon
Oct 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Nine years ago Anamae Gilbert's mother disappeared from her life, but still to this day, Anamae (Mae) longs to have her mother back in her life. Mae writes letters to her mother every year on the anniversary of her disappearance. In these letters she writes about all the things she and her father have done in the past twelve months. Mae hopes that one day her mother will return and will be able to read the letters.

William Avery (Will) and Mae have been best friends since the day, Will and his fa
Brenda

Sitting at her desk, struggling with the words she wanted to write, Anamae missed her mother desperately. Even after nine years, the sense of loss was acute – when she vanished it was as if from the face of the earth. Every year on the anniversary of her disappearance, Mae would write the letter to her mother, telling her of the happenings of herself and her father over the past twelve months; the special drawer which held these letters was filling, but at least she would be able to giv
Wattle
4.5 stars out of 5.

In a nutshell ‘Forget Me Not’ is the story of Anamae (aka: Mae) who comes across some tech that she shouldn’t, and then things go downhill from there.

Mae and her best friend Will end up at a safe house, where Jax and Lilly live with her parents and a few others. ‘Forget Me Not’ sets up the whole story of the series very well, it’s fast paced a
Cassandra Page
I was given an eARC of this book in exchange for an honest review. In the interests of full disclosure, though, I should confess I requested the ARC because I've read one of Stacey's other, unpublished manuscripts and really love her writing.

But "Forget Me Not" didn't disappoint. I intend to buy a paperback copy once it becomes available, which is a sign of how much I loved it.

Most of the young adult fiction I read is urban fantasy, so the science-fiction angle was somewhat new to me - but, lik
Rochelle
When Anamae (Mae) discovers a brooch in an antique store that matches her (missing) mother’s pendant, she has to have it. What she never expected was to disappear when she put both pieces on. Suddenly Mae’s, and her best friend Will’s, life is in danger as a secret society called The Collective come after her.

They are taken to a safe house so they can be protected from those who want to harm Mae for the knowledge she now possesses.It is here Mae meets Jax, a bad boy with an attitude. Mae isn’t h
S.T. Bende
Jun 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stacey Nash is a debut author to remember. I read this book in a day, y'all. One day. I was sucked right into Mae's story from the first page. Forget Me Not opens with a bang, and this page turning, nail biting, high stakes adventure story kept me reading into the night. Ms. Nash weaves beautiful descriptions and a highly inventive conspiracy theory, with just enough romance to give me all the feels. And she's given us two charming book boyfriends to boot. Will and Jax are swoon worthy in and of ...more
Katie Hamstead
I read this in it's early stages and loved it! Nash brings a secret world to life with these amazing characters. Mae finds herself thrust into a world she doesn't understand and somehow finds herself in great danger. Meanwhile, her best friend, Will,(who I LOVE) stands by her, even though his life is in danger too.
There are plenty of twists and turns and secrets being discovered which only seem to raise more questions. I'd definitely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys action, intrigue and
Nikki
Mar 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“A young girl gets plunged into a seemingly magical world where she has to fight to save someone she loves from a horrible fate.” A one sentence summary of the most popular teen books recently. If you add vampires and make the victim her mother, you have the Twilight series. If you add runes and magical locations, you’re looking at the Mortal Instruments series. This summary can even apply to Forget Me Not, as long as you can focus on the word “seemingly.”

Nash’s novel is not about paranormal ac
Barbara Garren
Mar 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-fantasy
This was an amazingly well crafted, suspenseful book that took me by complete surprise in the final 20 pages! Nash writes a gripping tale of mystery in a world not that far off, and fills it with vital, warm characters you come to love. Anamae (Mae) is absolutely "that girl" - the one we all wanted to be and everyone adored.

Will and Jax are wonderfully opposed in both manner and appearance, Lilly and the other characters are just a delight.

How good was the book, really? Well, I was preparing t
1-Click Addict Support Group
Honestly, I was really intrigued by the description – a young adult paranormal read with a secret society component is exactly up my alley. Unfortunately I did not connect with this book.

I found Anamae immature and annoying, as she almost intentionally made bad decisions. Jax as the mysterious, brooding “bad boy” was trite, and Will as the boy next door was predictable. The contention between the two boys seemed unfounded and contrived.

All in all, I was able to read 40% of the book before I ga
Booksniffer Tours
5 Sniffs - There is NO WAY you will ever get our nose out of this book!

Check out my review at Booksniffer Book Reviews!
Silver Petticoat
Apr 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
Read this review and others at The Silver Petticoat Review:Forget Me Not

A secret organization pulling the strings of our nation’s government, controlling wars, famine, and politics. This is what young Anamae faces when she discovers that her mother’s old necklace is really a piece of advanced technology kept hidden from the general public by a group called the Collective. This one discovery pulls her into a world of intrigue, danger, and lies. When she joins the rebel group trying to stop the Co
Mak
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was generously provided an e-ARC of this novel by the author. Things may have changed in the final version.

I was interested in Forget Me Not because it sounded like it had fun bits of science fiction technology set in a fantastical world. Forget Me Not had plenty of awesome technological surprises, but I was overwhelmed by the whiny and naive main character, Anamae.

The beginning was very fun and well-written. It kept me entertained for about the first quarter of the story. Until we got to Jax
Shaz X
Aug 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Reviews and more at Sharon's Book Nook!

Action, adventure, drama, mystery and a love triangle make a great mix for this fantastic read.

I loved Forget Me Not by Stacey Nash and here is why you need to read this book:

* An interesting plot that keeps you guessing throughout the story. I really liked how you become suspicious of several of the characters and what they’re motives are for helping Anamae.
* The story keeps moving at a good pace and there are no lulls.
* It’s well written and narrated in t
Pratr- Authors
Oct 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Reviewer for Paranormal Romance and Authors that Rock
4 Fangs
Anamae's mother disappeared about 9 years ago. Anamae and her best friend Will find in an antique store a brooch that reminds her of the pendant her mother left behind the day she disappeared. She soon finds that the pendant and brooch can be used together as a cloak of invisibility. The only problem is when she used it the technology also alerted the people from the Collective. The people from the Collective come after her for the broo
Heidi
Mar 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After The Collective find out that Anamae is in possession of a tech, she finds herself in great danger. In the safe house, she quickly makes friends with other teenagers and together they embark on a wild rescue mission to free her dad who has been kidnapped by agents of the Collective.

I don’t read a lot of YA books, but I am so glad I stumbled across this one! Forget Me Not is about so much more than the rescue mission itself. All four teenage friends (Anamea, Will, Jax and Lilly) are tested a
AnaPIN
Jun 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crit-14
Forget Me Not is a book close to my heart, not only because I have read it lots of times. Thanks to the lovely author trusting me to do it. But because it’s a story that made me completely love Science Fiction. I don’t usually love this genre but with this book I just couldn’t stop.
The MC Anamae, has a voice true to a teenager but still strong and moving. I liked her from the first moment as I did with her best friend Will. I loved their friendship an how Will cares so much for her.
This story
Diane Lynch
Feb 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anamae’s mother disappeared nine years ago. Her loss still haunts Mae to this day.

While at a local thrift store, Anamae discovers a brooch that matches her mother’s favorite pendant. When placed together the pieces activate an unknown technology that cloaks the human form. Now Anamae is being hunted by a secret society that wants to silence her and claim her technology.

Stacey Nash created a unique and interesting story that was clever yet believable. The action was nonstop from beginning to en
K.C. Sprayberry
Mar 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anamae longs for her missing mom. She hangs on to slippery memories with a forget me not necklace and discovers a brooch that matches the pendant. Together, these pieces of jewelry drag her into a fight to overcome The Collective.
Stacey Nash has brought us an excellent tale of loss and searching for the truth. The mystery surrounding Jax adds to the suspense as a group of teens ignore the orders of the adults with them and go after a group bent on world domination. While the middle sagged a bit,
Lauren McKellar
Jun 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a beta reader for Stacey but I have to confess; I loved this book! It isn't the usual genre I read in, but it sucked me in from go with its strong plot and great world-building.

This book is perfect for fans of Cassandra Clare, with just the right combination of action, adventure and romance all thrown in together.

It tells the story of Anamae, a young girl who discovers a secret entwined in her family's past; one that leads her to discover that almost everything she knew about the world is
Kristann Monaghan
Aug 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was an enjoyable read full of adventure, intrigue, and a delightful storyline! Stacey Nash does a wonderful job of pulling you into the mysterious world of The Collective and makes you wonder what is next with every page turn. I loved the little love triangle set up between the characters and the secrets that Jax keeps kept me wishing I knew more! The characters were believable and I found myself drawn into their adventures against The Collective quickly. I adored the implication that all " ...more
Robyn Koshel
Aug 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Forget me not is a stunning début by Stacey Nash. Mae never got over her mother’s disappearance nine years earlier. Unwittingly she stumbles upon a brooch that is identical to her mother’s pendant. She finds it is a talisman of some sort of technology that really is a cloaking device.

Mae wasn’t suppose to know or even posses it and when a secret society finds out she has it- she becomes a target.

Forget me not is an exciting adventure. I could not put this book down once I started. I highly recom
Charissa
Nov 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, dystopian
YA fiction with a touch of romance. Anamae (or Mae) is a normal 17-year-old until she touches her mother’s necklace and and opens the gift of invisibility. By doing so, she unknowingly brings down the wrath of the Collective upon her, a secret society of techno-gurus who run the world incognito through the use of technology that no one else knows about. Mae and her best friend, Will, escape and are taken in by the resistance where she meets Jax, a hot 18-year-old who confuses her. This was well- ...more
Piper Gottschalk
Nov 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Forget Me Not was a pleasant read. It had elements of magic, but with a technical twist. The lead characters were likable and dimensional. The writing has a nice flow and a good pace. It wasn't too fast nor too slow. Some plot points and characters were a little trope-y, but not so much that it took away from my enjoyment of the story. I would happily read another book from this author.

I would recommend it to fans of YA fiction, Sci/Fantasy and light romance.

Edited: The more I thought about this
Nikola Vukoja
Feb 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had the pleasure of reading Forget-Me-Not and have a review coming out on my Blog http://nikvukoja.wordpress.com/ on March 1st, together with a Q&A with the author Stacey Nash.

Although I normally don't read YA, I really enjoyed this and found it happily (or not so happily) moved forward at a really good pace. There was enough exposition so that I understood the world the main character was entering and plenty of action to keep the pace flowing.

I would recommend this to anyone who wants a good
Ellen Christian
Forget Me Not is truly an amazing book. I can honestly say that I could not put it down. I put it down only long enough to do what I had to and then came right back to see what happened next. The story kept me guessing with every page and the ending was one that I never expected. I fell in love with Annamae and Jax and kept wishing that they would get together at the end of the story. I won’t spoil the story and let you know what happened but definitely recommend you buy a copy today!

I received
Cathlin
Sep 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
very interesting concept. I'm still dying to know exactly who the collective are and how they got their powers or the tech. Of course I enjoyed the relationship and blossoming love triangle surrounding our oblivious heroine. Jax dark and mysterious persona was intriguing even if I was able to predict just what kind of role he played there was still a little bit of an unexpected twist to it. The end left me with a few more questions about Mae's heritage and what that means for her and Jax (sorry ...more
Johnnie-Marie Howard
Mar 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: r2r
This is a story worth 41/2 stars but since I can't mark that on here I'll tell ya. lol. This is a must read. Has YA, paranormal and romance all in one. The journey that the main character went on is just amazing, right along with the writing.

*** I received this story for free in exchange for an honest review, see more of my review @ http://jmhoward2007.blogspot.com on 3-19-14***
Melissa
Oct 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
This is an amazing start to a series. Though it does leave you wanting more (in a good way) it has just enough closure to where you aren't left hanging. The storyline and characters are such a draw that you can't turn the pages fast enough.

I was given this book in exchange for an honest review via NETGALLEY.
Beck Nicholas
Dec 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was so easy to read. I picked it up - so to speak - when all around me was chaotic with the festive season and I found it easy to get caught up and enjoy without the world intruding too much. A grand feat indeed.
If you love a fast paced, interesting read with some lovely romance, then this is for you.

• The Informationist (Vanessa Michael Munroe, #1)
  • In Stone
  • Ruse, Vol. 2: The Silent Partner
  • The 13th Hour
  • Awakenings
  • Divided (Open Heart #1)
Writing for the young and new adult market, Stacey's books are all adventure filled stories with a good dose of danger, a smattering of romance, and plenty of kissing! Her debut novel, Forget Me Not was released as a three book series through HarperCollins Australia during 2014 / 2015. And her Oxley College Saga is out now.

Hailing from the Hunter Valley in New South Wales, she loves nothing more

Collective (3 books)
  • Remember Me (Collective, #2)
  • Never Forgotten (Collective, #3)