Start by marking “Brandon Sanderson Sampler: The Way of Kings and Mistborn” as Want to Read:
Brandon Sanderson Sampler: The Way of Kings and Mistborn

Brandon Sanderson Sampler: The Way of Kings and Mistborn

4.75  ·  Rating details ·  520 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Brandon Sanderson is one of the most innovative and prolific authors writing today, and Tor Books is proud to share with you two of his most exciting series: The Stormlight Archive and Mistborn.
This electronic sampler contains part one of The Way of Kings, book one in The Stormlight archive, and the first five chapters of Mistborn, book one of the Mistborn series.
We hope t
Published July 15th 2014 by Tor Books

To ask other readers questions about Brandon Sanderson Sampler, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brandon Sanderson Sampler

Muhammad Ali
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
After Tolkins I like Brandon Sandersons style. Dark and gritty characters with no morals good snese of right and wrong are not my cup of tea.
Nicholas Zacharewicz
To be honest, I didn't find Mistborn as interesting as The Way of Kings.

In part, I think that this is because The Way of Kings, with its depth of worldbuilding, reminded me of J-RPGs like Xenoblade Chronicles or the Tales series -- games that I'm interested in mostly for their stories and characters. Needless to say, I'm definitely going to be picking up The Way of Kings when I get a chance.

Mistborn, on the other hand, is just a story with a ho-hum world but a unique magic system. And I know t
Ralph Wark
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good start

A friend turned me on to Sanderson, and I'm impressed. His mythos is excellent, ancient shard blades and armor (very cool) to sprites that appear for certain moods to 30 foot tall killer crustaceans. The Way of Kings starts out with an assassination, a perfect way to intro the setting if you've not read Sanderson before. Mystic blades and armor, power ups, gravity defying, death dealing, all in the first few pages. I thoroughly enjoyed this, and I am a somewhat jaded long time fan of
Kevin Michael Dela Paz
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This sampler is a great peek into Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere, which in my opinion wouldn't be as beautiful and wonderful as it is without the expert storytelling of the author. Definitely made me want to buy the books, but for now I'll work for my funds.
KANY
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book so much and the characters. Makes me wish I lived in a fantasy fiction- so much more interesting than real life!
Garrett Dalton
Garrett Dalton
English 8
May 20 2015

The Way of Kings
Brandon Sanderson
Szeth, Kaladin, Shallan, and Dalinar
The book begins with a victory. We look at the life of the Heralds, the leaders of the Knights Radiant. The Heralds are cursed to perish in battle. They created blades more powerful than shardblades and shardplates, which can only be wielded by shardbearers. Then it moves to Szeths perspective a peace-loving believer in non-violence who is sent to kill the Alethi king, the parshendi a similar r
Angela Bish
I read these two books separately. I loved both of them. I discovered Sanderson after R. Jordan passed. And I have to say that he picked an excellent author to continue the epic story. I digress.
Brandon is an amazing story teller and it shows in BOTH of these novels.
Cameron
both fabulous books
Melissa
Oct 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
very well written, love his concept.
Sheryl Hanson
May 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
this was an awesome book!
Annemarie
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
these are fantastic books, great characters!
Daryl
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Extensive beginnings to read of both books. Both are fascinating!
Adam Harmon
Kelly Starsmore
May 24, 2015
Ray Rice
Dec 23, 2014
Brandon’s major books for the second half of 2016 are The Dark Talent, the final volume in Alcatraz Smedry’s autobiographical account of his battle against the Evil Librarians who secretly rule our world, and Arcanum Unbounded, the collection of short fiction in the Cosmere universe that includes the Mistborn series and the Stormlight
Archive, among others. This collection features The Emperor’s S