Start by marking “En Memoriam” as Want to Read:
En Memoriam

En Memoriam

Paul has seen Victor before, he just can’t remember where. The rush of fear in his stomach when Victor glances his way is familiar. Paul knows the slant of his smile. There’s nothing safe here, but when Victor offers to meet over coffee, Paul is swayed by this sense of knowing. Victor’s touch feels like an old lover. His hands have been here before.

Paul is sure he once lea
Published October 31st 2014 by OldeWolff Alternascents

To ask other readers questions about En Memoriam, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about En Memoriam

Nancy
Cross-posted at Outlaw Reviews and at Shelf Inflicted

Sexy, dark, and dangerous.

Having read and enjoyed Tami Veldura’s Stealing Serenity, I was very confident that I would enjoy her take on vampires and their use of glamour, even if they often feel tired and overdone. Fear not, dear reader! En Memoriam is a fresh and unusual short story, with strong, memorable characters and a ferocious sexual intensity that had me fanning myself.

Each time Paul encounters Victor, there is an element of fear, and
Shurrn
Did I LOVE this book?
Abso-fucking-lutely!
"I want to know why I miss you when I can't even remember your name."

Victor leaned forward and kissed him. His lips and tongue invaded with fierce attention. Paul met it with desperation. Victor cradled his head and slid one thumb up against Paul's temple. "I can't risk it."
Read. This. Book.

You know I rarely give 5-star reviews.

A five star book has to hook me immediately and not let up. The story has to be original, the characters must be intriguin
Emma Sea
Oct 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Hey, this is good :) Tami's my GR friend but we don't know each other very well, and she's a new-to-me author. This was an intriguing and fresh take on a trope I had considered pretty much worn out. Well, she just proved me wrong. I don't want to spoiler anyone with details, but this is a recommended short read. Very enjoyable. Left me wanting more.
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Oct 14, 2014 rated it really liked it

3.5 star review by The Blogger Girls.

This was an enjoyable vampire story, with a bit of sexiness and mystery. Victor is the vampire who has gone against his nature and fed from Paul repeatedly. He erases Paul’s memory each time, but Paul begins to remember little things so that he questions what is going on.

They keep meeting, and although Paul doesn’t remember the previous meets, he begins to have feelings and thoughts of it not being the first time. His continuing sense of deja vu has him pres
Elizabetta

Wow. Most vampire erotica follows the usual suck and fuck tropes. While this can get pretty stale after a while, not all fangster reads are equal, and I would set this one apart.

It’s kind of a mind fuck, too, as the title suggests. The author sets up an interesting dilemma based on the ‘glamour’ aspect of vampirism. You know… where the undead can manipulate their victim’s mind and memory.

Paul meets Victor, but he seems so familiar… surely they’ve met before? The two men are magnetically drawn t
Cindi
Sep 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars, rounded up

Review can also be found at -

photo Potential-OTDU-Banner-9-Smaller2_zpsf0878d67.png

Paul is convinced he has met Victor before. Every time he sees him, there is a major sense of deja vu that bothers him. On top of the feeling of knowing he has met Victor before is the strong feeling that they've done more than just pass each other on the street or shared the same plane during Paul's frequent business trips. He is convinced that he knows Victor in an intimate way, but why can't he remember? And why does the longing he feels for
Samuel Black
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Samuel by: Shurrn
Glorious.

This book had its hooks in me from the start. This is amazing storytelling, and it blends my love of LGBT Romance with my endless infatuation with vampires.
Antoinette
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you like kinky and sexy with a while little scare them this is your book. A short erotic and somewhat frightening story, I loved it. I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Terri
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a frightening and heartbreaking tale! This story made me feel all of Paul's emotions, including fear, anxiety, lust, desperation, and love. Victor was beautiful, but he was also the terrifying vampire from nightmares, with no kindness or shame for his true identity or his treatment of Paul. The sex/biting scenes were both hot and horrible. The writing was lovely and haunting. This was a great October read that will stay with me.
I received an ARC from the author in return for an honest revie
Alexleo
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is not the typical romance between a human and a vampire; no actual HEA, more an HFN. The vampire is a real vampire, like in movies, with many supernatural powers you associate with vampires. The core element of this story is that the human heart/body knows what the mind doesn't remember. And no superpower can fool a heart in love.

This edition is a longer version of a short story previously published in an M/M Anthology of the author. And I would love that the author writes an even lon
Esther Alayeto
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this short, quick read. Victor and Paul are wonderful characters with great chemistry and llots of passion. I really like that even with supernatural, vampire powers, love can not be completely erased from the mind and heart, recognition and feelings always remain! True love really wins!
Ann
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Paul meets Victor and knows he has seen him before. They hook up and he knows Victor is hiding a secret. Is he safe?
A spooky Groundhog Day story just right for this Halloween.
multitaskingmomma
Original Blog Post: Pre-Release eARC Review: En Memoriam, Vampire by Tami Veldura

My Rating: 4 of 4 Stars
(Based on Short&Light Read)

En Memoriam lives up to its meaning: into memory. The memories swiped creep into the present only to be swiped once more. It should only have been a one-time bite but it went on far longer than what Victor planned. He never thought he would meet someone who would not only enjoy the experience but to crave it. What he thought was lust on the part of his prey, he
Joyfully Jay
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jason
A Joyfully Jay review.

5 stars

En Memoriam follows a vampire and the human he feeds from, but Veldura went in a different direction from other authors. This story explored the effects of a vampire repeatedly feeding and wiping the memory of one human and how that affects the human long term.

For a short story, both the characters were satisfying and had sufficient depth for my liking. I found that the story flowed well, although I wondered at the length of time Paul worked on the project that had
Ana
Sep 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was a really interesting story . I liked how Victor was even intriguing Until the end of the book . It kept my attention all the time, guessing what was all about . The thing i liked the most was the yearning in Paul , wishing for something he cannot even put a name on, really good story.
Hpstrangelove
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: calibre, m-m, mp3
This novella is an expansion of a short story found in the Fanged collection.

I enjoyed this story very much. I think the author did a great job expanding and adding to the original story. Anyone who enjoys vampires will certainly enjoy this story.
Lindsay
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hot and intense

I loved this story. I already have a vampire kink and this hit all mine.
Love the disjointedness of the story and how Victor is with Paul
Love Bytes Reviews
This book was read and reviewed by Elizabetta for Love Bytes Reviews.
Mofy
Katerina Black Stilinski
Apr 19, 2015
Smutsonian
Tami Veldura
Jun 23, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Helle
Autumn
Carolyn Paisley
* N aka Nikki
Nov 06, 2014
Tami Veldura is an enby/aro/ace author of queer fiction. Hir pronouns are sie/hir/Mx. Sie loves romance, fantasy, science fiction, and paranormal stories that push genre limits. Sie lives in California where sie writes full-time which means procrastinating as often as possible with video games. Dragons fascinate hir, a consistent schedule eludes hir, and sie makes a terrible housewife, just ask Mr ...more