Start by marking “The Key (The Engelsfors Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Key (The Engelsfors Trilogy, #3)

The Key

(Engelsfors #3)

The final installment of the Engelsfors Trilogy—an international sensation with rights sold in 29 countries—The Key combines thrilling action and dark magic with all the passion and drama of teen life. The result is nothing less than explosive.

By the end of the second book, Fire, the remaining Chosen Ones know they are the last defense against the mysterious, demonic force
Published October 30th 2015 by Harry N. Abrams (first published November 2013)

Start your review of The Key (The Engelsfors Trilogy, #3)
Ben Alderson
Feb 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I can not believe this series is over!
Best ending ever, I NEED MORE BOOKS!

I really hope they are writing a companion series, or a series based 10 years after these events!
WOULD BE AWESOME!
carolina ☾
May 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dystopia, read-in-e
One must be afraid of power, always. Power is dangerous and must be handled with caution, carefully examined and cared for. Above all, it must be shared.

What a mess .
So confusing. So long.
I'm so happy i got to read this trilogy. It's wonderful. The plot. The world-building. The characters.
Especially the characters.. It's not a common YA series. Not everyone gets a happy ending, not every girl gets a love interest and this girls are definitely not stereotypical.
This girls have grown so much on
Nicole
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'M NOT OKAY ...more
Sad Sunday (If I say it's bad, it's bad)
Who saves the world most of the time? School girls with super powers or super guys in latex costumes.

description

This time we are talking about school girls with super powers. And most of the time such stories turn out to be very cheesy (and the center of attention is some boy, not, uhummm, saving the world). But I think M.Strandberg managed to wrap up the story pretty well, and give us an enjoyable book. I think this one of my favorite YA fantasy series.

What I particularity liked was well built environme
Stina
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: trilogies-series, own
I could've sworn I had already written a review on this when I finished it a bit ago, but apparently not. Or if I did, it's definitely gone. I think.

Anyways, I enjoyed this book somewhat extremely. The ending, the characters, the plot — it was all very right and fitting. As I have said when I recommend this series to anyone, the plot isn't all that original, but the take on the trope is very well done. It doesn't have to be too original to work.

This series is ultra close to my heart, I believe i
Esther (Chapter Adventures)
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic ending for a great trilogy. The writing, the plot, and the characters all got stronger with each book, resulting in a story that I never wanted to end. Was this book perfect? No, not really. It started of slow, it was probably longer than necessary, and there were unecessary moments here and there, but I was so involved in the plot and the girls's lives that I didn't mind. So I'm giving it all 5 stars and know that I'll carry the characters with me for a long time.

The stakes were def
Johanna
(I read this book in Swedish)

The Key is another great book in the Engelsfors trilogy. It's definitely too long, but still a really good book with an interesting storyline and lots of plot twists.

I never knew what was going to happen next, or who you were supposed to trust. (view spoiler)
Emily
☆☆★★ 4.5 magical stars! ★★☆☆

(I just reread my whole review and realized that I forgot to tell you what this book is about, oops! I don't really wanna spoil you though, so everything I'm gonna say is that it's about witches and demons.)

I rarely read stuff that isn't "mainstream", "everybody-has-read-it" YA. I have this fear that if a book doesn't have at least 10K ratings or an average rating of 4 stars, I wont like it. That obviously I should go for the more read books, the books with tons of
Marie the Librarian
For being a very big book it was so intense and full of turns! You never really knew what was coming and I've read 845 pages in 5 days. So there it is. Man, I love the characters. So much. A wonderful trilogy. I love it. ...more
Jess
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
my babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
artemis
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: the-lgbts
"What shall we do next?" "Keep on saving the world."

I really, really loved this - The Key was, without a doubt, the best book of the trilogy.
Kiki Z
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was ok
If I thought the first two books in this series were a marathon to read, I don't know how to describe this one. It felt like it went on forever. I was increasingly annoyed with the characters, a huge portion of it could have been cut down or removed without seriously harming the narrative, and I didn't like the ending. This entire series has been bogged down by an excessive amount of details and an unrelenting bleakness. (Like a lot of Scandinavian fiction, which is why I tend not to like it). T ...more
Mônica
this took me literally two years to finish but i did it??? and overall the end was beautiful and sad and everything I wanted and I’m going to miss my girls more than anything, what an amazing bunch they all are, I’m really happy I read this series.
Karina Eliassen
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. Just. WOW! Amaaaaazing ending to this story (tho I dooo want more!)

Need to think more on what to write. One thousands stars. Yes. That should do.
Nad
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i'm crying i can't believe this serie is over. i love my girls so fucking much gimms mord ...more
Ell Eastwood
The final battle is finally here, and as always the question is not whether or not the heroes will succeed in saving the world, but whether or not the authors will succeed in successfully wrapping everything up properly.

My rating should tell you what I think. They wrap it up nicely, and without spoiling too much I will say that in this book the inspiration from Buffy the vampire slayer becomes clearer than in the other two. Not saying that is a bad thing though.

While I may not love every decisio
sally
Feb 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's lucky I don't have uni tomorrow because I stayed up way longer than I should've to finish this, and I am so awake with adrenaline right now.

I quite like how everything played out. Even though the major battle was won and the main characters got their happy endings, as it were, everything hasn't been neatly wrapped up; there's still work to be done, figuring out this new world, in the light of everything that's happened. The best endings aren't endings at all.
Dan
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
This book just flew by even though it's over 800 pages! The Key really did a good job at wrapping up this adictive trilogy of modern witches in Sweden. I could not put it down. My only issue is that some characters really got on my nerves at times and some parts could be a bit slow when compared to the rest of the book. Besides all of that, I found The Key to be enjoyable and would definitely recommend if you're looking for some Paranormal/Urban Fantasy with tons of fun and diversity! ...more
Andrea Booklover
AHHH VILKEN UNDERBAR BOK.
Tomb
May 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Now I kinda want a new series about the world after the events of this book. Maybe with a lot more ninja sharks.
BookAholic12
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ckeck out my rewview on http://marwez.blogg.se/?tmp=820247 ...more
Martina
Mar 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! This one surely went out with a bang. Can't really say that much without spoiling the whole thing but I really recommend everyone to read this trilogy. It's really good! ...more
Julia
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ruined my life i'm gonna need ten years to recover ...more
Sofie
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I HAVE FINALLY FINISHED THIS BEAST.
This book has been sitting on my shelf for the last 5 YEARS and it has constantly been nagging at the back of my mind, making me feel guilty for reading other books instead of continuing with this one. I read about 200 slow pages some years ago, but then just put it down because it exhausted me and simply didn't intrigue me enough. I think part of that was me not being able to relate to the characters enough because they are all my age now, even in the same sch
Katie
This rating is probably a little low because this really was a pretty solid trilogy, but I just don't think it'll stick with me. By the end, I just felt like, yep, that was a series.

Two things:
1. Whhhhhy do so many series feel the need to add a bunch of new characters in the last book? I want the old characters! I can't get attached to new ones!
2. Forever sad the promised (view spoiler) didn't really work for me. (view spoiler)
Priscilla
Jan 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Priscilla by: Angelitha en Caitlin
Becky
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: teen, translated
If you haven't read the trilogy, I definitely DO NOT RECOMMEND starting with The Key. You have to read them in order or you'll be totally lost! That said, I'm going to give a spoiler-feee review, or as close to, my absolute best shot here.

Here goes!

The Chosen Ones have suffered greatly over the past year and now their circle is down to four. Unfortunately, things are only going to get worse. Through Matilda, the girls learn that the end is truly nigh. In fact, it's said they'll finally be facin
Sess
So I will totally have a book hangover now after reading this.
Ruth
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I can't recommend this trilogy enough. The final installment was riveting. Admittedly, it took a little push to get into the action but once it did, the way characters weaved in and out of one another's lives was so carefully teased out. I loved the connections and bond between all the Chosen Ones, particularly between those who were mis-matched in some way; the development of how they all grow closer and become vitally important to one another is truly the most wonderful part. Thematically, thi ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Norra Latin (Stockholmsserien #1)
  • Ja jag har mens, hurså?
  • I taket lyser stjärnorna
  • Syskonkärlek
  • Flyga högt
  • Expert på att rodna
  • Råta (Ravneringene, #2)
  • Som jag vill vara
  • När hundarna kommer
  • Ondskan
  • Pojkarna
  • Inuti huvudet är jag kul
  • Bergtagen (Järvhögatrilogin #1)
  • Doctor Glas
  • Du, bara
  • Odinsbarn (Ravneringene, #1)
  • Evna (Ravneringene, #3)
  • Agnes Cecilia
Mats Strandberg is an award-winning novelist and journalist. He is a regular columnist for Sweden's biggest evening newspaper, has been named Columnist of the Year by Sweden's Newspapers and Magazines organization, and had published three previous novels, with rights sold in numerous countries. ...more

Engelsfors (3 books)
  • Cirkeln (Engelsfors, #1)
  • Eld (Engelsfors, #2)