Start by marking “Legend: The Graphic Novel (Legend: The Graphic Novel, #1)” as Want to Read:
Legend: The Graphic Novel (Legend: The Graphic Novel, #1)

Legend: The Graphic Novel

(Legend: The Graphic Novel #1)

Born into an elite family in one of the Republic's wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a military prodigy. Born into the slums of the Republic’s Lake Sector, fifteen-year-old Day is the country’s most wanted criminal. But his motives are not as sinister as they often seem. One day June’s brother is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Now, Day is in a rac ...more
Published April 21st 2015 by G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Legend, please sign up.
Laura Omg reading this graphic novel is like skimming though the actual book. Read it!

Start your review of Legend: The Graphic Novel (Legend: The Graphic Novel, #1)
NReads
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It was a nostalgic read, because I miss Legend, and I had a great time reading it.

Awesome graphics, amazing writing, brilliant novel.
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
I loved the story line just like the physical novel. 5 stars for the awesome graphics!

Happy Reading!

Mel 🖤🐺
may ❀
I’ve made some terrible decisions in my life, but I haven’t made one THIS bad in a while :’)

description

I mean, I was barely 20 pages in and I was already tearing up BC DAMMIT MARIE LU CAN YOU NOT BE A MONSTER FOR 25 SECONDS SHEESH

Anyways, I just want everyone to know that I love my husband Day Altan Wing with all my heart and I would die for him. That’s all.

Also the graphics are 11/10 (tho, the characters are supposed to be Asian and they don’t look Asian, what the hell is that about???!!)
Melissa
Feb 05, 2015 rated it really liked it

(Source picture: Instagram @melissa_reads)

I would only recommend this to people who've already read the book(s). Because if I didn't already have all those feels about Day and June, I don't think I would have liked it that much. Yes, it is quite rushed but obviously that's normal. The graphics are awesome and it absolutely lived up to my imagination (I just imagined Metias hotter :p). All the feels I had when I read the book came back to me and now I definitely want to reread it!
I hope there wil
Anastasia
Jul 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
4/5 stars.

Born into an elite family in one of the Republic's wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a military prodigy. Born into the slums of the Republic’s Lake Sector, fifteen-year-old Day is the country’s most wanted criminal. But his motives are not as sinister as they often they seem. One day June’s brother is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Now, Day is in a race for his family’s survival, while June tries desperately to avenge her brother’s death. And the two unco
Mara
Apr 28, 2015 rated it did not like it
The characters looked awesome but it was way too short. They left out so much and the stuff that made it in it was rushed and totally out of pace. Sad me.
Elle
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I looooooved this. But I have one question, why isn’t June’s hair black?? Same with her brother, their hair is supposed to be black and their eyes are supposed to be almost black with gold specks but here they have brown eyes and hair.

Also wished this books was longer, don’t get me wrong it was amazing but it ended too quickly...

And Ollie is the cutest thing I’ve ever seen

————————————————————————
My sister bought me this whole trilogy for my birthday and I’ve never been happier
Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always
OVERVIEW
If you've already read and loved Legend, definitely pick up a copy of the graphic novel! It'll be enough to bring back your feels and memories. If not, skip it. There isn't enough details for you to get a complete Legend experience.

No, seriously. I'm a HUGE fan of Legend, and I legitimately got the feels before Day and June even met. I can't help being a fangirl, okay? It's in my system.

ART AND COLOR
The art felt a lot like manga for me, which of course won me over. The artwork wasn't det
Tina Haigler
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novel
This ended up being really good! I liked the dystopian world and characters. The pace was good and the art was fantastic. At first I wasn't sure where the story was going but I loved where it went. Lots of different emotions with this one. would recommend this to people who enjoy world building and dystopian fiction.
Saania Zee Jamal ϟ
I'd forgotten about the existence of this book until accidentally chancing upon it at a bookstore the other day. Naturally, I had to purchase it instantly in my haste, and proceeded to start reading it straight away– only to be sorely disappointed.

Perhaps the fault lies in my unrealistic expectations; perhaps all visualizations of books are usually played out like this. Naturally, fitting in 300 pages worth of writing into 160 worth of visuals is an impossible task– but for me, this graphic nove
Shannon (leaninglights)
Apr 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
So cool to have a graphic novel of Legend! Definitely don't read it until you've read Legend because it won't make sense. Due to its drastically shorter length than the original book, it obviously removed a lot of details - some which I didn't mind and other that I did. I docked a star for that and also that it felt a bit choppy at times. Definitely makes me want to pick up the trilogy for a reread though! I hope they continue and make graphics novels for the other two books as well!
Marie-Eve Castonguay
Jul 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
AHHHHHHH!!!!! THIS IS HAPPENING!!! 2015?!? I NEED IT NOWWW! *FANGIRLING* I'm gonna re-read the hole series tomorrow i think:') if i could read that fast:') I'm sure that this is going to be PER.FECT.

Nicole aka FromReading2Dreaming
I didn't realize I already read this... Review below!!!
-----------------------------------------------
This was one of the best book to graphic novel adaptations I have ever read.

It's essentially Legend with pictures, which made it a little confusing to understand some things because Marie Lu's descriptions make the story feel real. With the bulk of the descriptions gone, though, it was very hard to understand, and if the reader has never read the actual book, then they are going to feel VERY los
Jun 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, young-adult
I loved the drawings, but it was so short and some scenes seemed a bit rushed. Nevertheless, it brought back the feels, and now I want to reread the whole trilogy!
Grace (LovingDemBooks) Z.
Buy this book HERE on Amazon or buy this book HERE on BookDepository with FREE WORLDWIDE SHIIPPING

3 out of 5 stars (Please read my rating system further below). Thank you so much to Penguin Teen for sending me this! It had been 3 years since I finished the conclusion to the amazing trilogy by Marie Lu, so it was great to have a refresher. I zipped through this in less than 30 minutes and found myself feeling exactly the way I did 3 years ago after finishing. The graphic novel is very sim
Iara
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WHY DO I ONLY KNOW ABOUT THIS NOW? BLOODY HELL A LEGEND GRAPHIC NOVEL. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YES.
spooky andromeda
Okay, so, this was a super quick read, but it was still amazing! For the life of me I couldn't picture June (I kept thinking, how can a ponytail be elegant?), but this really helped. Now I see her! Anywho, it made me so happy to see Day and June kiss, just a cute fan girl squee moment.
Jacquelyn
Feb 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the Legend novel and I am glad I read this! I found it at the library today and immediately dove in. It was great "rereading" Legend. I loved the art style and it was all so fast paced. Really well done in my opinion!
vorpalone
Mar 06, 2015 marked it as to-read
THIS CANNOT COME SOON ENOUGH!!!
Neil (or bleed)
Mar 17, 2018 rated it liked it
GAGO ANG SAKIT PA RIN!

Anyway, cool art but I do think this graphic novel didn't depict Legend perfectly or at least convincingly.

The connection is not there between the main characters. It helped that I loved the novel so remembering what I've read (and loved) while reading this graphic novel was enough.
Suraya (thesuraya)
Sep 17, 2016 rated it liked it
ok how do i review this

DISCLAIMER: if u havent read the legend trilogy and u wish to read the graphic novel first, ABORT MISSION. you will have a horrible experience, and you'd regret it bcs Legend is a great novel and this graphic version isnt doing it justice.

The graphic, drawing, coloring etc side of this graphic novel is beautiful. i LOVE how the cartoonist(?) drew june and day. I don't like long-haired guys but Day is perfect in this, and well, June is gorgeous. Bonus point for that.

Plot-
Raegan   Ralls
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Lovers of graphic novels and Marie Lu's work.
-Disclaimer: I won this book for free through goodreads giveaways in exchange for an honest review.-

I really, really enjoyed this graphic novel! I am probably one of the few who preferred this to the actual original book. I gave the original Legend book three stars. I liked Legend but not enough to continue the series. Due to it being a little fast-paced for my taste. I had a hard time keeping up with what was going on and that made me very frustrated and want to stop reading the book. Just when
Ari
It comes out on my BIRTHDAY!!
Arhhh, I want this so badly! I'll have the best birthday present ever!

____________________________________________

Blog (EN) | Facebook | Twitter | Tumblr | Booklikes | Blog (RO)
____________________________________________
*prays to pete wentz*

*freaking dies*
Nurhayati Ramlan
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was ok

2 stars solely for the beautiful illustration. Plotwise? mehh...
《Maram》
Jul 30, 2019 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed the novel Legend so I picked up the graphic novel.

The graphic novel is 90% like the book but it was very short and quick, it should have been longer. Also, the characters look a lot older than they are.
Zack Jay
Jul 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
didn't know where this book was going at the start but was glad that it's closure is just what I wanted
Marshal (thebookishhowler)
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: physical-copy
It’s been 2 years since I’ve read Legend, and reading this illustrated edition has me begging again for more!
So MUCH feelings came rushing back after I’ve finished this and I never thought how much I’ve missed Day and June! Ohh, how precious they are!

I’m really looking forward to have a reread of the Legend trilogy soon!
RainySun
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Did I cry? I sure did 😭😭

I loved reliving this book again but this time in a different form, and its just as good!!

Definitely would have to have read the book in order to read the graphic novel, because its too short for it to cover everything from the book. But I loved it, Legend a favorite book of mine :)

and the GRAPHICS!!! are AMAZING!!
Azbaqiyah
Sep 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
The pacing was too fast or I'm reading to fast? (I read this one only for 10 minutes).

This is my first time reading a graphic novel other than manga so the feeling is kinda different.

I think there is a lot of plot holes so I better find the book to read.

• Cress: Chapters 1-5
  • Batman: Nightwalker
  • Divergent Parody: Detergent
  • Wires and Nerve (Wires and Nerve, #1)
  • Bear
  • 5 Worlds Book 4: The Amber Anthem
  • Wires and Nerve, Volume 2: Gone Rogue (Wires and Nerve, #2)
  • Pumpkinheads
  • Frostbite: The Graphic Novel (Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel, #2)
  • The Supernaturalist: The Graphic Novel
  • Batman: Overdrive
  • Fragments of Femininity
  • COVID-128 (The Lunar Chronicles #4.6)
  • Teen Titans: Beast Boy
  • Lois Lane and the Friendship Challenge
  • The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (Millennium: The Graphic Novels, #3)
  • Uglies: Cutters (Uglies: Graphic Novel, #2)
  • The Giver: Graphic Novel
[Note: Many apologies, but I'm woefully bad at checking my Goodreads emails! If you'd like to send a note/msg, please catch me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Marie_Lu . Thanks!]

I write young adult novels, and have a special love for dystopian books. Ironically, I was born in 1984. Before becoming a full-time writer, I was an Art Director at a video game company. Now I shuffle around at home and ta

Legend: The Graphic Novel (3 books)
  • Prodigy: The Graphic Novel (Legend: The Graphic Novel, #2)
  • Champion: The Graphic Novel (Legend: The Graphic Novel, #3)