Start by marking “Overcome (Breeds #5.5, 10.5, 11.5)” as Want to Read:
Overcome (Breeds #5.5, 10.5, 11.5)

Overcome

(Breeds #5.5, 10.5, 11.5)

The #1 New York Times bestselling author of Bengal's Quest ignites the most dangerous instincts known to man, woman, and beast in these Breed novellas, collected in one volume for the first time.

The Breed Next Door
Published February 3rd 2015 by Berkley (first published November 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Overcome, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Overcome

Start your review of Overcome (Breeds #5.5, 10.5, 11.5)
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
3 for 1 - well worth it!

I wish I knew prior to purchasing “The Breed Next Door” that it was included in this book, because I wouldn’t have bought it separately. The other two in this book aren’t found anywhere else. Though I will include my review of that book here also since that is one of the books in this anthology.

The Breed Next Door (Breeds, #5.5).

This story is about Tarek Jordan, a Lion Breed who escaped the labs at age 10 because he was the runt of the litter and overheard his trainer say
Lara
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: rooooomance
These are my problems with the Breeds, and the reasons I have stopped reading the full-length novels.

--I understand she's trying to convey the intensity of mating heat, but all the words used don't make it sound erotic. There are wombs clenching, nerves pulsing, dicks aching, and there's so much screaming and snarling during sex that it doesn't sound either pleasurable or fun.

--Breed males are dominant and possessive, fine. Breed males behave like jerks, refuse to let their mates do one thing al
Wendy
Aug 01, 2015 rated it did not like it
So much potential for ridiculous double entendre when you have a series called "Breed," just wasted in "novellas" that are silly and extremely repetitive. The foreword explains what these "Breeds" are about:

They were created, they weren't born. They were trained, they weren't raised. They were taught to kill, and now they'll use their training to ensure their freedom. They are Breeds. Genetically altered with the DNA of the predators of the earth. The wolf, the lion, the cougar, the Bengal; t
gremlin
Feb 04, 2015 rated it liked it
The description implies that these are all reprints, but since I had to go hunting to see if I've read them all before (yes), I'll collect the info here.

The Breed Next Door was printed in Hot Spell (2006).
In a Wolf’s Embrace was printed in Beyond the Dark (2007).
A Jaguar’s Kiss was printed in Shifter (2008).
Wolf (Alpha)
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-read
I loved this book. I loved how Tarek protected Lyra with no hesitation whatsoever. I love how Tarek tells Lyra about them being mates and how Lyra takes it very well. I love how they work through problems and begin to love each other. I love how Matthias and Grace meet and how Matthias is so protective of Grace immediately. I love Grace and how she fights alongside him through everything. I love how she finally gives into Matthias and how they become mates. I love Saban and how he takes an insta ...more
Kelly
Aug 06, 2017 rated it liked it
3 - 3 1/2 stars

Overcome is 3 novellas in the Breeds series. All 3 were quick, easy reads following a very similar pattern. The male breed meets their human female mate, the mating phenomenon begins, there's some form of danger, and then their HEA. Story done. Being a novella, the plot is wrapped up pretty quickly.
Elizabeth Mckernan
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
these books were amazing
Dahrose
May 16, 2016 rated it liked it
The Breeds series by Lora Leigh is a great concept - problem is - the author never really developed it further than - hot dominant alpha Breed Male, meets woman - mating ensues - a bad guy is defeated - the end.
These books tend to be a little repetitive and the h & H's are interchangeable and just blur together. I don't have a particular favourite because none stand out in my memory.
Good - but never great.
The Neighbor
Aug 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 3-paperback
I read all three of these novellas when they were first published. They were fantastic then, I can't imagine them being any less so now that they are all together in the same place. ...more
Melody Hillier
read them as singles all are amazing stories!
Tina
Not the best of the Breed books. The hero came across as a selfish bastard ... he deliberately caused the mating heat without telling the woman about it first.
Laverne Brewster
Dec 19, 2018 rated it liked it
3.00 Stars. An audiobook with narration by Lily Bask. This book is a collection of three earlier works that were part of anthologies featuring other writers. The first story, THE BREED NEXT DOOR, is the story of Tarek Jordan, a Lion Breed Enforcer and his ex door neighbor, blond haired, blue-eyed White human and eventual breed mate, Lyra Mason. The second story, IN A WOLD'S EMBRACE, is the story of Matthias Slaughter, a Wolf Breed Enforcer and Grace Anderson, a grey-eyed, blonde, creamy flush Wh ...more
Leslie Strobel Madrzak
I am just rating "A Wolf's Embrace" right now.

The first 1/3 of the book-H is very naive and judgmental. Yes, she hasn't read the books as we have, but the Breeds and the ongoing violence have been big news, yet she is "we should call the authorities", and "he didn't deserve to be murdered". Does she change her mind due to learning of previous atrocities? No, it's basically because of the mating heat.

Second 1/3 of the book-SEX.

Third 1/3 of the book-Good story. Action, in the form of coyotes and
Amanda
Feb 09, 2021 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this collection of Breed novellas. My favorite story, by far, was "The Breed Next Door" though. I found Tarek, the male lead, to be charming in his ignorance of normal human behavior. "The Breed Next Door" was also relatively low in angst which is the perfect amount for me in a novella. The other two stories were good but they did have quite a bit of fighting between the main characters as they came to terms with their new mating. After a little while, I did feel like the fighti ...more
Sandy Frediani
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Only Lora Leigh can take the c-word and make it...not offensive. Heat on a scale of 1 to 10, this book is 11 or 12. I stumbled into the Breeds by accident and am now hooked. I'd say that it'd be nice to have a bit more story and a bit less sex, but then the three stories in this one book are all short so there's really not much room for a whole lot of story. However, there's enough to keep me satisfied. Excellently written. ...more
Livey
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nice collection - in each story it amazes me that it took some extreme awful act of tragedy to get the women on board with what it means to be involved with a Breed male. I get why it is a secret but instead of listening to their internal feelings they want to govern the brain. At any rate amusement was had and passionate intimate scenes prevailed!
Debra
Mar 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
This has three different Breed stories from the Lora Leigh series. Each different breeds who were able to meet and keep their human mate. Each a different breed has his own unique way to get their mate on board to their own possessive ways. Each has their own obstacles to over come. I have read many of the breed series and enjoyed each one. This is a collection of three.
Rhonda Wise
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
The plot was a bit rushed or thin as they were novellas. I am used to better from Lora Leigh. The way they add to the Breed series though is nice - the details are good for the bones of the whole story arc. All in all, I liked the plot line.
Betty Lambert
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This anthology was great. I love reading anthologies. Lora Leigh is a great author and always know am getting a good book. In the 3 stories, I liked them all very much. There is always lots of action and passion. Highly recommend.
Melody
Jul 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lyra & Tarek, Grace & Matthias & Natalie & Saban

Thoroughly enjoyed reading the stories of these couples very much. I love reading happy ever after stories they make my day. Thank you for writing these stories.
Twilla Wickedly Sweet and Synful Book Blog
All my favorite breed stories.
Mistie
I enjoyed these novellas, they were cute stories.
Selenity Jade (Coffee Addicts Book Reviews)
An excellent collection of previously published novellas, all together in one book. Awesome.
Chrisabel
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Always a great and sexy read
Josephine
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked the first two books more then the last one.
Jeanne
May 26, 2019 rated it liked it
enough story line wrapped around the explicit sex to keep the story moving. Different lead characters finding their "mates." ...more
Ashante Williams
Jan 19, 2021 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: didn-t-finish
25 minutes and i'm already bored.. plus the narrator sounds like she smokes 60 packs a day.. needless to say DNF ...more
D.R.Slater
Overcomr

Very disappointed in the breed novel . If you wish to read page after page of same storyline. In which you the reader keeps questioning . . .did I read this before. This is the novel for you. Lora leigh let's us down and her storytelling has faltered with this novel. I am a follower and was disappointed.
Gigi
Apr 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Three short novel, within Lora Leigh's Breed Series, that captured the stories of three different breeds finding and claiming their mates. They were excellent, short, passion filled novels that leave you wanting more.

The Breed Next Door

In 'The Breed Next Door,' we meet Lyra Mason, a fiery, independent, little neighbor, whom bakes bread, tends her garden, and loves to chastise her very hot, new neighbor, Tarek Jordan.

Tarek Jordan, the Breed next door, is on a mission to track and find Genetic Co
Heather
Jan 30, 2017 rated it liked it
The Breed Next Door
Lyra thinks her new neighbor looks too good to be true. But Tarek Jordan is even more than he seems: a Breed Enforcer on the run. And even though he wants her, Tarek knows Lyra could get burned—unless she embraces the danger that comes with loving a Breed.
In a Wolf’s Embrace
Matthias and Grace are meant to mate—until he commits an act too shocking to ignore. Grace knew that the hot Breed was dangerous, but now, she fears for her own life. Yet she wonders: could it be part of so
repeats of books in previous anthologies 3 3 Feb 10, 2015 02:15PM

• Shifter (Includes: Warriors of Poseidon #2.5; Breeds #11.5; Feline Breeds, #9; Children of the Sea Prequel)
  • The Awakening (Leopard People, #0.5)
  • Beyond the Dark (Includes: Tale of the Demon World, #5; Breeds, #10.5; Wolf Breeds, #5)
  • Reckless Road (Torpedo Ink #5)
  • Desolation Road (Torpedo Ink, #4)
  • Leopard's Rage (Leopard People #12)
  • Whisper of Sin (Psy-Changeling, #0.75)
  • Angels' Flight (Guild Hunter, #0.4, #0.6, #0.8, #3.5)
  • Fugitive Mate (Silverlake Shifters, #1)
  • Conspiracy Game (GhostWalkers, #4)
  • Samurai Game (Ghostwalkers, #10)
  • Earth Bound (Sea Haven/Sisters of the Heart, #4)
  • Ruthless Game (GhostWalkers, #9)
  • Shadow Flight (Shadow Riders, #5)
  • Leopard's Fury (Leopard People, #8)
  • Alien King Crashes the Wedding (Lumerian Knights #1)
  • Rowan (Psy-Changeling, #15.1)
  • Spirit Bound (Sea Haven/Sisters of the Heart, #2)
Lora Leigh lives in the rolling hills of Kentucky, often found absorbing the ambience of this peaceful setting. She dreams in bright, vivid images of the characters intent on taking over her writing life, and fights a constant battle to put them on the hard drive of her computer before they can disappear as fast as they appeared. Lora’s family, and her writing life co-exist, if not in harmony, in ...more

Breeds (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • The Man Within (Breeds, #2; Feline Breeds, #2)
  • Elizabeth's Wolf (Breeds, #3; Wolf Breeds, #1)
  • Kiss of Heat (Breeds, #4; Feline Breeds, #3)
  • Soul Deep (Breeds, #5; Coyote Breeds, #1)
  • Megan's Mark (Breeds, #6; Feline Breeds, #5)
  • Harmony's Way (Breeds, #7; Feline Breeds, #6)
  • Tanner's Scheme (Breeds, #8; Feline Breeds, #7)
  • Jacob's Faith (Breeds, #9; Wolf Breeds, #3)
  • Aiden's Charity (Breeds, #10; Wolf Breeds, #4)