Start by marking “Her Secret, His Surprise” as Want to Read:
Her Secret, His Surprise

Her Secret, His Surprise

***This is a Red-Hot Bliss Title! As such, it contains sexual content***

Conflict of interest is an understatement…

Published July 14th 2014 by Entangled Publishing, LLC - Bliss

To ask other readers questions about Her Secret, His Surprise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Secret, His Surprise

wrecked_life
Jul 06, 2014 wrecked_life rated it it was amazing
Still as good as previous version :)

This book was so much better than I had expected. Its a well written book that had me hooked from start till end. All the characters are superbly created and the story flows effortlessly which makes it so much more fun to read. Most importantly its pace is exactly what it should have been, no slow/annoying parts. It is book that every romance lover will enjoy reading for sure. I did! :)

Cass and Logan turned out to be an awesome fictitious couple. Cass, who ran
Carol-Ann
Jul 12, 2014 Carol-Ann rated it it was amazing
A fantastic read loved it from the very first page till the last page. A very engaging story loved cass stone who had been disowned by her father and family and she desperately wanted to prove them wrong that she could make a life for herself, she had a one night stand with Logan Alexander leaving her a single mum, Logan hasn't forgot that special night he spent with cass two years ago,He is back in cass life but can't afford complications with his job it's difficult enough for him to maintain h ...more
Elle Markov
Jul 16, 2014 Elle Markov rated it really liked it
Career driven girl meets cute bartender, they hit it off and spend the night. A month or so later, girl is over the toilet tossing her cookies and uh oh, you guessed it, she's pregnant. Tries to find bartender and if you guessed he's no longer there, then you are correct.

SKIP ABOUT 2 YEARS [this is where the story really picks up]

Logan is a CSIS agent [which from what I gathered is like the Canadian NCIS] and former bartender [he was undercover].

Cass is an engineer, with a cute little baby gi
Nicola
Jun 23, 2014 Nicola rated it really liked it
This is one of those books that you pick up and before you know it you've reached the end. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Cass and Logan were completely endearing characters. Cass is strong, determined and focussed on giving her daughter the life and love she never had. Her daughter who arrived after a one-night stand with a barman she tried and failed to find. But when Logan walks through the door as her new admin assistant a whole can of worms are opened in and out of the office.

Heart-felt, touchin
Sam
Jul 01, 2014 Sam rated it it was amazing
This has to be one of the sweetest books Ive read in a long time. I mean who can go wrong with Secret babies and secret undercover work. What I loved about this story was the fact that it really did have the whole real feel to it. You werent only following the storyline of Cass and Logan but you had the secret undercover work he had to do as well. Logan is a fantastic lead male and so sweet, I loved how the author made him struggle within himself for what he wanted. Cass's character was a little ...more
Bette Hansen
Jul 04, 2014 Bette Hansen rated it really liked it
After an incredible night with a handsome stranger Cass's life will never be the same. Two years and one baby girl later Logan is back in here life. This is a fabulous story and the chemistry between the characters is sizzling but there are so many secrets that need to be shared. I highly recommend this one!
Dianne
Aug 02, 2015 Dianne rated it liked it
I feel like this story was too simple for me. I feel like the author tried to squeeze in some drama here and there but failed. There were so many missed opportunities that could have been written into the story. I was bored a bit with the story. Don't get me wrong, it was a nice story with a cute happily ever after but it just wasn't enough for me to get hooked.
Robin Bielman
Jul 12, 2014 Robin Bielman rated it it was amazing
This secret and surprise makes for one swoon worthy read! I loved Logan and Cass! Loved their chemistry and oh my gosh, loved how sweet Logan was and how he and Cass tap-danced around each other. This book put a huge smile on my face, and I didn't want it to end!
Char (1RadReader59)
Jul 21, 2014 Char (1RadReader59) rated it it was amazing
Cass Stone had always been a head strong and high spirited child. This totally did not go over well with her judgmental, strong handed, and verbally abusive minister father. So, it was no wonder when she was five and she tried to run away, not getting far due to a neighbor, and she was hit and she hit him back. Not winning her any points with her father and dubbing her a willful child. From that moment on she knew she needed to get away.
She ran away at 15 and was gone for 3 months until all th
Margaret
Jun 26, 2014 Margaret rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

I just love my romances with a bit of suspense and mystery, but am usually not a huge fan of the whole secret baby trope…little did I know what a fabulous read I was in for, and that the secret baby aspect only added to the depth of the story. From their first encounter at the hotel bar all the way up to the end of the story I was pulled right into Cass and Logan’s story. There was the perfect mix of romance and suspense in this book, and I just loved everything about it, especially the
Laura Greenwood
Review forthcoming on http://a-reader-lives-a-thousand-live...

I received a copy of Her Secret, His Surprise in exchange for my review.

Two years ago Cass and Logan had a one night stand that neither of them could forget. Especially as Cass got pregnant. After trying to find Logan and failing, she gets on with her life. Now with Olivia the main focus of her life, Cass is surprised when Logan turns up as her temporary administrative assistant...or so she thinks. Logan works for CSIS, and has come i
Becky
Jul 08, 2014 Becky rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary, arc
I haven't read very many "secret baby" stories, but if they're all like this one, I may change my mind...

I loved Her Secret, His Surprise--didn't want to put it down! The characters were great, their chemistry was smoking, and their baby was adorable--and realistic! I loved that she wasn't always the perfect child; some of those fictional kids (much like fictional dogs) just make me feel so inadequate at times. It's refreshing to see ones that act up from time to time :)

Logan was a great charact
Melissa
Jul 14, 2014 Melissa rated it really liked it
Cass Stone is all about her career. She has to prove herself in a male dominated role which just sucks, but that's what she wanted. So thinking she just nailed a major client at a conference she decides to step out on the wild side with a certain bartender at her hotel. Not that there's anything wrong with a bartender, but she's all about careet.

Logan Alexander can't seem to get a certain cute contractor out of his mind and that only leaves one thing to do. Take her to bed of course, but when tw
Heather Anne
Jul 06, 2014 Heather Anne rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-reads
In this contemporary romance with an intense sexual charge, you'll find yourself flying through the pages and the story of Cass & Logan. Her Secret, His Surprise by Paula Altenburg is about Cass, a young girl who was kicked out of her house at the age of 18 for being the wild child and not sticking to her father's strict rules. She's made a name for herself though by making it through college and getting a decent paying job. When attending a conference at a hotel, she thinks playing it rough ...more
Evelyn Hustis
Jun 29, 2014 Evelyn Hustis rated it really liked it
Shelves: entangled
I wasn't sure what to expect when I received this from Entangled. The title made me think this was going to be somewhat like the old Harlequin novels my mom read. I should have known better since I've always liked the books I've received from Entangled.

Cass grew up in a very strict family. Unfortunately for teenage Cass, she was never a pushover. She couldn't fit into the mold her father tried to put her in. When he had enough, he sent her on her way. She put herself through school, and entered
LJT
Jun 29, 2014 LJT rated it it was amazing
Her Secret, His Surprise is a well-written, sexually charged, contemporary romance. The characters are well defined and the quick-paced plot flows effortlessly from beginning to end. This is the first book I have read by Paula Altenburg and I can't wait to discover more from her book library. In addition, this story has a wonderful and engaging ending, which continues to make me smile whenever I think about Cass and Logan, the couple in this book.

I love stories about secret babies. After a passi
Stacie Christensen
Jul 18, 2014 Stacie Christensen rated it it was amazing
Since being disowned by her strict father, Cass Stone has spent her adulthood trying to prove him wrong. Her drive has led to more success than her family ever thought she’d achieve, and life is looking great. Not even an incredible and mysterious one night stand that leaves her a single mom can trip her up...until the father of her baby stumbles back into her life, as sexy and unreliable as ever.

Logan Alexander hasn’t forgotten the night he spent with Cass two years ago, but he never expects to
Jaime ~ Fiction Fangirls Book Review
I love a good surprise pregnancy book and this one was extra fun because the plot was so much more than just your average surprise baby story.

I love the parts with Logan and Emily the most. He was so good with her and you could feel his love for her from the very second he realizes that she is his.

The chemistry between Cass and Logan is immediate and strong but in order for them to ever work out he'll need to get past his anger and she'll need to stop being so judgemental.

The romance was sweet
Larissa
Jul 15, 2014 Larissa rated it it was amazing
This Red Hot Bliss title is a fun, well-crafted read. Cass Stone accepts single-motherhood when a one-night stand leaves her with more than expected. But when Logan Alexander shows up at her work two years later, she’s not sure she wants to share her daughter—especially with someone as irresponsible as Logan seems to be.

Except she doesn’t know everything about Logan, either. And the attraction between them cannot be denied.

I really enjoyed this title. One-night stand and forbidden romance are p
Andrea M.
Jul 16, 2014 Andrea M. rated it really liked it
Are you looking for a contemporary romance with a heroine who has a position of power? Then Her Secret, His Surprise by Paula Altenburg might be that summer read you’re looking for. The story realistically portrayed some of the struggles Cass had as a working mother and associated with her having a high level of responsibility in the workplace. Her position as a director was intriguing and it was nice that she wasn't depicted in a role commonly found in romance novels. I loved Cass's strong will ...more
Linda
Jul 11, 2014 Linda rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, contemporary
DELIGHTFULLY SWEET AND HOT!

I found HER SECRET, HIS SURPRISE by Paula Altenburg to be a sexually-charged, very entertaining contemporary romance. In my opinion, you just can't go wrong with an Entangled Bliss title if you're looking for a quick sweet romance and this title is a sure fire standout. There's not a dull moment in the book and once I started it, I couldn't put it down.

My full review has been published at Reading Between the Wines Book Club. Check it out here: http://www.readingbetwe
Jessica Alcazar
ooooooooooooooooo what a great read!
Whenever I read a romance book that involves a child, I get all giddy. The child just makes the story so happy and heart-warming LOL and Olivia was just awesome!
The chemistry between Cass and Logan jumped right out of the pages for me. It felt real. I loved every minute of it.
The story itself was easy to read. it was quick and witty and very romantic.
I really liked this book! I look forward to more Paula Altenburg novels!
Thank you NetGalley for the opportunity
Negar Arvanaghi
Jun 27, 2014 Negar Arvanaghi rated it it was amazing
I'm a sucker for secret baby books. Some of them end up being too angsty, though. That is not the case here. She wasn't trying to hide her daughter from him. She wanted her to have a dad. I liked the fact that they worked, and details about the job were included. It wasn't just all romance, all the time.

And he is hawt. Can we find a real-life version? And clone him?

Olivia was adorable. I love romances with babies in them.

I received an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
Jul 04, 2014 Emily (Mrs B's Books) rated it really liked it
** Copy provided by Netgalley and Entangled Publishing, LLC for an honest review**

This book is filled with sexual tension and a sweetness with Logan and his new found daughter Olivia.

Logan and Cass make a good couple, and its nice to see in a book that just because someone has had a shitty past, that they can't be a stronger person for it without thinking of themselves as weak. For this it was quite refreshing.

Its definitely a book for all romance lovers and it was a quick read.
Shari
Jul 13, 2014 Shari rated it it was amazing
Loved this book from the first page. One hot night of passion between Cass and Logan, ends up with a pregnancy. Fast forward, two years and Logan becomes her neighbor, not knowing about her secret. I fell in love with Logan on how caring he was towards Cass and Olivia. Loved the chemistry between these two, even though they each had their own secrets.
I read this book in one evening, I could not put it down. I love Red Hot Bliss books. Highly recommend.
Karen
Jul 03, 2014 Karen rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Another sweet yet spicey romance from Bliss! I loved Logan and Cass's story so much! I love a good "second chance" romance and throw in a secret baby to the mix and how could I resist?! I loved the chemistry between the couple but also I just loved Olivia! This was a great read and I'm so glad I had the chance to read it!
Leana
Jul 17, 2014 Leana rated it really liked it
Quick little read that had a lot going on. I liked it and the chemistry was hot!
Christel
Jul 22, 2014 Christel rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-boyfriend
So sweet! I really liked it.
Layla
May 27, 2016 Layla rated it liked it
Nice, entertaining read with beautiful characters and I loved Olivia, I could so imagine her cute face !
  • Making Waves (Perfect Kisses, #3.5)
  • Wild About Her Wingman (Secret Wishes, #3)
  • Resisting the Rancher (Three River Ranch, #4)
  • Taming the Country Star (Hometown Heroes, #1)
  • Second Chance Ranch (Hope Springs, #1)
  • The Bouquet List
  • Wedding Date for Hire (Anyone But You, #2)
  • Racing the Hunter's Moon (Under the Hood, #3)
  • Resisting Her Rival (Stealing the Heart, #2)
  • Accidentally Married on Purpose (Love and Games, #3)
  • The Billionaire's Christmas Proposal
  • Brushing Off the Boss (Half Moon Bay, #2)
  • Secret Child, Royal Scandal (The Sherdana Royals #3)
  • Head Over Heels for the Boss (The Donovan Brothers, #3)
Paula Altenburg grew up in rural Nova Scotia knowing that at some point in her life she was likely to be a fiction writer. Swapping Louis L’Amour and Zane Grey books with her father guaranteed she wasn’t going to be the next Jane Austen, much to the dismay of her English teacher mother.

A degree in Social Anthropology from the University of King’s College and Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova S
More about Paula Altenburg...

“Did you have any trouble with Olivia?" she asked....

"Not at all. We had pizza and beer every night and stayed up until midnight watching mixed martial arts in your bedroom. She can really hold her liquor." He slid a sideways glance at Cass, taking his eyes off the road for a fraction of a second. "Yet another way in which she takes after her mother.”
2 likes
“He simply smiled at her with a soft, gentle expression in his eyes that warmed her all over, then he took her jacket from her and held it so she could slide her arms into the sleeves. His knuckles brushed against her bare shoulders, trailing prickles of heat in their wake. “You look really beautiful, Cass.” 2 likes