Start by marking “Sleeping Cinderella and Other Princess Mix-ups” as Want to Read:
Sleeping Cinderella and Other Princess Mix-ups

Sleeping Cinderella and Other Princess Mix-ups

Once upon a time, four fairy tale misses,
tired of dwarves, witches,
princes, and kisses,
so bored and fed up,
or just ready to flop,
upped and left home
for a fairy tale swap.

The fairy tale world is turned upside-down when Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Rapunzel and Snow White swap places in this hilariously clever new classic! Is the grass really greener in someone else's c
Published January 27th 2015 by Orchard Books (first published January 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Sleeping Cinderella and Other Princess Mix-ups, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sleeping Cinderella and Other Princess Mix-ups

Becky
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
First sentence: Once upon a time four fairy tale misses, tired of dwarves, witches, princes, and kisses, so bored and fed up, or just ready to flop, upped and left home for a fairy tale swap…

I enjoyed this one for the most part. It is a cute and clever fractured fairy tale. It begins with a frustrated Snow White leaving the home she shares with seven dwarves. She's searching for a new place to call home. She comes across another princess who is a bit frustrated with her situation as well. They c
Librarysteph
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I like that it acknowledges the downside to several of the traditional fairy tales and shows that what isn't right for one person might be just what someone else needs. It was good to see the princesses stand up for themselves. Reminds me of a kid's version of the song by Sara Bareilles. The rhyme and flow make it work as a read-aloud but it's for an older crowd than my Story Time.
Melissa Posten
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved the plot. It would have been bumped down to a 3 star because the rhymes don't always scan, which is a pet peeve of mine, but got bumped back up to a 4 because of the art. My daughter loved it, and she's the target audience; I loved the message.
SℓιM
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I won this in the goodreads giveaway. It's a children book. But it was interesting. I let my niece read it awhile back. Some day I'll read it to my children. (:
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it

I love the Disney princesses/franchise as much as the next person, but this was surprisingly creative and funny! I liked the illustrations as well.
Lacey Louwagie
Mar 25, 2015 rated it liked it
This was a cute book -- I liked the illustrations and the way it played with the tropes of Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Rapunzel, and Snow White's fairy tales, imagining what might happen if they could inhabit one another's stories. And it was nice to see how this experiment reverberated back into their "regular lives" as they negotiated to get better deals for themselves. Especially gratifying was Snow White's insistence that the dwarfs pitch in to help her clean. FINALLY.

The rhymes felt a lit
Karen
Oct 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cinderella, Snow White, Rapunzel, and Sleeping Beauty are all tired of their respective lives and long for a change. So, Snow White takes Rapunzel's life in the tower, Rapunzel takes over Cinderella, who changes with Sleeping Beauty who heads over to Snow White's house. What they all discover though, is that the grass isn't always greener in a new yard.

This was a fantastic story! The story is told in a rhyming format. The Princess's names are in a different font so it stands out in the story. Th
Beyond the Pages
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent story! It was so much fun to read with my little.
Stephanie Clarkson
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Just to be clear, I am rating this book with five stars purely for the supreme talents of the illustrator Brigette Barrager, rather from the point of the text, which would be sad, given that I wrote it. I love Brigette's use of colour and the delightful retro style she gave to my slightly unconventional take on these well-known princesses. If you enjoyed this I would thoroughly recommend picking up a copy of Uni the Unicorn, written by Amy Krause Rosenthal and also illustrated by Brigette.
PS. If
Charline Bonham
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book because it really changes my favorite fairy tale princess. It showed how the princesses really didn't like their house and life so they switched with another princess. In the end the princesses learn to compromise with what they didn't like so they could live a happy life. It changes the ending of the fairy tales and shows how they change their fate.

I received an free advanced copy of this book to review. My grand daughter, Cloie, reviewed it for me so you have a younge
Kari
Jan 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: little-a
Yes! I grabbed this tonight off the display shelf at the library. I just knew a would want to read it. This is the book she picked to share. Not only are the illustrations vivid and vibrant but also the language sophisticated and elegant. The premise is not your typical damsel in distress but rather a lesson in greener pastures and resolve. A must read for all princess lovers and those who are not.
Diane
Jul 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
"So, by talking things through and her problems amending, each girl truly made her own fairy tale ending."

With the popularity of princess books with my young girls, this one will be a strong addition to the collection. It has a great message about confronting your problems, rather than running away, and looking to yourself for solutions, rather than to a man.
Lauren
I SUPER enjoyed this book, but my four year old was creeped out by the witch featured in the Snow White portion. Then again, she's gone from being obsessed with witches to really freaking out about them.
Melissa Sauser
Jun 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
What a fun read. Each princess gets to see how the other shoe fits and they create their own endings.
Skai
Nov 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My little sister love this book lol. Every time she comes in my room that's the first book she ask for.
Chase
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious! my sibling and I were laughing through the whole book.
Nicole
Dec 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very cleverly done. Great story about being happy with what you have.
Carrie Charley Brown
Cute concept!
Whole And
A fun, rhyming tale of the princesses we all know and love that swap their roles and discover what it's like to be one another.
Adventurous and light, a great read.
☆Joycedale☆
Jan 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Giving this to my neice but its really cute
Carter
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really like this book , i enjoyed it i read it like 6 times :D
Amber
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Amber by: Kelly D.
I love mashups!
Jennie Vance
Aug 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was fantastic! I wish it had existed when I was little.
Ali (Ali's Bookshelf )
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: scholastic
Mini Me corner review coming shortly
Annie Watkins
Adorable
Nicola
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
The mix-ups were fun and it was nice to see them find their own way of moving their life forward.

Miss 4 and I like to explore different books and authors at the library, sometimes around particular topics or themes. We try to get different ones out every week or so; it's fun for both of us to have the variety and to look at a mix of new & favourite authors.
Anthony
Sep 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Several princesses seem to think life is greener on the other side, so they swap each other's lifestyles, but soon tire of it, but lessons are learned, and each Princess takes a stand to seek their own individual happy ever afters. Told in rhyme, this fairy tale displays contentment in what one has.
CassieTrapp
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Donna Mork
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun. Four fairy tale princesses switch places for a break from their routine. In the end they decide to return to their own story, and change it slightly so they can all have a good ending.
  • The Princess Who Had No Kingdom