Start by marking “Leaving Amarillo (Neon Dreams, #1)” as Want to Read:
Leaving Amarillo (Neon Dreams, #1)

Leaving Amarillo

(Neon Dreams #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  1,819 ratings  ·  362 reviews
Nashville meets New Adult in Neon Dreams, a dramatic, sexy series from bestselling author Caisey Quinn, about a country band’s rocky road to fame—and the ambition, dreams, and love of the people who make the music.

Dixie Lark hasn’t had it easy. She lost her parents in an accident when she was young and grew up in a ramshackle house on a dirt road in Amarillo with her ailin
Published March 17th 2015 by William Morrow Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Leaving Amarillo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leaving Amarillo

Beverly
Mar 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: series
3.5 Stars

Leaving Amarillo is the story of Dallas, Dixie and Gavin. Dallas and Dixie are brother and sister, and were raised by their grandparents after their parents died. Gavin is their childhood friend whose mother neglected him. From the moment Dixie saw the poor, hungry boy he has been in her heart. Now the trio is the band Leaving Amarillo.

'Gavin Garrison, our drummer and my brother’s best friend, was the first boy I’d ever had a crush on.’

The is told from Dixie’s POV and we immediate
Geri Reads
May 31, 2015 rated it liked it
3 neon dreams stars!

I was expecting, based on the blurb, an angsty unrequited romance between Gavin Garrison and Dixie Lark. Well, I did get the romance but there's also other stuff pertaining to the struggles their band, Leaving Amarillo, endures as they try to make it big in the country music scene.

For the most part, I enjoyed this book very much. It's part romance, part coming of age story. Dixie Lark has been in love with Gavin since she was a little girl. Gavin is her older brother Dallas'
Jacqueline's Reads
Dec 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4 I-Want-To-Go-To-Austin-Texas Stars

Leaving Amarillo is book one of the Neon Dreams series.

This is my third Caisey Quinn book. I really love Caisey, I think she’s classy, sweet and very adorable. She was the VERY FIRST author to give me an ARC. **GASP** that was a very long time ago, but I will never forget her.

Her first series I read was Girl on Tour, so it’s only natural that I’m going back to a musical band theme, but this time its folkish-indie rock, which is something I love.

Dixie plays the
Beth
498 Bluebird Stars

HOLY SHIT. This is one amazing read. If you think 498 is an excessive amount of stars…you are wrong. It is the exact right amount of stars for this book. The writing is spot on. The characters breathe off the page. The emotions suck you in to the story and hold you there.

Dandelions didn’t get to choose where they grew and neither did I.

It’s no secret I am a fan of Caisey Quinn. Her writing is lyrical. She can make those 26 letters do things that just don’t do for most people.
Elizabeth Lee
Jul 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Who wants to read this?!

Oh wait, I have! It's fantastic! Longer to review to come!
Emerald
Feb 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
“Love isn't just about the good. It's fortified by the bad.”

I love a book that comes with a playlist <3
C-Money
Jul 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am in love with Dixie. Caisey Quinn has the most amazing way of making me fall deeply in love with her leading ladies. Kylie Ryan's has been my all time favorite since I first read Girl with Guitar. But now, now I am jumping on the Dixie Lark band wagon.

SHE IS FIERCE.
SHE IS STRONG.
SHE KNOWS WHAT SHE WANTS AND SHE GOES FOR IT.
SHE IS TALENTED.

I love CQ's writing style. She never has a problem with the flow or the character development. It is always flawless. Her stories are original and refre
Lindsay
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: edelweiss
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I love rock star stories and stories where the characters have a past connection. I got both of those things in this book.

This is my first book by author Caisey Quinn so I had no idea what to expect. I definitely didn’t expect this book to both make me laugh and cry. The only thing that kept me from full out bawling was the fact that my dog demanded to go outside just as the really sad part happened, allowing me to put the book down and regroup before going back t
Lindsay
Mar 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Michelle

I have a confession to make. Leaving Amarillo by Caisey Quinn is the first book that I have read from this author. I know I have her other previous books sitting on my kindle and need to get on them stat because after reading Leaving Amarillo, Ms. Quinn has managed this city girl to fall in love with country music and her writing.

#LeavingAmarillo

If we really think about it, music has the power to heal, touch us, and link our hearts. With it's simple beat, tune, and lyrics, music has a divine way of bringing
Amy
Jul 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"It's dangerous to love, to allow yourself to be loved. But I dared to fly too close to the flames and I've decided it's better to burn--to have that all-consuming powerful kind of love that scars you for life even if it only lasts a little while, than to play safe forever"

It's books like this that remind me of why I love to read. This is not just a book. This is an experience. This book is not just about romance and love and friendship. It's also about the music...

"It's times like this, times w
Stephanie (Bookfever)
Leaving Amarillo was yet another great book by the amazing Caisey Quinn. Lord knows I love her books and this one wasn't an exception. I thought it was a beautiful story and, though it took me a little while to get really into, it really did something to me.

This book centers on Dixie Leigh Lark, a ninteen-year-old fiddle player, together with her brother Dallas and his best friend Gavin, in Leaving Amarillo, a country band that's on the rise. Dixie has been in love with Gavin ever since they wer
AndRea
3.75 - 4*
Po takýchto knihách vždy ľutujem, že nemám staršieho brata, ktorý by mal starších kamarátov. :D :D :D
PS. Segra, ak toto čítaš, nemyslím to vážne... mám ťa rada! ♥ (*cough* aj keď nie si starší brat *cough* ;) :D)
Laci
Oct 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
What. I have to wait (for second book). How is that even fair.

I
Christy LoveOfBooks

Yee-haw! Leaving Amarillo is the first book I’ve read by Caisey Quinn, and now I’m looking forward to more.

This book brings out all the feels. Dixie is 19, and plays the fiddle in a band with her older brother and Gavin. Gavin had a pretty crappy home life growing up, but he always had Dallas and Dixie. The three of them have been close since they were young, but Dixie held her feelings for Gavin back because Dallas put her off limits. Gavin doesn’t want to risk losing them, so he keeps her at
Francesca
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Une belle romance NA hot et avec de l'émotion. Pauvre Dixie, j'ai eu beaucoup de compassion pour elle, au moins elle a le courage d'avouer ses sentiments!
J'ai limite envie de lire le troisième tome maintenant pour savoir la fin ^^
Mon seul regret est qu'on ne voit pas assez d'Austin.
Danielle
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Read more reviews at What Danielle Did Next

Can I get a cold beer? Or better yet, just give me the ice bucket to dump over my head, because gosh darn it, I need to cool down! LEAVING AMARILLO proves yet again, Caisey Quinn's immeasurable talent to create characters that will grab hold of your heart and take you along on their journey filled with laughter, tears and oh so hot hijinks, hence the need for the ice bucket!

LEAVING AMARILLO is an exhilarating look at life on the road for three young s
❥ Azzurra
Sep 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
review in english coming soon

Il ritmo del mio cuore è stata una bella sorpresa che davvero non mi aspettavo, prima di iniziare con la lettura. Devo infatti confessare di aver rimandato continuamente il momento di prendere in mano questo romanzo perchè temevo quello che avrei trovato... ovvero il solito romanzo New Adult con un po' di musica buttata lì per differenziarlo -senza veramente riuscirci- dal calderone di tutti gli altri NA che ormai spopolano gli scaffali delle librerie italiane e d'ol
Amy Logg
A feisty heroine, a beautifully flawed hero and a deeply intense 'forbidden' romance. Leaving Amarillo is a novel that will set your senses on fire!

REVIEW:
The story:
Dixie Lark and her brother Dallas have been friends with Gavin since childhood. And now touring as a band they are closer than ever. But Dixie has always felt more than simple friendship towards Gavin and believes he feels the attraction too. But despite this he's never made a move because of the promise he made her bother, that
Selly - Leggere Romanticamente
4.5 stars per il finale in sospeso!!! >.<

La mia recensione sul blog http://www.leggereromanticamente.com/...

Se amate i romance con protagonisti dei musicisti, ecco un'altra lettura che consiglio assolutamente!
Nell'arco dell'ultimo mese è il secondo che ho letto (il primo è stato The Bad Boy di Samantha Towle) e che mi ha trascinata in un turbinio di emozioni. Li classifico quindi entrambi tra le mie letture preferite del periodo.
Situazioni differenti e personaggi diversi, ovviamente, ma
Jessica
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love rock star romances and have been gobbling up any book of that genre that I can get my hands on. A few people have recommended Leaving Amarillo and said that I would love it, so I decided to pick it up and give it a chance. AND I LOVED IT. SO MUCH.

After her parents died, Dixie and her older brother, Dallas, grew up with her grandparents, living a meager life together. When they meet Gavin, a kid who had it even rougher than them, the three of them become best friends. As they g
Jaclyn
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Can Caisey Quinn write a bad book??? I think the answer is definitely, NO!!! Full review coming soon!
Angela
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Why oh why did I wait to read this!!!! I love caisey Quinn and her heroines are AMAZING. I can't wait to see what happens next!!! Ahhhh
Frency  camminando tra le pagine
RECENSIONE COMPLETA SUL BLOG:

Amare è pericoloso, lasciarsi amare è pericoloso. Io ho osato avvicinarmi troppo alle fiamme, ho deciso che è meglio bruciarsi, ritrovarsi con le cicatrici di un amore che ti consuma e ti riduce in cenere, piuttosto che non rischiare.

Dopo aver letto “Il ritmo del mio cuore” – primo romanzo della seria Neon Dreams – di Caisey Quinn io sono senza fiato, completamente senza parole perché questa storia mi è entrata dentro con prepo
Blushing Reader
Mar 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-books-read
I fell in love with Caisey Quinn two years ago when I opened Girl with Guitar (the Kylie Ryans series) and was instantly addicted. If you follow me on this blog (or anywhere else), you know my love of Caisey Quinn and her writing, so getting my hands on Leaving Amarillo was like my birthday coming 6 months early! I have a big soft spot for Kylie Ryans (from Girl with Guitar) but I have to say I think Dixie Lark is my new favorite character! I don't have the words for how much I loved Dixie and h ...more
Erin
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-blog-review
*****4.5 stars****

One of the things that I love about Casey Quinn’s writing is that we can always count on a strong heroine who is beautiful on the inside and out. Dixie Lark is no exception, with her snarky attitude and determination that are just shy of irresistible for her long-time crush/love Gavin. She’s been in love with this man since he was just a boy, but it’s something she’s kept inside to fester and burn a hole in her heart. As much as that sucked, she was okay with not having the one
Zaza
Mais quelle jolie découverte que ce livre !! En fait c'est bien simple, j'ai quasiment tout aimé : l'ambiance, les personnages, l'histoire d'amour bien sûr, mais pas que ...
Ce premier tome pose les bases d'une série qui a tout pour me plaire : une histoire où l'amour et l'amitié sont étroitement mêlés, un univers musical omniprésent, de beaux personnages ...

La narration est à la première personne, assurée par Dixie, joueuse de fiddle (une sorte de violon) au sein d'un groupe country rock composé
Lindsey Lynn (thepagemistress)
5/5 Stars

Won this book from a Goodreads First Reads Giveaway!

Summary:
This book follows Dixie, her brother Dallas and Gavin(their childhood friend). This trio makes up a killer band named Leaving Amarillo. They have always had a rough life. Gavin never had much of a family, other than Dix and Dallas. Dixie and her brother lose their parents really young then have to live with their grandparents, who are incredibly supportive of their dream of pursuing music. They play a lot of small gigs, but the
caren

Let me tell you, I ah-dored this book. Yeah, it was angsty. Which is why I loved it so much. I love the push-pull-tug at your heart strings kind of stories. And this was definitely one of those. The whole wanting but not being able to have thing makes me a happy girl and this is another one that I really, really didn't want to end. Once it did, though, I have to say I wasn't happy. I'm thrilled there will be more books, but I'm not thrilled we didn't get the answers to Gavin's story in this one.
New Adult Book Club: Caisey Quinn paperback Giveaway ~ CLOSED!! 33 156 Apr 03, 2016 02:07AM
  • Path of Destruction (Broken Heartland, #2)
  • Bounce (Boomerang, #3)
  • Loud is How I Love You (Hub City, #1)
  • From Darkness (Hearts & Arrows, #3)
  • Make it Last (Bowler University, #3)
  • I See London (International School, #1)
  • Wish for Me (The Djinn Order, #1)
  • Spend the Night III (The Hotel Collection, #3)
  • Elfin Blood
  • Anything But Mine (When You're Gone, #1)
  • With Every Breath (Wanderlust #1)
  • Chaos (Mayhem, #3)
  • Shuffle (Ruby Riot, #2)
  • Deep Blue Eternity
  • Love Notes (Hard Rock Harlots, #3.5)
  • Chase Me (Broke and Beautiful, #1)
Caisey Quinn is the bestselling author of thirteen contemporary romance novels published both traditionally (HarperCollins, Simon & Schuster, Penguin/Random House) and independently. She is the mother of two little ones and a wife splitting her time between Nashville, TN and a small town in Alabama.

Her latest novel: Blood & Lace, an edge of your seat dark romantic thriller is available no

Neon Dreams (3 books)
  • Loving Dallas (Neon Dreams, #2)
  • Missing Dixie (Neon Dreams, #3)
“That's the funny thing about music. Part of the magic, I quess. Sometimes it replenishes me, like I'm feeding off its energy and it fills me. And other times, it pulls at my pain, weaves its way through the strands of my soul and wrecks it".” 5 likes
“Love isn't just about the good. It's fortified by the bad.” 5 likes