Start by marking “Vanishing Fame” as Want to Read:
Vanishing Fame

Vanishing Fame

Jesse James was a rock star with the high profile life that went with it. When everything fell apart, as far as Jessy was concerned, she had two choices: blow her brains out or disappear. But after years in seclusion with no one knowing where she is, she realizes that she’s alive, but she isn’t living.
This time around will things be different or will trying to get back in
Published June 20th 2014 by Yard Dog Press

To ask other readers questions about Vanishing Fame, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vanishing Fame

Tara
This damn book. I love the premise and it would be amazing with a solid story edit and copy edit, and it boggles my mind that it has an editor listed. Like, I just want one of the better lesfic publishing companies to pick it up and fix it, because it could easily be one of my favourites.

Errors abound. Characters main and side scream at each other all the time. There's TONS of swearing, but no explicit sex scenes. But somehow I love Jessy and Joan and Lisa and Katy and even Hannah. Dolen someho
~ * K E L L I E * ~
Sep 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2014
Jessy portrays the bad ass, foul mouthed rocker in the public eye yet has a softer side to those near and dear to her and would do anything to protect them. Throughout the book it is explained why Jessy is the way she is.

Joan is the stereotypical movie star with glitz, glamour and possessions important to her - at least that's what she thought until she met Jessy.

The supporting characters were well written and it would be nice to see a spin off book about one of them, especially Katy.

Vanishin
Cheri
Aug 20, 2014 rated it liked it
It was fine. The first half held my attention much more than the second. Definitely could have used a proofread - typos and one character whose name changed three times in a very small part of the book - but not incredibly distracting. I got it for free from the Kindle Unlimited program or else I may have returned it for a refund. I hate paying for books that have so many blatant errors... I expect that from online fiction, not for books that have to be paid for.
Lexxi Kitty
This story was something of a roller-coaster. And quite frankly I was a little scared of it. In an odd little way. I just felt that there was no way it could have a happy ending. I mean, there's this happy moment at something like 16% into the book (16, 9, 11, whatever it was). And I knew, that was too bloody early for such a moment. Unless bad things were about to happen. And I was right. The little roller coaster car the reader was in was at a high point. Then whee . . . falling quickly downwa ...more
Marsha
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Want more...

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who loves a great story. It was a really fun read. There were time the people around looked as me strangely....yes I have forgotten where I was and laughed out loud.
Leslie J Holbrook
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!!!! Fifth time reading this book.

Would love to see a sequel from Vanishing Fame. I have read this story 5 times. The story line was tremendous with conflicts that kept me glued to the book. Well done Ms Rosen.
Jenna
Jul 26, 2015 rated it liked it
I felt like the book started off strong. The early pages were spent profiling an intriguing main character, helping the reader understand how damaged she was, how deep-seated her trust and abandonment issues were. It was all very compelling.

The problem showed up very early, though, and it was a big one: character inconsistency. At around the 15% point, Jessy suddenly had a new best friend within three pages of meeting her. Against character. The book spent a lot of time telling us why Jessy had
Nka300
My rating might have something to do about me just having read three books that were just too boring. I really liked this story. Its been a while since i found a long story that could keep my attention and not make me skip pages...

Ok, there were some inconsitencies in the characters as stated in the comments below, but not that bothersome for me. For some it might have been a dealbreaker and its understandable.
It would've been nice if the relationship and bonding of the characters was more fles
Heather Henkel
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lesbian
Great book

This was a very good book. I like all the characters and how they come together and depend on each other.
Catherine
Oct 29, 2015 rated it did not like it
I didn't finish this book. I just couldn't get into the characters. I got half way through the book and decided I just didn't care what happened to these two and couldn't care less if they ended up together. That was the moment I felt it was time to put the book down and try another.
Erica
Aug 08, 2014
Hadiya
Oct 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Selina Rosen’s short fiction has appeared in several magazines and anthologies including Sword & Sorceress, Witch Way To The Mall, Turn The Other Chick, the two newest Thieves’ World anthologies, Aoife’s Kiss, and Here Be Dragons.

Her novels include How I Spent The Apocalypse, Black Rage, Queen Of Denial, Strange Robby, and Jabone’s Sword.

Her mystery novels, Bad Lands, and Bad City, the first t
“Maybe being numb to the mediocrity of one's life is the price people pay for true happiness. Maybe bliss blinds a person to the fact that they could be something more than normal. Maybe if everyone grew up in happy houses with happy lives void of pain, we'd still be living in caves and beating animals to death with a club to eat.” 1 likes