Start by marking “Ужасните болести (Страховитото в науката)” as Want to Read:
Ужасните болести (Страховитото в науката)

Ужасните болести

(Horrible Science)

Всички науки са се развили благодарение на смайващи открития!

Болестите са опасен и коварен враг, но ако не ти липсва смелост и имаш здрав стомах, превърни се в неуморим изследовател и открий:

Има ли микроби на Марс

Колко вируса съдържа една кихавица

Страшни ли са маларийните плазмодии

Защо смъртоносната холера оцветява кожата ти в синьо

Макар и настръхнал от ужас, готов ли си д
Published 2003 by Егмонт България (first published July 21st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Ужасните болести, please sign up.
Sharon A children book, but contains facts about real-life disease (typhoid fever, cholera, etc)

Siobhan
Sep 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a child I loved both history and science, so as you can imagine I loved both the Horrible Histories books and the Horrible Science books.

Whilst I did enjoy the Horrible Science books, I never read quite as many as I did the Horrible Histories books. For me, even as a child, the Horrible Science books seemed somewhat second rate to the Horrible Histories books.

Don’t get me wrong, they’re good books. They make learning fun in the same way as their history counterparts, there simply seems to be
Jonathon Clark-hansen
I was drawn to this book by a magazine I found at home. It was from the Horrible Science as well and after a quick browse I wanted to read one of the books for the non-fiction requirement for school. 'What other book series is funny and informative?' I asked myself. I found this book in the library and I began to read at once. I loved it, it made me laugh, squirm and feel terrified all at the same time.
Sharon
If your kids say if they want to be a doctor one day, try giving them this book!
As a medico, this book is very interesting. Basic concepts about sickness, caused by bacteria, viruses, and parasites. Children can learn more about typhoid fever, diarrhea, measles, etc in easy and fun way!
Very very recommended!!
Sara
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was okay, I expected much more though.
Natasha
Mar 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was easy to understand, fun and interesting and probably the most interesting non-fiction book series ever. I read this book when I was nine (you can guess my age now :) ) and could understand most of what the author was trying to say. The book included mini quizzes which helped me recapped what I was supposed to learn. These books probably taught me more than what school taught me! The illustrations were great (it is easy to understand and very 'child-friendly' and even an adult could enjoy ...more
Lisa
Nov 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In my mind, this was better than the other Horrible Science books. My mother bought the whole series of horrible science books for my younger brother, but I ended up reading them all anyways. This is a book packed with humor and facts, you will not forget most of what is in it. You may not be able to recall it, but if someone starts talking about it then you will be sure to be dragged into the conversation.
Benjamin Richman
This was a really great book. I definitely learned a lot from it. There was lots of good info, and there was a lot a cartoons. It was a good easy read. You should definitely read the other ones in the series. I would recommend this book to those of you out there who like good info but in a really fun, cool way.... with.... with.... with..... Pictures!!!
Ashani Waidyatillake
It's a grave situation, this book!! LOL hahahaha........ So let's get to the point. This book is great!! It teaches you about things that you didn't even know about diseases and it is not boring like some books that go on and on about stuff. I don't know how Nick manages to make these books educational and funny but I love them
Joseph.kim
Jan 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this book was very interesting. It helped me understand how diseases worked and the different kinds of them. It is a good book to learn in a fun way. It had facts I didn't know about and fun facts. This book can show young kids how fun and interesting science is.
Barbora
Oct 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4,5/5
Velmi chytlavá knížka, zatím se mi líbila ze všech "Děsivých věd/dějin" nejvíce. Většinou mě tyto knížky baví, ale potřebuji s nimi číst paralelně nějakou druhou knížku, něco na oživení, což jsem v tomto případě nemusela (ani nechtěla) a přečetla raz dva.
Mao Mao
Sep 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like this book because I want to study diseases. I especially want to study kidney failure and the kidney (because I don't know much about it). I also want to study the structure of a cell.
RCPP
Jun 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deadly Diseases
Th is book is the BEST! I learned that someday we mihgt fond out about the Green Teacher Disease. (GTD) I find thi s book very whistling.
PS: sorry about the misspelling of words.
Akkshaj
Dec 07, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book makes science very fun and interesting for me.
Saumya Chaudhry
Kristina  UK
Another fabulous, gory, gruesome edition in the Horrible Science series. I can see why my kids liked these books so much.
Tessa Kendall

Undela Uneeb
May 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
really funny
Natalie
Abit gory and disgusting,but gives you info about Diseases.
Raymond Yan
Harry Aryan
Aug 09, 2015
Sis_p5ytszming
Dec 07, 2009

• Violent Volcanoes (Horrible Geography)
  • Evolve or Die (Horrible Science)
  • Angry Aztecs
  • Murderous Maths (Murderous Maths, #1)
  • Henry the VIII and His Chopping Block
  • William Shakespeare and His Dramatic Acts
Nick Arnold is the author of the award winning series, Horrible Science and Wild Lives. Arnold's first published works appeared as a result of a project he was working on at the University of North London, when he was trying to teach young children. A positive review was written about him, and he started to write the "Horrible Science" books. His books are illustrated by Tony De Saulles.

Horrible Science (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • Angry Animals (Horrible Science)
  • Blood, Bones and Body Bits
  • The Body Owner's Handbook (Horrible Science)
  • Bulging Brains (Horrible Science)
  • Chemical Chaos
  • Disgusting Digestion
  • Evil Inventions (Horrible Science)
  • Evolve or Die (Horrible Science)
  • Fatal Forces
  • The Fearsome Fight for Flight (Horrible Science)