Start by marking “Gaming for Love (The Griffin Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Gaming for Love (The Griffin Brothers, #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

Gaming for Love

(The Griffin Brothers #1)

A young woman carrying the weight of her world on her shoulders.
A man struggling with a devastating betrayal. Love is a game they’re determined to win…

Yasmin just wants to keep her family’s Las Vegas bookstore afloat. She doesn’t have time for anything other than trying to figure out how to pay the bills. When an incredibly hot guy with tattoos and piercings walks into h
Paperback, 1, 264 pages
Published June 3rd 2014 by Crystal Perkins (first published May 13th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Gaming for Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gaming for Love

Michelle
Nov 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
I would play games with Scott anytime

Yasmin's life as changed quite a bit recently her parents have died an she as been left there book shop to look after she luvs the shop an wants to keep it to b as successful as they made it but things aren't goin as planned the shop isn't as busy as she would like she as plans but she hopes it doesn't come to that she doesn't have time for much else but work so when a guy Scott comes in her shop with the most gorgeous green eyes an is super sexy she can't
politetemper

In the end I ended up not finishing the book..it was just pointless.

Yasmine (I'm sorry but calling her Yas was a bit annoying since I kept mistaking it for "Yes") was an alright character. BUT - she was so FREAKING annoying! She cried at like EVERYTHING it was so annoying and AWKWARD. Like she cried in-front of people she just met and it was just cringy. And it was annoying how everything came back to how she looked..she was so quick to blame everything on the way she looks..she was too
Mallory
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book brought out so many emotions in me it's almost hard to explain. There were so many times that I just wanted to shake the characters to make them see. I was highly invested the whole time and had a hard time putting it down. Highly recommend it to anyone!
Andy
May 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wish I could give this more than 5 stars!

Perkins weaves a story full of heart, and sensuality. Indie bookstore owner Yasmin and computer genius Scott have such strong chemistry! As hot as Scott is I adore how Yasmin responds to him. If you like super hot guys, a strong female protagonist, and steamy love scenes this book is totally for you! I can't wait to see what Perkins has in store for the rest of the books in The Griffin Brother series!
Catherine Crook
Aug 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
A few things you need to know about me:
1) I worked at a bookstore for YEARS. (Favorite job EVER!)
2) I adore pens.
3) Nerds ALWAYS do it better.

With this information, you will understand why I truly enjoyed this NA book. Crystal pens (PUN INTENDED) a fun look into a billionaire type romance. Instantly, Scott and Yas disliked each other, and yet the attraction was their from the start. "And sweet Jesus, that mouth. Lush, sexy lips that seem set in a permanent smirk meant to drive a woman wild."
Dayreader Reviews
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Gaming for Love by Crystal Perkins was a sweet and steamy love story. This is the first book in the Griffin Brothers Series. This series is about four brothers and is based in Las Vegas, NV. It isn't very often that you get a story that is this steamy and the guy is so sweet, is a winner in my book.

The two main characters are Yasmin and Scott. Perkins does a great job describing our leading characters and layering their personality. She has woven together a truly believable story, which again is
Samantha
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Disclaimer: I know Crystal and was lucky enough to read the book before it was released on the web.

I'm also not the biggest NA fan. My only venture to the world of NA include entirely of recommendations from Crystal Perkins. I assure you she knows a lot about NA. She reads tons. She's got this, people.

So the book- it's good. It's actually really good if you're into your romance books and your steamy love scenes and really cute encounters between your main characters when they're not in the bed
All Booked Out
May 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars

Being completely jealous of the heroine in the book has not helped me in the slightest at all with this. It was like she had everything i wanted, she had my job, she had my addiction to pens, she could scrapbook and when her bedroom was being described I wanted to scream as that was my perfect room all laid out on the pages. This was written with me in mind.

The first from Crystal and I think a great debut. The groundwork has been laid for this great family. I enjoy a series where the w
Michele A.
Jul 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: series
Yasmin and Scott definitely had a lot to work out in this book. Scott is unable to trust almost anyone after what his ex Amber put him and his family through. Yasmin is struggling to keep the bookstore that he parents owned prior to their deaths afloat. Both Scott and Yasmin pursue a relationship and, after a huge misunderstanding, find their way to move forward. Overall a decent book and a nice ending. Will read book 2 and see a continuation of all of the characters in this book.
Liz
Nov 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
The Griffin family is pretty awesome. I just love Scott and Yasmin as a couple. They each have insecurities that they are working on but their personalities help balance the other.
This was a sweet, sexy, little love story!
axola
Aug 09, 2014 rated it really liked it

This is Scott's and Yasmin's story. They are both young, with a great number of responsibilities and they are both trying to overcome difficult situations. When they meet its instant attraction, but hopefully their story is developed in a way that we grow to care about them.

The strength of this book comes from the development of their love story. Crystal Perkins did something really clever and that was getting us invested in their story before the drama between them explodes. Because,
michelle
Sep 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received a copy of this book for free through Goodreads giveaway and I would like to thank Ms. Crystal Perkins for giving me this chance to have a sneak peek on her first novel. I love the cover design, the quality of the paper being used and most of all, it's a signed copy!

There were a lot of similarities from FSOG, but still, while reading this, it reminds me of the feeling how nice it is to be in love (although, it was not love at first sight for Yasmin and Scott ha!) It is a nice feeling b
Christina Ortiz
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
I liked this this book, I would give it 3.5 stars. The story between Yas and Scott kept my interest. I found myself wanting to know the outcome of their story. What I really liked was Scott's family. I thought his brothers were pretty funny and cool, so I am excited to read more about them in the next books. The only reason it wasn't a 4 star for me, was Yas. I found at times she just wasn't believable and a little too pouty about certain things Scott said or did. Scotts story was great and so w ...more
Mikayla
LauraAnn
Shelves: 2014
Gaming For Love is a brilliant and sexy read.

Within the first 50 pages I feel in love with the characters. Yasmin is a young woman going through some major issues most people her age do not have to deal with and she still stands strong. Scott is a wonderful man, with an equally wonderful family, who has a bit of a troubled past. Together they set off on a brilliant love story full of pens and love letters.
Jeanne
Oct 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Thank you Crystal for bringing this book to us. I got hooked early on and stayed up way to late reading. Finished it in one day and am so excited to start the second book. It's taken me a few months to get through to this one on my TBR list, but I'm glad I waited cause now I can pick up the rest of the series that I don't already have. Thanks again for the amazing prize pack. Love the pens throughout the book, it's such a cute little touch.
Ana Margarita Tolentino
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Got a copy from goodreads giveaway

rating: 5/5

I really enjoyed reading the book. So many hot scenes from the main characters. I like how the story gives a kind of message on how family are very important and you can always count on them during your ups and downs. Added bonus are the other Griffin brothers. Looking forward to reading their stories also.

PS. I also like pens with different design , colors and glitter pens :D

Yael
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sexy bookstore owner meets tech geek.
Yasmin, a struggling small business owner of a bookstore meets Scott a computer genius geek when he drops off his niece at her bookstore. The sparks are there but he tries to stay away since he has been burned by love once before. But they cannot deny the attraction any longer.
Kelly Gomez
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I adored this book. It was a quick, easy and enjoyable read. I quickly fell in love with the characters Yasmin and Scott. The family dynamic behind Scott was fantastic and were equally as captivating. That makes me excited to read all the books in the Griffin Brothers series.

There was some steamy scenes in here! Some parts of the story were certainly predictable but no less enjoyable.
Sara Luck
Aug 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-read
Okay, so there were plenty of eye rolling moments in this book, and parts where I just wanted to throw it down and stomp on it. But overall? I really liked it. It was a little sappy at times. Honestly, I felt like the climax came REALLY late in the book, so I got kind of bored waiting for it to all unwind. Having said that, I'm still going to read book two.
Nickyrian
May 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been privileged to read an advance reading copy of this book. For a new aspiring author, this New Adult contemporary romance is written nicely. The flow of the story develops continually. It's the kind of ChickLit that you will want to situate yourself in a comfy reading area with popcorn and soda beside you, because you won't want to put it down.
Sarah Vela
May 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book and I'm not just saying that because I know Crystal. I love books that are set in Vegas and it's even better when it's done by someone that knows Vegas. I connected with the characters through the book and it brought out emotions when I didn't know which way the book was going to go. I can't wait to read the next book in the series.
Emma Johnston
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book that I read of Crystal's abd ultimately the book that made me fall in love with her work!

I loved the story between Scott and Yas and also the relationship with the Griffin family.

Definitely a 5 star read that kicks of what is an amazing series!
Rose
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gaming for Love is a wonderful sexy romance. A story of a young woman striving to keep her Indie Bookstore in business and a man struggling with a devastating betrayal. Together they will overcome guilt, anger, distrust and find love. An emotional read at times but an enjoyable one.
Julie
May 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loved
Loved this book. The story was moving a both the Yas and Scott had great back stories that you just wanted to reach in and help them. Can't wait to read the next Griffin Brothers story. Such a warm moving story.
Lisa Dess
Shelves: kindle-books
I received a copy of this for an honest review. I loved this book. There was a lot of emotion and sexiness throughout this book. The characters are easy to relate to. I can't wait to read the next one.
jenn reads fiction
LOVED this book so much. The relationship and family dynamics really drew me in.
Angel
May 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweeeeet!!!! good story
Julia Kai
Jul 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Liked it. Can't wait to read the next one.
Addy
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An addictive and sexy read! This book is a definite MUST READ!

• Ripped
  • False Security
  • Falling for the CEO (Stanton Family #1)
  • Love Around the Corner (New Milton #1.5)
  • Until Alex
  • Equation For Love
  • Something More
  • What a Woman Wants (Manley Maids, #1)
  • Her Hot Number
  • Jack and Yani Love Harry Potter
  • For The Love of Laney
  • Blood Bond (Cora's Choice, #5)
  • Another New Life
  • Afraid to Fall (Dennison, #1)
  • Love Kinection
  • The Principle of Desire (Science of Temptation, #3)
  • Secondhand Hearts
Crystal Perkins has always been a big reader, but she never thought she would write her own book, until she sat down and did it. Her love of all things nerdy, as well as spies and superheroes, is woven through all the characters in her books.

She lives in Las Vegas, where you can find her running author events when she isn't watching the Vegas Golden Knights, reading, or buying too many Sherlock t-

The Griffin Brothers (7 books)
  • Building Our Love (The Griffin Brothers, #2)
  • Creating a Love (The Griffin Brothers, #3)
  • Learning to Love (The Griffin Brothers, #4)
  • Designing the Love (The Griffin Brothers, #5)
  • Working on Love (The Griffin Brothers, #6)
  • Keeping Their Love (The Griffin Brothers, #7)
“Oh my God! I am being wooed, really wooed and he started with pens! PENS!” 0 likes