Start by marking “I Spy Pecan Pie” as Want to Read:
I Spy Pecan Pie

I Spy Pecan Pie

Dear Author,

See him? That’s Justin. He hasn’t been working here long and I’ve been too shy to approach him so far. Since I do all the cooking here on the ranch I only see him at mealtimes and I’ve been trying to find out what he likes so that I can make it especially for him. I have some great friends here who are surprisingly encouraging and open minded. They’ve been
Published June 23rd 2014 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about I Spy Pecan Pie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Spy Pecan Pie

Start your review of I Spy Pecan Pie
SheReadsALot
“Sorry! Slip of the tongue.”

“Yeah, I know exactly where you’d like to slip your tongue,” Mac said, grabbing the spare dish towel out of my hands.

I'm not gonna lie...I no like pecan pie. But I really like Anna's "I Spy Pecan Pie". I do support pie however...you put a slice of Chess pie (aka crack pie) in front of me you will end up a finger short.

Sorry...sorry, getting little distracted with this pie talk. Hmm, wonder what I'm having for dessert today?

Anyway..."I Spy Pecan Pie"?

The author did
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~

COWBOYS and PIE, y'all!

Sparkly little story with calloused edges featuring a ranch hand and ranch cook mooning over each other and letting the burn build, baby.

Also includes: sexy frotting on a work bench and a mama who will slap you silly if you swear in her kitchen.

Nothing wrong with this story at all; it was just over in the blink of an eye, and I never felt like I got to know either MC very well.
Rosa, really

HOLY SHIT THAT PICTURE.

I wanna cowboy up and ride. And I don't even know what that means.

****Update*****

“Enjoying the show?” he asked, raising an eyebrow and slowly soaping his cock again. A sensuous slide up and down, up and down.

I panicked and quickly slipped back around the barn, out of sight. Fuck. I couldn’t believe I had been so obvious. He probably thought I was a complete pervert. I sighed and hit my head against the barn with a clunk. How was I going to get out of this one?

A. - DUDE!
Ann
THIS IS MY PROMPT AND I'M SO EXCIIIIIIIITED

ok - now buzzoffigottaread

a little bits later . . . .

AND . . . I'm done. AND . . . I loved it!

See all these stars? That's me throwing them at the story that Anna Birmingham wrote for my prompt.

It was sweet, sexy, funny and Duke and Justin were just like I pictured them. Duke's cluelessness was so endearing and I loved when Justin went all Alpha Stallion in the bar. They were a perfect fit for each other and I would love to read more about them.

And the
Erika
Jun 23, 2014 rated it liked it
N'awww so cute! I was smiling the whole time while reading this, because I was enjoying myself so much. I loved Duke's voice but felt that this story could've been much longer. If fleshed out, it could be one of the better cowboy m/m stories out there. Oh well, what we got was sweet as pie and fun, so I'm definitely not complaining. Kudos to the author!

I'm giving this one 3.5 oooey gooey stars.

Edit: now I'm craving pecan pie. Can someone UPS me some?

Sunny
Aww...I loved this story! Wonderful characters, great dialogue...so sweet, and so funny.

ETA: prompt pic :)
(view spoiler)

Catherine
*** 3.5 Stars ***

There was a smexy cowboy, a smexier grease monkey, and baking as foreplay, y'all!

This story was totally adorable and 100% up my alley. Given the length of the story, I was impressed by the fact that both MCs popped off the pages full of cuteness and insecurities and lust. It also had a nice arc to it; no unnecessary conflict or angst, just the typical bumps in the road that come with those early, awkward days when you're first getting to know someone. 'Twas a lovely story.
Vivian
Jun 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Hot ranch men served with a side of pie---Yum.

Uncomplicated, footloose love story between Duke, the ranch cook and mechanic and Justin, the new hand. How Duke ever managed to be the wallflower is a bit of a mystery. But there's cute good-natured ribbing and humor when he's smitten. Their romance is as sweet as the desserts.

First LL prophesy: There will be an uptick in pie production this week.
Cristina T.
I Spy Pecan Pie was, just as the title suggests, a very sweet story. It offered quite a few laughs, was light, adorable and delicious.

Duke works on a ranch as a cook and mechanic on the side. He's shy and clueless towards Justin, the new ranch hand. He doesn't know what to make of the new guy, but when he decides to approach him, sparks fly. A lot of sparks. That work bench in the garage has seen some action. Just sayin'. I loved their chemistry. It's a shame the story was so short and I wish I
Nico Jaye
Sweet as pie. :)

Thanks so much to the author for this cute little freebie!
Lori
Jun 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
A fun read that fit the prompt perfectly.Short and sweet and perfectly formed! Thank you for a wonderful free story.
Trisha Harrington
This was a wonderful little story.

I was waiting to read this one because it sounded like something I would enjoy. I love cowboys and I love sweet and cute, so this hit the spot for me and it was free, which is even better. My only real complaint about this is the length. I would have loved something a little longer and a bit more fleshed out. But I loved Duke and Justin and they got their happy ending, so I can deal with it being short.

But I would never say no to reading more from Duke and
Lucy
Jun 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Adorable, all I can say. Cowboys, cooks, pie and more pie. Sooooooo sweet!
Don Bradshaw
May 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, short, cowboys
Short, sweet piece of cowboy pie.
Kristan
I love me a cowboy, so when I get to read about a sexy, southern drawl, pie loving cowboy, I'm practically giddy.

This was so well written and fluffy that I was smiling through the entire thing. There's no angst or misunderstandings, just a sweet story about a cowboy and a ranch cook. The secondary characters were fun and supportive and a close, loving family. Duke and Justin have great chemistry and Anna Birmingham knows how to write a hot kiss and even hotter encounter.

This is
V
Jun 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Why this never happened to me? that I'm in the outback and I see a naked guy having a bucket shower and see him just on time when he was cleaning his big bits very thoroughly. Lucky moment for Duke indeed.
Sensual sexy story that I loved, It should be called "outback shower" because I could not care less for any kind of pies :)

Bárbara
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was soooooooo niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!!! And with just a touch of hot, which is always nicer- cause I prefer the development over all!
Good shit. Yup.
Riina Y.T.
What a lovely story! Thank you Anna :)
Duke was too sweet.. *sigh*

“You should smile more often.”

“I do smile,” I said into his hair.

“Not enough.”

“I’m too busy to smile.”

“You’re full of shit.”

“I know.”

***

“Damn right. It’s mine, all mine.” Justin grabbed the plate and pulled it in front of him, arms wrapped around the dish.

“Hey!” Mac smacked his arm. “Step away from the pie.”

Justin flipped him the finger.
Meep
A big hunk of man that bakes and a cute cowboy wearing nothing but soap suds. What's not to like?

It's very short and felt a bit fast, I would have liked it slowed to a Southern drawl and longer - but hey - A big hunk of man that bakes cookies and a cute cowboy wearing nothing but soap suds and a smirk.

A very nice distraction ;)
K
Shelves: dritc
Contemporary cowboy story, very low on the angst and drama. Duke has lived at the M&M rance for 15 years, working alongside his friends and their mother as the part time chef part time mechanic. New ranchand Justin has arrived from Alabama and sparks Duke's interest. Their relationship picks up fairly quickly and moves on to give a nice happy ending.
Morgan
Jun 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
guarding the pie

description

"youll never take it from me!!"
Rachel Emily
I just loved this! I loved the characters, Mac and Mike and Bessie stole the scenes they were in, and I loved the camaraderie between all of them as a group. Loved Justin and Duke, really enjoyed this one!
Maygirl7
Totally cute and sweet. Go forth and read. And to be totally pretentious: a nice little amuse bouche.
PS Love the title.
Lilia Ford
As warm and sweet as the pie of the title. Two sexy, adorable cowboys find love and friendship under the Texas stars. Perfect summer beach read.
Didi
I have to say Anna Birmingham you have a way with food and cook in a story. This is the second time in a row you wrote with this theme on M/M Romance "Don't Read in the Closet" event! :D

A straightforward nice story that fit the prompt and the picture. Love the banter and camaraderie of the whole ranch people. Hawt cowboys and pie y'all! Nicely done indeed!
dbbks3
Shelves: m-m, short-story, cowboys
Sweet little story about nice people with supportive friends. They made each other smile. They inspired lust in each other. There were no bad people in this story, one AH but no bad people on the ranch. I liked this story. I liked these guys. I like the happiness they gave each other.
Annika
3,5*
Sweet, light and funny cowboy romance. What I liked best? It felt real and I very much believe at the end that they'll make it. Would love to read a more fleshed out story and learn more about both, especially Justin who keeps being a little bit mysterious.
F.
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
A quick, light, uncomplicated story.
Anna Goerlitz
Sweet short piece of fluff with cowboys and pie.

Duke works as a cook and mechanic at the M&M ranch, as a kind of adopted son of the family. His 'brothers' - the two M's - and 'Mother', Bessie, are forever trying to help him with his love life. When a new ranch hand, Justin, shows up. Duke kind of want to let them help him...

This was a sweet story, if a bit underdeveloped. I liked both MCs and also the sidecharactera, but would have liked a lot more flesh on the development of the
Lioness7
Aug 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
For a short story, this was pretty cute. I liked that there was a storyline and it felt pretty complete. I feel like that is hard to do in so few of pages, but the author did a pretty good job. Yeah, I can look back and wish that the book was longer. I really liked the characters and was sad to see it end. Good job though.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Mr. Jaguar
  • If At First You Don't Succeed
  • Guarded
  • The Layover
  • Crossing the Touchline (Auckland Med. #2)
  • Raising Cade
  • Man of the Match
  • Bone to Pick (Digging Up Bones, #1)
  • Inhaling Smoke
  • Elevation
  • The Case of the Insufferable Slave
  • Un/Common Ground
  • Wolf's Honor
  • Orientation (Borealis Investigations, #1)
  • From the Ashes
  • Awakenings
  • Yarulf's Duty
  • Out in the Field (Out in College, #4)
Hello fellow readers and writers! I'm originally from the UK but currently living in and loving the USA. I have been reading and attempting to write m/m stories for around three years. It's a not so new guilty pleasure. I used to work in finance but am currently a stay at home mom to two young children under the age of four, so free time doesn't come along that often. When it does, writing about ...more