Start by marking “Cut from the Same Cloth (My Notorious Aunt, #3)” as Want to Read:
Cut from the Same Cloth (My Notorious Aunt, #3)

Cut from the Same Cloth

(My Notorious Aunt #3)

All is not as it seams...

Why does the powerfully built, golden-haired, Lord St. Cleve dress like an overdone Dandy? His outlandish wardrobe belies the hard unyielding lines of his face. Whoever he is, he’s ruining Elizabeth Hampton’s desperate scheme to secure a rich husband. Terribly vexing, to arrive at the most fashionable Breakfast Party of the Season weari
Published June 18th 2014 by Ink Lion Books (first published March 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Cut from the Same Cloth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cut from the Same Cloth

Start your review of Cut from the Same Cloth (My Notorious Aunt, #3)
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
3.5 stars. Kindle freebie as of 4/24/2017, for light Regency romance fans only. I whipped through this in one day and it was a pleasant little diversion with a decent sense of humor, if you're into this genre. It's third in a series but works fine as a stand-alone read. (I haven't read the others but apparently they're connected just in that the hero's aunt is in all three.)

Elizabeth Hampton and her brother are in financial straits. Since her brother, the heir, doesn't show much sign
Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂
The Amazon subtitle for this title was A Humorous Traditional Regency Romance.

So by 27% in I should have cracked a smile at least once, right? That would have me forgiving a supposed Regency gentleman wearing lace & other anachronisms. Embarrassingly unfunny & I only made it this far because of a game of Battledore & Shuttlecock. I have fond memories from when our whole family played badminton & I hoped it's precursor would provide a few laughs.

Nope. Just terrible.

Edit: Had a rethink & decided 2★ wlaughs.
Marlene
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cut from the Same Cloth, third in the My Notorious Aunt series by Kathleen Baldwin, is a standalone clean and comical Regency romance. It was originally published in 2005 by Zebra, but I read the 2014 Kindle version with the gorgeous cover. I selected this book because I really enjoyed the first two books in the series.

The Heroine:

Lady Elizabeth Hampton has decided on a course of action. Her family has fallen on hard times, and it is up to her to marry a rich husband who can rescue them financially. Unfortunately, she
Misfit
3.5 stars rounded up to four.

“Oh, I see. Having a bit of fun, are we? Poking your finger in society’s eye? Throwing down a challenge for Brummel and his ilk, eh? Silly me. Here I thought you were in London to find a wife.”

The girl: Elizabeth Hampton on the hunt for a wealthy husband to save her family's finances (long story, I don't need to recap it). Elizabeth has a talent with the needle and an eye for fancy cloth so she can stand out in the crowd at any party.

The guy: Lord St. Cleve (first/>The/>The/>“Oh,
Tweety
3 1/2
What a fun regency this was!

I picked this up just wanting some light brain-candy. This hit the spot and I think this author will be one I come back too when I need something light and fun. :)

It's not Georgette Heyer, or Jane Austen. I don't mean that in a bad way. I don't feel like the author was trying to copy them, just get inspiration. So for me, this was good, I feel like the author put her own stamp on it without being a copycat.

This was fun! Now I w1/2
QNPoohBear
Valen, Lord St. Clare's father is dying and makes Valen promise to find a wife who will fill his heart. Easier said than done when Valen despises all the members of the ton for their snooty ways. His mother was common born and his noble grandfather made her life miserable. Valen gives his father a half-hearted promise and heads off to London to stay with his Aunt Honore. Lady Elizabeth Hampton is in London to find a rich husband. With her father and older brother missing in America and her twin ...more
Candace
Sep 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Valen and Elizabeth

Lady Elizabeth (Izzie) is hunting for a rich husband. The family finances need saving and her twin brother, Robert, isn't coming up to snuff. Izzie feels it is up to her to save the family. Valen, Lord St. Evert, has half-heartedly promised his father, Lord Ransley, that he would search for a wife and produce a grandson before his father dies. Valen does not like the arrogance of the nobility, even though he is one of them. He dresses in outrageous outfits to snub his nose at
Mela
After A School for Unusual Girls (which I didn't finish) I have felt that perhaps I was unfair, so I pick another novel by Kathleen Baldwin. This time it was Regency romance (no fantasy).

The idea of a story was good (the hero who was forced by father to find a wife, the heroine who searched a rich husband to save her familiy). The characters were well chosen (inteligent, but they were blind considering some matters and people). The background interesting and quite complex (the story of th
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
While I didn't like this one quite as much as MISTAKEN KISS, I still thought it was pretty enjoyable. Elizabeth has a prickly personality which does somewhat soften as the story progresses. I thought some of the interactions between her at St Cleve were rather fun. It was a fun, quick read.

Content: Clean. Has more crude humor and innuendo, but not overly bad.
Sara Cardon
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: regency, fiction
Izzie and Valen's story is fun like the others. I enjoyed their clever sparing, attraction, love/hate relationship, and moments of true caring and understanding. One of the conflicts in this one is that Izzie is that most hated fortune hunting type, and Valen sees right through it and despises her kind. Except, there's more to her. And more to him than her first impression of an irritating, horribly attired dandy. There's an excellent villan in this one. I also recommend reading the afterword wr ...more
Blue Falcon
Sep 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
This review is of “Cut from the Same Cloth”, book #3 in the “My Notorious Aunt” series by Kathleen Baldwin.

The Story: In chapter 1, we meet the hero of the book, Valen Ransley, Lord St. Evert. He has been ordered by his dying father to get married and produce heirs. St. Evert, however, gets most of his pleasure from mocking the ton, London’s high society. It is in this pursuit that he meets the heroine of the book, Lady Elizabeth Hampton, and her brother, Robert. Lady Elizabeth is searching for
Linda
Sep 08, 2015 added it
Ugh

Hated the characters...especially the guy (he says that Elizabeth is arrogant. Well, HE is more arrogant and annoying than anyone could ever possibly make up!)

Elizabeth says such stupid things, falls for him and accepted his insults?! What kind of fool is this woman?!

And of all things, which pissed me off the most, Elizabeth did not confront Miss Dimworthy of her fake lisp?! I was waiting and waiting for some sort of confrontation between these two characters!

This book was sort of hu
Alaska Hults
Mar 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Neither Romantic Nor Humorous

Aunt Hanore's only reason for existence in this book is to provide a reason to include an otherwise unrelated story in the trilogy. I found elements of this story interesting, mostly Elizabeth, but it's just not humorous. Having just read the second book, they simply don't occupy the same worlds at all. And it bears repeating that Aunt Hanore, as a character, has gone from being unhinged, but plausibly well-intentioned in the first book, to cruel in the second book,
Hardly
Dec 21, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: stinkers
This book was pretty hard to read. The characters were both a-holes, basically: shallow, arrogant, and tragically stupid. Her pride is so immense (and she's so stupid and shallow) that she won't explain that she's not a snobbish mercenary, but that the fate of her family lies with her making an advantageous marriage. His grudge against the aristocracy is so immense (and he's so stupid and shallow that he doesn't wonder if there's more to her than elitist gold-digging) that he holds her in contem ...more
Kristen
This was entertaining enought, good chemistry between the H/h, I of course wish it would have been a littler cleaner. But entertaining.

Moral Note: Innuendos, some kissing, handful of language, a murder.
Tandie
Meh. This tried for a "I can't fight this feelin' anymore" vibe and failed. The spy stuff felt like it was randomly tacked on. The thing keeping the H & h apart wasn't actually a thing. I failed to connect with the characters. Not my cuppa.
Deborah Andreasen
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining

Great quick read. Aunt Honore is still quite a pill. I dislike her, but she has good intentions. There were several times I laughed out loud. You don't have to read the other books in the series before this one, but it would help.
Taylor Metcalfe
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good read. Loved the banter between characters.
Joan
Delightful and thoroughly enjoyable historical romance with more than a touch of comedy without resorting to slapstick or crudeness. A very refreshing read.
Amber
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I might be start reading more historicals again (it all goes in cycles for me) because this was a delight. A strong woman who also seems a product of her times rather than entirely anachronistic, skulduggery, a reverse snob of a hero (I can relate, bro, I take pride in being of peasant stock myself!), and interfering family make this an engaging and entertaining read. It's far from perfect, but I think perfection would likely be boring. It's a recommend for me.
Okay for Aayesha (even if she susp
Ange H
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
A quick, fluffy, forgettable Kindle freebie.

I didn't realize this was #3 in a series, that may explain why the characters and some of the situations seemed under-developed. The author stated she was influenced by Jane Austen and Georgette Heyer, and that was clear. I think she was also a fan of "The Godfather" and "The Big Lebowski." (Nice Marmot!)

One thing that struck me about this one was the chapter headings, all with "sewing" references to tie back to the title. I hav
Celestine
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very enjoyable book when you want to immerse yourself in the foibles of Regency mannerisms. Fun from beginning to end. Even a little bit of excitement, which hasn't really been the case in this series.
Donna
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vintage-romance
PG 13

I truly enjoyed this story for the humor, intelligence, and danger but feel it only fair to warn my friends and family that it pushes the limits in being clean as he is often having an internal battle to curb his carnal desires and yet it is technically clean.
S.
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: good-books
A refreshing read. Kathleen Baldwin takes the regular tropes of a regency romance and uses them to serve her purpose of a creative and original story.

Elizabeth is the desperate debutante looking for a rich husband, while Valen is the cynical and wealthy lord playing the dandy; hiding a fearsome reputation from his time spent fighting Napoleon's army on the continent. Together the two clashed and matched wit, slowly falling in love even while they both fought their growing and unwante
Connie Fischer
Jun 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lady Elizabeth Hampton is at a crossroads in her life. Her father went in search of his son who sailed to America and never returned. Now, her father is missing as well. As her twin brother is too immature to take over supporting her, she relies on her seamstress skills to make her own clothes. She is proud of the unique fabrics she finds to make her dresses. She is now in London in search of, hopefully, a wealthy husband.

Valen, Lord St. Clare is the son of a noble man and a commoner
Charissa
Nov 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun regency romance. Elizabeth is determined to find a rich husband to save her family from her father’s horrible financial decisions. When she meets Lord St. Cleve, she is horrified to realize he is wearing unmentionables in the same cut of garment as her dress. Afraid the dandy will ruin her husband seeking plan, she doesn’t want to be seen with him. But when his aunt invites her and her brother to stay with them during the season—and worse, her brother accepts—Elizabeth must deal w ...more
Bethany Swafford
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
Lady Elizabeth simply wants to repair her family's fortune by marrying well. The problem is all the likely candidates have some failing. And there is the infuriating Lord St. Evert who is doing his best to distract her from her goal.

I have adored Aunt Honore (Lady Alameda) from the moment I first read her in the first of this series. Her way of matchmaking, which exasperated her nieces in the previous two books, is now annoying her nephew, St. Evert. This original woman's stubbornnes
Jul 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-challenge
A traditional regency romance, light, entertaining, witty dialogue, likable characters and a little danger thrown into the mix.
I found this book to be and easy lighthearted read. The characters and setting was your standard typical regency style romance. Their was the meddling relative that always seemed to know what was going on before the two lovers. There was that love hate relationship that bloomed into genuine affection and attraction that left our heroine befuddled.
This was well wri
Ashley
Jan 06, 2016 rated it liked it
This was a fun witty read. I found the Aunt Honore a strange character. The way she would insult Izzie most people would get defensive and hold a grudge. So there was something about Izzie's character that was pretty incredible to laugh it off and find her endearing which made us as the reader find her endearing as well. I'm not sure I really grasped the reasoning behind Valen wearing wild clothing.

***spoiler****

I thought for sure that the issue of Valen's sec
Janet L. Hage
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Clothes should not make the man or the woman

This book has it all spies, counter-spies, fashion, romance, controlling relatives, and all for the chance of grandchildren. The captain,Valentine, is after the spy that has caused so many problems during the Napoleon War. The captain dresses as a flop to disguise his quest. Issie is just trying to find a rich husband to save herself and her family. Lucille Ball would have done a great job or playing Issie had she black hair. Well written with marv
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 19, 2015 03:22PM

• Lord Haversham Takes Command (Miss Delacourt #4)
  • Catching A Rake (A Rake's Redemption Book 3)
  • Enslaving the Day (Touched by Fire Book 2)
  • The Bolingbroke Chit (Love Takes Root Book 4)
  • Lizzie's Earl (The Heir and a Spare #3)
  • O'er The River Liffey  (Power of the Matchmaker #6)
  • An Earl's Redemption (Brides of London)
  • The Wedding Affair (Rebel Hearts, #1)
  • The Marquess (Regency Nobles, #1)
  • A Lady and Her Magic (Faerie, #1)
  • The Duke's Temptation (Men of Circumstance, #1)
  • A Dog in a Doublet (The Regency Romance Mysteries, #2)
  • Nearly Ruining Mr. Russell (Rogues & Gentlemen, #5)
  • The Perfect Duke (Georgians Beyond the Pale, #2)
  • Forever Yours Series Bundle: Books #1-3
  • The Mistress Enchants Her Marquis
  • His Bluestocking Bride  (Branches of Love #3)
  • To Dare a Duke (Girls Who Dare, #1)
Award-winning author Kathleen Baldwin loves adventure in books and in real life. She taught rock climbing in the Rockies, survival camped in the desert, was stalked by a mountain lion, lost an argument with a rattlesnake, enjoyed way too many classes in college, fell in love at least a dozen times, and married her very own hero. They’ve raised four free-spirited adventurous children.
Find mor

My Notorious Aunt (3 books)
  • Lady Fiasco (My Notorious Aunt, #1)
  • Mistaken Kiss (My Notorious Aunt, #2)
“troubles. Lord Ransley had enough courage and” 2 likes
“Love rules the court, the camp, the grove, And men below, and saints above; For love is heaven, and heaven is love.” Sir Walter Scott The Lay of the Last Minstrel, 1805” 1 likes