Start by marking “Stripped Away (The Escapade #2)” as Want to Read:
Stripped Away (The Escapade #2)

Stripped Away

(The Escapade #2)

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  160 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
HE DOESN'T RECOGNIZE HIMSELF

David Moorehouse has spent his life hiding behind masks. Nice guy. Best friend. Reverend's kid. After finding his father dead on the floor, he's been stripped of his job at the family church and his identity as the quiet, nice guy. The life he knew is over, and he doesn't know what to do next.

HE KNOWS ANGER BETTER THAN ANYONE

Ricky Slade is itchi
Published August 4th 2014 by Ellis Carrington (first published July 27th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Stripped Away, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stripped Away

Gigi
Jun 23, 2014 marked it as dnr-dnf-not-4-me
Shelves: mm-contemporary
UPDATE: Early reviews aren't great. Bummer. I'm going to hold off for just a bit.

Angry sex anyone?

I thought so!

Macky

Ellis Carrington writes complicated characters. Non of her guys have it easy. They didn't in Stripped Clean and they certainly don't in Stripped Away. Anyone who read the first in the series will remember that Ricky is the co owner of the strip cub with his BFF Greg, who was the first to get his love story told. Sammy, Ricky's drug taking brother, who featured heavily in book one as Greg's cheating boyfriend, is now in rehab, Tatiana, his ex fiancée is back on the scene coaching the girls at the
Pati
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
*I received a free ARC of Stripped Away from Ellis Carrington via Netgalley in exchange of an honest review*

Hot, complicated and heartbreaking! Dave has a hard time dealing with his father's passing away, especially because the late pastor has shown his true colors of womanizing embezzling and having a secret family known only after his death.

This and all my other reviews are originally posted on my blog (un)Conventional Bookviews
Sara
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
There are times when you read a book from an author, and you enjoy it. There are times you read a book from the same author, and you don’t. Unfortunately, Stripped Away falls into the latter category for me.

Finding out that David Moorehouse was getting his own book had me curious. We knew bits about Greg’s new brother after we learned about their father’s death in Stripped Clean. So this brother is also into boys… or so it would seem as the blurb says it’s about him and Ricky… Ricky? You mean Gr
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
DNF at 50%

Well, I tried. Let me tell you what I look for in a good MM novel and where I guess this fell short.

1). I need emotion. A bit of angsty tug of war with emotions or storyline.

2). If I don't get the decent emotion described above, I can usually get past it if I get strong MCs with FUCKHOT chemistry. But I need one or the other, preferably both.

In this book, I didn't get either of those necessities.

I didn't love either MC. The main character, David, reminded me of a dorky guy, the ki
Christina Wade - BFD Book Blog
Jun 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
ok...in case you didn't figure it out in stripped clean, ricky is a badass. and i kinda love him. out of all the characters in these 2 books, he seems like he's the one that has it the most together...until you get into his head. he has a lot of growing up to do and with everything that's going on around him, he finally gets that.

dave on the otherhand is blatantly struggling with life from the get-go. he's had a really crappy life and has never been himself. he's lived his life for everyone else
Lucy
Jul 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley, arc, m-m
3.5 stars rounded up

*copy from netgalley in exchange for honest review*

Overall I ended up enjoying this one. It's a classic opposites attracts story. The uptight closeted preacher's son (David) falling for the rough gun toting owner of a strip bar (Ricky). The chemistry between Ricky & David was decent and I enjoyed their romance. My main problem was with the Jeremy storyline (view spoiler)
The Novel Approach Reviews
Sep 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Life has not been kind to David Moorehouse. Raised by a part time father whose church, money and second family all came first, David is a bit of an emotional basket case. Torn between his “duty” to be an upstanding pillar in a now shattered faith community, and the need to be who he really is and embrace his sexuality, David is thrust into picking up the pieces of his father’s destructive legacy and take care of his ailing mother. So when his recently discovered gay half-brother walks into their ...more
Kaiti
Jul 30, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
HE DOESN'T RECOGNIZE HIMSELF

David Moorehouse has spent his life hiding behind masks. Nice guy. Best friend. Reverend's kid. After finding his father dead on the floor, he’s been stripped of his job at the family church and his identity as the quiet, nice guy. The life he knew is over, and he doesn’t know what to do next.

HE KNOWS ANGER BETTER THAN ANYONE

Ricky Slade is itching for a fight. By the time he meets David, he’s struggling to save his business, his best friend, his drug-addict brother, a
Laura Carson

****Ellis Carrington, via NetGalley, provided me with a complimentary ARC of this book for my honest review****

3 stars

David Moorehouse is lost. When he finds his father dead and scandal reaches their sleepy town, a part of him dies along with him. His public identity. He's always hidden behind the safety of it to keep the biggest secret of them all, he's gay. No longer the beloved town reverend's son who works in the quiet church library, he's left to pick up the pieces his father left behind an
Sharon
Aug 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Stripped Away is the second book in The Escapade series. The Escapade is a stripper club owned by two gay men. We met Greg in book one, Stripped Clean, and learned a little about his business partner Ricky. We also learned Greg has a step-brother, Dave, who he has never met. Stripped Away is Dave's story and brings the two brothers face to face for the first time and bringing Ricky into Dave's carefully constructed world that is now falling apart around him.

This story has one of my favorite trop
Becky Condit
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Stripped Away is a complicated book that I loved getting wrapped up in, trying to figure out what will happen next. Can you imagine being the pastor's son, having lived a life totally involved in the family's church, and when your father dies it's all stripped away? Secrets, terrible secrets, have been kept for years and now they're coming out to make David's world tilt on a different axis. He feels responsible for protecting everyone, making things right, but it's all out of his control. Add to ...more
Sue
Dec 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
HEARTBREAKING AND SWEET

With wise cracking, humorous and hawt Ricky, add straight laced and geeky David and you have quite the relationship on your hands. This dysfunctional, humorous romantic story about two men who have nothing in common but out of this world sex, is a rollercoaster ride. From the moment when the two brothers meet at their fathers funeral to them helping each other after a devastating fire. This story was about family and forgiveness and growth. I liked all the elements of expa
bookfaerie
Sep 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really love these characters & this series. I am so hoping the author continues. I don't feel I've gotten enough of Ricky and David. A lot goes on in this small world the author has created and this was such a touching and emotional story. I am not ready to let them all go.
The_Paperback_Peruser
Apr 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbt, romance-trash
Beautiful story, very well-written. I was hooked right from the start. The chemistry between David and Ricky was just off-the-charts!!
Is
Jul 24, 2014 rated it it was ok
Advanced reader's copy received by author via NetGalley in exchange of an honest review.

David Moorehouse has in a nutshell lost his identity. Though, he wasn’t enjoying life, nor living a life for himself, he at least had a job, a home, and a father. Everything changed the moment he found his father dead on the floor, blood pooling around him. Life wasn’t the same since then, and he certainly wasn’t the same guy who worked for his father’s church bookstore. Secrets are exposed, revealing an arse
Theresa
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Greg and Carlos were a great couple in the first book. This second book was a disappointment. Ricky was unlikable. David was immature. Their relationship was a long hookup with no emotional development.
Jeannie Zelos
Aug 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
Stripped Away, The Escapade 2, Ellis Carrington
Review from jeannie zelos book reviews
 So, I’d not read the first book, but this is one of those series where the books are standalone and just connected via the characters either being friends, family, workmates or something. I’ll say right from the beginning that sadly this book didn’t work for me  It sounded great but in practice I felt it fell flat.
David didn’t seem to know what he wanted, and for someone who’d previously worked in the church b
T.M. Smith
Aug 11, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5/5 stars...

Growing up in a strictly religious home where his father made an art form out of bigotry all while wearing the title of Reverend, David Moorehouse kept his sexuality a secret. So the betrayal cuts very deep when upon his father’s death, David and his mother learn that his father had another family, another wife and another son just a few hours away. And then to add salt to the still gaping wound, that brother and the brother’s best friend show up at his father’s funeral.

They get o
Molli B.

I liked this--not as much as Stripped Clean, but it was still good. A few too many quirks to earn a full 4, but better than a 3 (3s usually leave me more than somewhat annoyed, which this did not), hence the 4 rating.

Some other reviewers said they didn't feel a connection between David and Ricky, and I did, although the way they bickered was sometimes annoying. I'm all for bickering and hate-to-love relationships, but I think they fought one or two times too many--things were just a li
Laurel
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I like complex stories where the two main characters don't just meet & fall in love-lust and live HEA. I liked watching David trying to figure who he was after having all the trust around him of a faithful religious father, church, house and job gone in the blink of an eye when he discovers his father has been a cheating, deceiving man. David takes chances - going beyond his comfort zone to help a friend and in doing so interacts with the half brother he never knew he had and with Greg's bes ...more
Carol
Jun 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the second book I have read by this Author and I really enjoyed it. She manages to pack a lot of punch into her books. The MCs are flawed and human, but ultimately very likeable and half way through the book I was keeping my fingers crossed that everything would work out and they would get a really good HEA because they needed it.

A great read and this author is now on my auto-buy list.
Melissa
Aug 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

I loved the storyline. The characters were good but I didn't feel connected to them. In this book it seemed to lose focus sometimes, just ramble on about mundane things. Just think the characters need more developing and book needs a little more editing.
Marnie
They fight. They have sex. They fight again...more sex. I guess that's what this book is suppose to be about.

From the book description:

"HE KNOWS ANGER BETTER THAN ANYONE"

"Ricky Slade is itching for a fight"

"Every time they fight, they fall into bed"

My advice: less anger more heat.

I received this ARC from NetGalley.
AyoDollFace
Sep 10, 2014 added it
Shelves: dnf
I'm at about 33% and this book just could not grab my interest. It's rough and I can't seem to connect to David. Ricky I love but David's character is moving along like molasses. When I read through David's POV I feel myself start to nod off he's so boring. I may or may not come back to finish but for now it's going in the DNF pile..
Jayna
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
I received a digital ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This is an OK book. The characters were flat to me. David really annoyed me in general. Ricky wasn't much better. I found the book a bit repetitive. I'll be honest, I skimmed the last half.
Dreamer80
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!
Ellis is one of my fave authors. She knows how to play with her characters and make you feel everything they're feeling.
Kade Boehme
Aug 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved David but spent most of the book thinking Rick was a complete asshole. Mostly liked that David got his HEA and obvs keeping me drawn in is a plus.
Janie
Aug 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica, m-m-romance
Enjoyed the complicated relationship between David and Ricky, I like when opposites attract. I was shocked with Jeremy, never saw it coming.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Bigger They Come (Herc's Mercs #1)
  • Edges
  • Candy G-Roots
  • Paulie
  • Saving Liam (Saving Liam, #1)
  • Black Hurricane (Boston Boys, #3)
  • My Heartache Cowboy (The Cowboys, #2)
  • New York Cowboy
  • Better Than Safe (Better Than, #4)
  • When Adam Kissed Me (Inseparable, #2)
  • Foolish Me (The Light in Your Eye #2)
  • Lovegames (Queen City #2)
  • The Gentleman's Keeper
  • The Art of Touch
  • Normal Enough (Wrench Wars, #2)
  • Bullet (Blue Boy #1)
  • Personal Changes (Personal, #2)
  • Last Chance (First Impressions, #3)
Ellis Carrington was born after the Christmas of 2010 when she was gifted a Kindle and discovered the gay romance category on Amazon that same day. Sometimes her heroes are human and sometimes they aren’t, because angels and vampires deserve love too. Her favorite things are great friends, great music, and books that make her forget the outside world.

The Escapade (2 books)
  • Stripped Clean (The Escapade #1)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)