Start by marking “Bound by a Dragon (The Dragon Archives, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bound by a Dragon (The Dragon Archives, #1)

Bound by a Dragon

(The Dragon Archives #1)

At twenty-two, Keira Carver needs to find a husband, and quickly, but the prospects in her small medieval village are not looking too good. So when Aaron Drake, a handsome stranger, takes up residence at Storbrook Castle, set deep in the surrounding mountains, Keira takes notice. Just as interesting is the fact that a fire-breathing dragon has also moved into the neighborh ...more
Published May 18th 2014 (first published May 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Bound by a Dragon, please sign up.
Linda Hopkins Yes! The next book, Loved by a Dragon, due to be released April 28, follows both Keira and Anna, but the following book (fall 2015), will be just…moreYes! The next book, Loved by a Dragon, due to be released April 28, follows both Keira and Anna, but the following book (fall 2015), will be just about Anna. (less)

Christine
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, romance
This is a tough review to give because there *was* something about this book that kept me turning pages until the end. There was a spark of possibility here... something in the simple, inviting writing style or in the magic perhaps. I kept thinking I should put it down because by 1/3 of the way through I had identified too many weaknesses to give it an honest 3+ stars. But like I said, something just kept me going. There was so much potential here! I believe this is a new author and I can honest ...more
Dianne
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
The village knew the stories of fire-breathing dragons that once soared in the skies and they feared their return. When a handsome stranger moves into the mysterious Storbrook Castle, just as a dragon was seen in flight, Keira was intrigued, and most definitely interested in the Aaron Drake. Who is this man who peaks her interest and makes her heart pound? Refined, intelligent and something more…Aaron Drake is about to change Keira’s world, forever.

BOUND BY A DRAGON by Linda K. Hopkins is a wond
Andrea Partee
May 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: If you enjoy a unique story with romance
I adored this book and can't wait for the next one. I seriously recommend this book to just about everyone. It's simply a very good story. It's not good vs evil but instead while enjoying the story unfold the underlying message is a reminder of the human condition of fear and how different people handle the same reality.

In short I found Bound By a Dragon to be both unique and intriguing. I love love (no that wasn't a typo) and romance and after contacting the author and finding out that someone
Tatzenvieh
May 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016
I stopped reading this book halfway through. Yes, something kept me reading at some point, but the pace of the story was on one hand slow and not very exciting and on the other hand very quick regarding the development of ~feelings and stuff.

Don't get me wrong – I love dragons, Keira is ok (I guess), Aaron is ok (I guess) but I stopped reading when noticing I don't really CARE for them. Everything seems to fall into place so easy for them. Yes, there may be a bit drama in between but it's also
Lanie (Lanies Book Thoughts)
Bound by a Dragon is a sweet love story in its essence. It's about accepting someone for who they truly are even if no one else sees the beauty you do.

When it comes to the characters I enjoyed them but found them to be a bit unrealistic. Keira was too forgiving and accepting towards certain characters while Aaron was ridiculously sweet. I don't think this is a bad thing at all, on the contrary it sets this book apart from other "dragon themed romances".

As I was reading this book, I kept waitin
Ashley Daviau
Aug 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
While this book wasn't out of this world, I still did enjoy it very much nonetheless. I'm an absolute sucker for anything with dragons and the dragons in this book were great! I especially enjoyed the details we were given regarding the dragons, their habits and how they came to be. The insta-love was a bit much for me at first but they eventually grew on me as a couple and I learned to enjoy them. I thought some aspects of the story could have been fleshed out a bit more but all in all, this wa ...more
E
Aug 06, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Blah. I can't even. This book was so insta-love. No romance building, just BAM! Love. And the author couldn't have slammed you with a message any harder than she did. It wasn't a 1 star because it really takes a lot for me to rank a book that low, but this book was definitely not a good one.
A more detailed review to follow in the near future.
Lexie
Dec 27, 2014 rated it it was ok
This was too long, plain and simple.
Ronda  Tutt
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantacy
Dragon-tastic!

What an enjoyable read. I loved Keira and her sister Anna. Her father was cool, but her mother well lets just say I wanted to slap her a few times and make her eat dirt and do tons of chores like a slave - LOL

Aaron Drake (Dragon) was a sexy dream, his past story line of his mother and father is of true love to die for and it was neat to see Aaron find the love his parents had had once before the loss of their lives.

The story is full of village drama with of course a jealous idiot
Zala
Jan 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, via-web
There's only one word that, I think, perfectly describes this book, and that is: CUTE. It's a wonderful romance tale for anyone wanting to read a simple plotted and sweet, short love story.

What bothered me here, yes something had to, wasn't the lack of drama or unexpected plot twists, because I read the book precisely for the lack of them.

The first problem is that the story escalates too quickly, and I mean really 'too' soon do (view spoiler)
Lauren
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2017
This is a difficult one for me to review. And that was largely because I had expectations going into this because it's about dragons and I love anything that has dragons in but it just fell flat. That being said there was something that made me continue with the book.

The problem was it was just a love story with just a sprinkle of dragons thrown in. The main characters fell in love so quickly that I, a huge fan of slow burning romances, just found it a little ridiculous.

Bound by a Dragon is a l
Jeanne Johnston
Nov 06, 2017 rated it did not like it
Sorry, but is this a kids' fairy tale or a romance? If not for the allusions to sex, I'd say the former. The language is simplistic and stilted, the storyline wandering, and something just rubbed me the wrong way all through it. It was just... weird.
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
I really wanted to like this book more. I feel it had potential but was a tad too boring for me. It drives me crazy when I want to just hurry up and be done with a book instead of being wrapped up in what's happening. It didn't make me smile like a goofball, laugh out loud or feel much of anything at all.
Ivie
Feb 15, 2018 added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
I just couldn't finish. Too much smut in here for me. Too much lust and sensuality. Not my cup of tea.
Lyndi W.
Feb 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-star
A generous 3 stars. This was mighty predictable and I had a hell of a time not DNFing it because everyone but the H/h are kinda awful people. It was a bit too much.
Emma
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dragons, fantasy, romance
First things first, this is not my nomal sort of read and I don't think dragon-shifter-romance is going to be my "thing". However I went for it with an open mind (I'm always interested in people's different twists on fantasy tropes).

I think this is to fantasy-romance what cosy mysteries are to thrillers. The goodies are good, the baddies are bad, and those poor dupes caught in the baddie's spell are pretty stubborn when it comes to admitting they're wrong. It's not a sweeping epic with deep char
Blodeuedd Finland
Dec 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasyromance
This was soooo cheesy. Yes there was drama, but it was never any danger.

So man meets woman....everyone is all he is dangerous. For sure. He shops so much here, he must be dangerous. And when he does make his intentions clear they are all, marry that stupid guy instead and live in our crappy village. Hello! He is a LORD!

But no one ever says anything about a lord marrying some peasant girl. In this magical kingdom people are happy.

He is also a dragon btw, and she seems to fancy the dragon before t
Heather
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
I didn't enjoy this book as much as I wanted to. I found it very simple and easy to read but it lacked details and conflict. I found my self going from one chapter to the next wanting more. The love story between Keira and Aaron was very quick. They fell in love instantly and got married almost as quick. It wasn't until the last three chapters that I actually was truly interested in the story and how things ended.

I truly wanted to like this book. I absolutely love the cover and title, but the s
Regina Tam
I'm giving it a two star because its not a bad book , more like just not my cup of coffee. Its a very fluffy book on a girl who meets a shape shifting dragon and they have a romance together. I normally eat that stuff up but this book was just too bland for me. The characters react in ways that seem very unrealistic and theres not much character development to make them into well rounded characters. Long story short, I read up to the middle and skimmed the ending.sorry.
Cheri Varner
Jul 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book. Quick read. I enjoyed the characters. Biggest complaint? If he called her 'my sweet' one more time... And that's my only one- so that's not too bad. Keira is a pretty strong heroine and I liked her. I also liked Aaron. I was glad that Anna grew also and look forward to hearing more about her. Overall good read and looking forward to the next!
Jessica
Oct 08, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: hated-it
Terrible characters, terrible dialogue, and only the vaguest hint of a plot.
Teresa
Jan 31, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2019
I’ll leave it at 1.5 stars

This was really bad. Stilted prose, cringing dialogue, hard to believe insta-love, odious secondary characters and boring, boring, boring story line. There are too many flaws and shortcomings for a 2 star rating.

I kept reading a lot longer than I really wanted to, only because of the reading challenge, but I just could not continue past the 56%, because life is way too short to force oneself to persevere with pure drivel.

Popsugar Reading Challenge 2019
# 27. A book fe
Lizzie
Apr 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Sweet tale, romance without graphic lust

Most of the romance no else I read have really graphic steam scenes. Among the many little details I loved, that was one I appreciated the most. Many times authors write the story around the sex. This allowed the story to progress naturally without having to avoid graphic scenes, or lose itself to the imagination.
Joy
Feb 23, 2018 marked it as dropped
Reading this was stupid. I don't know what I was rhinking.
Joan
Jul 17, 2018 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF at 13%

Read update for explanation.

Not rating
Peg
Jun 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hopkins-linda-k
Disappointed

It sounded like it would be a good book, and it did manage to pull me into the story, but there's where it stopped. Maybe it was Keira's mother that bothered me the most. Her attitude didn't sit well with me. When you have a daughter that tells you someone is physically hurting her, you listen and side with your daughter, NOT with the man that is hurting her.
Enakshi - The E-Book Addict
5stars

A definite must read if you enjoy reading shifter romance books. The plot amd writing was amazing! Can't wait to read the next in the series!
Jenee
Aug 03, 2018 rated it did not like it
The idea for this book could have been very interesting, but the writing was weak and cheesy. I had a really hard time getting through this book.
Bianca Scharff
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was my first romance novel ever. I thought it was a romantic page turner. I was genuinely surprised at the fact that I liked it since I had always teased others about reading romance novels but it was actually really great. I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars only because I was disappointed in a really cliche line being used in such a crucial moment in the story at the end. It just didn't fit with the original story line of love and dragons.
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-star
Years ago, I read The Hobbit and fell in love with the idea of dragons. A few years after that, I read the Eragon series, another shining example of what dragons could be in a series. I loved the magic dragons bring. When I read the synopsis of this book, I was intrigued with the idea of a girl falling in love with a man that turns into one such magical beast and was very hopeful that I would like this novel, especially after noting all of the high praise this book has received.

Unfortunately, f
  • Releasing the Dragon  (Myths and Legends #1)
  • Dragonborn (The Jade Lee Romantic Fantasies, #1)
  • Dragon Fever (Masters of the Flame, #1)
  • To Light The Dragon's Fire (Dragons, Griffons and Centaurs, Oh My! #1)
  • Forbidden Bond (Twin Curse, #1)
  • The Rogue (The Rogues of Ravensmuir, #1)
  • Five Shades of Fantasy
  • Random Psychic (A Shade of Mind, #1)
  • Captured by The Dragon (The Dragon Lords, #1)
  • Dragon Mine (The Hidden, #0.5)
  • The Dragon's Appraiser: Part One
  • Tail & Trouble
  • The Selkie Bride (Sea Fey, #1)
  • Bride of the Mist (Draycott Abbey #3)
  • The Magic of Highland Dragons (The Clan MacCoinnach, #1)
  • Heart of Fire
  • The White Queen (The Black Prince Trilogy, #2)
  • Creating Fate (Unspun, #1)

The Dragon Archives (5 books)
  • Pursued by a Dragon (The Dragon Archives, #2)
  • Loved by a Dragon (The Dragon Archives #3)
  • Dance with a Dragon (The Dragon Archives #4)
  • Forever a Dragon (The Dragon Archives #5)
“precious stones –the villagers didn’t complain too loudly, despite their fears of a grisly death. After all, the payments always exceeded the worth of the animal. But the villagers remained convinced that it was just a matter of time before the dragon set the village alight and snatched the village girls. “Come on, Keira.” Anna’s words broke through Keira’s thoughts, reminding her that her parents shared the same fears as the other villagers. “Mother’ll be furious if we don’t return” 2 likes
“shouted as they grabbed their children and ran for their homes. Doors slammed shut, and locks slid into place as buildings were barred from within. Keira shook her head in amusement –a mere door wouldn’t stop a dragon! “Come,” Anna yelled, tugging on Keira’s arm, but Keira shrugged her off and stared at the monstrous beast flying above the village. The dragon had taken up residence in the mountains some six weeks back, but it had yet to” 0 likes