Start by marking “Bound by a Dragon (The Dragon Archives, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bound by a Dragon (The Dragon Archives, #1)

Bound by a Dragon

(The Dragon Archives #1)

At twenty-two, Keira Carver needs to find a husband, and quickly, but the prospects in her small medieval village are not looking too good. So when Aaron Drake, a handsome stranger, takes up residence at Storbrook Castle, set deep in the surrounding mountains, Keira takes notice. Just as interesting is the fact that a fire-breathing dragon has also moved into the neighborh ...more
Published May 18th 2014 (first published May 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Bound by a Dragon, please sign up.
Linda Hopkins Yes! The next book, Loved by a Dragon, due to be released April 28, follows both Keira and Anna, but the following book (fall 2015), will be just abou…moreYes! The next book, Loved by a Dragon, due to be released April 28, follows both Keira and Anna, but the following book (fall 2015), will be just about Anna. (less)

Start your review of Bound by a Dragon (The Dragon Archives, #1)
Christine
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, fantasy
This is a tough review to give because there *was* something about this book that kept me turning pages until the end. There was a spark of possibility here... something in the simple, inviting writing style or in the magic perhaps. I kept thinking I should put it down because by 1/3 of the way through I had identified too many weaknesses to give it an honest 3+ stars. But like I said, something just kept me going. There was so much potential here! I believe this is a new author and I can honest ...more
Dianne
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
The village knew the stories of fire-breathing dragons that once soared in the skies and they feared their return. When a handsome stranger moves into the mysterious Storbrook Castle, just as a dragon was seen in flight, Keira was intrigued, and most definitely interested in the Aaron Drake. Who is this man who peaks her interest and makes her heart pound? Refined, intelligent and something more…Aaron Drake is about to change Keira’s world, forever.

BOUND BY A DRAGON by Linda K. Hopkins is a wond
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
It was nothing special. Kinda boring. No big issues. Pretty cover. I'm shocked I'm giving it 3 stars, since I gave one of my FAVE authors 2 stars for disappointing my expectations (this is what happens when you HAVE expectations). Since I didn't have any for this book, it didn't disappoint so much as wasted my time reading it.

Good for bedtime tho, since I can always put it down when it bores me half to sleep. On second thought, 2 stars.
Andrea Partee
May 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: If you enjoy a unique story with romance
I adored this book and can't wait for the next one. I seriously recommend this book to just about everyone. It's simply a very good story. It's not good vs evil but instead while enjoying the story unfold the underlying message is a reminder of the human condition of fear and how different people handle the same reality.

In short I found Bound By a Dragon to be both unique and intriguing. I love love (no that wasn't a typo) and romance and after contacting the author and finding out that someone
Tatzenvieh
May 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016
I stopped reading this book halfway through. Yes, something kept me reading at some point, but the pace of the story was on one hand slow and not very exciting and on the other hand very quick regarding the development of ~feelings and stuff.

Don't get me wrong – I love dragons, Keira is ok (I guess), Aaron is ok (I guess) but I stopped reading when noticing I don't really CARE for them. Everything seems to fall into place so easy for them. Yes, there may be a bit drama in between but it's also
Vanessa (bookfairy95)
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, 2019, romance
Okay, so, I realise that this is probably not the best book out there and also the writing style is probably not the best.. but do I care? NO. Because I really loved this book! XD

Alright, this book is a romance. A very cheesy one. A romance that is kind of insta-love and where the male MC is just like "you are so pretty, so smart, so amazing; do you want to marry me?" and everything happened suuuper quick, but I kind of needed that right now :D

In the beginning I thought that the characters were
Lanie (Lanies Book Thoughts)
Bound by a Dragon is a sweet love story in its essence. It's about accepting someone for who they truly are even if no one else sees the beauty you do.

When it comes to the characters I enjoyed them but found them to be a bit unrealistic. Keira was too forgiving and accepting towards certain characters while Aaron was ridiculously sweet. I don't think this is a bad thing at all, on the contrary it sets this book apart from other "dragon themed romances".

As I was reading this book, I kept waitin
Lexie
Dec 27, 2014 rated it it was ok
This was too long, plain and simple.
Zala
There's only one word that perfectly describes this book, and that is: cute. A cutesy romance tale for anyone wanting to read a simple-plotted and sweet love story set in the Middle Ages, I believe.

What bothered me here, yes something had to, was, or were actually, two things. The first problem was that the story escalates too quickly, (view spoiler) way too soon.

The second thing was a particulary annoying thing the female lead, Keira, did.
Ashley Daviau
Aug 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
While this book wasn't out of this world, I still did enjoy it very much nonetheless. I'm an absolute sucker for anything with dragons and the dragons in this book were great! I especially enjoyed the details we were given regarding the dragons, their habits and how they came to be. The insta-love was a bit much for me at first but they eventually grew on me as a couple and I learned to enjoy them. I thought some aspects of the story could have been fleshed out a bit more but all in all, this wa ...more
E
Aug 06, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Blah. I can't even. This book was so insta-love. No romance building, just BAM! Love. And the author couldn't have slammed you with a message any harder than she did. It wasn't a 1 star because it really takes a lot for me to rank a book that low, but this book was definitely not a good one.
A more detailed review to follow in the near future.
Ronda  Tutt
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantacy
Dragon-tastic!

What an enjoyable read. I loved Keira and her sister Anna. Her father was cool, but her mother well lets just say I wanted to slap her a few times and make her eat dirt and do tons of chores like a slave - LOL

Aaron Drake (Dragon) was a sexy dream, his past story line of his mother and father is of true love to die for and it was neat to see Aaron find the love his parents had had once before the loss of their lives.

The story is full of village drama with of course a jealous idiot
Jennifer Erwin
Got this as a freebie download. It was an ok read. The premise of the story sounded great but there just wasn't enough in this story for me. It's a clean story, there's romance and it is alluded to but you aren't shown, which is fine and makes it suitable for younger readers, but there just seemed to be something missing from the story. I don't think there was enough drama to give you that gripping, gut wrenching, "oh em gee I have to turn the page" feelings. I wasn't as connected with this stor ...more
Blodeuedd Finland
Dec 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasyromance
This was soooo cheesy. Yes there was drama, but it was never any danger.

So man meets woman....everyone is all he is dangerous. For sure. He shops so much here, he must be dangerous. And when he does make his intentions clear they are all, marry that stupid guy instead and live in our crappy village. Hello! He is a LORD!

But no one ever says anything about a lord marrying some peasant girl. In this magical kingdom people are happy.

He is also a dragon btw, and she seems to fancy the dragon before t
Lauren
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2017
This is a difficult one for me to review. And that was largely because I had expectations going into this because it's about dragons and I love anything that has dragons in but it just fell flat. That being said there was something that made me continue with the book.

The problem was it was just a love story with just a sprinkle of dragons thrown in. The main characters fell in love so quickly that I, a huge fan of slow burning romances, just found it a little ridiculous.

Bound by a Dragon is a l
Jeanne Johnston
Nov 06, 2017 rated it did not like it
Sorry, but is this a kids' fairy tale or a romance? If not for the allusions to sex, I'd say the former. The language is simplistic and stilted, the storyline wandering, and something just rubbed me the wrong way all through it. It was just... weird.
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
I really wanted to like this book more. I feel it had potential but was a tad too boring for me. It drives me crazy when I want to just hurry up and be done with a book instead of being wrapped up in what's happening. It didn't make me smile like a goofball, laugh out loud or feel much of anything at all.
Lyndi W.
Feb 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-star
A generous 3 stars. This was mighty predictable and I had a hell of a time not DNFing it because everyone but the H/h are kinda awful people. It was a bit too much.
OldBird
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dragons, romance, fantasy
First things first, this is not my nomal sort of read and I don't think dragon-shifter-romance is going to be my "thing". However I went for it with an open mind (I'm always interested in people's different twists on fantasy tropes).

I think this is to fantasy-romance what cosy mysteries are to thrillers. The goodies are good, the baddies are bad, and those poor dupes caught in the baddie's spell are pretty stubborn when it comes to admitting they're wrong. It's not a sweeping epic with deep char
Heather
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
I didn't enjoy this book as much as I wanted to. I found it very simple and easy to read but it lacked details and conflict. I found my self going from one chapter to the next wanting more. The love story between Keira and Aaron was very quick. They fell in love instantly and got married almost as quick. It wasn't until the last three chapters that I actually was truly interested in the story and how things ended.

I truly wanted to like this book. I absolutely love the cover and title, but the s
Regina Tam
I'm giving it a two star because its not a bad book , more like just not my cup of coffee. Its a very fluffy book on a girl who meets a shape shifting dragon and they have a romance together. I normally eat that stuff up but this book was just too bland for me. The characters react in ways that seem very unrealistic and theres not much character development to make them into well rounded characters. Long story short, I read up to the middle and skimmed the ending.sorry.
Cheri Varner
Jul 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book. Quick read. I enjoyed the characters. Biggest complaint? If he called her 'my sweet' one more time... And that's my only one- so that's not too bad. Keira is a pretty strong heroine and I liked her. I also liked Aaron. I was glad that Anna grew also and look forward to hearing more about her. Overall good read and looking forward to the next!
Jessica
Oct 08, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: hated-it
Terrible characters, terrible dialogue, and only the vaguest hint of a plot.
Coco.V
Nov 10, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (11/10/2017)!
Teresa
Jan 31, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2019
I’ll leave it at 1.5 stars

This was really bad. Stilted prose, cringing dialogue, hard to believe insta-love, odious secondary characters and boring, boring, boring story line. There are too many flaws and shortcomings for a 2 star rating.

I kept reading a lot longer than I really wanted to, only because of the reading challenge, but I just could not continue past the 56%, because life is way too short to force oneself to persevere with pure drivel.

Popsugar Reading Challenge 2019
# 27. A book fe
Lizzie
Apr 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Sweet tale, romance without graphic lust

Most of the romance no else I read have really graphic steam scenes. Among the many little details I loved, that was one I appreciated the most. Many times authors write the story around the sex. This allowed the story to progress naturally without having to avoid graphic scenes, or lose itself to the imagination.
MyzanM
I’ll not write a lengthy review on this..
I’ll just use a very handy Swedish word - Lagom.
Lagom means just enough. And that is what this story had. And frankly Lagom can be a bit boring so no soaring reviews for books that is just enough interesting to pique my interest, but not enough for me to wax any poetics about it.
Judi Easley
May 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First thoughts:The fair maid actually gets to marry the dragon and live HEA, or does she? The village is still a problem as is her former suitor. And then there's the black sheep in his family. A great beginning to what I hope will be a great series!
Peg
Jun 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hopkins-linda-k
Disappointed

It sounded like it would be a good book, and it did manage to pull me into the story, but there's where it stopped. Maybe it was Keira's mother that bothered me the most. Her attitude didn't sit well with me. When you have a daughter that tells you someone is physically hurting her, you listen and side with your daughter, NOT with the man that is hurting her.
Joy
Feb 23, 2018 marked it as dropped
Reading this was stupid. I don't know what I was rhinking.

• Caught By the Dragon (Maiden to the Dragon, #1)
  • Fever Claim (The Sigma Menace #1)
  • Where Sleeping Dragons Lie (Dragon Shifters of Elysia, #1)
  • Dragonlands: Volume 1-3 (Dragonlands, #1-3)
  • Sacrificed to the Dragon (Stonefire Dragons, #1)
  • Dawn of Legend (Dragon Dusk #1)
  • Kissed by Fire (Dragonkeepers, #1)
  • Knight's Redemption (Knights of Hell, #1)
  • Dragon Pact (Blood Dragon, #1)
  • Wild (Medieval Trilogy, #2)
  • Ice (Dragon Clan, #1)
  • Curves & Alphas Box Set
  • Kiss of a Dragon (Fallen Immortals #1)
  • Highland Burn (Guardians of Scotland Book 1)
  • The Last Blackstone Dragon (Blackstone Mountain, #0.5)
  • Dragon Spell (Fated Touch, #1)
  • A Taste of Seduction (An Unlikely Husband #1)
  • Wrenching Fate (Brides of Prophecy, #1)

The Dragon Archives (5 books)
  • Pursued by a Dragon (The Dragon Archives, #2)
  • Loved by a Dragon (The Dragon Archives #3)
  • Dance with a Dragon (The Dragon Archives #4)
  • Forever a Dragon (The Dragon Archives #5)