Start by marking “Xavier Cold (Hard Knocks, #2)” as Want to Read:
Xavier Cold (Hard Knocks, #2)

Xavier Cold

(Hard Knocks #2)

One momentary loss of control has now ruined everything Xavier Cold had going for himself. With his world unraveling fast, he's willing to do anything to save not only his job but his relationship with the only woman he's ever loved. Anna Cortez, still reeling from shock, tries desperately to save the man that's consumed her heart, body, and soul. She'll have to dig deep ...more
Published January 20th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Xavier Cold, please sign up.
Lana I don't have any release dates YET because I've found giving those out before I'm satisfied with how the book is progressing add TONS of pressure to…moreI don't have any release dates YET because I've found giving those out before I'm satisfied with how the book is progressing add TONS of pressure to me and blocks my writer vibes, but I will say that I am tentatively looking to release NAUGHTY KING next month sometime and Xavier Cold in late May. grin emoticon Hope that gives a little piece of mind to all of you X fans so that you know he's not forgotten.

She wrote this on her facebook! Yay(less)

Start your review of Xavier Cold (Hard Knocks, #2)
Michelle Valentine
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Book to follow up PHENOMENAL X coming soon!

Find me on my blog: http://michelleavalentine.blogspot.co...

Find me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Michel...

Anna Cortez mixes business and pleasure after she takes a job as the assistant to Xavier Cold, a.k.a. the wrestler Phenomenal X...follow them as their story finishes up in XAVIER COLD.

description
Christy
Jan 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

photo 2B1AD80D-276A-40A9-9A3A-ECAEB06344B6_zpsj8ni3njy.jpg
“Figure out how to control all the rage inside you before it destroys us both.”

After reading Phenomenal X last year, I was dying for it’s sequel. It’s felt like the wait has been forever, but I was so happy to get the conclusion to Anna and Xavier’s story!

Due to the events that took place at the end of Phenomenal X, Xavier and Anna have a rocky few months ahead of them. It’s not an ideal situation, but it’s nothing they can’t handle. Or so they think. Being back in X’s childhood
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3.5 - 4 's

This is the final book for X and Anna and I wish I could say it was as good as the first one but it breaks my heart that I can't. It's still a good story....it's just that the plot is a bit overused and cliché and I really wanted something unique and fresh for these two.

It starts out with X getting bailed out of jail for his assault on Rex in the ring. He doesn't have to go back to jail but he still has repercussions...one being to stay away from the "wrestling" company, Tension, for
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Jun 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)
(BR with Sharon)

photo 0776A594-1FC1-4724-827D-88C268837575_zpshrv4awsn.jpg

In the second book in Xavier Cold & Anna Cortez's story, it begins with the couple dealing with the consequences & aftermath of Xavier losing his temper. Another wrestler knows just how to push his buttons, & when Xavier finally snaps, it lands him in hot water with Tension. His job is now at risk, & he is worried he has ruined his chances of becoming the World Heavyweight Champion. He is put on suspension & this not only
✿kawehi.reviews
Jun 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I received an ARC via Insklinger PR in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!!

Like many tedious fans awaiting bk2's arrival, YESSAH, I got my copy! Hehe, *Hallelujah!*

Xavier Cold is all we could want and more. Xavier is really put into a hot spot as he feels his life--past and present, his career, and his need to protect Anna from his demons come full term.

With how things ended in the first book, I'm sure everyone is biting their finger nails as to what will happen to Xavier as he is being
Rag
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: write-a-review
Review to come!

FINALLY!!! There's a release date!!

Jan.20.2016

AND THE COVERR!!

Can't wait!
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
3 Stars!! !!

I must admit I was a bit disappointed with the continuation of Xavier & Anna’s love story. The overall story was good, just not as great as I was hoping for. This picks up right where Phenomenal X left off, I found the multiple storylines a bit dramatic at times and there were just too many obstacles thrown in X and Anna’s way, along with too much self-doubt for both of them and X’s self-loathing was sad, I missed the confident, cocky alpha that he was in Phenomenal X !!
Jessica B
Aug 18, 2014 marked it as to-read
FINALLY!!! A FUCKING RELEASE DATE....

Reader
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
Like everyone else I've waited a really really long time for the conclusion to Xavier and Anna's story, and while I read it in one sitting I wish I could say it was a very good read unfortunately for me it was only okay.

It picks up right where the first book finished which was good as I hate it when authors spend loads of time going back over what happened previously, and while I fully expected Rex and Deena to still be a thorn in Xavier and Anna's lives. I didn't expect so much drama from so
*TANYA*
Dec 05, 2016 rated it liked it
X was a bit much in this book and Anna was very drama. The first book was so much better, still good though.
Alina
Aug 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. HOLY HELL YESS!!! Finally !
Note: If you haven't read Phenomenal X just yet , then you might want to read it first before starting Xavier Cold. The book continues right where the first book ended.

It only took one moment for Xavier to lose control, and now he is on the verge of losing his career as a professional wrestler. After beating the hell out of his oponent, the company decides to suspend Xavier from the following

Rebecca Teague
Aug 25, 2014 marked it as to-read
I actually stopped reading phenomenal x when I discovered it ended on a cliff hanger... I hate waiting!!! So I'll continue to wait for book #2 to begin #1 again :)
Please don't release too quick as I have over 100 books on my kindle I've yet to read!!!!
Karen Mc
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Holy X-gasm! I was so excited when Xavier Cold hit my kindle that I knew it was going to be a long and lusty night cuddled up with my X-Man. There is nothing like a fierce and fiery fighter romance to heat you up and make your heart race, and Xavier Cold is the perfect match. Xavier Cold delivers danger and deliciousness, possessing and penetrating me from brilliant beginning to enthralling end.

The ultimate alpha with the whole package, I absolutely love Xavier Cold! Gorgeous with dark hair
Brit
Jun 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
Advance Readers Copy (ARC) provided for my blog for an honest review from the lovely author

Title: Xavier Cold
Series: Hard Knocks, #2
Author: Michelle A. Valentine
Source: eARC
Pages: 237
Genre: Contemporary
Age Group: New Adult
Characters: Anna Cortez, Xavier Cold "Phenomenal X"
Point of View: Dual First
Happily Ever After: (view spoiler)
Release Date: January 20th 2016
Date Read: January 14th, 2016
Overall Rating: 2.5 Stars

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Usually I love anything that Michelle writes I even enjoyed
Sofi
Oct 03, 2014 rated it liked it
I really, really disliked how this went down. This book was so predictable, I'm saddened to say so cause I loved the first one so much.
This book totally ruined my book crush for Xavier Cold T.T
Anyway, I rated this one with 3 stars: all in all, it wasn't that bad, I still couldn't put it down, since I was totally hooked. I feel like watching WWE, because wrestling guys... they're sooooo hot.

description

Derna
Mar 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review

Xavier Cold is #2 in the Hard Knock Series by Michelle A. Valentine. I was looking forward to this one after the way #1 Phenomenal X ended. Anna and Xavier now find that they both have to fight harder than before for each other as demons from the past and those around then try to cause problems and pull them apart.

The conclusion to Anna and Xavier’s story it was not going to be an easy one for them. They had to deal with a lot,
Chrissy
Jul 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, read-in-2016
This book was the perfect conclusion to Anna and X’s story!

After the crazy cliff-hanger that we had in Phenomenal X, I have been waiting on pins and needles for this book, and it did NOT disappoint! Xavier Cold picks up right where Phenomenal X ended, and we are thrown for so many twists and turns in this book, that I wasn’t sure at times if Anna and X could ever be together without problems.

I really enjoyed how we got to see more of the struggle of X trying to figure out how to tell Anna about
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
My kindle suffered sever shaking during this book. Glad the series ended with me smiling!!!! Without giving much away, I'm keeping it short. Nice series, happy ending!!
Penny
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4 stars
Ava
Apr 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Quite some time I didn't read a normal book. This book awakened the old, innocent me. I loved it. Except for the fights. Those shouldn't be called fightings at all.

4-Phenomal-X-as-the-champion stars!
Kim
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fighters

It took awhile to reach us, but the conclusion to Xavier and Anna's story was worth the wait! Xavier Cold picks up immediately after the final pages of Phenomenal X so if you didn't read book 1, stop here and go dig into Phenomenal X now. For everyone else, let's get to it :-)

"Our love— it’s unbreakable."

Now, Anna should know that making a statement like that is basically throwing down the gauntlet for the universe to prove otherwise, don't you think?

X is still reeling from the
Shayna
The conclusion we've all been waiting for. The highly anticipated follow-up to Valentine's PHENOMENAL X is here and it did NOT disappoint! With enough ups and downs to keep us angsty romance readers happy, XAVIER COLD brought us back into the ring of Xavier and Anna's love life. Xavier lost his cool and is now dealing with the repercussions. Not only is he taken away from his passion in the ring, but he has to deal with Anna, the love of his life, being taken away from him as well. Anna still ...more
Debra Presley
Oct 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
In order to read this book you need to have read book 1 (PHENOMENAL X). I've been waiting for this book for a long time because man it ended on a pretty big cliff. Since this book is a continuation and there was a big cliffhanger my review below may be a bit vague but I really don't want to ruin it for anyone with too many details.

The story, for me, picked right back up. Michelle A. Valentine does a great job with helping us fill in any blanks we might have, but really once I was a chapter into
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
ARC provided for an honest review.

3.75 Angel Stars

When Xavier's temper gets the best of him, he has to decide if he can control himself, keep Anna safe and fight off his past demons... especially when some of those demons are real human beings who are bound and determined to drag him down.

At the same time, Anna had to decide if she's strong enough to wether Xavier's moods, anger and secretiveness, as well her family and her ex trying to bring her back into the fold.

Will family, friends,
Teresasloveosbooks
I read this phenomenal book in one nite I need to leave my review but I don't want to give anything away I will say I fell in love with #XavierCold even more than the first book in this incredible love story ...more
Beth Hudspeth
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
Glad it was wrapped up. I didn't care for certain things in the book, but it wasn't too bad overall.
Amy
Jun 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Actual Rating: 3.5 Stars!

"I stared into the eyes of the man I love without a doubt, and there's no question that this is who I was made for, the man I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with. Our love--it's unbreakable. "

Xavier Cold is finally here!!! I can not even begin to tell you how excited I was to get my hands on this book. I have been waiting and I mean waiting a long time for this book to get into my hands. And now that it's finally here, I couldn't be happier.

Xavier Cold picks
* A review copy was provided by the author for the Blog Tour *

~ 5 Stars ~

Xavier Cold is the much anticipated conclusion of Anna and Xavier's love story. This book is NOT a standalone. Phenomenal X must be read first to understand this book.

This book takes off right where book 1 ends. Xavier Cold is told in Dual POV and I was so happy to see that. We still get more of Anna's POV but we got so much more of Xavier's!! That was the one thing I was missing from book 1. I wanted to know what
Red Cheeks Reads
Jan 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
“I’ll always find my way back to you.”

Xavier Cold was the long awaiting ending to the GIANT cliffhanger that was Phenomenal X. Having been awhile since I read the first book I took the time to reread the first book and boy am I glad I did. Not only did it remind me how much I loved that book but there were so many important details I had forgotten. Xavier Cold picks up right where Phenomenal X left off and quickly surprises start happening.

“What are you doing to me, beautiful? You’re changing
Jaime
5 Stars

When I saw that we were finally getting book two in this series, this was my reaction ---

Let me tell you It was an excellent read!! Xavier Cold and Anna take you on a journey that picks up exactly where book one ended, so yes you need to read book one. These two together are explosive and sometimes I wanted to reach into the book and slap Xavier but Anna always kept him in place so all is well. This books let's you into the background of Xavier, how he grew up, what he endured, what he
The cover 1 29 May 29, 2015 03:32PM

• Love Tap
  • Maybe This Time (Maybe, #1)
  • Pulse (The Beat and the Pulse, #2)
  • Jude (Cocky Cage Fighter, #2)
  • Hetch (Men of S.W.A.T. #1)
  • Lucky (No Prisoners MC, #4)
  • Jax (Breaking the Declan Brothers, #1)
  • Jester (No Prisoners MC, #2)
  • Tyler's Undoing (Gloves Off, #1)
  • Breaking a Legend (Kavanagh Legends, #1)
  • Acer (No Prisoners MC, #3)
  • Beautifully Damaged (Beautifully Damaged, #1)
  • Raising Ryann (Bad Boy Reformed, #1)
  • Hook (No Prisoners MC, #0.5)
  • The Arrangement
  • Hell's Knights (The MC Sinners, #1)
  • Liability (Alfha Law Firm, #2)
  • Blood & Rust (New York Crime Kings, #1)
**Please direct all inquires to my website as I don't check messages on this site: www.michelleavalentine.com **

New York Times and USA Today Best Selling Author Michelle A. Valentine is a Central Ohio nurse turned author of erotic romance and New Adult novels. Her love of hard-rock music, tattoos and sexy musicians inspired her BLACK FALCON series.

Follow Michelle on Facebook:

Hard Knocks (2 books)
  • Phenomenal X (Hard Knocks, #1)