Start by marking “Timeshock: I Want My Life Back” as Want to Read:
Timeshock: I Want My Life Back

Read Excerpt

Timeshock: I Want My Life Back

Imagine what would happen if you have made different choices in life?
Nigel Saunders gave up theoretical physics to dedicate himself to his family. A mysterious stranger appears from a reality where Nigel was a physics genius who created a time machine. Nigel’s life is about to change completely in a fast-moving adventure through time and space!
Published June 21st 2014 by Stoneham Press Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Timeshock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Timeshock

Start your review of Timeshock: I Want My Life Back
Jon Spriggs
Jul 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
I was bitterly disappointed by this book, which made me quite sad. This book has the premise of a quite good novel (and I've read quite a few with quite similar back-cover text), but the story is seriously let down. I felt like this was a skeleton of a story, ready to be filled up with the content that is the meat of the story which will actually make you want to read more.

I finished the book, which was a challenge. There's no real rhythm to the story. Yes, there are funny bits but on the whole,
Richard
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you're a Sci-fi geek, a fan of time travels stories or alternate dimensions (as I am), then you're going to love this short story!

The book is a quick read, features a lot of dark humour and all the chicanery and twists we've come to expect from time travel tales. It has your head spinning, but in a good way!

I look forward to reading more of the authors work.
Tim
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Haphazard

Thiught it started out ok, but soon became confusing and rather haphazard in its storytelling. Kind of disjointed as it went along.
Patricia Corcoran
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the creativity of the story!

I challenge you to try to keep track of what is happening. It was hard to put down and so well thought out! I can’t to read the next book!
Tony Parsons
Jul 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Dr. Nigel Saunders (PhD, physics; financial mathematics) & Natalie were married had children & were in love. Raymond Deville gad been following him & needed his help. Funny thing is when the police interviewed him about the incident the female officer told him he had been dead for 10 yrs.

When Nigel got home after work there was a note to meet me at Hilda's café. He was knocked unconscious & kidnapped. His wife/kids (Nathan) were already being held captive.
Raymond divulged his story to Nigel, h
maša ♡
Jul 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
*** I've received free eBook copy from storycartel.com in exchange for an honest review***

I gave this book 4/5 stars

This is a book about man who is travelling through time and trying to fix everyone's past and lives. But then he realizes that he also travels through alternate universes. The story follows his journey.

I started reading this book with no clue what it is about and i didn't expect much. I loved the idea of plot and was really interested in it. I think this book could be better writte
Teresa Kander
Jul 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
I received a free eBook copy from storycartel.com in exchange for an honest review.

I'm a big fan of time machine stories (thanks to 50 yrs. of being a Doctor Who fangirl), and this one did not disappoint. It's not overly scientific, and it has plenty of humor,as well as suspense. There is time travel, alternative realities,alien life forms, etc.

No matter what Nigel does, there always seems to be a flaw in his plan, or in his new reality. The ending was a little disappointing, but the more I thin
Carl Berger
Dec 04, 2014 rated it it was ok
Excellent premise, quick read and well paced. That said, the character development is weak. Sadly, the book "jumps the shark" around chapter 11 as it slides sideways from time travel with it's multiple paradoxes to alien civilzations pursued in comic book style. Had the author developed his characters so we could care for them and then kept with his well developed time paradoxes to a good, even cliff hanger, finish it would have be a great read. For now..2 stars.
Mike Hammond
Jan 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Got a bit confused with the various duplicated characters in the different realities; don't know how the author kept up with it, copious notes maybe! Not really my sort of book but being short I persevered.
Stacy
Jan 06, 2015 rated it liked it
This book could have been a great book. If someone like Stephen King went with a story like this he would have made it into a 1300 page novel. This was an 86 page book. Not enough detail, jumped around to much, and writing was sloppy.
Kristina
Nov 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
Downloaded free from Kobo. Not what I thought it would be. Short & easy to read but I did not enjoy the story... it jumped around a lot. I see it is the first book in the series so maybe the story will improve but sorry to say I won't be bothering with the next book. ...more
Philip
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sci-fi, time-travel
It was OK as the rating implies but I thought it tried to be too clever and managed to confuse itself. The paradoxes of time travel were laid out but it didn't grip me as much as I wanted
Bubbajdf
Apr 05, 2015
Agasthya
Sep 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Memoirs of a Time Traveler (Time Amazon Book 1)
  • All Our Wrong Todays
  • Caught in Time
  • Time Travel Adventures Of The 1800 Club (Time Travel Adventures of the 1800 Club #1)
  • The Boy Who Fell from the Sky (The House Next Door, #1)
  • Beyond Magenta: Transgender Teens Speak Out
  • Clockwise & Gone (In Times Like These #0.5)
  • The Chronothon (In Times Like These, #2)
Timothy Michael Lewis is a London-based author. He spent 18 years working as a computer programmer and IT manager in the world of financial IT. In 2011, the death of his wife after a long illness made him reassess his life goals. He decided that he wanted to write stories, especially in the science fiction and fantasy genres. Coming from an interest in screen-writing, his writing style is a fast-m ...more