Start by marking “Jordan (Buckhorn Brothers, #4)” as Want to Read:
Jordan (Buckhorn Brothers, #4)

Jordan

(Buckhorn Brothers #4)

Jordan Sommerville was a healer of helpless animals, rescuer of strays, a man who could seduce a woman with his voice alone. Yet he

didn't use that power often. His brothers kidded that he was holding out for a paragon of virtue and not many in Buckhorn qualified. But then he met Georgia, and broke all his own rules.

Georgia Barnes supported herself and her kids as a dancera
Published March 13th 2007 by Harlequin Readers' Choice (first published September 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Jordan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jordan

Start your review of Jordan (Buckhorn Brothers, #4)
Jen
Another great reread!!! Moving on to Casey's book!
Kristi
Jul 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Another fun addition to the series! This one made me even more excited for Casey's book!
Bookswithbenefits
Jan 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Synopsis: Jordan, the most quiet Hudson brother, meets a lady he can't deny in the middle of a loud raucous bar room burlesque. Georgia, the divorced mother of two children, is struggling to make ends meet any way she can--even if it means dancing for town drunks. When Jordan comes to the bar to talk to the owner about controlling his patrons and limiting the beer they're allowed to drink, he gets caught up in Georgia's hectic world. Will Jordan convince Georgia that he is nothing like the other ...more
Dee
Two-haiku review:

She dances in bar
He sees her, can't resist her
But she resists him

Def read in order
Whole big family involved
Very nice romance
Gina
Sep 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
This was a fun short book, entertaining. Made me laugh a few times and I got into Jordan and Georgia. I really enjoyed the Buckhorn brothers. And it was fun seeing Jordan dealing with Georgia being a dancer at a seedy bar. Light fun read.
Ann
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great book by Lori Foster Jordan and George you were meant to be together he's kind and sweet and caring and so is she any guy that loves a woman but can also love her kids is such a wonderful guy
Inge
Dec 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Jordan's choice of woman was a surprise but as the story developed you started recognizing the appeal. It was fun to read, especially as he falls as hard for the kids as the mother.
Tamara
Jun 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Jordan, Town vet, strong silent type, pacifist, Ha! It all changes when he meets Greogia. A single mother of 2 with an ill mother and a job in a disreptable bar. Jordan wants her, bt doesn't want to want her, but he's a goner at the start!
This story made me cry happy tears, always the sign of a good boo to me!
Kathrynn
Book #4 and Jordan, the vet, meets Georgia, the single mom of 2 and exotic dancer. I didn't care for either character. Jordan just wanted her for sex. A lot of this book was spent on a "corny" happy ending(s) of all the other brothers (books 1-3).

Jamoz23
Apr 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read in the box set FOREVER BUCKHORN through my library for some fun old-fashioned reading.
Liked that Jordon didn’t fight his feelings for Georgia as badly as his brothers did but helped out in a sad situation.
I do love how this family pulls together on every important occasion.
I really felt for Georgia and everything she had gone through. It was great to see her triumph over her situation. As any mother knows you will do anything to feed and clothe your children.
Ruth hooking up with Honey and
Tonya Warner
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jordan Somerville is the mellowest of the four brothers. A gentle voice that gentles the animals he works with, he finds that his mild manners are not up to task when he encounters Georgia Barnes. The way she dances on stage puts more than a few erotic images in to his mind. But is he really looking for a woman with two young children and the imstakes she has made.

Georgia has to work. Being an exotic dance helps pay for the home her children and mother are trying to finish. It's what keeps food
Veronica Rivera
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was the 3rd brother but the 4th book in the series. Jordan is reserved compared to his three brothers Sawyer, Morgan, and Gabe, but Jordan's heart is all about the care of the animals in his care.

Georgia is a mom of 2, and she also takes care of her mom who is ill, so what if she dances at a bar at night, and waits on tables during the day, she does what is needed to give her children what they need.

Now this book was good, I loved this character maybe because he was always the unknown, ver
Amanda
Another great addition to this already great series!
I am really enjoying the whole no real drama or angst in this series. These men know what they want and go full steam to get it without the extra drama.
Jordan though there were moments when he cause a bit of drama what with his over possessive protectiveness over Georgia...everything he did was to protect her, the drama which was more along the lines of embarrassment was a side effects.

I REALLY loved the interwoven parts with Casey and Emma, an
Michelle Graves
May 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe how they met. But it became like a dream that he found a woman that kept his interest more than anyone else could. It doesn't matter about her past cause he's different than alot of guys and it's how he was brought up the rt way whether he had a father or not. He would do the best 4 her and convince her his feelings r true and won't b like anything b4.
Abbie Lairson
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Everything was going fine in all the series...until I met Emma. I hate her. Absolutely do not like her one bit. I was thinking about buying the series but I can’t because I can’t handle Emma. I DONT LIKE HER!!🙄🙄😡🤯
Shivangi Rai
Jul 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Why did you do it Lori Foster????????????? WHY????
I loved Jordan from the beginning, but his story? There was nothing like Jordan in the story. I couldn't relate to him and it wasn't any interesting as the rest of the books. It seemed forced.
Bernie
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jordan is the fourth book in The Buckhorn Brothers series written by author Lori Foster. Funny and sweet.
Sue Stewart
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved Jordan and Georgia's story. This is such an awesome family!!!
Christine D
overall, I enjoyed the Buckhorn brothers.
Cruth
Oct 09, 2018 rated it liked it
I wasn't expecting to enjoy it, and Jordan did start out a bit pretentious, but it grew on me.
Emily
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read. love all the Buckhorn brothers
Kathy
Jun 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, family
Maura
Nate Brightman
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
Not a bad book by any means but my least favorite book of this series. Much of Jordan's character as the quiet caring brother/vetrinarian fails to come out in the telling of this story. While many of his actions show him as a caring, protective man throughout the book his internal monologue and many of his direct conversations portray him driven more by lust than love and true affection for Georgia. As a man I get the whole sex drive/lust/sexual chemistry angle but it seems as though Ms. Foster ...more
JadeShea
Jordan begins when Jordan and several other men go to the new bar that opened up recently right outside of town. There have been several drunks go through town terrorizing animals, and just getting into trouble and the people of Buckhorn are tired of it. But what Jordan didn't expect was to meet Georgia the dancer for the bar. He has an instant attraction to her, and immediately wants to help her. So he enlists the help of his family to bring her and her two young children into the fold. Jordan ...more
ambe_loves2read
May 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really liked reading Jordan's story. It was interesting to get to see another side of and hear more about a character than is known as so easy going, calm, and such in the other books. You also get a to see all of the other loved characters you love in this story.

This book and Gabe's story helped me get out of a book slump. I've loved these brothers from book one and this book just helped cement that. I had every plan on starting Casey's story as soon as I was done with this one, but if I hadn
Dominus~
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love this brothers and I will be really sad when they all finish with their lives. Now this is intriguing huh? The girls with children getting the best guys? Haha! Maybe I should....nah! No freaking way! So I really love Georgia though not her name, haha! I feel Shakira all over her and damn it if Shakira isn't a force to be reckoned with. But then I remember Lizzy having an amazing body but Georgia obviously has more rack than them and her being a dancer adds to that. No dancer in this world ...more
Angela
So I was surprised that I didn't see more of Jordan's veterinary work in this book. I saw plenty of Morgan's sheriff work and Sawyer's doctor work, but not Jordan's work. I was ok with that. I saw enough of his work in Gabe's book.

Anyways. I liked this book. Great story line and backstory for Georgia. I also loved how all the brothers were incorporated into his story. I loved getting to see into their lives because I loved their stories.

The only thing I didn't like was that Casey had his story
Mandy
Sep 17, 2013 rated it did not like it
According to GR and Amazon, I’m the only person in the world who didn’t swoon for this book. Ugh. I thought that the last book, Gabe, was lacking. This one’s even worse! There’s basically no character depth. Both of the leads are just big stereotypes and nothing happens in the book.

Georgia is a single mother making ends meet by burlesque dancing in a country dive. Blah. Jordon, the strong silent type, steps in to lend a hand when her mother is hospitalized. Blah. He watches her kids, cooks, cle
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Lori Foster's New Winston Story Featured in New Anthology 1 8 Dec 01, 2009 09:40AM

• Dare to Hold (Dare to Love, #4)
  • Dare to Rock (Dare to Love, #5)
  • Wyoming Tough (Wyoming Men, #1)
  • Come Lie with Me
  • Simply Sinful (Simply #1)
  • I Love How You Love Me (Seattle Sullivans #5; The Sullivans #13)
  • My Kind of Wonderful (Cedar Ridge, #2)
  • The Mackenzie Family (Mackenzie Family, #3-3.5)
  • Rev It Up (Black Knights Inc., #3)
  • What to Do with a Bad Boy (The McCauley Brothers, #4)
  • Thrill Ride (Black Knights Inc., #4)
  • Too Hard to Handle (Black Knights Inc., #8)
  • The Last Chance Cafe
  • Just To Be With You (Seattle Sullivans #4; The Sullivans #12)
  • It Must Be Your Love (Seattle Sullivans #3; The Sullivans #11)
  • Nobody But You (Cedar Ridge, #3)
  • Built to Last (Black Knights Inc., #12)
  • Dare to Desire (Dare to Love, #2)

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds from t

Buckhorn Brothers (5 books)
  • Sawyer (Buckhorn Brothers, #1)
  • Morgan (Buckhorn Brothers, #2)
  • Gabe (Buckhorn Brothers, #3)
  • Casey (Buckhorn Brothers, #5)