Start by marking “In Still Darkness (Immortal Guardians, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
In Still Darkness (Immortal Guardians, #3.5)

In Still Darkness

(Immortal Guardians #3.5)

Originally published in "Predatory"

In Dianne Duvall s world of Immortal Guardians, the stakes for mortals are high, but the cost especially to the heart might be higher "

It s not the first time Immortal Guardian Richart d Alencon has saved a human life from eternal damnation. Usually, he moves on, a nameless savior like a ghost in the night. But this time he can t seem to
Published July 29th 2014 by Zebra Books

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
Okay let me keep this short and sweet. While I enjoyed In Still Darkness I was not pleased that it was a novella. I love Richart and felt like he got screwed getting a short story. The timeline jumps around a lot and made it feel choppy. I wanted more from Richart and Jenna's story. Still it was cute I just wanted it longer!
CC
Sep 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet short story. I was happy Richart found his HEA. It is quite repetitive if you have read books 2 and 3 but I still wanted to read abut Richart and Jenna.

I think Chris should open up an Immortal Guardian dating service ;-)
Erika

The timeline of this book overlaps with Books 2 and 3 of the series, so I ended up reading it concomitantly with those two.

This was a sweet romance, and I enjoyed it very much. The reason for the lower rating is just because it didn't quite have the same depth (maybe because it was short) as the first two books in the series. As usual with this author, both the hero Richart and heroine, Jenna, were likable. Richart was super sweet in his wooing of Jenna. I happen to think his gift of t
Malinda
In Still Darkness by Dianne Duvall

4.5-5 stars

This was a great story. I've read the rest of the Immortal Guardians series and loved it so I was really thrilled to see Richart get his story.

Jenna is 37 years old and has a son that just started college. She works as the night manager at a superstore. She hasn't had things easy but has made a good life for her and her son. One night at the end of work she is attacked by Vampires and is saved. In gratitude for saving her, she gives her savior a kiss
Megan Riverina Romantics/Meggerfly
*I listened to Predatory, an anthology containing this story.

Rating: ❤❤❤❤❤
Heat Rating: 🔥🔥🔥
Narrator Performance: 🎧🎧🎧

OMG what a fantastic read! I've seriously fallen for Richart! Maybe it's because he's a sweetheart. Or maybe it's that sexy accent!

I really enjoy Duvall's Immortal Guardians series and as expected Richart's story did not disappoint. Richart was sweet and sexy and Jenna was a very strong woman in her own way. A young widowed mom has to be in order to raise her child to be a well adj
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)

**Read as part of Predatory **

This one is part of the Immortal Guardian #3.5 series. It features Richart a Guardian and Jenna a human. The characters and concept are interesting. I was a little confused at the beginning on what the differences where between a Guardian and a Vampire, but that was answered farther along in the novella.

I did have a little issue when Richart was ambushed and ends up in Jenna’s living room. Jenna and son should have looked for a wallet on him, a phone, or some way to
Angie
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Actual rating: 4.25⭐

I read Etienne's story before this and I realized that Richart already found his partner without my knowledge, lol.😁 It turns out that Richart have his own novella on how he met Jenna.

I don't usually have high expectations with novellas. They're too short and fast paced that some parts are sometimes hurried and compressed to shorten the story. But I badly want to know Richart's story.😆

There's a lot of time leaps here. There were parts from the second book too, the time when A
AJ
Jul 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
I am fast becoming a mad fan of the Immortal Guardians series, and originally bought the full book Predatory, just so that I could read Richart's novella. But it's now been released all on its own, so Immortal Guardians fans - what are you waiting for???

I love Richart, and his secret romance has been hinted at during the last couple of books of the series, and while I was initially sad that he only gets a novella and not a full length book, I was happy to find that this novella is pure romance.
Jen Davis
Aug 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Even novellas in this series manage to satisfy me. You don’t need to read this story to keep up with the series arc. In fact, some of the events take place at the same time as previous books. But fans of the Immortal Guardians wouldn’t want to miss the chance to meet Richart’s mysterious Jenna and watch them fall in love!

Richart first lays eyes on Jenna when he saves her from a vampire attack. In her bite-induced haze, she lays an unforgettable kiss on him and ever since, he has been looking for
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Jul 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In Still Darkness originally appeared in the Predatory anthology. If you are like me and not too big on anthologies this is definitely the way to read Richart and Jenna's story.

First of all I am a HUGE Immortal Guardians fan. I liked how this story seems to run in the background of Night Reigns and Phantom Shadows. Readers have known that Richart has had a human girlfriend. He spent much time on the phone with her during the last book. That was all readers got though. Now Dianne lets her readers
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2018
I remember in Night Reigns and Phantom Shadows Richart meeting someone and developing a relationship with them (all off the page). It was nice to read Jenna and Richart's story; seeing how they first met, dated. Even though this was short, I didn't feel like I was missing anything. It all worked!
Dali
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
“I am so smitten with you.”

That’s basically what I feel towards Dianne Duvall’s Immortal Guardian series. Ever since I read the first book make a happy dance when a new book is announced and hug my eReader when it finally arrives there.

In this brief story we go back in time a bit to when handsome, compelling Richart d'Alençon meets and woos the very lovely and very human Jenna. Their romance was “sweet and erotic all at once and I was captivated.”

I truly am smitten with these Immortals and
Steph
In Still Darkness is a short, originally part of the anthology Predatory, told mostly from Immortal Guardian Richart d Alencon's POV. His story takes place between Night Reigns (2), Phantom Shadows (3) and Darkness Rises (4).

Fans of the series will love this look at how Richart met Jenna, how he courts her and how she comes to learn his secret.
"You ... teleported into the living room."
Alarm surged through him.
"Sporting fangs."
He clamped his lips shut.
"Drenched in blood."
Holy hell.
"With
namericanwordcat
I love a working class heroine with a real job and a real life she has to attend to and this story has that. This book is action packed but the main characters date. I love dating in a book. I am not sure the Richart here matches the Richart from the other books in the series but he was sweetheart and very sexy. Pick up this whole series if you have not yet.
Rachel
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome add to the series. A shorter story but we have seen some in the other books for Richart and Jenna. Loved to get the extra information from her point of view while other battles where going on. Great ending leading into the other books. Can't wait for the next.
Theresa
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, 2016
4.5 Stars
Adriana
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Immortal Guardian twin Richart d’Alencon is used to saving humans and slaying mad vampires, in his quest to keep the secret of their existence and humanity safe. What he isn’t accustomed to is being kissed by a beautiful human after saving her life. Neither is he used to not being able to move on from an encounter. But Jenna has gotten under his skin and so is the need to keep on protecting her. A single mom, Jenna works hard to put food on the table and put her son through medical school. But w ...more
'i Mari 🍷 YAAAAAAS
This book is a nice little read. The only one I hadn't read and here we are! Patiently waiting for Seth's book because finally, I've ticked all the others. Jenna is a gem; she's so chill! And Richart *sigh* French buttery goodness, anyone?

Anyway, I've put off finishing this little nugget for a while now. Just because I wanted something of the next book before I finished this but I'm guessing re-reads would have to do LOL. So I'm off to start re-reading, folks!

Adios & Happy Reading! xx
Kathy
Aug 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Michelle Reuss
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This novella was really good. I already loved Richart from getting to know him in the previous books. Who doesn't love a hot, sexy immortal with a French accent. Richart meets Jenna while out hunting vampires and with one kiss he is head over hills. Richart and Jenna's book may be a lot smaller than the other books, but nothing was left out. I love how Dianne Duvall keeps her characters going in the rest of the series. I feel like I get to see how the couples progress and grow.
Amanda
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yippee

I have read all the books numerous times, even have read the other novella, but I have no idea why I haven’t read Richart’s and Jenna’s story before especially since it came out in 2013! (Its 2018 now) I am so glad to have finally read, even though it’s a novella it’s still packed with all the awesomeness of the full length novels.
Sherene
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book! Very well written as always! Well presented and defined H/h + secondary characters. Engaging plot and emotional connectivity at a perfect pace..... love her writing but..... one small thing;

This should be 2.5 instead of 3.5 because it skips back to the time frame of book 2 whereas book 3 is after the situation in book 2 has been resolved.
Maria
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this one. Ritchard really deserved his life partner. This was moving in its own way. Start of book referenced parts of previous 3 books. Again, recommend to read in order to follow characters.
Caitlin
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute and fun little read in the Immortal Guardians family. Was a great "bridge" book to show what Richart has been up to while his fellow immortals were all busy falling in love. I'm looking forward to getting a glimpse of these two as the series continues!
Cheryl
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read this story as part of another book. It is an excellent story but I found that a couple of the parts were lacking in information. There was like a gap in the story line because of how it was cut from the other book. It is still an excellent story!
Paulette
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was quick paced, with lots packed into it. It was good to finally know what happened between Richart and Jenna.
Dianne Duval has created such a fascinating world, with interesting characters. It keeps you coming back for more to see how the characters and storyline evolve.
Cathy Hildreth
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow

I love how it starts with him saving her then how interest comes into play then finding the one who infected her -I probably could have heard a little more about John and what he studing ,but that's 👌
Sandy Schleich
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I like this book but you definitely have to read The books in the series before this one. In this book there is a lot of overlapping from the previous books that is why you have to read the ones before it. The only thing I did not like about this book is it was too short.
Jane
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The only problem with this book is that it's not a full-length book! I want more about Richart and Jenna!
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
i love this series. Really enjoyed this book it went by to quickly
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Dianne Duvall's I...: Jenna and Richart 2 8 Feb 19, 2017 03:55AM

• Predatory (The Sentinels, #0.5, Immortal Guardians, #3.5)
  • Wildfire Gospel (Santeria Habitat, #3)
  • Blood Unleashed (Blood Stone #3)
  • The Darkening (Guardians of Ascension, #6.5; Dawn of Ascension, #2)
  • Tamed (Dark Protectors, #6.5)
  • Hidden by Blood (Sweetblood, #1.5)
  • Remembered By Moonlight (Moonlight, #9)
  • Midnight (The Shadow Keepers, #3.5)
  • The Better To See You (Transplanted Tales, #2)
  • Redemption (Lacey Hannigan Trilogy, #3)
  • Eternal Flame Bundle (Night Watch, #1-3)
  • The Viscount in Her Bedroom (Willow Pond, #3)
  • Awakening the Warriors (The Darkon Warrior Series #1.5)
  • Tempting the Prince (Flambeau Sisters, #2)(The Kazanovs, #5)
  • The Mysterious Madam Morpho (Blud, #1.5)
  • Claim Me (A1pha #3)
  • A Taste of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #9.5)
  • Heavy Metal (Goddesses Rising, #2)

Dianne Duvall is the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author of the Immortal Guardians and The Gifted Ones series. Reviewers have called Dianne's books "fast-paced and humorous" (Publishers Weekly), "utterly addictive" (RT Book Reviews), "extraordinary" (Long and Short Reviews), and "wonderfully imaginative" (The Romance Reviews). Her books have twice been nominated for RT Reviewers' Choic

Immortal Guardians (9 books)
  • Darkness Dawns (Immortal Guardians, #1)
  • Night Reigns (Immortal Guardians, #2)
  • Phantom Shadows (Immortal Guardians, #3)
  • Darkness Rises (Immortal Guardians, #4)
  • Night Unbound (Immortal Guardians, #5)
  • Shadows Strike (Immortal Guardians, #6)
  • Blade of Darkness (Immortal Guardians, #7)
  • Awaken the Darkness (Immortal Guardians #8)
  • Death of Darkness  (Immortal Guardians, #9)
“She hesitated. "You know I'm older than you, right?"

Richard stared down at her and forced himself not to laugh at the irony. He may be over two hundred years old, but he looked as if he were in his late twenties, thirty at the most. And Jenna was worried that her being thirty-seven would be a problem?

A hint of insecurity entered her features. "I don't mean to press this, but... I dated a guy once--- very briefly---who said the same thing until his friends found out and started to razz him about it. I'm thirty-seven. Are you sure that isn't a problem?"

"I don't know why his friends would tease him about dating you unless they were envious. You look like you're in your twenties, Jenna. Not much older than your son, in fact. And, if you looked like you were in your forties, guess what. I would be just as interested."

She smiled and closed the distance between them. "And if I looked like I were in my fifties?"

"Still interested."

"Sixties?"

"I happen to think laugh lines are hot.”
0 likes
“You're a rare breed, Richard d'Alencon."

She didn't know the half of it.

Unable to resist, he dipped his head and touched his lips to hers in a gentle caress.

Her breath caught.