Start by marking “The Master (The Game Maker #2)” as Want to Read:
The Master (The Game Maker #2)

The Master

(The Game Maker #2)

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  15,951 ratings  ·  1,607 reviews
A need colder than Siberian winter meets an attitude hotter than the Florida sun in #1 New York Times bestselling author Kresley Cole’s sultry new Game Maker novel.

Everyone fears the Master...

Rich, irresistible politician/Mafya boss Maksimilian Sevastyan prefers tall, obedient blondes to fulfill his... complicated desires. That is, until the icy Russian encounters a disobe
Published February 17th 2015 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about The Master, please sign up.
Amanda I don't really like BDSM based novels either, but I read this one because Kresley Cole wrote it and actually loved it. There's really only one scene, …moreI don't really like BDSM based novels either, but I read this one because Kresley Cole wrote it and actually loved it. There's really only one scene, maaaaaybe two, that I thought pushed the envelope a little bit, but even that was very mild for BDSM. Cole starts us off slow- not the sex, that's hot as ever and right from the get go!- and gently introduces some BDSM concepts. I would normally not suggest this, but if you're looking into this series, I suggest you start with this one and then read The Professional... while this one follows the events of the first, it's not ABSOLUTELY necessary to read them in order. I hope you'll give it a chance, let me know what you think!(less)
Jinxy No. Each book is a standalone novel. They are, however, connected stories as each one focuses on one of the three brothers. I read this one first and …moreNo. Each book is a standalone novel. They are, however, connected stories as each one focuses on one of the three brothers. I read this one first and had no problems as everything you need to know is explained. (less)

·  15,951 ratings  ·  1,607 reviews

Start your review of The Master (The Game Maker #2)
Candace
I hadn't planned on reading 'The Master' this week, but at the end of 'The Warlord Wants Forever' an extended teaser was provided. I usually skip the teasers at the end of my books, but for some reason I decided to give it a go. They weren't kidding when they said it was an "extended" teaser either! Eleven chapters later, I was so engrossed in this story that there was no way I wasn't going to finish it!

This is the second book in 'The Game Maker' series, but it can easily be read as a standalone
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

★★★★ ½! The Master (stand-alone) book 2 of 3. Russian mobster’s life gets complicated by a dark beauty with a past!

Books in The Game Maker series are stand-alones, but most enjoyed if read in order:
Book 1: The Professional
Book 2: The Master
Book 3: The Player

Another book I read and never had a chance to review nor rate.

It was supposed to be for only one night…

Russian politician, businessman and mobster Maksimilian Sevastyan, Máxim hires an escort for the night. Secretive Catarina Marín, Katya on
Sammy Loves Books
I’d never felt safer with a man—or cheaper. How could he be so tender, so praising? Then so cruel? Everything with him was an extreme.
The pleasure was extreme.

smirking

I've got a new book boyfriend and his name is Maksimilian Sevastyan...just saying his name puts me in the mood to read this fabulous book all over again!! Let's call him Maxim for short. He's a mega rich Russian mob boss/ politician and he's just come to Miami to invest in shoreline property. Maxim does not believe in dating or any typ
Bibi
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wow!! Thanks, Mina!
~IreneOust~

'The Master' promo-trailer (fan-made)

¡Dios mío!

One of THE sexiest and most entertaining books I've read in a while!

I really enjoyed the first installment, The Professional , in The Game Maker Series but this one I absolutely LOVED! Not very many authors can get away with 70/30 sex to story ratio but Kresley Cole is The Master. Pun most definitely intended!

I adored both characters!

Cat immediately landed on the'top five of my most favorite heroines ever written' list. She is fun, witty, e
Tears Of Venus
ETA : Yes, this book contains A LOT of sex scenes, but Maxim + Cat = Happy Mina 🖤🖤

This book. THIS. BOOK.

Because I'm trying to catch up on a lot of rating and reviewing, my reviews are mostly one liners. But this book deserves at least a five pages essay. At the very least, people.

I didn't like the first book in this series, it just didn't grab me and I couldn't connect to the MCs. When I think I almost didn't pick this one up

Maksimilian Sevastyan is one of my all times favorite heroes. And yo
P
Jun 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica
“You aren’t done with me yet?” He pinned my gaze with his own. With a surprisingly smooth accent, he told me, “Nunca voy a terminar contigo.” I’ll never be done with you.”

The Master is improved tremendously for the story which is more consistent and active than The Professional. Maksimilian isn't a tortured hero as Aleksei or Dmitri, he deals with a problem with power and dominant side of him. When Cat walks into his life and screws it up, Maksim acts as if he is a lion annoyed by a lamp. Th
Wendy'sThoughts
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Kresley Cole Fans, Romance
Recommended to Wendy'sThoughts by: Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5 Best Guilty Pleasure Ever Stars
* * * * * Spoiler Free-2006 Review A Wendy Disclaimer:
Please read all of the other fantastic reviews for more story/detail content

I was looking at my Update Feeds and saw all of my friends hitting like/comment on Deanna <3 Pink Lady<3's Review for The Master. I read the review and was blown away...and intrigued...for it was an ode to the book but also a thank you to Irene Oust for the recommendation. After reading the review, I had to add my two cents; my commen
Sophia Triad
Absolutely AWESOME!

"You aren’t done with me yet?" He pinned my gaze with his own. With a surprisingly smooth accent, he told me, "Nunca voy a terminar contigo." I’ll never be done with you.

This ticked all the boxes for becoming a favourite book:

1. good love story,
9. lots of fun,
10. a mixture of three different powe
Pam
5 fucktastic stars
“I see you, hear you, smell you, feel you. You should be haunted by men.”

The Master spins a highly erotic tale of “The hobbyist and his courtesan."

Maksimilian Sevastyan is six and a half feet of hard-bodied Russian ruthlessness and Catarina Marín, is the sassy latina looking to reclaim her life, forcing him to operate outside his carefully planned script. She is the fuel to his fire, their passion is unstoppable, and the game they play could leave them burned...

I a
vee
Mar 02, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2-stars
too many (much?) smut
Dee Montoya
1000 Stars*********************************************************

(This book was a gift from my sweet friend Irene)

The Master was one of those books that deeply resonated with me. Everything about the story ignited something powerful inside me. The strong characters, the hilarious and steamy plot and the fact that the story was set in Miami, made this book absolute perfection to me.

photo image_zpsnfoxmtda.png

Muchas gracias, Botox.

Cat is a woman who is running from the past. She made one huge mistake that has cos
Jx PinkLady Reviews ♡ bookwormthoughts
Amazon US * Amazon UK

THE MASTER is a story my very good friend urged me to read FOREVER, finally I did and this just proves I should always trust my friends because this book is EVERYTHING I love about love and romance stories.

The protagonist's, Maksim and Catarina, set the scene with their equally rich histories. A Russian billionaire, who's one of Europe’s most eligible bachelors and a powerful politician, shares the page with a heroine whom finds herself confronted with the gorgeous billiona
VB Book Reviews
5 Little Witch Meets DDG Stars!!!

"How much will it cost to let me do anything I desire to you?” What would a guy like this— gorgeous, rich, condescending— want? “Some things aren’t on the table.” A flash of anger. “Everything is on my table, little girl.”

This book was fan-freaking-tastic!!! Wow!! My last couple of personal reads have been just ok so I was ready for something to blow me away and THIS totally did just that!!!

photo GerardButler_zps8a959469.jpg

photo d76b617a837230f9d87749ffd6c2417e_zps9b1c36ba.jpg

It's totally a fun, sexy version of Pretty Woman, Ru
Beverly
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So I discovered Kresley Cole’s AWESOME books on Goodreads when I read some of my friend’s reviews. This is my second book so far and I am hooked. I love her writing, it’s so descriptive without being wordy. Then there is the way she describes things, it’s in such a way that you can truly see and feel for the characters. No joke, I want to read all her book now!

The Master is the second book in this series, but focuses on different characters. It was recommended to me to read them in order and I a
Cristina
Mar 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Cristina by: Teri
This book left me...

description

After Teri recommended me this novel (thanks so much hon :*) I immediately read the blurb, liked it and got the book. Once I started reading it I could not put it down.

description

Well...because this book has 4 key ingredients that make a great novel for me.

1. Good writing (most of the books I DNF are because the writing makes me want to claw out my eyes)

2. A strong female heroine...and this book has one of the most strong and brave women I have met in my books.

3. A hot billionaire maf
Melanie A. *mostly on hiatus*
5 STARS!
I was his sun.
Gah! The Master was exactly my kind of book!

Nothing better than a story where the hero and heroine are evenly matched, each giving as good as they get, over and over again. The back and forth sparring between Cat and Maxim was fabulous! Plus, there was humor, hot sex, and a dash of angst. I couldn't have asked for more (except maybe for the time needed to write a proper review.)

On to book 3!
Vishous
3.5

First 75% of this book was sex.... sex.... just sex....lots of sex.. sex inside of sex... orgasms... lots of orgasms... multiple orgasms... orgasms inside of orgasms....

The rest of the % was some plot which I expected to be through the whole book by the way it started ....

Let me tell you just one thing:

If Maxim was in my bed... I could die happy.

alluring B ❄︎
3-omfg-stars

Sooooo listen, was this book steamy af? um yea. did i fan myself several times while reading this? you bet. I guess what i'm saying is if you want 97% steam in your romance then this is it—trust me you'll enJOY it xD

Since this book was published back in 2015, i really didnt mind the lack of plot in here bcs i kinda expected it BUT i will say that i enjoyed the writing and i adored the heroine—so hilarious, daring and witty (my kinda gal)
i mean, i dont even think my balls would be as
Malene
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Master by Kresley Cole was freaking awesome. Wow! What a fun and very sexy ride. I absolutely loved and admired Cat. She was the perfect in every sense of the word. Her intellect, brazenness and passion were just some of her wonderful qualities. I connected with her immediately and her first meeting with the Ruso Maxim was so deliciously erotic. Maxim was mysterious and sexy as hell but most of all he was a romantic at heart. He was wonderfully flawed, had experienced abuse and loss. How Cat ...more
ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover)

Everyone fears the Master…

Rich, irresistible politician/Mafiya boss Maksimilian Sevastyan

Except her....a disobedient brunette whose exquisite little body threatens his legendary restraint.

If they escape the deadly threats surrounding them, can Maksim overcome his past—to offer Cat his future?

The girl can write! Kresley Cole delivered another winner. It's all here - good plot, good sex, good characters, great one
Aisling Zena
5 lock and key stars

Rich, irresistible politician/Mafiya boss Maksimilian Sevastyan prefers tall, obedient blondes to fulfill his…complicated desires. That is, until the icy Russian encounters a disobedient brunette whose exquisite little body threatens his legendary restraint.

Except her.

Catarina Marín was a well-off young wife until her world fell apart. Now she’s hiding out, forced to start working as an escort in Miami. Her very first client is beyond gorgeous, but when he tells her what he p
TF
Feb 04, 2017 rated it liked it
An abundance of "el sexo muy caliente" with somewhat of a story thrown in :-).

Jessica
This was pretty disappointing for me. With mafia romances, I have the expectation of a dangerous story with an angsty romance. This was just so boring. Cat is on the run from a dangerous past, which had so much potential to be an engaging and action-packed plot. Instead, that didn't come into play until 90% into the book. The rest of the book was spent on Cat and Maksim's physical relationship and I didn't care. Maksim hires Cat as an escort and is shocked by how much of a connection they have a ...more
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Reread
Spoilers ahead

Maximilian Sevastyan is a Russian billionaire politician and businessman, Cat is on the run from a murder and a husband who's determined on his revenge. To earn money to leave Miami after her last college class Cat takes the place of her friend and meets Maxim.as his hired companion for the night. The two engage in business but he's an idiot at the end, shortly after her requests Cat again and due to a drunken night, almost pregnancy and an unforgiving Russia Cat ends up as a
AJ
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Dance like nobody’s watching. Fuck like everyone is."

4.5 Smut-tastic stars

Holy hell, Kresley Cole writes some good smut, and she has outdone herself with this one! The second in The Game Maker series, this book features Russian billionaire, politician and Mafya boss, Maksimilian Sevastyan (brother of Aleksander from book 1 – The Professional). Maxim and Cat’s story is hot and heavy, but still with some emotion, and I absolutely loved it!

Maksim is ruthless and demanding. He knows what he wants a
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️

photo 5ae020b0bd3ce802ee52bdb758d240be_zpsvpc0wnc6.jpg

5 Dios Mio Sexy Stars!!!

He's filthy rich, impossibly handsome, and simply irresistible. He's Russian Mafia Boss and a Politician. Maksimilian (Maksim) Savastyan prefers his playthings tall, obedient, and blonde to fulfill his specific needs.....that is until the icy cold Russian meets his match in a disobedient young latina whose sexy little body tests his legendary restraint.

Cat is a 22 yr old student who cleans houses for the wealthy in Miami, she was not always so disparate and poor s
Valentina "TinchyB"
Loved loved loved this one!
Crazy Russian mobster and a Cuban mamacita...perfect couple!
Love her sass and foul mouth, finally a strong heroine how I love them.
And their hot scenes was just bonus.
Perfect read!
Bj
4.5 "The Russian Meets His Cuban Match" Stars! Kresley Cole amps up the heat in Miami with this incredibly hot, erotic read! Having fallen in love with Ms. Cole's breed of erotic, contemporary romance in the first book of the Game Maker Series, the Professional, I just could not pass up the opportunity to dive back in to the sexy Russian mafia world in The Master. Boy am I glad I did! I have to say that there are very few writers who can write hot passionate scenes like Ms. Cole. The chemistry b ...more

• The Darkest Temptation (Made, #3)
  • The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1)
  • The Maddest Obsession (Made, #2)
  • The Favor
  • Beautifully Cruel (Beautifully Cruel, #1)
  • Monster in His Eyes (Monster in His Eyes, #1)
  • Ruthless Creatures (Queens & Monsters, #1)
  • Sweet Temptation
  • Twisted Pride (The Camorra Chronicles, #3)
  • Bound by Honor (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #1)
  • Torture to Her Soul (Monster in His Eyes, #2)
  • Little Dove
  • Bound by Duty (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #2)
  • The Villain (Boston Belles, #2)
  • Crime Lord's Captive (Crime Lord, #1)
  • Twisted Emotions (The Camorra Chronicles, #2)
  • Menace (Scarlet Scars, #1)
  • The Bloody Bride (The Rocchetti Dynasty, #1)
See top shelves…
Kresley Cole is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the electrifying Immortals After Dark paranormal series, the young adult Arcana Chronicles series, the erotic Gamemakers series, and five award-winning historical romances.

A master’s grad and former athlete, she has traveled over much of the world and draws from those experiences to create her memorable characters and settings.
Her IAD bo

The Game Maker (3 books)
  • The Professional (The Game Maker, #1)
  • The Player (The Game Maker, #3)