Start by marking “After (After, #1)” as Want to Read:
After (After, #1)

After (After #1)

3.75  ·  Rating Details ·  36,912 Ratings  ·  4,463 Reviews
Tessa is a good girl with a sweet, reliable boyfriend back home. She’s got direction, ambition, and a mother who’s intent on keeping her that way.

But she’s barely moved into her freshman dorm when she runs into Hardin. With his tousled brown hair, cocky British accent, tattoos, and lip ring, Hardin is cute and different from what she’s used to.

But he’s also rude—to the p
Paperback, 2nd edition, 582 pages
Published October 21st 2014 by Gallery Books (first published 2014)

To ask other readers questions about After, please sign up.

Jen
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Sasha Alsberg
Im going to re-read After. I read the Fanfic and wasn't too impressed with it but I've heard from friends that the book is better so i'm giving it another go!
Evey
EDIT 11/22/14

“Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.”

This appears as a quote from After.

THIS. APPEARS. AS. A. QUOTE. FROM. AFTER.

I can't even. I just can't even. My fuck-o-meter exploded with this. Emily Brontë would be choking herself to death if she were alive.

So, really, to those who believe this book is well written and Todd has a way with words, better to know this lovely quote belongs to Wuthering Heights.

* * * * * * *

You know what?

FUCK THIS.

Fuck the industry, fuck the
Colleen Hoover
May 23, 2016 Colleen Hoover rated it it was amazing
I read this book and it was great. I don't want to spoil anything, so the rest of this review is going to be invisible.
Yonaily
Decidí leer algunas páginas de este libro, porque no quería odiarlo sin fundamentos. Esto fue lo que encontré:

–Pero ¿a ti que te pasa? Actúas como si no ocurriera nada, como si no nos hubiéramos peleado, como si no hubieras hecho nada. Estás mal de la cabeza, Hardin, loco de atar. Necesitas un manicomio, medicación y paredes acolchadas. ¿Me dices unas cosas horribles y luego re ofreces a llevarme? –No puedo con él.

*Vuelve con él después de un poco de sexo*

Hardin podría ponerse cualquier cosa
Mila Temnyalova
I don't normally read fan fiction on Wattpad. One Direction fanfiction, even less so. But given that this trilogy nearly has one BILLION reads altogether, I thought to myself: this can't be that bad -- after all, it's literally the most popular unpublished trilogy on the internet right now. I should give it a try.

And I regret it. I'm never again judging a book by its popularity. I honestly have no idea how the movie rights for this were bought, much less how a Big Six publishing house like Simon
Neesa
Aug 10, 2014 Neesa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anti-feminist, Masochist, People with no self-respect
Recommended to Neesa by: Some girl at school
I am so done.

Look at this. Does this sound like a character we know? (Sorry if it's hard to see.)

Okay, I love Wattpad, but seriously? How can they promote this garbage?

First of all, my reading the book was completely my fault. I know I'm not even a fan of One Direction and I really shouldn't be getting recommendations from people who've never picked up a hard copy of a book before, so this was completely my fault.

My main issue with this book . . . I mean the amount of slut-shaming, romanticizi
Kath S
Aug 10, 2014 Kath S marked it as no-thank-you  ·  review of another edition
So, Planeta va a publicar ESTO en español.

description

PLANETA VA A PUBLICAR ESTO(!) EN ESPAÑOL.

EN ESPAÑOL.

ESTO.

SÍ.

*Se va a escribir un fanfic de cualquier libro/boy-band popular para ver si la publican algún día*

*suspira*... ¿A dónde iremos a parar?

Isabel Bitterblau
Feb 04, 2015 Isabel Bitterblau rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Ni a mi peor enemigo
AVISO de que mis reseñas son la peste. Y, adaptándome al nivel del libro, ésta lo es aún más.

AVISO 2. Si algún susceptible fan del libro termina perdido por estos lares, y ya que yo lo he leído con el único fin de reírme, aviso de que voy a ser cruel y sarcástica a más no poder y lo invito a dejar de leer.

AVISO 3. Hago un poquito de spoiler, los más graves los marcaré, pero alguno queda suelto, aviso para no estropearle la trama a nadie (TRAMA jajajaja, esto era el primer chiste de la reseña)

Em
Natalie Monroe
Jun 01, 2014 Natalie Monroe marked it as never-ever-ever-reading-this  ·  review of another edition
After blurb reveal:

Hardin? Seriously? You couldn't be bothered to make it an entirely different name from Harry?

He’ll call her beautiful, then insist he isn’t the one for her and disappear again and again. Despite the reckless way he treats her, Tessa is compelled to dig deeper and find the real Hardin beneath all his lies. He pushes her away again and again, yet every
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Jan 07, 2015 April (Aprilius Maximus) rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
First of all I just want to say that I was 100% ready to hate this book with a passion. I’m not a fan of Harry Styles or One Direction (haha this has since changed), but I honestly just wanted to read it so that I could form my own opinion of it and let you guys know how I felt about it.

I want to start off by saying that this was a Harry Styles fanfiction on wattpad that received so many views that it got published. Anna Todd has never written anything else and it’s a fanfiction, so I had to tak
V.
Jan 06, 2015 V. rated it did not like it
Leído para el 2015 Reading Challenge: #31. Libro con malas críticas

Yo estaba algo así:

Por qué el libro era:

Si piensan leer este "libro" si es que así lo toman Favor de leerlo GRATIS, sin que usted pague NADA. Y si usted lo compra es por su mero juicio y espero sobreviva.

Voy a empezar con los personajes:
Tessa es un personaje que se siente una santa que ella no hace nada y no es consiente de sus actos. PUES FIJATE QUE NO. Es tan desesperante y a cada momento se arrepentia y luego lo volvia hacer a
Ilenia Zodiaco
Dec 21, 2015 Ilenia Zodiaco rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Pretendo la votazione negativa. After merita le meno cinque stelle.
ABOMINIO.
CLAMOROSA PALLA DI FANGO.
CIABATTATA
BRUTTO
VERY VERY BRUTTO
PARTE UNO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvb9D...
PARTE DUE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTbCe...
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! After, book 1 of 5. The unlikely against-all-odds romance between tatted rebel Hardin Scott & good girl Tessa Young!

“Hardin is like a drug; each time I take the tiniest bit of him, I crave more and more. He consumes my thoughts and invades my dreams.”

Books in The After series should be read in order:
Book 1: After
Book 2: After We Collided
Book 3: After We Fell
Book 4: After Ever Happy
Book 5: Before

The After series is the epic love saga between flawed rebel bad boy student and edito
♥Booklish Reviews♥

Another fanfiction P2P.

Except instead of using Twilight to establish a fan base, this idiot used British boybander Harry Styles. Now I'm not a fan of One Direction & Co in the slightest, but even I know how messed up this is.

No one knows how this POS/After got out of control. And yea, it is a POS. While reading through the first chapter I was mentally editing it in my brain. Run on sentences, lack of semicolons, past tense bullshit. And knowing that it was bought for six figures by one of
Angela
Jan 01, 2015 Angela rated it liked it
You can go ahead and judge me for reading thing, it’s okay really, I’m
already judging myself for it. When I first heard of/picked up After and saw that it was originally 1direction fan-fiction I don’t think I’ve ever laughed so hard in my life. Then I kept seeing people post pictures and reviews on it all talking about how they are now hooked on this series. It physically hurts me to say thing, but I’m hooked too. After is the epitome of what most would call “a guilty pleasure read”. I have nev
Denisse
Jan 13, 2015 Denisse rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nadie nunca jamas de los jamases!
Read for the 2015 Reading Challenge: #31 A book with bad reviews. And for my 2015 Reading Resolutions: 3 New Adult (2/3)

Cheap contemporary drama and sex. I’m sure you can find something good with those themes in other books.
Do not read After.
Goodbye.

*Añadida una PD2 al ultimo porque quiero asesinar al libro
**Odio que siempre me quedan larguísimas las reseñas, necesito unas clases de redacción o algo.

Antes de mi opinion real del libro, unos puntos importantes:
1. Dios! Odio los dramas.
2. Este n
Pearl Angeli
First DNF book of the year.

description

One of the things I hate doing so much is DNF-ing a book because it feels bad to leave it when you've invested yourself in it in the first place. But sometimes you just have to quit because it just doesn't work out for you. And you can no longer fool yourself and hope that things will get better as the story goes.

So yeah.. I DNF-ed this book for these reasons:

1. Writing Style - This book is poorly written and executed. I see so much potentials in this book but the auth
Chelsea
Sep 07, 2014 Chelsea rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: NO ONE
Shelves: very-very-bad
update: 11/16/15

wow this review is actually getting some attention, so i read the whole thing again and wow i was so embarrassing. please don't judge me lmao. this was written over a year ago (still hate the book with just as much passion tho)

CORRECTION: this book does not even deserve one star. it deserves 0/5 because you cant even call this thing a "book".

IM PRETTY F****** SURE EVERYONE WHO RATED THIS HIGH DONT EVEN READ REAL BOOKS. YOU ALL JUST LIKED THE SMUT (read: sex scenes)
La Coneja
Para empezar, no soy fan de One Direction y, hasta la fecha, no les había prestado atención. En fin, la primera sorpresa: esto es un fanfic de dicha banda. Por el simple hecho de que me resulta lamentable que alguien vuelque su frustración sexual sobre ellos y que además los deje a la altura del betún, ya había perdido la esperanza de que me gustara lo más mínimo este libro.

Hay tres cosas imprescindibles que hacen que un chico normal (¡hola, Harry Styles!) se convierta en el macho de la histo
Beleth
Jan 18, 2015 Beleth rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
PORRR FIN he terminado esta basura asquerosa e infumable. Habrá reseña en el blog, oh, claro que sí!

Edito 18/02
Y aquí está la reseña: http://www.book-eater.net/2015/02/res...
Kiki
Nov 19, 2014 Kiki marked it as to-read
One Direction fan fiction
THIS IS ONE DIRECTION FAN FICTION!
Cami
Nov 02, 2014 Cami rated it did not like it
update 3: Este libro está siendo promocionado como el nuevo romance para adolescentes, una historia de amor que derretirá tu corazón .... POR FAVOR PAREN . Entiendo que algunas personas les guste el libro , como yo menciono en esta reseña a mi me gusta BD pero entiendo que ambos personajes son problemáticos ... Por favor no hagan que una conducto problemática y peligrosa sea un modelo para las personas ya que luego creerán que eso esta bien Y NO LO ESTÁ

update 2: ¿Película? ¿En serio? ????????
P
Khadidja
Apr 18, 2015 Khadidja rated it liked it
I loved this book , the story was good enjoyable i read it on Wattpad this summer ( those who did read it on wattpad knows the struggle of waiting for Anna Todd to update a new chapter ! Maaan that was torture) back when the characters were named After one direction members Harry,Liam,Niall, louis, and the douchebag Zayn malik , Sorry pillowtalk but you are a jerk in this series ! There are some things i didn't really understand like WTF is wrong with tessa ! she is painfully naive it was both h ...more
Antonella Purpura
Sep 15, 2015 Antonella Purpura rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ma cosa cavolo ho appena finito di leggere?
Personaggi psicopatici, situazioni ridicole e finale insensato.
Durante la lettura sono andata a curiosare sulla pagina Wikipedia dedicata all'autrice: la povera Anna Todd si è semplicemente diplomata quindi, ovviamente, non sa assolutamente nulla sulla vita del college, e questo spiega alcune cosette.
Ma ciò non toglie che questo libro sia scritto malissimo e che stia avendo un successo immotivato.
E questa è una cosa che fa una rabbia pazzesca, perché sc
Vale
Sep 07, 2015 Vale rated it did not like it
Me molesta de sobremanera que este libro sea el referente a una "historia de amor perfecta" que millones de chavitas quieren tener. ES LA "RELACIÓN" MÁS ENFERMA DEL MUNDO!!!! Nonononono puedo!!
Beatriz
Feb 12, 2015 Beatriz rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Rachel E. Carter
Jan 26, 2016 Rachel E. Carter rated it it was amazing
Shelves: have-paperback
You know when you pick up a book you are prepared to hate? Hello book.

*I do not love One Direction. I actually LOATHE all their songs. And their boyband routine and all their mysterious tattoos (you are throwing rocks at me, aren't you?)
*I do not love most NA. I hate the genre's overdone tropes. Look at my TBR. It's 90% YA, 10% NA.
*I love this book.

description

...Yea, throw all the popcorn you want at me. I can't explain it. Well, yes, I can. This book never fizzled out. You know where they fight and then f
Veronica PARENTAL GUIDANCE ALERT:  A Court of Mist and Fury is an EROTICA/NEW ADULT but most booktubers won't tell you

Wow! that ending!

description

I can't believe how addictive this book was.
I'm a directioner, but when this book appeared on wattpad I avoided it. If there's something I don't enjoy is when horny girls who have the hots for Harry Styles project themselves on the heroines of their stories to make Harry f@ck them. It's good that they get some release, but I just don't like reading that, it makes me uncomfortable.

However, after seeing the hate that this book was getting on goodreads I decided to give it a try.
Marnie
Aug 09, 2014 Marnie rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2014-reads
Another book that romanticises an emotionally abusive relationship...I think I'll pass.
Nicis
Dec 07, 2014 Nicis marked it as never-reading-this  ·  review of another edition
NO VOY A LEER ESTO. JAMÁS DE LOS JAMASES. DEJEN DE RECOMENDÁRMELO, POR FAVOR. SI QUISIERA LEER FANFICTION LO HARÍA (Y HAGO) A TRAVÉS DE FANFICTION.NET
  • The World Rose
  • His To Keep
  • This Love
  • No Excuses: A Memoir
  • Innocents (Dusty, #1)
  • Six Month Rule (Kingston Ale House #2)
  • Children of the Flower Power
  • Finally...One Summer (Just one of the Guys #2)
  • Nepřítel mého nepřítele (Bavettovi, #2)
  • Verloren (Colours of Love, #3)
  • Between Everything and Us (Sutton College, #1)
  • Coming Out Straight: Understanding and Healing Homosexuality
  • Don't Say a Word
  • The Blessing and the Curse
Anna Todd is the New York Times and #1 internationally bestselling author of the After series. Hailed by Cosmopolitan as “the biggest literary phenomenon of her generation,” Anna began her literary career on the social writing and reading platform Wattpad. Published on Wattpad in 2013, After has over 1.5 billion reads on the site. The print edition, published in 2014 by Gallery Books, has been pub ...more
More about Anna Todd...

After (5 books)
  • After We Collided (After, #2)
  • After We Fell (After, #3)
  • After Ever Happy (After, #4)
  • Before (After, #5)

“Just because he can't love you the way you want him to doesn't mean he does't love you with everything he has.' Liam says.” 304 likes
“I can't help but think of the phrase '' sometimes it is better to be kept in the dark than be blinded by the light.” 143 likes