Start by marking “Sugar Plum Season (Barrett's Mill #2)” as Want to Read:
Sugar Plum Season (Barrett's Mill #2)

Sugar Plum Season

(Barrett's Mill #2)

INSPIRATIONAL ROMANCE

Book 2-Barrett's Mill: In the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains, a family legacy leads to love.

Published November 18th 2014 by Love Inspired

To ask other readers questions about Sugar Plum Season, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sugar Plum Season

Start your review of Sugar Plum Season (Barrett's Mill #2)
Kav
Oct 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ross takes us back to Barrett's Mill in this second book in her new series. You don't need to have read Blue Ridge Reunion in order to enjoy this one...but honestly, you should because it's so good. If you have read it you will enjoy a glimpse into the married life of Paul and Chelsea. And the joy of getting reacquainted with some wonderful secondary characters.

One of this author's strengths is her ability to create the unique dynamics of small town life that make it so appealing. Such an incr
Jasmyn
We briefly meet Amy and Jason in book one of Barrett's Mill, but we don't learn very much about them. Jason is the brother to the new owner of the mill and has been instrumental in its new found resurrection and success. He is a good hearted, hard working, down to earth type of man that thinks he has life figured out. And for the most part he does. He stays pretty steady throughout the story in a very good way, with only small changes and developments to his character.

Amy on the other hand, has
Virginia
Dec 10, 2014 rated it it was ok
Rosa Cline
Apr 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series-2, 2015, christmas
I had received one of these books as a First Reads Good Reads giveaway book, but wanted to read them in order since they were part of a series. COULD someone read these as individual books? Yes, BUT getting the full feeling effect you have to read all three in order. The first one introduces you to the family although it does center around one couple; but you get to know community members and other family members. This second book switches over to a 'brother' in the main family. First one was on ...more
Maryann Skaritka
Oct 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was so happy to be welcomed back home in Book 2 of Mia's Barrett's Mill series. You can read this as a stand alone. Sugar Plum Season is a warm and cozy holiday read that will warm your heart and leave you feeling the joy of Christmas.

Amy Morgan and Jason Barrett have both returned to Barrett's Mill for different reasons. Amy has agreed to help her Aunt Helen run the Arabesque dance studio. Amy has constantly put her professional life before her personal life. Her professional life becomes unr
Elizabeth Young
I received a copy of this book through the goodreads First Reads Giveaways.

I really liked this book. This was a cute, romantic, Christian story. I did not read the first book, it did not impact the storyline too much. I am sure if I had read it before this one, there would have been parts that were enhanced, but it did not take away from this one.
I liked that the characters had some depth to them and therefore some flaws. There was a nice supporting cast.
The only thing I did not like about this
Betty
Oct 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is definitely a "Love Inspired" read. The main characters, Amy Morgan and Jason Barrett, have both been through recent romantic breakups and are definitely not looking for replacements. Amy has been a ballerina since childhood and her recent accident put a halt to her promising career. She has returned to her childhood town of Barrett's Mill to take over the dance school that her aunt owns. While getting that up and running she is approached by Jason who is offering his help by taking over ...more
Lynn Demsky
Aug 19, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: novel
“Amy Morgan is determined not to let her injury affect her love for dance. Moving to the tiny town of Barrett's Mill, she takes over her aunt's dance studio and begins to organize a children's Christmas ballet recital. She just needs a little help from handsome lumberjack Jason Barrett. Charming and an all-around good guy, Jason volunteers to build the stage sets. Working together with the pretty ballerina forges a connection he never expected. But is Amy really ready to leave the limelight behi ...more
Griz Girl
Oct 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Received as a FirstRead from GoodReads...

First of all, I cannot believe how FAST I received this freebie from the author--shipped the same day I won it, and I received it 2 days later! Wow!

Now, on to the review.... Mia Ross is DELIGHTFUL! This book, Sugar Plum Season, is fantastic. I loved the Blue Ridge setting, and was enchanted with her Christmas season story.

Her heroine Amy was awesome--a smart, kind woman, with a strength that just refused to quit regardless of her physical challenges! Very
Hallie Szott
This review is also posted on Book by Book.

Sugar Plum Season by Mia Ross is the second sweet story in her Barrett’s Mill series (following Blue Ridge Reunion). (Luckily for me, Sugar Plum Season can easily be read on its own.) A feel-good holiday romance, this book offers likable characters, fun interactions and challenging choices, and I had a good time reading it. It is a light and quick read, so anyone looking for a bit of sweet romance in the remainder of this holiday season might want to pi
Lisa Cobb Sabatini
Oct 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I won Sugar Plum Season by Mia Ross from Goodreads.

For those who enjoy reading heartwarming holiday stories, and I am one of those readers, Mia Ross's Sugar Plum Season is a five star read. This book has everything desired by readers of wholesome romance novels: a lovely town populated by fun characters, main characters who tug at the reader's heart, and a plotline with enough suspense to cause the reader to wonder how it can possibly work out for the characters in the end. Wonderful holiday tou
Mary Hastings
Oct 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book through First Reads Giveaways.

I don't actually read these types of books. I won this one for my daughter. She's a fan of Mia Ross, and she was thrilled that I won her a copy of this book. She finally finished reading it tonight and told me to give it three stars. She said that, while the book was good, it wasn't up to the usual high standards she expects from Ross's work. Apparently (according to my daughter), the story was a bit slow and draggy, and there were some -- what
Bonnie
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Sugar Plum Season a Barrett's Mill series by Mia Ross was a touching, funny book. Jason is a big lumberjack and carves items. Amy was a famous dancer. A car accident makes it impossible for her to dance on stage any more. He moves back to her home town and runs her Aunts dance studio for children. She has the children do the play The Nutcracker. Jason helps with the stage set. They end of really liking each other. Amy is asked if she wants to have a experimental operation that might let her danc ...more
Lynn Grier
Oct 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Sugar Plum Season by Mia Ross is a romantic and heartfelt Christmas story. Amy is in need of help, so Jason the town lumberjack offers to put together the props for a upcoming Nutcracker children's recital. As they work together, the bond is there, but is this enough and is Amy ready to settle down. And can Jason convince her he might be the right guy for her. Read and see as you enjoy this delightful small town setting. I will definitely like to read more in the series.
I won this book and than
Oct 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Town ballerina heads back home after a terrible accident and meets the town lumberjack as she needs help with the set for The Nutcracker children's ballet recital. His faith is strong while hers waivers. I enjoyed the small town setting and meddling in their relationship. They encounter bumps in their relationship development, which made the story even more appealing to me - shows hope and faith can overcome many obstacles. This was my first book by this author, but not my last!

Madelyn
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love Christmas stories and Sugar Plum Season does not disappoint! Mia Ross writes a story with real characters and conflicts that pulls on your heart strings and makes you smile. I love how the ensemble cast works together but the hero and heroine shine as a couple you are cheering for the entire read. I love the detail of the town and how Amy and Jason connect and create a sweet romance that is perfect for this time of year.
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
I won this on a GOODREADS FIRST READS GIVEAWAY. I thought it was a sweet story of a woman coming to terms with an accident that ended her career. She found herself, love and a new career. A heart warming Christmas story! Just goes to show you never know when something better is in the stars for you.
Tammy Cable
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book!! I love how her characters are smart enough to recognize their struggles and flaws and depend on the Lord to help them overcome them! Barrets Mill is a great little town that is easy to fall in love with and thw people who live there are just as lovable! I love Mia's stories because she always makes me laugh while I'm reading them!
Jen
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book via Goodreads first reads giveaway. What a heartwarming story, and the perfect time to read. It was a touching book. You believed the good and faith in Jason and Amy's struggles were real.
Tammy Hastings
Oct 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads-wins
I received this thru first reads giveaways.

Meh. It wasn't really my style. Too predictable and cheesy for me to really be able to get into it. I wasn't a fan. If you like that overly gooey, super cheesy romantic crap, then you'd probably dig this.
Amy
Shelves: goodreads-wins
A genuinely sweet book. It reminds you that some things that may seem important in the moment are not important at all.
Kimberly
Oct 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So far I am only about 1/3 of the way through the book but I love it! Would love to read the others in the series.
Jessie Cumpson
Oct 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
A girl has a terrible accident and she can no longer dance. A lumerjack helps shape her future and faith. A good book. Would of enjoyed it more in large print. I won it on goodreads. Worth reading.
Marie Buccellato
Oct 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
I won this book at the Goodreads giveaways & i'm so very glad I did. Mia Ross wrote a storyline that shows the true meaning of friends & love especially at Christmas time. Great job Mia Ross ...more
Erin
Oct 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
Traditional love story, predictable story line.
Kim
Oct 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
won this book in the first reads giveaway. loved it! loved amy and Jason
Tiffany
Oct 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
It was the a winter romance at it's best. It captivated me and drew me in emotionally from page one and had a few little unexpected twist, which were great!!!
Donna Foster
Oct 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review
I have never read a Inspirational Romance but I am glad I got a chance. Great story!
Oct 07, 2014 marked it as to-read
I received a free copy of this book from Goodreads Giveaways. After I've had a chance to finish reading it, I'll post a review. Stay tuned!
Renee
Oct 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from Good Reads and I enjoyed it. It was a quick and easy read and kept my interested right up to the end.
Mia Ross loves great stories. She enjoys reading about fascinating people, long-ago times, and exotic places. But only for a little while, because her reality is pretty sweet. Married to her college sweetheart, she's the proud mom of two amazing kids whose schedules keep her hopping. Busy as she is, she can't imagine trading her life for anyone else's--and she has a pretty good imagination.

Barrett's Mill (4 books)
  • Blue Ridge Reunion (Barrett's Mill #1)
  • Finding His Way Home (Barrett's Mill #3)
  • Loving the Country Boy (Barrett's Mill #4)

News & Interviews