Start by marking “Mildred” as Want to Read:
Mildred

Mildred

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  4 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
A diary, noises from the attic, a resident cat, and piles and piles and piles of boxes cast shadows over Josephine as she digs through her new home and discovers the disturbing circumstances surrounding her purchase of the place.
Published July 1st 2014 by RSO Publications (first published June 28th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Mildred, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mildred

Dale
Sep 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Creepy short story with a Stephen King vibe without all of the filler.

Published in 2014

The short story Mildred has a tone and plot that is reminiscent of a Stephen King story. Certainly, O'Reilly could have stretched this 42 page short story (novelette) out a bit more like Stephen King would have, adding much more detail but not have really adding much to the story itself.

Instead, O'Reilly goes for a much quicker, more minimalist approach, letting the reader try to figure out what is going on
Elaine
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing

REVIEW: MILDRED
(A novelette of suspenseful fiction)

BY: Ryan Seann O'Reilly

Ryan Seann O'Reilly's novelette "Mildred" is a suspense filled story that revolves around an old house and a secret diary.

Realtor Denise had asked her niece Josephine to apply for a mortgage on a house she discovered as a realtor. Josephine complied and at first, every thug went according to dear Aunt Denise's plans. Then Jo decides to move in. Needless to say, Denise is less than pleased.

The house looks like it's previou
Kaelin O
Jul 12, 2014
Angelina
Oct 21, 2017
Ryan Sean O'Reilly
Jun 20, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Terri
Angela Dossett
Jul 09, 2014
Betty Macy
Jul 10, 2014
I took to books at an early age and can still remember my father reading J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit to me at bedtime. When I could read on my own, my mother brought home books from the library for my siblings and me. She tells me, that I would look at the covers and say “not interested”, but if she left them on my night stand I couldn’t help, but devour them—the genres and titles didn’t seem to m ...more
More about Ryan Sean O'Reilly