Start by marking “Must Love Breeches (Must Love Time Travel, #1)” as Want to Read:
Must Love Breeches (Must Love Time Travel, #1)

Must Love Breeches (Must Love Time Travel #1)

She's finally met the man of her dreams. Only one problem: he lives in a different century.

HOW FAR WOULD YOU TRAVEL FOR LOVE?

A mysterious artifact zaps Isabelle Rochon to pre-Victorian England, and suddenly her love of historical authenticity collides with the reality that she’s a modern-day girl. But when a thief steals her card case, she determines to retrieve the time-t
Published September 3rd 2014 by Unsealed Room Press

To ask other readers questions about Must Love Breeches, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Must Love Breeches

Ally
Under normal circumstances, I have a no Time Travel rule

Some rules are made to be broken and celebrated!

tyrion dancing

NOTE: read for 2017 Historical Romance Reading Challenge, Time Travel category, doh!.

Setting / Time / Genre: London current and 1850ish

Series: Yes

Sexy times: a few times. Normal stuff. Easy peasy.

Plan on reading more by the author: Most certainly.

Synopsis Typical TT. Heroine goes back in time...etc. What makes this a wee bit different is that this book starts none other than Ada Lovelace -
*Avonna
Jun 19, 2016 *Avonna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am always so excited when I come across a well written romantic historical time travel; from serious, Outlander by Diana Gabaldon to my favorite humorous time travel romance, A Knight In Shining Armor by Jude Deveraux. If you agree, add Angela Quarles’ MUST LOVE BREECHES to your list!

Isabelle Rochon has moved to London from Atlanta to work as an intern at the British Museum and is trying to get her life back on track after a failed relationship and the loss of her family. Dressed for a costume
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Jul 05, 2014 Twinsie Talk Angie J rated it it was amazing
check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.FAcebook.com/twinsietalk
@twinsietalk

I recevied this book from the author for an honest opinion.

*Taps screen* Hey you!! Come closer I gotta tell you a secret. *lowers voice to a whisper* I freaking love historical romances. However, I dont get the chance to read a lot of them AND I kinda get teased for my love for them. *nods head* ok back away so we dont look like we are conspiring to take over the world...which we are of course.....

So th
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I'm a huge sucker for a time-travel book. HUGE.

My favorite book? Outlander. My first "romance" book? A Knight in Shining Armor. So you see, for me time-travel books are my happy place. For that reason alone, I was predisposed to like this book.

Must Love Breeches is a sort of classic time-travel romance with a fish out of water plot line as heroine Isabelle finds herself zapped back in time to pre-Victorian England. Trouble and antics ensue.

What was great about this book was the modernity of it
Kiltsandswords
Aug 19, 2014 Kiltsandswords rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

The moment I started reading this book I immediately thought of Outlander by Diana Gabaladon and Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Vierra Rigler. The concept of time travelling to one of my favourite time periods. I immediately fell in love with the concept and the plot! This book was amazing! A definite top ten contender and I can’t wait to re-read it as I breathlessly read as fast as I could to learn what would happen next.
Isabelle is a modern day American who has moved to London f
Miranda
MY REVIEW: 4 captivating stars!

photo yay3_zpsc6875ecb.gif

Ms. Quarles has a tremendous talent for writing. This time travel historical romance makes for a captivating read. It left me wishing the book went on forever. The dialogue, all the charming wit, and amazing sex scenes make the story a page turner. Her name should be beside Karen Marie Moning and Diana Gabaldon.

The suddenness of the kiss stunned Isabelle. His strong hands, cradling her face firmly. His body, pinning her to the wall.
Whoa.
Probably the sexiest thing
Trish R.
Oct 31, 2015 Trish R. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Trish by: Tracy T.
Read again as I listened to it. What a difference. Almost perfect narration.

I found myself laughing every few pages. And it was mentioned on page 19 that Phineas had 2 different color eyes, but I forgot about that since it was not mentioned again until page 60, but then his eyes were mentioned a few more times, so it made sense.

It was a really good story. I liked the players: Ada, Katy, Mrs. Somerville. I liked that Isabelle kicked the bad guy’s a**.

One reviewer gave this book 2 stars and mentio
Angela Quarles
Jun 25, 2014 Angela Quarles added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
For more information, visit: http://angelaquarles.com/books/must-l...
Beth
Take a fantastical ride back in time and experience Must Love Breeches.

What would you do if you met the perfect guy but he’s from a totally different century?

When Isabelle Rochon is transported back in time, she finds herself in the pre-Victorian England. When she realizes that she has been sent back in time she finds an unlikely ally. Lord Montagu, also known as the Vicious Vicount, and his cousin come to her rescue.

Trying to traverse the precarious circumstances, Isabelle finds herself comple
Courtney
Re-read May 16, 2016
Read September 17, 2014

This book came to my attention as a goodreads giveaway that I entered, but didn't win. And, I should probably say that the title and cover art are what caught my eye. But, there are so many elements of this story that I love. First off, I love that the heroine is from Mobile and works in museums. Add in the time travel, romance, brushes with famous figures from history, and something not set in Jane Austin's time period and OMG, YES. It is funny, sweet,
 Spanxmcb (Yovanka)
Jul 26, 2016 Spanxmcb (Yovanka) rated it really liked it
This was a thoroughly charming read! I really enjoyed it. It was rather light, with a few well done steamy scenes. Intelligently written with a nice twist near the end that I didn't see coming. I had never read anything by Angela Quarles before, but I'll definitely read the next in the series. I was pleasantly surprised by this read!
Linda
A delightful historical time travel romance and a deliciously fun start to the series!!!!

If only she had lived back then... experienced a real ball... not this play-acting. "Wouldn't that be amazing to truly be at this ball in 1834?" she whispered. The silver under her thumb flared with heat. The room spun. The air, colors and sounds muted as if she was inside an abstract color painting.

MUST LOVE BREECHES by Angela Quarles is a delightful historical time travel romance and a deliciously fun st
Lynsey   • The Demon Librarian
What a nice change for this type of book - a time travel romp - for it to be set in England rather than the Highlands. Not that I don't love my rugged Highlanders (and you know I do - rawr!), but a stilted, stoic yet sinfully sexy British gentleman is an excellent alternative to a sword-weilding Scot any day of the week. And why should those north of the border get the monopoly on all of the stunningly beautiful damsels that accidentally fall through time anyway, hmm? Seems a little unfair to me ...more
Amanda Richardson
Sep 05, 2014 Amanda Richardson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. I liked this book and I really liked both the hero and the heroine. It was nice to read about a heroine that ended up back in time and had what I think was an appropriate response to the phenomenon. Isabelle is at a period ball for work, she found a silver card case and a journal in the floorboards of her home. She brought the calling card case with her and while rubbing the case, wished that she was actually at a ball in the 1830's. To her surprise, she wakes up at the ball, in the 1 ...more
Debbie
Sep 27, 2014 Debbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked up this book as a recommendation from my cousin, and I think it was the case of the right book at the right time. I really enjoyed it.

A few disclaimers: I don't read fluffy writing much, and this is fluffy. I love time travel romances, but I prefer ones that stay close to my life time, like Time Traveler's Wife and Time After Time (the YA series). Also, I don't generally read historical fiction or sexy romances - just not normally my thing.

However. I really liked this book - enough to b
Tracy T.
Apr 15, 2016 Tracy T. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun Time Travel- Great Narration by Mary Jane Wells (audible review)
This was such a fun book to read/listen to. Love a good LOL time travel story,
I really enjoyed both the hero and heroine. They made a great couple and had some good chemistry together. She was a strong female character and really gave you some LOL moments. He was a bit stuffy but in a good way.

The plot and story line was great. Well, it is a time travel so what is not good about that storyline! There was a lot of really fantast
Eunice Robertson
Jun 14, 2016 Eunice Robertson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Isabelle works at the British Museum, and has bought a house said to be built in the 1800's. As she is renovating she finds a silver card case and a diary from that period under the floorboards. The discovery of the diary gains her the chance of a permanent post at the museum. At a 1800's re-enactment ball held at the museum, holding the silver card case, she finds herself swept back to that period. And here is where her adventure starts. The theft of the card case, meeting the love of her life, ...more
Lieve
Mar 25, 2016 Lieve rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's the whole time travel aspect of the book that really draw me in and I loved the concept and the plot .
It was so much fun reading Must Love Breeches with this interesting and crazy story line . You gotta love a heroine that ends up back in time while rubbing a silver card case , whishing and waking up at a ball in the 1830 's right in front of Lord Byron's daughter . Too crazy !!
An awesome funny story that I certainly will read over again .
Rumer Haven
Sep 16, 2014 Rumer Haven rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reminds me of Austenland, but I enjoyed this so much more--especially since it involves actual time travel versus role play. Very intelligent yet accessible, witty, and fun--and Quarles writes sexual tension unbelievably well. *fans self* Dear me, it's gotten warm...is it the Vicious Viscount, or am I coming down with influenza? ;)
Jess Schira
Jul 20, 2014 Jess Schira rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
What a fun book. The characters are delightful. Ms. Quarles does a great job jumping from contemporary times to a past era. The story does an excellent job moving forward and has a satisfying climax. The only compliant is that there's one point, which I think is a typo, where the contemporary date gets confusing. The contemporary parts feel like they should be current, but there was some mention about the 1940's.

I'm looking forward to reading more of Ms. Quarles books.
Nakeesha
I really liked the open and I enjoyed the transition into the past for the heroine. Both the hero and heroine got the warm and fuzzies immediately. But they both were standoffish at the exact same time. The open grabbed me, but as I continued to move through the work the story didn't keep a hold of me.

ARC provided by Netgalley
Jenna
Dec 12, 2015 Jenna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this story. It was so good, I couldn't put it down. The characters are fun and refreshing. I really enjoyed the main character. She is a damsel in distress but she doesn't act like it . if you like romantic time travel novels I definitely recommend giving the story a try.
Scandal
You know I love a good time travel book! Lee is reviewing RITA award winner, Angela Quarles on the blog today - kicking off the series with book 1, Must Love Breeches! 4.5 stars

Charity
Sep 06, 2014 Charity rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won a copy of this book from the author via goodreads. I really enjoyed the chemistry between Isabelle and Lord Montagu. It was fun following Isabelle along as she tried to cope in a different time from her own. This was a fun read and a great story!
Christina McKnight
Jul 08, 2014 Christina McKnight rated it it was amazing
Read an earlier draft of Must Love Breeches and it was amazing! Plan to re-read when it is released.
Kimberly
Anne
Sep 05, 2014 Anne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was ok but it didn't have enough pace for me and the characters were just ok just not a book I will remember!.
Sophia
I haven't read a Time Travel Romance in a long time so it was fun and exciting to get back into it with this modern woman's historical caper. I was prepared to have a bit of fun, but I was astoundingly surprised by how much more I got out of this story than I was expecting from the historical authenticity to the depths of the characters to the lovely twisty points of the plot. Oh, the light and humorous stuff was there and a goodly amount of spicy passion was also tossed in for good measure. All ...more
Tracey
I surprised myself by requesting this book from Audiobookloudnoise.com (kidding – it's now audiobookboom.com). I mean, I'm not a big romance fan, and I generally object to the time travel romance (been there, done that, got the torn bodice), and if I am going to pick up a romance novel I am not at all comfortable having the heavy–breathing parts read to me. And here … well, the cover art is embarrassing. I listened to the book at work, and every time someone came over to talk to me and I had to ...more
Elizabeth Bennet
This a phenomenal read. The imagination and fun spirit that went into writing this book came through loud and clear. Isabelle Rochon works for the British Museum and is anticipating a promotion. She is at a reenactment of a ball when she finds herself transported back to 1834. The fun begins immediately when she meets our H, Phineas Montague. He is my new favorite Hero. The simple romance you feel that radiates from how Phineas can be proper, protective and seductive is astounding IMO.

He has the
  • The Scandal Before Christmas (The Reckless Brides, #3.5)
  • Fire of the Dragon (Bestiary, #1)
  • It Happened Under the Mistletoe (Secret Brides, #3.5)
  • Bound by Wish and Mistletoe (Highland Legends #1.5)
  • Geek Girls Don't Date Dukes (Geek Girls, #2)
  • The Highlander's Sin (Stolen Bride, #6)
  • Brody (Circle Eight, #2)
  • Reclaimed: A Highland Historical Trilogy (Highland Historical, #4-6) (The MacKays, #1-3)
  • Christmas Brides
  • The Border Laird's Bride (Borderland Brides #2)
  • Say Yes to the Duke (House of Brady, #3)
  • Texas Mail Order Bride (Bachelors of Battle Creek, #1)
  • The Rogue's Proposal (House of Trent, #2)
  • My Brave Highlander (Highland Adventure #3)
  • Her Warrior Slave (MacEgan Brothers, #1)
  • Seven-Night Stand
  • The Groom Says Yes (The Brides of Wishmore, #3)
  • In Love with a Wicked Man
Don't miss Angela's next release! Sign up for her newsletter http://bit.ly/1sde3Qi and be notified when the next book goes on pre-order/sale, and also receive exclusive content!

Angela Quarles is a RWA RITA Finalist and USA Today bestselling author of time travel and steampunk romance. Library Journal named her steampunk, Steam Me Up, Rawley, Best Self-Published Romance of 2015. Her time travel rom
More about Angela Quarles...

Must Love Time Travel (3 books)
  • Must Love Chainmail (Must Love Time Travel, #2)
  • Must Love Kilts (Must Love Time Travel, #3)

“The door opened, held by the butler, and Lord Montagu swept into the room, his presence overwhelming the space. She could swear even the flowers in their vases perked up and listed in his direction. Honest to Pete.” 1 likes
“Yes, especially if the lady is intelligent. I have never been one to tolerate fools, regardless of their sex, so it follows I also appreciate sense, regardless of sex.” 1 likes