Start by marking “Professor Cline (Professor, #1)” as Want to Read:
Professor Cline (Professor, #1)

Professor Cline

(Professor #1)

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  697 Ratings  ·  166 Reviews
Getting pleasure from pain makes me a sadist. I’ve been that way for as long as I can remember. Plagued by painful memories and a dark past, I use women to help me forget. I’ve done everything in my power to take control of my life, but there are some things I have no control over.

People think they know who I am, but in reality, they know nothing.

My name is Mason Cline.

But
Published 2015 (first published January 1st 2014)

| ARC kindly provided by The Hype PR via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you a lot! |

|1.5 I'd like to say it was me but it was totally you stars|

Blurb:

People think they know who I am, but in reality,
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie

2.5 Stars

Emptiness. Darkness. It consumes me, like this powerful force which dragged me into a sea of nothingness, and I fucking hated it. I needed to feel. I needed to release it. It was poking at my skin from the inside and there was only one way to get it out.

I think I've been jaded, I may have read one type of dark romance and then I must have become stuck in my ways. So basically what I'm trying to say is that I have particular standards when it comes to a book of this genre. They're not
Eda** # Dax Lahn's Golden Tigress  #

DNF @89%...

** 1-1,5 STARS **

“I will not change the way I do things, and don't ever expect me to. I told you earlier. I'm not your fairytale, Emma. I'm the man who will fuck you until you can't move.”

I've tried, people.

I really did. But I had to give up at some point...

This book sounded like it was written specially for me or some sh*t: A student-teacher romance, with a f*cked-up, damaged, tortured hero that promises dirty, filthy, rough sex! I mean what more could a perverted reader like
✿kawehi.reviews
Jul 22, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC via the Hype PR in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ☆

TEASER:

The grip I had on her hips loosened and I looked down to where I was holding her. Red marks splayed across her skin and I knew she’d end up with bruises in the morning. I’d taken her harder than I anticipated, but she knew to expect it.

Pulling out of her, she slumped down to catch her breath. I got off the bed and started to put my clothes back on. This was where most of the women got disappointed. I didn’t
Cristina
Mar 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
This book was weird and I can say that it was different. Different bad or good? The jury is still out on that?

Professor Cline is one fucked up son of a bitch and only uses women for one thing and one thing only...sex. That wouldn't be such a bad thing only that he has sex only one way: (view spoiler)

description

He notices Emma at a bar where she waitresses and can't seem to g
Adriane Leigh
Feb 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ahhhh!!! So many twists! Refreshingly unexpected and way sexy!! I am in love with the professor!
*Release is March 2.
Lorie
4.5 STARS

Are you thinking this just a student/teacher romance? Wrong, wrong, wrong on so many levels. JM LaRocca gives you so much more. I am honestly surprised at the depth of the story. This was fabulous!

Mason Cline is sexy, alluring, domineering, controlling, dark, and damaged. To cope with his past, Mason doesn’t date women, he f*cks them and there are rules. You don’t like the rules, no problem, Mason will find another “challenge”. Then Emma comes along and challenges the rules…… I loved he
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
This book surprised me. It wasn't your usual professor/student story. It was so much more.
Mason Cline is a difficult man with particular tastes. He doesn't like getting close to the women he sleeps with. He has his own rules when it comes to affairs. He never sleeps with a woman more than once, he never allows them to touch him or get too close to him. He satisfies his urges and then he is gone.
One night, he meets a young woman who immediately captivates him. She intrigues him, she makes him cur
R. Holmes
Feb 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
I LOVE JM! I'm super excited I had the chance to read this before it released.
And I seriously LOVED this book. I have a weak spot for damaged bad boys and Mason is at the top of my list. I don't read many "dark" romances but I gave this a chance and gah I am so glad that I did.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Mason has had a hard life, and he has lets say very specific taste. Emma is just getting out of a relationship with a huge asshole who was cheating on her and a relationship is the last thing she needs.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I love Emma,she
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Well I certainly didn't expect that. I thought this was gonna be a quick teacher/student but I was so wrong. This book was so much more.

Mason is a sexy but tortured soul. He refuses to get into a relationship and only beds women. His past has left him damaged and he can't seem to move forward. Emma's a great character. She gave as good as she got. I felt as if she was portrayed very well as a real person. Great twists and turns that I didn't see coming.

Brilliant read that had me gripped. Mason
Raj
Jul 23, 2014 marked it as to-read
Professor?!?!? OMG! Student-teacher relationship?!?!?! Yes please!!
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
Will rate and review once it gets closer to publication.

But...

This was dark and hot; two of my favorite combos!
Jennifer  Weeks
This was my second read by her and loved it. This was a very different read. It was sexy and hot, steamy, unique and different. I don't read much erotica but this was unbelievably amazing. I really enjoyed it. J.M. has a unique writing style that I enjoyed a lot and seeing in this. I thought the characters and book was well written. I liked how it was dual points of views, which I love seeing that in novels as well as past events for Mason. But I must say it was different I've read a lot of stud ...more
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
3 forbidden stars**
 photo PhotoGrid_1425705367323_zpszghngz1r.jpg

Mason Cline is a Criminal law proffesor who has ALOT of issues.One night while out on the town, he literally runs into a waitress named Emma who he decides is going to be his next sexual conquest.At this point I'm praying to the reading Gods and asking them to give me a different storyline because I've been there,heard that and freakin read that.

So did I get my wish? Uhm No.I think this story reminded me of a lot of other storylines that I've read before.It wasn't all bad and
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks
4.5 stars!

Complete blog tour post here:https://beautyandthebeastlybooks.word...

***ARC received in exchange of an honest review***

I've been waiting for Professor Cline: Revealed since last year and I just HAD to sign up for the blog tour!

This is the first book by J.M. La Rocca I've read and I'm definitely a fan!!!

Professor Cline: Revealed took me completely by surprise! I wasn't expecting a lot of twists that happened there!

What I most liked about this book? The fact that even though we have a he
Ane Margaux
I received this title free of charge through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

description

Mason meets Emma for the first time at a bar. Something about her sets his eyes ablaze. She, in his eyes, is different than all the other girls he's bedded. He makes it his mission to make her his next conquest. They have an undeniable attraction so why should the his position as her law professor hinder that? Although their relationship at school may pose a problem, it's Mason's dark past that will come back
Jessica Bowman
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone not looking for a sweet love story.
Recommended to Jessica by: Carrie Richardson-Horton
Shelves: wow-d-me

This was my first J.M LaRocca book ever....WOW! I honestly don't think that it can get any better then this. I Fluffing Loved it! It was intense and you never knew what this crazy man was going to do. That is the thing I loved the most about this particular book.
**Yes, it is based on a wealthy guy, with issues of course, that he keeps secret and he likes to be in charge of everything. It's the same as some others in that aspect but SOOOO different in o
Eye Candy Bookstore
First of all I just need to say, when I am looking for a book boyfriend, I love a character with a dark, tortured soul and Mason Cline is that character for me. I can’t express how much I loved and hated Mason all at the same time. When you have a book and a character that have you reeling for days, you know it is greatness in print. I am a lover of dark romances, especially when the characters story is so captivating.

Mason Cline (Professor Cline) is a character that is hard to understand at fi
Nickcole
This is an ARC given to me by Net-Galley

Stars: 3

Overall: The story starts with a Mason and some of the hardships he dealt with as a youth and how he deals with sexual situations now. Mason goes out to a bar with "friends" of his and he spots Emma and there is something about her that he can't get his mind off of her. Emma works as a waitress and recently her boyfriend has been staying out all night claiming that he needs to work late, but her friends believe that he is cheating on her. One nigh
Kizzy
Mar 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**4.5 Stars**

OMG!! Where do I even start?

Mason Cline...my oh my. He is something else. I had no idea what to expect going into this book.

Mason suffered a great deal when he was 7 years old. I felt so bad for him because no child should have to experience what he did. His father was disgusting and I couldn't wait to see what his deal was.when we find out..WOW!!

Emma is student and NYU law school who works part time at a bar. She has dealt with a cheating boyfriend and she has some awesome friend
Courtney
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“I’d told her I was bad for her, but she was worse for me.”

This is the first book I have read by J.M. but it will definitely not be my last. HOLY SHIT!!!

Mason is a devastatingly handsome yet damage man. He leaves you breathless yet totally on edge. He does things a certain way to keep control of his life. I found myself wanting to scream at him at certain points and other points, just wanting to dig inside his head.

Emma is a head strong woman. She has her inner battles, that anyone in her sit
Saunders
so the blurb tells us he gets pleasure from pain makes which makes him a sadist and he has been that way for a long time. Painful memories plague him and he uses women to help him forget these memories. He likes to take control of his life and the women he f**cks.

I have waited for this book with so much anticipation. I opened the page and started reading..........................and where the hell did he go to because the sadist, the dominant, the controller was missing in action in this book
Ashley
4.5 STARS!!!!

With people saying that this was a dark book, I thought it would take me a while to get into the book. But surprisingly it was easy to get lured into Mason and Emma's story! I must say that some parts of the book pissed me off, because really, how could you go back to a man that humiliated you twice?! But overall, I really enjoyed it and I cannot wait for the second book! That cliffy though
Melissa Collins
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first J.M. LaRocca book and it won't be my last. Mason was an intriguing character from the beginning and I turned each page wanting to know what the hell happened to him to make him the way he was. Her writing is so well detailed and captivating. And even though there's a cliffhanger (of sorts) it left off right where you wanted it to - with Mason determined to FINALLY get revenge!
Diane
Mar 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
GREAT BOOK!!! Sort of dark but AMAZING!! I think I am in love with Professor Mason Cline...with all his f'upednesses!! I am a HUGE fan now and can not wait for book #2! Hope I don't have to wait long...sitting on shards of glass to see what happens!
Lisa
3.5-4 Stars

How did I not know this was a cliffhanger before I started reading it
EscapeNBooks
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“If I were in your shoes I’d be freaked out, too. But doing things in life that are the most forbidden are the most exciting and adventurous.”

I love, love, love a well-written student-teacher romance story. Thank you,
J. M. La Rocca for knocking my socks off with this one. As a reader, you may be thinking, "We've read this before."  But, believe me,  you haven't. I am a connoisseur of this genre, and this is a new breed. "You can't judge a book by its cover."  This is the old saying and generall
Lorraine Joy
Professor Cline is Mason Cline, a law professor at NYU. Emma is a law student at NYU. Mason is effed up 10 ways to Tuesday and Emma is…a law student….

I can’t put my finger on it but there was just SOMETHING about this book that didn’t do it for me. My best guess is that it was the depiction of Emma that left me with a case of the “meh”’s. Mason was a pretty compelling character, he was all angsty and effed up, just how I like them. When you put a female character into a story opposite a characte
Peggy Lee (Reading Keeps Me Sane)
Professor Mason Cline is a sexy, devastatingly beautiful, tortured man with a secret past the dictates his present relationships and career. Mason's father is a predominate lawyer who has half of the important people in NYC in his back pocket and a hidden agenda. When Mason discovers Emmalynn, a cocktail waitress, one night at a bar he's becomes infatuated with her beauty. Emmalynn is unable to look at Mason without blushing. Emma is in a relationship that is heading for an imminent beak-up when ...more
  • Being Nobody (Witness, #1)
  • Hiding Away (Anchored Hearts #1.5)
  • Cursed Heart (Cursed, #2.5)
  • James Black (James Black #1)
  • Her Dom (Dominic Powers, #1)
  • Eraser (Eraser #1)
  • Guarding Hearts (Living Again, #3)
  • All Who Dream (Letting Go, #3)
  • Wicked Waves (Solsti Prophecy #2)
  • Daring the Wild Sparks (Wild Sparks, #2)
  • Ruining Angel (Ruined, #1.5)
  • Hard Irish (Weldon, #3)
  • Guard My Heart (Tainted Hearts, #0.5)
  • The Abduction of Kelsey
  • Twist Of Fate
  • Intractable Souls (Bound4Ireland, #1)
  • The Degas Girl
  • Catch (Assassins #1)
I've had a passion for reading and writing for as long as I can remember. It has always been an escape for one reason or another. Now, I'm taking that passion and turning it into a book. My debut book Lifeless will be released late summer 2013. I can't wait for you to read this story that has been brewing in my head for over a year. :)

Professor (2 books)
  • Professor Cline: Redeemed (Professor, #2)