Start by marking “Akame ga KILL!, Vol. 01” as Want to Read:
Akame ga KILL!, Vol. 01

Akame ga KILL!, Vol. 01

(Akame ga KILL! #1)

Teenage country bumpkin Tatsumi dreams of earning enough money for his impoverished village by working in the Capital-- but his short-lived plans go awry when he's robbed by a buxom beauty upon arrival! Penniless, Tatsumi is taken in by the lovely Lady Aria, but just when his Capital dreams seem in reach yet again, Lady Aria's mansion is besieged by Night Raid--a team of r ...more
Published January 20th 2015 by Yen Press (first published August 21st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Akame ga KILL!, Vol. 01, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Akame ga KILL!, Vol. 01

KWinks
Feb 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-gn
A group of (mostly) girl assassins taking on a corrupt government? I'm in! As usual, I have the worst time following the fight scenes, but the back stories on these characters are awesome. This is a definite rec for anime club and works for Unmasked- the 2015 summer reading program!
Ana Rilo
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
La verdad es que lo que he leído, me ha gustado. Takahiro define bien sus personajes, te hace sentir como si los conocieras desde siempre. Tiene acción mezclada con drama y humor. Como aspectos negativos, hay algún diálogo clave, por así decirlo, que es un poco de besugos y yo quitaría el fan service que siempre me hace restar puntos a una buena trama, pero en fin… como no es exagerado y la trama pinta bien, lo paso por alto.

El dibujo me gusta, tiene dinamismo y es bonito de ver. Si bien no es e
Nick
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's so good. Read this after watching the anime. One of my favorites.
Sarah ~Sehrenity~
Dec 15, 2014 rated it did not like it
Tried it. Didn't like it. Moving on.
Ella
I can't do it anymore. This is honestly one of the worst manga I've ever read. It's gratuitously violent, fanservicy, and utterly adolescent in all regards. In addition, it's about as entertaining as socks. By that, I don't mean to compare it to that awesome pair of over-the-knee socks everyone's wanted at least once in their life. I mean to compare it to the itchy, too tight, grey wool socks that some well meaning relative gets you for Christmas. It's boring, unwieldy, and takes otherwise pleas ...more
kim song ng
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 deadly stars
Alyaa Mohamed
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
after reading my first manga ever which was prison school, i was actually debating whether i should continue this path, and keep on reading some manga along my reads each month, so while here sitting on the weekend and not feeling so good, i picked this one up, and finished it in 2 hours!
i just loved the story, and reminds me so much of a lot of anime i used to watch, which is typical, since anime is a diversion of manga after all! haha
but basically i went into this book not feeling much, and n
Grace the Book Queen
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, manga
I've been listening to the OST for the anime and I wanted to read the manga! I've only got the first two volumes and I really want the others!! I absolutely loved this volume and the beginning of this story! I will be reading the next one soon!
Dominique "Eerie" Sobieska
Tatsumi is a young dreamer trying to make a living for his village. After being robbed and deceived by Miss Aria's family, he is recruited by the Night Raid and his whole life changes, for better or worse?

Fun read, but I am not sold by it yet...
Alejandro Garzón
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Excelentes gráficos, buena historia y con personajes geniales. Sigue las aventuras de Tatsumi como nuevo miembro de Night Raid, una banda de asesinos que pretende purgar la corrupción que carcome el Imperio. Amé el anime y el manga pinta igual de bueno.
Vendea
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, manga, read-own
Boží! Jestli to bude takhle pokračovat i dál, tak budu moc spokojená.

4/5*
Aldana
Corto y conciso: Fue muy malo. El argumento es algo super explotado que se podría haber desarrollado mucho mejor, pero no. Se hizo mal. Muy mal.

Chau.
Jenna
Jan 30, 2015 rated it liked it
I quite liked the drawing style and character design. The main character looked very schoolboy with hints of Tsuna and Final Fantasy. (view spoiler) The other assassins also had rather fun designs that w ...more
Billy Wu
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A young man who goes by as Tatsumi is a great fighter. Trained to be skilled in both agility and swordsmanship he is seen slaying enormous Danger Beasts. The story begins with Tatsumi and his two childhood friends leaving their poverty-struck village to go to the Capital in hope of bringing back money to help everyone in the village. Although, tragedy strikes early on in the journey as Tatsumi gets separated from his friends down the road when they are attacked by a group of bandits. Assuming on ...more
Jared
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Akame ga KILL! starts with the main character, Tatsumi, saving a caravan from a ground dragon danger beast. He then explains to the caravan that he is trying to get military fame to save his village from starvation. Tatsumi learns the capital is not a good place. It is corrupt. He then runs into a group of assassins known as Night Raid, who is trying to eliminate all the corrupt officials. After accidentally proving himself to them, they recruit Tatsumi against his will.
The art style is typical
Yomna Suwaïdan
Jun 25, 2016 rated it liked it

EVIL SPIRIT FROM ALL THE LAND , IN THE FORM OF HUMANS , IS CORRUPTED AND IS NOW A LIVING HELL .. THAT 'S ALL CAUSE OF AUTHORITY ....

LOOKING FORWARD TO ACHIEVE AN AIM NEEDS SOMETIMES TO GET RID OF THINGS THAT ARE , SOMEHOW , ALMOST MEANINGFUL FOR US ... WE MUST THEN " KILL OUR CARES "

Sora
Oct 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loving the story and characters as well. Funny characters and too much action! At the start is not really interesting, in my opinion it was pretty boring, but at a certain point, not too far, you will find it amazing. The events happen really fast so you will be interested soon, but for me that wasn't something that I expect that... quick.

If you like action, blood, a kind of dystopian world, and you wanna laugh sometimes... Try it and read this manga!
Leo Lopez
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great Read!!! If you like action, violence, and awkward moment's then this is your book. It involves a guy named Tatsumi, Tatsumi is heading towards the capital which is now corrupted (He does not know that) Along the way him and his 3 friends get slit up and agreed they would meet in the Capital. Tatsumi arrives into the city and all hell is flipped....
Kristian Dobson
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Solid beginnings.

Entertaining read, although it feels very much like a first volume in that the whole thing is essentially set up of the world and characters. That’s fine, but it’s hard to tell if it’ll become a series I’ll love or not.

3.5/5
Arthur
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
really fresh start for a series 4.5!!!
M.
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
[English]

[En español al final]

This kicks off with a very promising start. A hopeful, kind boy goes to the capital of the empire in order to become a soldier and help people in his village… only to be deceived twice -have I ever mentioned how much I love plot twists that do not necessarily happen near the end of the story? The lines were simply beautiful and I can’t wait to get to know all the Night Raid members since I barely know their names at this stage -I guess that was intentional since the
Mladoria
Ayant vu la série tirée du manga, j'étais curieuse de le découvrir. Je n'ai pas été déçue loin de là.
Un manga original (je n'avais jamais vu de "journal" du personnage imprimé sur les première et quatrième de couverture c'est chose faite et ça marche bien), drôle (chaque personnage a un caractère bien trempé avec ses défauts exacerbés : vantardise, maladresse, taquinerie, gourmandise) où les apparences sont trompeuses.
On rentre dans un monde corrompu où ceux qui de prime abord apparaissent co
Katja
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I had no idea if I would like this or not but it turned out to be pretty entertaining. It's dark and violent (but not quite as graphic as I expected) but there's also drops of comedy and fanservice which somehow manage to fit into the narrative. Fanservice isn't prevalent though. One thing that didn't mesh with the rest was the fourth wall breaking joke Mine makes towards the end of the volume. There's also a couple of old trope-y remarks/jokes you might expect but they are easy to let pass.

It's
Piotr
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Zazwyczaj unikałem shōnenów jak ognia, gdyż przeszkadzała mi ich powtarzalność lub infantylność. Akame Ga Kill to dowód na to, że pomimo skierowania swojej mangi do młodych chłopców można stworzyć ciekawą historię, nawet dla tych nieco starszych czytelników!

Protagonista tej mangi, Tatsumi, razem ze swoimi towarzyszami wyrusza do stolicy Imperium, aby uratować mieszkańców swojej wioski z szponów nędzy. Sielanka głównego bohatera zostaje przerwana wraz z atakiem grupy assasynów Night Raid. Każda p
Maria Do
Feb 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-harder
Sempre gostei muito de quadrinho, graphic novels, etc. Mas este é o primeiro Manga que leio, foi realmente um desafio, pois a forma de ler é bem diferente da nossa forma usual. Gostei da leitura, as imagens são muito forte, bem feitas, a narrativa é muito interessante (se você gosta de fantasia ou distopia). Li somente o volume 01, que comprei para minha neta em New York há alguns anos. Mas acho que seria interessante ler a continuação, para ver se o jovem Tatsumi alcança seu objetivo, de salvar ...more
David
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Watched the anime, and things feel off, so I did some reading and realised that the anime skips quite a bit. Picked up the manga to see what was missing.

The plot follows Tatsumi as he arrives at the capital city of an old empire well on its way to decline. He set off for the capital with some friends in the hopes of earning some fame and fortune to help his village.

Unfortunately, the capital turned out to be completely not what he expected, and due to a series of really bad luck, he ended up get
Martin
Sep 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
3,5 * für einen überdurchschnittlichen, mir aber zu brutalen und negativen Manga. Ich hab zwar grundsätzlich nichts gegen Brutalität, aber hier verkommt sie teilweise zum Selbstzweck, abgesehen davon sterben die Figuren noch häufiger als in Game of Thrones...

Das Setting ist zwar nicht neu, aber imho auch noch nicht so ausgelutscht und erinnert ein wenig an Full Metal Alchemist, als in beiden Manga ein vom Militär beherrschtes Königreich dargestellt wird. Der Zeichenstil ist passend, die Figuren
Rinke
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am totally in love with this series!
At a first glance it seems just your typical shonen manga three friends two male and 1 female (like always) leave their village to save their little village while traveling the world while knowing absolutely nothing about the way things work outside their homes. Until this point about the first chapter everything just seems like some generic story.

And Than you reach the second chapter And EVERYTHING changes the friends get brutally punished for their naivet
Sam
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
*read as part of Manga Madness Readathon (round 5)*

I'm glad that I chose now to try and read the whole series, considering that my fiance already got me to watch the anime. From what I understand though, there are a lot of differences between the two, so I'm curious to see what all happens. One thing I think I can say about this one is that with some of the close-ups for the female characters, it was slightly difficult to differentiate between them. At least with the anime their hair and eye col
Buttons
This is essentially a story about a group of murderers.
Good people and bad people die horrible deaths, are tortured, beaten and raped. They fight, kill and die. These mentioned assassins are the protagonists and the 'good' people, they kill for a good cause, but kill nonetheless. The 'bad' people are most of the time even worse and the things they enjoy may make you want to puke, however, some 'bad' people are not actually that bad and leave families and loved ones behind. So be prepared that h
Mangaphilia: Akame Ga Kill! 2 1 Apr 09, 2018 09:02PM

• ソウルイーター25 (Soul Eater, #25)
  • Witch Hunter, Volume 1 (Witch Hunter #1)
  • ヴァニタスの手記 1 [Vanitas no Carte 1] (The Case Study of Vanitas, #1)
  • Demon from Afar, Vol. 1
  • Log Horizon, Vol. 1 (Log Horizon Manga, #1)
  • Prophecy, Tome 1 (Prophecy, #1)
  • Secret, Vol. 1
  • Chrno Crusade, Vol. 2 (Chrno Crusade, #2)

Akame ga KILL! (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • アカメが斬る! 2 (Akame ga KILL!, #2)
  • アカメが斬る! 3 (Akame ga KILL!, #3)
  • アカメが斬る! 4 (Akame ga KILL!, #4)
  • アカメが斬る! 5 (Akame ga KILL!, #5)
  • アカメが斬る! 6 (Akame ga KILL!, #6)
  • アカメが斬る! 7 (Akame ga KILL!, #7)
  • アカメが斬る! 8 (Akame ga KILL!, #8)
  • アカメが斬る! 9 (Akame ga KILL!, #9)
  • アカメが斬る! 10 (Akame ga KILL!, #10)
  • アカメが斬る! 11 (Akame ga KILL!, #11)