Start by marking “Second Daughter (Royals of Dharia #2)” as Want to Read:
Second Daughter (Royals of Dharia #2)

Second Daughter

(The Royals of Dharia #2)

Aniri’s life is supposedly perfect—she’s beloved by the people of Jungali and betrothed to their handsome prince. He’s a noble barbarian who’s pledged to use his skyship for peace, but the threat of a second skyship in the hands of rival country Samir looms over their impending marriage… and Aniri begins to question her rush to marry a man she barely knows.

When the Second
ebook
Published July 7th 2014 (first published June 30th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Second Daughter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Second Daughter

diana
Mar 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
You guys holy crap! This book. This WONDERFUL book!

I mentioned in my review of the first book that I wasn't totally sold on the romance between Aniri and Ash. But this book proved just how totally wrong I was. I NEED more Ash. Ash is my bae. Nothing could stop me from reading the next book. Nothing. Not even the zombie apocalypse. Because ASH <3 <3 <3

Second Daughter is a perfect follow-up to Third Daughter. It has so much more intrigue, drama, adventure and (swoony) romance.
Seledri is
Francesca
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is another amazing example of Susan Kaye Quinn's excellent writing. Her writing draws you in and doesn't allow you to escape until you finish the book. The world she writes is stunning and vividly created in our imaginations with women wearing bright purple dresses and orange corsets to an air ship sailing across the sky.

This book offers lots of action, gun fights and saber duels, and political intrigue. The main character, the third daughter, is still having issues with playing polit
Fangs for the Fantasy
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
Aniri is back in Jungali with Prince Malik. Now that things have settled down a little though the threat of war with Samir looms large, Aniri now has time to wonder if she has rushed into her engagement with the handsome prince. Aniri has good reason to doubt given that her last affair with the courtesan Deevish ended in betrayal. Aniri barely has a change to deal with her jitters before she is notified that an assassination attempt has been made on her sister, the second daughter of Dahria, Sel ...more
Kaye Campbell
Jul 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, steampunk
There’s nonstop action in Susan Kaye Quinn’s new steampunk novel, Second Daughter, the second book in her Dharian Affairs Trilogy. First Daughter was a fun and fast-paced read, setting the stage for loads of drama in Second Daughter. The colorful environment, costumes and characters are enchanting, as she takes us on a gender-bending, East Indian-themed adventure. Second Daughter entices us with further development of the charming characters, first introduced in Third Daughter, plus a plethora o ...more
Sandra Stiles
Dec 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book begins where the last one ended. In this second book, the eveing before Aniri’s wedding to Ash she learns her sister Seledri is in trouble. Someone has made an assassination attempt. Aniri leaves to “rescue” her sister because there are rumors that her sister’s new country is planning war against Dharia.
I received a copy to facilitate my review. The opinons expressed here are my own.
Nancie
Jul 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Second Daughter is even better!

I thoroughly enjoyed the Third Daughter but the Second Daughter was even better! I can hardly wait for the First Daughter now. I stayed up well past my normal bedtime because I couldn't stop reading this story and it was well worth it. Get these Books!!!
Kay Hudson
Aug 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Finally had a chance to finish Second Daughter today. It ended with a great cliffhanger, and I immediately started on the third book in the trilogy, First Daughter. I can't recommend the series highly enough.
Thea
Jul 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
A fun read. . Interested to see the conclusion.
Rupmala
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hearts-on-fire
In the second book...
After Aniri and Ash sees the sky ship everything changes.
They think there's another.
But now Aniri needs to face the music, her wedding plans.

She becomes unsure about her wedding, then news about her sister Seledri reaches her.
Ash and her along with everyone else is upset that she wants go to seledri.
Ash also suspects she is having second thoughts.

Aniri also has other plans not just to see if her sister is ok but to bring her home to Dharia and away from her loveless m
The Mysterious Reader
I was blown away by Third Daughter, the first book in Susan Kaye Quinn’s The Royals of Dharia series. As a result I’ve been eagerly waiting for this book, Second Daughter, the second in the trilogy. It was worth the wait. Aniri (the Third Daughter) is still the start here as she rushes off to the rival kingdom of Samir when her beloved sister Seledri (the eponymous Second Daughter) is poisoned and may be dying. You can read the publisher’s blurb for what happens next. It’s yet steampunk Bollywoo ...more
Naoé
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, diverse-read
I really liked this book even if I read the first one a few months ago I wasn’t lost or anything in the characters places or plot and this was really good
I enjoyed the Indian inspired setting and the political aspect of the story and the powerful female leader and the Queendoms aspect of the story
The main characters all of them are all really complex and multilayered and I liked the fact that the romance wasn’t always simple there were conflicts and hesitation and misunderstandings and that mad
Patricia
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bravo!

I purchased this book a few hours ago & want the third book! The characters are memorable and strong. The dialogue is believable and well written. The events of the book are wonderfully descriptive. This is not my usual genre, but it is fast becoming a favorite. There are answers to some mysteries, there is action galore, & steam punk throughout.
I'm off to buy the third book now. Read the first book & then the second. The first book is: The Third Daughter (The Royals of Dharia
Nancy
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This second book in The Royals of Dharia series find Princess Aniri headed into enemy territory to rescue her sister, the second daughter of the Queen of Dharia. But is this the real reason she’s running away, or is Aniri fleeing from her impending marriage to a handsome prince? While in Samir, she confronts buried family secrets and learns of a plot against the Queendoms that necessitates an immediate return home. Realizing she loves the prince, she devotes herself to him and his people. But ju ...more
Roger
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My second read from author Susan Kaye Quinn. A rollicking steam-punk adventure set in exotic India. Don't let the title throw you, even though it says Second Daughter the main character is the same as from the first book. Well-written with well-developed main characters, an enjoyable read, even better than the first book in the series. I was given an Audible copy of this book & I'm voluntarily reviewing it! (RIP Marley January 20, 2014 - July 24, 2018)
Sharon Phelps
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book even more than the first book. It was fun to see the growth of Anira's character from a flighty, spoilt, self-centered girl into a young woman coming into her own own womanhood and power. She continues to get into adventures and scrapes while wrestling with love, and little matters like rescuing her sister, and the threat of war. The plot kept me spellbound until the end and I can't wait to read First Daughter.
Veronica
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More intrigue

We see Aniri growing and maturing, learning more about herself as she goes on further adventures. The Second Daughter brings more intrigue and action, and some surprises. What will The First Daughter bring?
Tally
Not as good as the first but second-half of the book was emotional and riveting enough to keep me speeding through it to find out what happens. Now onto the final book! High hopes because so far am loving this series (even if Aniri can be a bit annoying at times).
Bob Neumann
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading The Third Daughter, I just had to read the WHOLE series. Second book takes off like a skyrocket. It never slows down. Awesome world crafting....
Rachel Barnard
Sep 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Full review to follow.
Jackie
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unbelievably fantastic. I haven’t read a book by this author that I haven’t loved. I also listened to the audible version. The narrator was easy to listen to.
Heidi Dover
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: liked
Got a little tired of her wishy-washiness when it came to her feelings and how she treated Ash, but still a great worldbuilding tale and adventure
Racquell G
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one is better than the first, I enjoyed this one so much more.
Polly
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was exciting in it's own right, but what is best is that it leads to
the final book which I believe will be a great read.
Veray
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series and I can't wait to see what happens next!
Kelly
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fun & Action-Packed, with Just the Right Amount of K-I-S-S-I-N-G!

(Full disclosure: I received a free e-copy of this book for review from the author.)

When last we saw the Third Daughter of Dharia, she was on board the reclaimed skyship Prosperity, bound for Jungali with the “barbarian” prince Ash at her side. The two planned to wed – for love, not country – but their happy ending was somewhat overshadowed by the possibility that their former Samirian allies had build a second, undiscovered sk
Mom & Dad
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

This had me on the edge of my seat the whole time I was reading! A grew continuation to the story! Can't wait to start the next one.
Veronica of V's Reads
When last we saw Aniri, she was due to marry Ash, Prince of Jungali, in a week. Her mother and eldest sister have arrived in Bhatki, Jungali's capital city, for the wedding and Aniri had iceberg feet. She's barely 18, and unsure that she could make a good Queen--let alone a good wife. Plus, she fears that her affection for Ash was the product of their adventure together. She knows he's a good man--Aniri feels a bit...unworthy.

Then, on the eve of their wedding, Aniri's pregnant sister, Seledri s
Justine Winans
Jul 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Step 1: Purchase Second Daughter today.
Step 2: ASDFJKL

Second Daughter is another great installment of The Dharian Affairs trilogy, and definitely had me falling in love with Susan Kaye Quinn's work all over again - even if the ending made me throw things and scream into pillows. The sequel is just as fast paced and exciting as the first novel and will have readers begging for more. (And, you know, throwing chairs or something.)

It isn't always easy to have a strong voice while writing in the thi
Carrie Slager
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
[Full disclosure: After seeing my 5 star review of Third Daughter, Susan Kaye Quinn provided me with a free ebook of her second book in exchange for an honest review.]

As you guys know, I really don’t read much steampunk. It’s never really appealed to me as a genre but I’ve picked up the odd one here and there. I almost didn’t request Third Daughter on NetGalley several months ago, but I’m so glad I did. I was even happier when Susan Kaye Quinn contacted me about reviewing the sequel. I mean, aft
Online Eccentric Librarian