Start by marking “Easy Target (Elite Ops, #3)” as Want to Read:
Easy Target (Elite Ops, #3)

Easy Target

(Elite Ops #3)

AEGIS: an elite team of ex-military men who will do anything for their country…and their women...

Fighting to clear her brother of murder, freelance reporter Sassy Smith is suddenly kidnapped and thrown into a truck with other women who are about to be sold…or worse. When she sees an opportunity for escape Sassy takes it, but she may have just jumped from the frying pan int
Published June 9th 2015 by Avon Impulse

To ask other readers questions about Easy Target, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Easy Target

Carra
Jun 12, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edelweiss
Easy Target, the third book in the Elite Ops series, is a constant action and suspense read with a bit of romance thrown in for good measure. Though it may be categorized as romantic suspense, the story was more heavily weighted toward the action and suspense side than romance.

Many books that are part of a series can usually be read on their own without compromising the enjoyment of the book. While the same could be said for Easy Target, I would strongly recommend reading the first two books in
Cindy ~
Dec 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Action packed story that literally picks up where the last book left off. As this series has many crossover plots from the previous books I would recommend reading in order.

At last we knew Sassy Smith was seen in a truck full of kidnapped women in Africa who were to be sold. She manages to get herself out of that situation on her own. But her troubles are far from over.

Bryan Fisher who is her brother’s best friend comes to Africa to save her. He and Sassy have a one of those histories of where
S.M. Harshell
**I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.**

A lot of these reviews say to read the previous books before reading this one. I did not but wish that I would have. I jumped right in at Easy Target I was somewhat lost concerning some of the back story but I was able to easily follow along through the rest of the story. So heed the advise and read book #1 and #2 first.

Sassy Smith was kidnapped trying to prove her brother's innocence in the disappearance of his girlfri
Wren
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, avon-addict
Fabulous! There better be another one after this! Bryan is a huge pain in the ass but he compliments Sassy so well that its perfect.
Anne Blyth
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have thoroughly enjoyed this book and the previous one. Well worth a read as plenty of action and twists to keep the interest up.
Francesca
I disliked Sassy personality in this book, she does not think about the actions that she's involves and causes so much trouble.
Lynetta
An anticlimactic experience.
Ara Prado
Jun 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Title: Easy Target (Elite Ops # 3)
Author: Kay Thomas
Release Date: June 9, 2015
Published by: Avon Impulse
Source: ARC Given by Author and Tour Organizer

ARA'S NOTE:
It has never been my thing to read a book that is part of a series that I haven't been following. I somehow feel like I'm an intruder who does not have a clue who the people she's reading about are. That was my exact hesitation when I was offered to review Easy Target, but me being me, I love a good action along with awesome romance. So
Kbird
Oct 12, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF...

I've read this book before. Many times, by many different authors. It's not original, and therefore not worth my time.

Reviews.
Mignon Mykel
Jun 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Received a review copy in exchange for an honest review; original tour posting can be found at:

If you're a fan of the quick turn around, but the entire series taking place over a chunk of time, this is your series. Granted, this was the first book I've read, but I could tell it was like a HARD INK story line.

Were there parts that I felt a little bit lost?

Would it have been beneficial to read the previous books?

I'm thinking so...

...but there was enough
Catherine (The Sassy Bookster)
Apr 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: edelweiss-arcs
If you love reading about danger, conspiracies and non-stop action, then you’ll definitely love Easy Target! The story literally begins with action that had me on edge, reading very quickly to find out what happens next.

Sassy Smith is a freelance reporter chasing a story from Mexico to Africa, a story that could lead to the exoneration and release of her brother from a Mexican jail, when she gets kidnapped. Her brother’s best friend and former marine, Bryan Fisher, who was already in Africa jump
Lynn (Ellesea Loves Reading)
Oh My! I'm completely new to the Elite Obs Series and now need to read the first two books as soon as is possible! This is an exciting, action packed romantic suspense novel I read as a standalone.

Sassy Smith may be tiny, but what she lacks in height she gains in attitude. She has a pretty smart mouth and can't resist baiting the guy she's had a crush on since she was fourteen years old. Only she uses this tactic as a smoke screen to deflect away from the effect an incident in high school impact
Trader (RedHotBlueReads)

Sassy Smith escapes her kidnappers and is lucky enough to be rescued by the one guy she's been in love with since she was fourteen, Bryan Fisher. Sassy, Bryan and a huge group of their friends from AEGIS are involved in a very complicated drug and human trafficking case that spans from Mexico to Africa. I have not read the first two books in this series, but I was able to follow the Sassy and Bryan story quite easily.

Sassy is quite like her name. I liked that she wasn't afraid to take
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Posted on What I'm Reading

I have been finding myself enjoying this series. When we last left off in Personal Target Sassy Smith was kidnapped, and Bryan decided to go after her and save her. In essence this is where we pick up in Easy Target. Oh boy. This was pretty good.

Okay, I never understood why Sassy always got underneath Bryan's skin, but it was finally made clear in Easy Target. I always thought he just didn't like reporters, nope it's a bit more complicated than that. As we know Sassy h
Renee Entress
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2015
4.7 star

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first
Hard Target (Elite Ops, #1)
Personal Target: An Elite Ops Novel (Elite Ops, #2)

I enjoyed this book by Kay. This book includes passion, laughs, heartache, kidnappings, murder, betrayal, explosions, car accidents and a few gun fights. Everything you need for a great suspense story!!

Sassy was kidnapping while trying to find her brother’s girlfriend. She will do anything to help her brother get out of jail. He brothe
Kristin Ellis
Aug 10, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
First, I think you really need to read the books that came before this in the series. The description doesn't say that it should not be read as a standalone but it shouldn't be. It was hard to sort out the characters and back stories, and it was hard to follow the story because it was so dependent on the other books.

Second, I found no chemistry between Sassy and Bryan, and never really developed anything more than a passing interest in either of them - perhaps at least partly because I have not
Books and Spoons
Jun 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fiery and intense story, not only from the danger, fear, and uncertainty the characters have, while running for their lives, but from the sexual tension between Sassy and Bryan.
Sassy and Bryan have known each other since childhood. And they have had feelings for each other that long as well. Bryan even escaped to military service, to stay away from Sassy and the deep longing he had for her. Now they are back in each others lives, and those old feelings are burning hotter than ever.
The action is
Dana Wayne
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The action starts on page 1 and continues non stop till 'the end'. Book 3 can be read stand alone from the other two but I highly recommend reading them as well.
Sassy is aptly named. Too smart and daring for her own good, she really needs a keeper - and Bryan aka Hollywood is just the man for the job. Chasing a story on human trafficking, she finds herself kidnapped with little hope of escaping. But Sassy is not one to give up without a fight and manages to escape when the truck carrying the la
TheGeekyBlogger
Jun 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read for Review (Avon)
Overall Rating: 4.00
Story Rating: 4.50
Character Rating: 3.50

First Thought when Finished: Holy heck! Easy Target by Kay Thomas took the Elite Ops series to a whole new level.

Quick Thoughts: Here is what you need to know: I like action, intrigue, and strong mystery. When they are present and strong in romance, I get a little giddy. The Elite Ops series is one of those with an international scale and whole lot of intrigue. However, Easy Target really kicked it up a notch. Whil
Mags
An enjoyable read, took me a few chapters to get into it, only because it pretty much picks up from where the second book left off. So I was trying to remember who these characters were, and why they are in Africa etc. However once I got going with the book I did get hooked, there was lots of suspense and action. Which I love, but the relationship between Sassy and Bryan got a little annoying for me, it had too much of a will they won't they thing going on, and it slightly ruined my enjoyment of ...more
Rachael
Action packed thriller with a scoop of romance on the side.

I thoroughly enjoyed Easy Target by Kay Thomas!
Let me make a few pointers first.
1) Do yourself a favor and read both book one and two before reading Easy Target. That way you'll understand the entire back story.
2) Start off reading early. This book is very addictive and you won't want to put it down.
3) Enjoy the surprises. Don't cheat and read the ending before you get there.
Easy Target had me hooked. It was a do read for me. There is s
Richard
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bravo!
Really. This trilogy is more one big story in 3 parts, than 3 separate books.
All very unputdownable.

The action/adventure part to this book is still well done, as is the case for the first two books.
What an ending. :-)

The characters have a .. somewhat darker background this time. :-(
Still. The Heroine does something at some point which seems TSTL. Ugh.

I guess it had to be cut or something, but the boss Gavin doesn't quite get as much development/progress near the end as I'd've hoped. Oh wel
Kristina Birch
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent addition to the series

Kay Thomas's Elite Ops series just keeps getting better and better. In Easy Target, the third book in the series, Hollywood and Sassy get there chance at running for their lives, unraveling the complicated international crime ring, and falling in love. Thomas seamlessly blends adventure, action, humor, and emotion into every chapter. The history between Hollywood and Sassy add a layer that a makes the love story even more moving and rewarding. Don't miss the firs
Kelley Schmidt
Jun 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story! This book may be read as a stand alone, but I highly recommend reading each novel in the order it was written for a true understanding of the overall story line.

I have loved reading this series. The action and suspense is very well thought out and all the loose ends are tied up in this book. The action is perfectly paced and any down time is filled with the ever present attraction between Sassy and Bryan. I enjoyed the easy teasing between characters and loved the addition of Bear.
Kristina Birch
Excellent addition to the series

Glittergirl
May 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is Sassy, Trey sister and his BF Bryan's story. I had to read this one after reading the previous 2 stories in this series. I really liked the strength of Sassy and how she stands on her own feet in this story. She's a participant in the action and they rescue each other at times. Finally we have the answers to who's been pulling the strings in this escapade. Oh dear now we have Trey's story coming...
Amy
May 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
This is the story of Sassy Smith and Bryan "Hollywood" Fisher. They are both working to clear Sassy's brother Trey's name from a murder he didn't commit. It was fast paced and so very good! Kay Thomas knows how to write. The ending of this book left me wanting more!

"The only promise I can make is that I won't hurt you." "I know you won't." And in that moment she believed him.

Ahhhh! Swoon! Love Hollywood!

I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
Cris
Sep 05, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I've read and enjoyed the previous AEGIS novels, but I just couldn't get into EASY TARGET. Sassy and Bryan both rubbed me the wrong way, and I couldn't feel any involvement or interest in their relationship. The action & suspense parts of the story were better, but the writing felt high schoolish at best and powering through felt almost like a chore.
ilona
Aug 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Would actually rate it a 3.5, but liked the book better than Easy Target, so went up a notch.
Sassy, a free lance reporter is looking for her brother's missing fiancé and stumbles upon human trafficking. Bryan who is her brother's best friend and a marine is helping her and trying to protect her. Like the characters in this series.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Rescued by the Ranger
  • Breaking Through (SEAL TEAM Heartbreakers #2)
  • Such A Pretty Girl (FBI, #2)
  • Breaking Danger (Ghost Ops, #3)
  • Wild Nights (Justiss Alliance, #3)
  • Hit Hard
  • Playing Dirty (Bad Boys Undercover, #1)
  • Loved by a SEAL (Hot SEALs, #6)
  • Sweet Cowboy Christmas (Sweet, Texas, #3.5)
  • Cold Day in Hell (Lost and Found, Inc., #2)
  • Bound to Danger (Deadly Ops, #2)
  • Edge of Surrender (Alpha Crew, #2)
  • Promises Decide (Promises, #5)
  • Confessions of a Secret Admirer: A Valentine's Day Anthology
  • Kill Without Mercy (ARES Security, #1)
  • Running Wilde (Wilde Security, #4)
I didn’t grow up burning to be a writer. As a child I wasn’t even much of a reader until fourth grade. That’s when I was stuck at home with the flu and my big sister read THE BLACK STALLION aloud to me. For hours I was enthralled—shipwrecked in a foreign land and riding an untamed horse across the hot desert sand. Then tragedy struck. My sister lost her voice. (I think she caught my flu.) But I co ...more

Elite Ops (3 books)
  • Hard Target (Elite Ops #1)
  • Personal Target (Elite Ops, #2)