Start by marking “Krakens and Lies (Menagerie #3)” as Want to Read:
Krakens and Lies (Menagerie #3)

Krakens and Lies

(Menagerie #3)

The Menagerie trilogy comes to a fantastic conclusion in Krakens and Lies, the third magical and mysterious adventure from Tui Sutherland (New York Times bestselling author of the Wings of Fire series) and Kari Sutherland. Young readers who love mythological creatures and series like Fablehaven, the Spiderwick Chronicles, and Spirit Animals won't want to miss the ...more
Published March 10th 2015 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Krakens and Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Krakens and Lies

Start your review of Krakens and Lies (Menagerie #3)
Karissa
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

This is the third and final book in the Menagerie series. This book was an excellent conclusion to this middle grade contemporary fantasy. I actually enjoy this series a lot more than Tui Sutherland’s Wings of Fire series. You definitely need to read the previous books in this series to understand what’s going on in this one.

For the whole series someone has been sabotaging the Menagerie. It is up to Logan and Zoe to unravel the mystery of who this someone is. Things get worse when someone lets
Brenda
I finished reading this series of books because the story really held my attention. I did enjoy all the characters. I could believe that all the characters could be real people. I found the story to be unique and full of adventure. This author does know how to write.
Michelle
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Appropriate for: age 11+

I really enjoyed this sequel. There are more characters (and animals) to follow than ever, but I didn't have too much trouble. I found most of the characters very likable and the story, especially the mystery, engaging!
Grace Anthony
Mar 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2016, reviewed
Lauren
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: j-fantasy
I LOVED this series. The mystery! The creatures! And the characters!

This is my perfect combination of mystery and fantasy that had me on the edge of my seat. All the clue are there, the question is: will you figure it out before the end?

Aprilleigh
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The last volume in a trilogy, this book neatly wrapped up all the loose ends in the previous two books, while leaving plenty of openings for a second trilogy later. Who is the mysterious person the school librarian was corresponding with? He didn't believe her, but they're still a potential wild card. What about the mysterious Antarctic menagerie? What adventures will Logan have at Camp Underpaw next summer? How will his first trip hunting for a mythological creature go? I have no idea if they ...more
Shall I Download A Black Hole And Offer It To You
i must say i had no idea who/what was behind the mysterious goings-on at the Menagerie in Xanadu... i loved this book... how the hell did all three books cover such a short span of time but cram so much fun and excitement and crazy animals and interesting people in there??? definitely a superfun and superfast read, there really wasn't a place to stop for a break... so many great characters (human and mythic-beast) and such a fantastical book-place to be dropped into for the duration... a ...more
Robyn
Survey reward | Such a good conclusion to the trilogy, did not disappoint. | I only wish I had been able to read this final book more promptly after finishing the first two books, because there was quite a bit that I didn't really remember when I began. Fortunately the opening does a good job of reminding the reader, though I never did recall what one of the acronyms meant until reading the epilogue. Successful wrapping up where loose ends were tied up and consequences were appropriate. ...more
Sharon
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the final book in the Menagerie series. My granddaughter (age 9) loved the book and in the back of the book is a dictionary of mythical animals. She enjoyed studying about the animals, some included in the book and some not included. She is hopeful there will be more books. I enjoyed reading these books "with" her. The books are excellent for about a 6th grade reading level. I like them because they have extended her vocabulary by using sophisticated vocabulary. She figured out most of ...more
Emily Carlyn
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This 3rd book in the Menagerie series is just as action-packed! It's hard to realize that all the books themselves only take place within a 2 week span!! (Or at least that's what I understand from when Logan thinks about how long he's known about the Menagerie itself.) In this installment, Zoe, Blake, and Logan, have to figure out who is trying to wreak havoc on the Menagerie itself. A missing basilisk (don't look into it's eyes!) and grumpy merpeople are some of the animal mishaps of this book. ...more
Karin
This book wraps the whole series up nicely.

This series isn't as compelling as the Wings of Fire series. Zoe made sure readers were supposed to be extremely worried about everything which became rather annoying after awhile. Many of the creatures had comic personalities: whiney, narcessistic, annoying. Some interesting new mythical creatures are introduced in the books. I'm surprised that my 12 year-old read all the books as they seem a bit young for her.
Rick Stuckwisch
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this trilogy, and this third book was as good or better than the first two. Interesting story, compelling characters, and a creative scenario. Well told in an easy but engaging style. Hit the sweet spot, as far as I'm concerned, for middle school and junior high readers and listeners. And I found it a pleasure to read aloud to my children.
Vijay
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved it. This was such a satisfying ending the left almost no loose ends. The ending ties all the clues to reveal the villain and their plan. I love the heartwarming ending. I would really recommend this book.
Lesa
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Read it. I enjoyed the wrap up of the story. I liked the slight character development in the kids and how well they worked together. The three books build on each other and are really just a continuation of the first story. Easy read and good for what it's trying to do.
Anushka R.
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The third book in the Menagerie is amazing! Marco provides A LOT of humor (you better get use to that) and Logan is just as amazing as ever. They also provide more mythical creatures to keep the reader captivated as well.
Mariah Oleszkowicz
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Great, imaginative series. Mythical creatures, happy endings, what's not to love. Quick read - but it kept me captivated.
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
The Menagerie, such a good little trilogy series. I found myself enjoying the series very much. Cute little read and I loved all the mythical creatures!
Sara Norris Ingles
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book as well as the series. The characters, story twists, and adventure were a lot of fun to read.
Marisa
Harper liked this series, I'll recommend it to kids regularly. Great for fans of Warriors, Wings of Fire, Percy Jackson.
Amanda
Apr 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, kids
An excellent wrap-up to this series. I read all three of these books out loud to my kids & we all enjoyed them.
Nicole
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
This is a great book with magical animals.
JulieLaLa
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rollicking ending to a lovely trilogy, perfect for young (and young at heart) readers. So much action, so much fun!
Adam Schramm
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Awesome read---did not want the series to end!
Rock
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
SICK!
Jonathan Paul
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
you find out who is sabotaged the menagerie then you find out what the sterlings are going to do to the menagerie!
Vicki
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great series!!
Nicole
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library, teen-fiction
This series was magical! The third book didn't really live up to the first two, the ending wrapped up a bit too quickly, but I loved it! I'm sad it's all over.
Courtney Hester
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SO GOOD I love it.

This book was a wonderful read! My son and I enjoyed the whole series and can wait to see if there will be more!
Becky B
After Logan stumbles across plans in the Sterling's house to turn the Menagerie into an amusement park, he, Zoe, and Blue feel like they're one step closer to finding the saboteur wreaking havoc at the Menagerie and maybe even the location of Logan's mom and the Chinese dragon. But before they can make much headway, there's yet another incident, this time the basilisk gets loose and it happens right when Jasmin Sterling is over! Can she help Logan, Zoe, Blue and Marco figure out who in her ...more
Aaron
Nov 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Menagerie trilogy comes to a conclusion with this title. Of course, the Menagerie is once again in danger, and it will be up to Logan and Zoe and their friends to resolve the problem before the Menagerie is closed forever. It is clear that someone is sabotaging the Menagerie, and it seems like it could actually be Logan's dad, who might just be looking for Logan's missing mother.

Logan's mother went missing months earlier. She goes out into the wilds of the world to find fantastical creatures
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Page number request 3 12 May 10, 2019 09:56AM

• The Last Olympian: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson Book 5)
  • Wild Born (Spirit Animals, #1)
  • Worlds Apart (Story Thieves #5)
  • Pick the Plot (Story Thieves, #4)
  • Hunted (Spirit Animals, #2)
  • Dragon Bones (The Unwanteds Quests #2)
  • Stormspeaker (Spirit Animals: Fall of the Beasts #7)
  • The Fog Diver (The Fog Diver, #1)
  • Blood Ties (Spirit Animals, #3)
  • Dragon Captives (The Unwanteds Quests, #1)
  • Storybound (Storybound #1)
  • Once Upon the End (Half Upon a Time, #3)
  • Fire and Ice (Spirit Animals, #4)
  • Master of the Phantom Isle (Dragonwatch, #3)
  • Dragon Ghosts (The Unwanteds Quests Book 3)
  • The Serpent's Shadow: The Graphic Novel (The Kane Chronicles, #3)
  • Immortal Guardians (Spirit Animals: Fall of the Beasts, #1)
  • Predator Vs Prey (Going Wild #2)
Okay, I know what you’re thinking. Tui? What kind of name is that? Is it short for something?

Nope. Among the many great things to come out of New Zealand (the Lord of the Rings movies, cats that paint, my mom) is a bird called the tui—not as well known as the kiwi, but a heck of a lot noisier!

I was born July 31 (same birthday as Harry Potter!) in Caracas, Venezuela, and lived in Asuncion,

Menagerie (3 books)
  • The Menagerie (Menagerie, #1)
  • Dragon on Trial (Menagerie, #2)